- Take a firearm class and pass a written exam, which is held up to twelve times a year.
- Get a doctor’s note saying you are mentally fit and do not have a history of drug abuse.
- Pass a review of your criminal history, involvement with organized crime groups, and relationships with friends, family and neighbors.
- Take a one-day training class and pass a firing test.
- Buy a gun safe and an ammunition locker that meet safety regulations.
- Buy a gun.
If you need a gun RIGHT NOW isn't that a good indication that you shouldn't have a gun?
Source: New York Times