People around the world are having sex. Right now. These maps and charts tell you how they”re doing it.
The data comes from two surveys done by Durex, the condom folks. Their Sexual Wellbeing Survey (from 2007/2008) and Face of Global Sex (2012) are methodologically rigorous. A polling firm, Harris Interactive, set up large sample size online polls designed to capture a representative sample of heterosexual sex-havers from a number of countries around the world.
Here”s a few points that stand out:
1. People have more exciting sex in Nigeria and Mexico
2. People in Japan are really unhappy with their sex lives
3. The orgasm gap between genders varies by country
4. Turkey has an alarmingly high STI rate
5. People in Asia tend to be pretty old when they lose their virginity, by global standards
6. The French and Indians have short sex, while Nigerians and Greeks take their time
So how does your country rank?
Where people have the best sex, the worst sex, and the most STIs. The who, what, where, and why people get it on.