I Am Bored

Loads of viral videos, games, memes, lists and social networking for when you're bored. Updated every day, so visit often.
Latest Popular Most Bookmarked Most Emailed Top Rated My Favorites Random Chat
All Games Funny Entertainment Quizzes Weird Tech Lifestyle, Arts & Lit. News & Politics Science Sports Misc
T-Shirts   Submit Content  

Do You Think You`re Vegan? [Pic]

submitted by: fancylad
< Back Next >
Do You Think You`re Vegan? [Pic]. According to this chart, you`re not.
+ Add to Favs
View/Add
Hits: 57332 | Favorites: 43 | Emailed: 19 | Rating: 3.2 | Category: Science | Date: 10/21/2010
 
 popular today
Insta-Karma Smackdown [Pic] Too important to sit in traffic in your new Jaguar? I think not!
In America, We Make Freedom Angels! [Pic] That is a man of higher caliber.
15 Maps That Tell A Tale [Pic] From coffee consumption to population, these maps will help you see the big picture.
30 More Crazy Cluster O` WTF*ck Photos [Pic] I`m not totally crazy, my reality is just slightly skewed... Some are NSFL as you would expect.
The Dumbest Or Smartest Way To Tie A Tie [Gif] It looks so easy, how come I`ve never seen this method before?
More Comments >

Zymotical
Male, 18-29, Western US
 199 Posts
Thursday, July 7, 2011 11:01:49 PM
And the reason that listed products use waste materials from slaughterhouse cattle?

Let us assume that 60% of the cow is meat, (its actually much less) that leaves another 40% of the cow not suitable for human consumption that we have to do something with. Total U.S. beef production in 2007 was 26.4 billion pounds of beef. Using these numbers we are left with 10.56 BILLION POUNDS of waste, with a B. Companies either have to pay for waste products to be disposed of or find some willing to buy it. Industries that want to make money just don't let 10.56 billion pounds of goods go to waste.

Remove industrial meat farming from the picture and watch those products start using a slightly harder to obtain and therefore pricier ingredient or have to go through a more complicated process to be made.

08031993
Female, 13-17, Europe
 36 Posts
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 11:03:08 AM
I wish I was vegetarian.

TIMESWORDSMN
Male, 13-17, Western US
 304 Posts
Monday, October 25, 2010 2:19:29 PM
Cows, Most useful animal ever?

adia1228
Female, 30-39, Western US
 83 Posts
Saturday, October 23, 2010 8:24:28 PM
Well, at least we use all of the cow...=(

Angilion
Male, 40-49, Europe
 10538 Posts
Saturday, October 23, 2010 6:29:28 PM
"let the vegans live their lifestyle- its healthier"

LOLOLOLOL



It can be, if the following things are true:

i) You live in an area where a wide variety of plant food is available.

ii) You spend the time needed to learn what nutrients you need, what plants have them and in what quantities, and you learn from a proper source. There's some total BS online from some over-zealous vegan advocates.

iii) You pay careful attention to your diet, using (i) and (ii).

iv) You can afford to do so.

v) You supplement with adequate levels of B12. You WILL have to supplement or eat animal dung (and the right kind of animal dung, too). There are NO plant sources of B12 that humans can use. B12 deficiency will gradually ruin you. It`s slow, nasty and in some cases irreversible.

Having said that, if you`re equally careful with an omnivorous diet that would be a lot healthier too.

More Comments >
 


Bored | Suggest a Link | Contact I Am Bored | About I Am Bored | Link to I Am Bored | Live Submission | Privacy | TOS | Ad Choices | Copyright Policy |
© 2014 Demand Media, Inc. All rights reserved.