I Am Bored

Loads of viral videos, games, memes, lists and social networking for when you're bored. Updated every day, so visit often.
LatestPopularMost BookmarkedMost EmailedTop RatedMy FavoritesRandomChat
AllGamesFunnyEntertainmentQuizzesWeirdTechLifestyle, Arts & Lit.News & PoliticsScienceSportsMisc
Submit Content  





rss

friendsmore friends | add your site
Funny Videos

Gorilla Mask

Extreme Humor

Funny Stuff

Viva La Games

Oddee

Anon email

Asylum

Free Samples

Funny Games

Crazy Games

Pugorama

I hate retail

Chaostrophic

Urlesque

Insane Pictures

123 Games

Goofy Humor

Friday Fun

Hot Games

Funny Picture

Shi**y Stories

FreeGame Heaven

Gamers Hood

Funny stuff

Funny Junk



Back to Listing

Another Typical Florida Poll Stat [Pic]

Hits: 44135 | Rating: (3.2) | Category: Funny | Added by: fancylad
Page: 1 2 3 Next >   Jump to: Bottom    Last Post
cynic04
Male, 18-29, Southern US
 87 Posts
Wednesday, December 07, 2011 8:27:53 AM
Love the disclaimer on the bottom... +/- 4%

Linkenberger
Male, 18-29, Canada
 1166 Posts
Sunday, September 05, 2010 12:34:50 PM
Florida: We're right 46% of the time, 100% of the time.

TheTrees
Male, 13-17, Eastern US
 259 Posts
Saturday, September 04, 2010 9:48:55 PM
...46%?

bomb_tom
Male, 18-29, Canada
 521 Posts
Saturday, September 04, 2010 12:03:12 AM
this is typical of any news station that drowns viewers with american-flag graphics

chinesemath
Female, 18-29, Western US
 131 Posts
Friday, September 03, 2010 10:34:30 PM
the florida strikes again

entwife
Female, 18-29, Western US
 537 Posts
Friday, September 03, 2010 1:18:35 PM
thecranberry, is that always your response when you can't understand something?

thecranberry
Male, 18-29, Eastern US
 728 Posts
Friday, September 03, 2010 12:46:43 PM
...and then, suddenly, entwife started her period.

entwife
Female, 18-29, Western US
 537 Posts
Friday, September 03, 2010 12:32:37 PM
*Understanding of statistcs and mathematical charts and graphs FAIL

entwife
Female, 18-29, Western US
 537 Posts
Friday, September 03, 2010 12:32:04 PM
no no NO

The pie chart is still incorrect. If you do use percentages in a pie chart, they should add up to 100%. The pie chart is representing 100% of this guy's supporters, not 100% of the total voters for all candidates. So out of all the people that support this guy, x% are independents, y% are republican, and z% are democrat, which should all add up to 100%. A pie chart for all voters for all candiates would show that this one candidate got 46% of the vote, and other candidats got the other 54%.

What they probably did is take the percentages from the entire pool of voters and mashed them together in a pie chart. What the data actually said was probably that 27% of ALL independents were voting for this guy and 8% of ALL democrats, and so on.

For this to work, they should have just used numbers instead of percentages. That would probably have been a better representation of the actual data.

Understanding of statistics and mathematical charts and

trippyhippy9
Male, 18-29, Eastern US
 562 Posts
Friday, September 03, 2010 4:21:33 AM
The pie chart adds up to the 46%. The other 54% is most likely in a different pie chart, for 1 or possibly 2 other candidates.

Basically, this guy is getting 46% of the vote.

sulfox
Male, 13-17, Europe
 15 Posts
Friday, September 03, 2010 4:16:24 AM
You people know nothing.

You are getting the 'data' percentages with the pie chart percentages.

If I were to replace those percentages with numbers of people, you wouldn't have a problem. What is so different about percentages?

Baalthazaq
Male, 18-29, Asia
 4753 Posts
Friday, September 03, 2010 4:05:38 AM
Look. Go into excel.

Put in 4 numbers. (27%, 8%, 11%, 54%)
Make a pie chart out of 3 of them. It has no problem. This is intentional. This is correct.

Baalthazaq
Male, 18-29, Asia
 4753 Posts
Friday, September 03, 2010 4:02:42 AM
Sigh.

A pie chart takes numbers, and makes a total, that is out of a percentage.

Those numbers can be dollars. The dollars don't need to add up to 100 to make a proper pie chart.

Those numbers can be people. The people don't need to add up to 100 to make a proper pie chart.

those numbers can be percentages. The percentages don't need to add up to 100 to make a proper pie chart.

54% of people in Florida, didn't support Chiles. Therefore they're not on the chart. This is perfectly acceptable.

Just like not all the money in the world needs to be in a pie chart about money. Not all the people in the world need to be in a pie chart about demographics.

Not all the people in Florida need to be in every pie chart about Florida. Even if they're being represented as a percentage of a larger total than the scope of the pie chart.

MikeyNiv
Male, 18-29, Europe
 701 Posts
Friday, September 03, 2010 2:41:40 AM
>I don't see any problem with this at all.
46% of Florida supports Chile.
WTF IAB?

shouldnt make up a whole pie chart though

paddyt07
Male, 18-29, Europe
 1064 Posts
Friday, September 03, 2010 12:28:04 AM
Would have been a little more sensible to have the other pie charts there so the numbers add up.

Link_Hiei
Male, 18-29, Eastern US
 5190 Posts
Friday, September 03, 2010 12:08:50 AM
Uhhhh.

GuardinGnome
Male, 18-29, Eastern US
 2900 Posts
Thursday, September 02, 2010 10:43:03 PM
I don't see any problem with this at all.
46% of Florida supports Chile.
WTF IAB?

Gleeballs
Female, 18-29, Southern US
 856 Posts
Thursday, September 02, 2010 10:07:45 PM
it was probably just breaking down a percentage's percentage. like out of the population of florida voters, the percentage of chiles voters were either those 3 parties.

TR-Wolf
Male, 18-29, Europe
 1565 Posts
Thursday, September 02, 2010 9:44:42 PM
@Baalthazaq : It's saying those are percentages of Chile's supporters, therefore that should still be 100% in total, as it'd be all of the supporters.

aprilkayyy
Female, 18-29, Eastern US
 33 Posts
Thursday, September 02, 2010 9:02:52 PM
@Baalthazaq-
They're not voting on supporting Chile (as in the country). It's a poll determining which parties (and percents) are voting for Bud Chiles, who was the Independent bid for the Florida gubernatorial race. So, for everyone making fun of Florida's "indecisiveness" - it actually makes sense for Independents (as in the party) to be voting for an Independent candidate. Bud Chiles has since dropped out of the race, though.

Baalthazaq
Male, 18-29, Asia
 4753 Posts
Thursday, September 02, 2010 8:55:05 PM
So, 46% of Florida support Chile.

What exactly is the problem here?

adlinbaby
Female, 18-29, Eastern US
 404 Posts
Thursday, September 02, 2010 8:53:40 PM
Apparently only the people that waste their times voting are idiots.

aprilkayyy
Female, 18-29, Eastern US
 33 Posts
Thursday, September 02, 2010 8:41:57 PM
@Xerasia Actually, this is Central Florida Channel 13 news. It has no affiliations with FOX... actually, it's affiliated with CNN. It runs exclusively on Bright House networks... which if I recall does not run in Tampa. You're thinking of Tampa's myfox channel 13. Different logos, different companies.

betardfooser
Male, 30-39, Eastern US
 562 Posts
Thursday, September 02, 2010 8:39:43 PM
@ connor53: there's no *think* about it! Florida *is* retarded! This is proven fact, no debate...

Septemberex
Female, 13-17, Southern US
 653 Posts
Thursday, September 02, 2010 8:39:06 PM
Poor Florida. Everyplace has their backwaters.

Page: 1 2 3 Next > 

You Must be Signed in to Add a Comment

If you've already got an I-Am-Bored.com account,
click here to sign in.

If you don't have an account yet,
Click Here to Create a Free Account
 

Back to Listing ^top


Bored | Suggest a Link | Advertise | Contact I Am Bored | About I Am Bored | Link to I Am Bored | Live Submission | Privacy | TOS | Ad Choices | Copyright Policy |
© 2014 Demand Media, Inc. All rights reserved.