I Am Bored

Loads of viral videos, games, memes, lists and social networking for when you're bored. Updated every day, so visit often.
Latest Popular Most Bookmarked Most Emailed Top Rated My Favorites Random Chat
All Games Funny Entertainment Quizzes Weird Tech Lifestyle, Arts & Lit. News & Politics Science Sports Misc
T-Shirts   Submit Content  

Paid Maternity Leave [Pic]

submitted by: Crabes
< Back Next >
Paid Maternity Leave [Pic]. Where is the best place for new mothers?
+ Add to Favs
View/Add
Hits: 11461 | Favorites: 1 | Emailed: 0 | Rating: 2.6 | Category: Lifestyle | Date: 06/02/2012
 
 popular today
9 Old School Moves To Get You The Girl [Pix] This is old school, and chicks dig old school... right? Do you have any moves that guaranteed you got the girl?
20 Years Of Steroids - A Female Body Builder [Pix] Denise Rutkowski boosted her career with the twenty years of steroid use, now he is paying for it.
Just Go Ahead And Admit It [Pic] Personally, I would do both. Don`t doubt me.
Polish Pimps Tattoo Prostitutes As Property [Pix] The girls told police they had willingly worked and volunteered to have the tattoo as a `sign of loyalty`.
Porn Star Goes On Sex Tour Of Britain [Pic] Rebecca More plans to have sex with 20 competition winners in the back of a lorry all across Britain.
More Comments >

sssfdg
Male, 18-29, Canada
 190 Posts
Friday, June 15, 2012 1:02:40 PM
First off the government doesn't pay for all of it.... It is usually a 60/40 split between the employer and the government.

Second they do it to prompt a health society. When a family is poor and needs two incomes how can they raise a child... properly. Improperly raise children lead to more crime, higher divorce rates, more poverty, higher rates of depression, more obesity, and less education.

So yes.. more paid maternity leave works well. That`s why all those countries with the longest maternity leaves have constantly been ranked by the UN as being the best places to live.

highonhuffin
Male, 40-49, Western US
 180 Posts
Monday, June 4, 2012 8:52:19 AM
Hilarious how Americans are constantly trying to support their pooty lifestyles.

OutWest
Male, 50-59, Western US
 548 Posts
Sunday, June 3, 2012 2:38:59 PM
... and why should any government pay for time off for having a child?

MeGrendel
Male, 40-49, Southern US
 4636 Posts
Sunday, June 3, 2012 8:36:22 AM
Crabes-" shes creating a new TAXPAYER"

Or a new Welfare Recipient.

Crabes-"baby is not really a personal decision"

It's not? I must have missed the law that was passed that the Government would instruct you to generate a new `taxpayer`.

nubblins-"What`s so wrong with using tax dollars to INVEST in our future (aka children)??"

Having a child is a PERSONAL choice.

HolyGod-"Actually, It takes from everyone to give to everyone."

Damn, are you out of the loop. 47% of Americans pay no income taxes. Thus the other 53% are paying for the services for 47% who are not.

Hexen
Male, 18-29, Southern US
 7 Posts
Sunday, June 3, 2012 6:55:20 AM
If no payed maternity leave discourages even a few women from having babies, the US has done the world a huge favor.

More Comments >
 


Bored | Suggest a Link | Contact I Am Bored | About I Am Bored | Link to I Am Bored | Live Submission | Privacy | TOS | Ad Choices | Copyright Policy |
© 2014 Demand Media, Inc. All rights reserved.