Friday, November 23, 2007 4:25:37 PM
oh and for the last time, it doesnt mess your usb port up, you just have to take the little pieces of onion out and then dry it off, i plugged the usb into my computer to see if it would still work and it did.
Friday, November 23, 2007 4:23:22 PM
i cant believe people are still arguing over this i tried it already and it didnt work, besides elcotrolytes dont have anything to do with powering an ipod there all an electrolyte is, is a fancy word to say sodium and potassium.
Saturday, November 17, 2007 10:29:57 PM
"in order to generate electrity you need two different metals with different electron levels"
Well, actually, you've got those in your USB cable: shielding of USB connector`s casing is made of metal other than one used for pins. So I`m not surprised to see some guys managed to make this work.
"Recharging these batteries is extremely complicated, it takes several advanced microprocessors to manage the voltages and currents involved and if you do it wrong they can explode."
Yes, this is the case, but it`s not that terrible, indeed. Those advanced microprocessors are included inside your battery pack. Furthermore, there are power correcting circuits inside your iPod or other device. Still this doesn`t mean that there is no risk to damage or even explode your battery pack or device when using inappropriate power source. But this risk is really not that much.