I Am Bored

Loads of viral videos, games, memes, lists and social networking for when you're bored. Updated every day, so visit often.
Latest Popular Most Bookmarked Most Emailed Top Rated My Favorites Random Chat
All Games Funny Entertainment Quizzes Weird Tech Lifestyle, Arts & Lit. News & Politics Science Sports Misc
T-Shirts   Submit Content  

Guns Vs Obamacare [Pic]

submitted by: caper454
< Back Next >
Guns Vs Obamacare [Pic]. At least Americans still have their priorities straight
+ Add to Favs
View/Add
Hits: 4957 | Favorites: 0 | Emailed: 0 | Rating: 2.3 | Category: News & Politics | Date: 02/21/2014
 
 popular today
Gotta Get The Girls Situated [Gif] I could watch this all day.
This Costume Makes Me Dizzy [Pic] This hurts my eyes. I mean I literally can`t look at this without physical discomfort.
It Was Bound To Happen [Pic] Should`ve seen it coming.
22 Of The Most Obvious Things Ever Seen [Pix] I suddenly have the strong urge to say, ``No sh*t Sherlock`` and slap people.
Someone Nabbed A Val Kilmer Upskirt Pic [Pic] Ever think you would see Batman in panties?
More Comments >

ryanwi
Male, 30-39, Midwest US
 73 Posts
Sunday, February 23, 2014 3:53:11 PM
@piratefish: You are half right. The US was a contributor to the war in Europe. The second front, however, was meaningless for Germany. The Germans were on the rope well before the second front was ever opened. The high water mark of German success was Stalingrad. Once the German 6th Army was surrounded on 23 November 1942 Nazi victory became impossible. D-day didn't happen until June of 1944.

The largest contribution the US made to the war in Europe was to supply trucks to the Soviets so they could concentrate on building armor. The Soviets faced 90% of the German military on their own. All the other Allies combined faced the other 10%. Germany never transferred fresh troops from the east to the west. When eastern front units were moved west it was because they were already decimated.

The biggest difference the western front made was in the post war world where it provided the border for the fall of the iron curtain.

piratefish
Male, 40-49, Midwest US
 668 Posts
Saturday, February 22, 2014 6:02:51 PM
"Ahaha! The old "we have saved your asses twice"-argument. That's getting old. Very untrue also. The Allied Forces were more than just the USA."

Calling it old doesn`t make it any less valid or relevant.

And it is a pretty much undisputed historical fact that the US involvement in WW2 was the decisive factor in Allied victory. The UK was literally on its knees, and without the US opening a second front for Germany, the Soviets would have been in very serious trouble.

Ask any historian, especially a military historian, and they will tell you unequivocally that the US was the deciding factor in WW2. Without us, Europe would be German right now; like it or not.

Zuriel
Male, 30-39, Midwest US
 555 Posts
Saturday, February 22, 2014 6:48:47 AM
registering my guns.. lololol

I do think this "fact" is because Connecticut forced it's population to register it`s guns.

Neoptolemos
Male, 30-39, Europe
 570 Posts
Saturday, February 22, 2014 2:34:17 AM
@piratefish: "But then again, we're not perfect like Europeans are (never mind the fact we had to save you from yourselves twice in the last century, you smug bastard)."

Ahaha! The old "we have saved your asses twice"-argument. That`s getting old. Very untrue also. The Allied Forces were more than just the USA.

Let`s hear it for Doug Stanhope

Cajun247
Male, 18-29, Southern US
 10287 Posts
Saturday, February 22, 2014 1:52:54 AM
One thing's for sure, they`re gonna need BIGGER GUNS!

More Comments >
 


Bored | Suggest a Link | Contact I Am Bored | About I Am Bored | Link to I Am Bored | Live Submission | Privacy | TOS | Ad Choices | Copyright Policy |
© 2014 Demand Media, Inc. All rights reserved.