Muert

Registered bored user

muert wrote:
trimble What if you change your mind the day after the election?  What if you change your mind an hour after you leave the election booth?   You cast your vote, and you are stuck with it until the next election.  Whether you voted on election day, or a week ahead of time.
muert wrote:
You think you are gonna take a picture with me without paying up?  Time for a swim.
muert wrote:
This is one of many reasons I am anti death penalty. Too much of a chance of killing an innocent person.
muert wrote:
waldo863 I think you and I have a different concept of "almost."  

Scenario 1, I give you 20 dollars.

Scenario 2, you sneak into my house and take 20 dollars out of an unlocked box.

My 20$ in an unlocked box is safe from you because you don't know where I live, where I keep the box, if the box is unlocked, or if there is even 20$ in the box.
muert wrote:
megrendel I don't think anyone believes that Hillary handled her email well.  But are you really claiming equivalency between "Storing classified information in an insecure location." and "Giving classified information directly to people who are explicitly not supposed to have it?"
muert wrote:
5cats  "That’s one of those subjects I can’t comment on one way or another. Please don’t interpret that in any way other than I just can’t talk about anything that relates to the FISA process in an open setting.”  - Comey

"I can't comment" is kind of like pleading the 5th.  You should not take it as evidence in either direction.
muert wrote:
dkm458 What that transcript says is that Clapper did not have strong evidence of Collusion and that Yates was unable to comment due to confidentiality concerns.  That does not remove all doubts.
muert wrote:
A three year old article about 4 year old data is relevant to President Trump how?
muert wrote:
holygod Don't forget that once the government gets their noses out of the hospital business, all the billionaires will see the problems and jump in with charity to fix it.  Just like they do right now.
muert wrote:
normalfreak2 I am generally in favor of a free market, however in this situation we are looking at a market that is punishing people that are unable to influence the market themselves.  

Children shouldn't have to suffer because their parents are not financially well endowed.  I would argue that the government should help bring the minimum baseline up for all the disadvantaged kids.  If reach people want to send their kids to schools/hospitals/etc. that are better then they are free to do so.
muert wrote:
normalfreak2 I can't tell if your argument is satire or not.  Help a guy out?
muert wrote:
Somewhere there is a movie where a siege is ended by the siege's leader yelling out <inspirational speech> "We bring you bread!" and catapulting loaves of bread into the castle.  

I wonder how much we could do with air dropped food wrapped in propaganda.
muert wrote:
draino123 Ugg, of course you think that.  Everything you know about us is rebel propaganda.
muert wrote:
As a storm trooper, I have no problems with these traitors gathering in large numbers.  It is what we like to call a "target rich environment."
muert wrote:
I support pastafarians wearing their colanders.  I support her wearing this hat. I hold the pastafarians in slightly higher regard.

muert wrote:
stifler Kite surfing, you don't need to be able to lift yourself, the center string can lift you on it's own.  The impressive part is keeping control of the kite while you are spinning wildly, so you down dive face first into the ground.

Red balls are held up by strings.
muert wrote:
irk That is when it is the most Zen.  Sometimes life gives you snow banks to hurdle.  Sometimes you hit one.  Keep going if you want to clear the next one.
muert wrote:
The mom jeans company just released clear jeans.  I think someone there accidentally ordered way too much clear PVC and is just trying to get rid of it.
muert wrote:
The problem I have with the "everyone carry a gun to solve crime" solution is this:

How does a cop tell the difference between the "asshole shooting at random people and now engaged in a gun fight with a hero" and the "hero engaged in a gunfight with an asshole"? or worse "the other hero with a gun that is now shooting at the first hero because he came late and thinks the first hero is the asshole."

If you are shooting in public, and not wearing a police uniform, you are making a confusing situation even worse.
muert wrote:
This was weirdly quiet. The first I heard of it was my sister (who lives there) posting that she and her family where out of town and ok on facebook. Then I had to google Fresno to find out what she was talking about.
muert wrote:
irk That one is a little too stimulating for my taste.  I had to mute it to keep myself from being distracted by the sounds of cars and birds from that good quality grass growing.
muert wrote:
I would much rather he be an Atheist then his religion.  When your faith claims that being wealthy is a sign that god loves you, and conversely  being poor is a sign that you are a sinner, it does not bode well for the poor that you are dealing with.
muert wrote:
That is one dull video. 
muert wrote:
monkwarrior Speaking the truth is easy.  Being accused (repeatedly) of being a liar when you consider yourself honest?  That is how blood feuds start.

I have friends that (rightly) were going to quit going to a restaurant because one of the managers accused them of lying about their takeout order missing an order of wings.

Accusing an astronaut of lying about going to the moon is several orders of magnitude larger, and his response is that of an honest man pushed to far.
muert wrote:
AgamemnonTheGreat click the little down arrow to the right of your name on the top left corner of the page.  Click "your profile".  Click the edit button above and to the right of the oversized avatar and your name.  Change /Everything/ in all the fields to complete lies.  Change your passwords to an random string of numbers and letters, and don't write it down.  Don't let your browser remember your password.   Congrats, the only thing that is potentially related to any of your other accounts is the user name.  And if you are anything like me, there are many, many other people out there using similar names.