DuckBoy87

Registered bored user

DuckBoy87 wrote:
Used to watch this show all the time. I love it!
DuckBoy87 wrote:
monkwarrior If it's so easy; we're waiting then...

Also, recursively doing it would be far, far, far more efficient.
DuckBoy87 wrote:
See! They demonstrate that gravity is flat, therefore the Earth is flat!
DuckBoy87 wrote:
punko Nope. It's as real as Star Wars Christmas Special, lol
DuckBoy87 wrote:
squrlz4ever Thanks! No, my group isn't featured in any of the photos. However, in the second photo, you see a road. On the left is the activities tent, where the bomb was found. On the right, you can see just a tad bit of blue. Those are portapotties, and my camp was right after them, coming down the road.
DuckBoy87 wrote:
thezigrat Unfortunately, bomb dogs would be all but useless. Everything is covered in black powder; false positives would be everywhere.
DuckBoy87 wrote:
Excellent formatting, fancylad! Thanks
DuckBoy87 wrote:
holygod It's more about education rather than glorification.
I'm from PA, my group is from PA, and 90% of our renactments are held in PA. We do, on average 2 events a month.

5Cats and holygod, a bomb threat was in fact called in, and a live pipe bomb found. All is well currently thoigh
DuckBoy87 wrote:
5cats There actually was a threat of violence to the participants. Apparently they upped security, including having the FBI hanging around.

They forget, while we don't use live ammo, they are still real guns.
DuckBoy87 wrote:
Funny this is posted today; I'm heading to participate in a reenactment this weekend in VA
DuckBoy87 wrote:
5cats The way our lottos do it is they offer the a lump sum, or the annuity. The thing is that the annuity is based on the lotto investing the lump sum. The lotto, technically, made profit off of his winnings, so why shouldn't he get that money?

As punko said, the lottos are privatized, but are subjected to the gambling laws of per state. So if a state legalizes gambling, they have a state appointed commissioner to ensure the lotto is regulated properly.

Lotto winnings are treated as income, so they are taxed as such.
DuckBoy87 wrote:
piperfawn To be fair, this is the first tragedy that most Americans today have personally went through. It certainly is for me. I'm sure that if technology was the same as today when JFK was shot, we'd have the same reaction.

Now I'm not saying you're wrong, rather just a bit of sight from the inside.
DuckBoy87 wrote:
woodyville06 I've installed a dashcam in my car just for this. Protection from idiots.
DuckBoy87 wrote:
I always see people rush ahead of me just to get on the off ramp, crossing two lanes, even though I'm going above the speed limit and there is no traffic behind me. Then they basically force me to hit my brakes, or change lanes all because they're too impatient to get behind someone. 

I assume something like that happened here. The truck was chugging along and that lady didn't want to be behind it. She paid for it though...
DuckBoy87 wrote:
Yeah, my buddy dragged me to a McDonald's about 40 minutes away to see if they had any sauce. They didn't. We didn't bitch about it, though. We just went and bought nerd stuff at a local shop, then had Chinese food, where, he had Szechuan shrimp.
DuckBoy87 wrote:
woodyville06 Yeah, I worked at Dollar General for some time, and if the scanners didn't work for returns, we'd have to punch in numbers manually. I would be able to type the 30 digit code in about 5 seconds flawlessly without looking at the keypad. Anyone I'd ever train, and most customers would look at me and just say "wow".
DuckBoy87 wrote:
Not that amazing, really.

Just like a a keyboard, there is a home row, top row, and bottom row. It quite literally is typing, but with numbers. We don't marvel over fast typists. But, it does take a lot of practice to get good. Just like everything else in this world.
DuckBoy87 wrote:
thezigrat Yeah! I agree! I am beyond insulted that none of these kids are DuckBoys!!!!
DuckBoy87 wrote:
woodyville06 Indeed. I was talking with my boss about this a month or so ago. Apparently, he wanted to start with the luxury models and once the bugs were worked out, start producing "family" editions. Somewhere starting in the low to mid 30,000's. So as long as hype remains, I can foresee it happening. 
DuckBoy87 wrote:
woodyville06 Was unaware of the Fiat-Chrylser merger.
However, Tesla is American, so there still are 3 American car companies.
DuckBoy87 wrote:
Gerry1of1 Or don't play the game.

But still shut up
DuckBoy87 wrote:
punko Short version, government supports consolidation of companies because that's more money lining the politician's pockets.
Corporations support consolidation because that's less effort to actually give a decent product.
Consumers should hate consolidation because they get less bang for their buck.

He makes a point that not all consolidation is bad, but when the huge consume other huge, it's bad for the bottom.
DuckBoy87 wrote:
woodyville06 Three. GM, Ford, and Chrysler.

Funny story, my at the time girlfriend drove a Jeep Cherokee. My mother had always drove a Dodge something or other. (Both owned by Chrysler)

My gf's headlight went out, so we went to WalMart to quickly get a replacement. She called her father to ask which one to buy. He told her the to get lightbulb X.

Having replaced many headlights on my mother's vehicles, went to the aisle and pulled off the bulb I figured she needed. She said that that was wrong the wrong one. I gave a puzzled look, and asked if she was sure and that most Chrysler's used the one I was holding.

She returned the puzzled look and said, I don't have a Chrysler, I have a Jeep.
I replied, Yes, who is owned by Chrysler. She had no idea.
By the way, it turned out that I was correct, and that she needed the bulb that I picked up. lol
DuckBoy87 wrote:
7eggert Did we forget about Fahrenheit?

For air temperature:
0 in Celcius is mildly cold. 100 in Celcius is death.
0 in Fahrenheit is dangerously cold, but survivable. Seek shelter.
100 in Fahrenheit is dangerously hot, but survivable. seek shelter.
DuckBoy87 wrote:
kalron27 Heh, we're similar in a way. My bachelor's in CS got me nothing, so I went into IT. I now work for a company that doesn't care about certs and degrees. In fact, most don't have any certs or degrees that relate to IT (though most have -something-).

I would argue having something does help get foots in doors.