DromEd

Registered bored user

dromed wrote:
holygod says the guy getting his social commentary from a late night comedy show.  Anybody who knows anything about guns could have put together the same piece in 20 minutes.  It was just easier to link to a vid than to write it all out here.  Kimmel knows fuck all about what he's talking about and millions listen like he's some kind of expert because he has a platform and "he just cares so much".  Caring about an issue doesn't automatically make you an expert on it.
dromed wrote:
dromed wrote:
markust123 Ok please cite at least a dozen recent examples of conservatives at any college trying to stifle the free speech of fellow students or a guest speaker.  I'm searching youtube right now for just one example and if I find it, I will post it right here.    EDIT...searched for 20 minutes...nada.
dromed wrote:
There's certainly an element of humor in watching a snowflake have a meltdown but damn this amount of stupidity doesn't speak well to the future.  You go to school, get a useless degree and after four years you're dumber than you started and 100k in student loan debt to a government you say you hate.  I suggest a good look in the mirror if you want to know why your life is so fucked.  
dromed wrote:
Genocide?  Fuck your laws!  You stole our land!  I love that last one.  Says she's American but it's not her ancestors who stole the land it must be his ancestors because to her he looks white enough.  And kudos (cough) to the rest of the college staff for trying to create a "safe space" for the discussion about whether or not stealing is wrong.  I hope she at least got cuffed, booked and put in holding for a night.  Send a message to these coddled little twats.  
dromed wrote:
OK...but how the heck do you post a pic here?  
Edit...

Didn't work.
dromed wrote:
holygod Most people become rich because they please people with their efforts.  Do you go back to the contractor who does shoddy work?  Or do you tell everybody to steer clear of him?  Whatever dude...stay envious and angry of successful people who "fuck people over"  And for those who don't create anything and "just inherit"  What gives you the right to covet their dough...what gives you the right to want it taken from them?  Your moral outrage over a 100K wedding cake smacks of sour grapes.  I seem to remember you telling me you lived in a 300K+ house.  Mine cost 92K+...should I tell you to move?  Should I tell you to give 200K to "the poor" to even the scale?  I would not dream of doing that you greedy rich fuck.  
dromed wrote:
Accountability.  It's not just for breakfast any more.  Now if we could weed out the other 10,000+ bureaucrats doing this same kind of shit....
dromed wrote:
normalfreak2 Wealthy people pay sales tax and city/county/property tax too so I'm not sure where you're going with that line of thinking.  Now look...I'd like to see everybody's taxes go down.  But the only way that's going to happen is to shrink government.  But as soon as you mention that it's a chorus of  "But my benefits!!!"  Can't have it both ways.  So my advice is to get on a written plan and make the money you do have work harder.  Yeah the government is an impediment to financial success but less of an impediment than the average American's financial plan...because the average American doesn't have a financial plan.   Oh they got a 600 dollar phone with a 100 dollar a month bill and a 500 dollar car payment and a 30 year mortgage and a 100 dollar hair cut drinking 5 dollar Starbucks ordering lunch out five days a week.  But they don't have a few grand in the bank in case of an emergency.  They'll put the emergency on the credit card that they don't pay off each month.  They can name the last reality show winner and who got thrown off the island but they can't take 15 minutes each month to sit down with their spouse and make a budget/plan.  I'm as middle class as they come brother but you know what?  I've had a plan for the last 25 years and I've worked it and I'm not going to apologize for having accumulated some wealth because I didn't do anything that most Americans couldn't do themselves.
dromed wrote:
bliznik I understand perfectly.  I don't even have a problem with it.  What I don't understand is how 60% of the population being on the hook for 3% of the bill is screwing them?
dromed wrote:
jayme21 That money has already been taxed "to death."  Just the government taking one more fucking bite at the apple.  The rest of your argument is pure class envy.  The moral argument is that what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours.  Tax people enough and there's no incentive to earn more, create more, do more...because it all just goes to somebody else.  Your Worker A gained a nice benefit that Worker B did not.  So A had money left over.  So what did he do with it in your example?  He invested it back into the economy.  He took a risk and loaned it to somebody who took it and grew a business.  The business thanked him by giving him green certificates of appreciation.  That's the moral argument for A having more than B.  A did something for society that B did not.  All money is certificates of appreciation.  The more people you please with your labor and with how you handle/invest your money the more certs you get back in return.    
dromed wrote:
Actually that BC Rich is not really a cheap guitar.  He scored a good pawn shop or e-bay deal.  Cherrystone...never heard of 'em either.  Musil I had never heard of either but some digging seems a small German maker selling on e-bay.  I've played semi-pro for over 25 years.  When I was a kid cheap guitars really were crap...terrible pick-ups...tuners that would slip...frets nothing close to level...knobs that would last a year.  But since 2000 finding a decent player for 200-300 bucks (new) has not been difficult.  Computers and CNC machines are everywhere and can crank out precise wooden parts.  So as long as some care is taken to use proper wood that has been milled a dried correctly you get a nice stable neck and body.  So yeah...shop used with 3-5 bills and you can score a really nice player you could take on any stage.  One thing about this vid though.  When you slather on that much distortion and crunch and crank out power chord metal the subtleties of sound go right out the window.  A demo of the three played with a nice clean tone with more complex chords would reveal a lot more.       
dromed wrote:
normalfreak2 American was created for people to have personal freedom.  It had fuck all to do with preventing generational wealth.  Again I ask..what moral reason do you have to take money that's already been earned and taxed?  And you people act like rich people just sit on wealth like 'ol Smaug in the Hobbit.  Rich people invest money, they create businesses, they (gasp) even spend a shit load of it.  And lots of them give lots of it away.  Wealth isn't a zero sum game.  A billionaires wealth  does not prevent anybody from earning what they can.  80% of millionaires in this country earned and invested their way into wealth.  It didn't come from mommy and daddy, it came from hard work, frugality, discipline and making smart choices.
dromed wrote:
For years now the top 1% pay 50% of all federal income tax.  The top 20% pay 84%.  The top 40% pay 97% of federal income tax.  To be in the top 40% you need make only $79,500 a year.  So tell me again how the middle class and the poor are getting screwed come tax time?  And to add another point.  What moral argument can you possibly make for the estate tax?  What gives you the right to that money?  
dromed wrote:
pleasestop Honoring the symbol of our nation and the sacrifices of those who died to protect it...yeah...that sure is a demented view on being respectful.  Just because you can parade around with a burning flag doesn't mean you don't look like a total douche bag doing so.  Go crawl back under your rock.
dromed wrote:
daegog Why ask the question?  Links please.  But yes,  if there systemic racism please point it out.  I'll speak out against any form of racism systemic or otherwise.  But taking a knee for the national anthem won't solve anything.
dromed wrote:
One more point.  You would think professional football players would understand this better than anybody but here goes.  Just like the (just for example) 49'ers we as Americans are a team.  We don't always have to agree and we don't always have to like each other.  But we do have to pull the rope in the same direction.  Right now say it's 3rd down with 6 yards to go.   The RB gets the ball, breaks past the line of scrimmage but the defense's CB sensing a run is closing fast to stop him a yard short.  Now there's only one man in position on offense to put a block on the CB and spring the RB to convert.  Trouble is, he hates the RB with a passion....thinks he's a rotten fellow for whatever reason.  But if he lets that get in the way the whole team will suffer and the drive will most likely fail.  So he puts his feelings aside and lays a block on the CB.  First down and the drive continues!  
dromed wrote:
squrlz4ever Both and more.  The amount of over reaction to Trump's election has been staggering.  The press, academia, Hollywood and now pro sports divas...all in full bitch and whinge mode and it won't accomplish a damn thing except to serve to divide the country further.  Not one thing good comes from showing disrespect to the nation.  Sure we have problems but systemic racism isn't one of them.  Trump called out these sport divas and though I sure wish he'd keep his flap shut more often than not, in this instance he's correct.  
dromed wrote:
Can't separate the message from the messenger.  I'll say it again.  Keep up this kind of crap up and you'll punch Trump's ticket for the 8 year ride.  Such disrespect for the office of the President and the symbol of our nation says nothing about the President or the flag.  But it does speak volumes in other ways.  
dromed wrote:
Somebody needs to stay after school and write "I will not hoist my bull shit opinions on a bunch of 10 year old kids in class" a thousand times on the black board.
dromed wrote:
To the left...want 8 years of Trump?  Just keep supporting this kind of nonsense.
dromed wrote:
Why is it so hard to use the proper device/addy etc.?  It's not like they have anything to hide right?  Oh wait...never mind. 
dromed wrote:
holygod Says the god fearing atheist who gets his info from a late night comedy show host.  
dromed wrote:
Shit happens.  Now move along you lookie loos.  And no, MLB doesn't need more nets or safety gear.
dromed wrote:
The only disgusting animal I saw was you honey.  The sign out front even states "service dogs welcome."