The best in arts & entertainment, news, pop culture, and your mom since 2002.

[Total: 10    Average: 2/5]
17 Comments - View/Add
Hits: 11550
Rating: 2
Date: 08/18/12 09:30 AM

17 Responses to Smart Cars Seem Really Smart… [Pic]

  1. Profile photo of fancylad
    fancylad Male 30-39
    18940 posts
    August 18, 2012 at 8:59 am
    Link: Smart Cars Seem Really Smart... - Until you have to do normal everyday tasks like go shopping.
  2. Profile photo of markust123
    markust123 Male 40-49
    3926 posts
    August 18, 2012 at 9:47 am
    Just because the car is smart doesn`t mean the owner is.
  3. Profile photo of Draculya
    Draculya Male 40-49
    14653 posts
    August 18, 2012 at 10:04 am
    So tempted to shunt that.
  4. Profile photo of jbwhyte
    jbwhyte Male 18-29
    26 posts
    August 18, 2012 at 11:23 am
    a trailer is what, 15 bucks to rent from uhaul?
  5. Profile photo of onoffonoffon
    onoffonoffon Male 30-39
    2382 posts
    August 18, 2012 at 12:48 pm
    There are people this stupid. I worked at a warehouse store for a while.
  6. Profile photo of CapnKrawalla
    CapnKrawalla Male 30-39
    8 posts
    August 18, 2012 at 1:16 pm
    Hey: you haven`t tried a Smart Convertable!
  7. Profile photo of Tiredofnicks
    Tiredofnicks Male 30-39
    5097 posts
    August 18, 2012 at 2:21 pm
    markust123: Beat me to it.
  8. Profile photo of panth753
    panth753 Female 18-29
    9257 posts
    August 18, 2012 at 2:56 pm
    This is why I want a pickup truck. I want to laugh in these people faces when I drive by.
  9. Profile photo of Nickel2
    Nickel2 Male 50-59
    5879 posts
    August 18, 2012 at 5:02 pm
    Are you sure this is shopping, not a trip to the local council re-cycling depot?
  10. Profile photo of razbitom
    razbitom Male 40-49
    913 posts
    August 18, 2012 at 6:12 pm
    smart cars are intended for city driving, not farmville.
  11. Profile photo of OldOllie
    OldOllie Male 60-69
    15841 posts
    August 18, 2012 at 8:41 pm
    Whenever you see "smart" on anything, what really means is, "some arrogant jerk who thinks he`s smarter than you and knows what you need better than you do is going to make this decision for you." Just substitute that phrase for the word "smart," and you`ll have it all figured out. Works with "smart light bulbs," "smart thermostats," "smart appliances," etc.
  12. Profile photo of slut_etta
    slut_etta Female 50-59
    3879 posts
    August 18, 2012 at 11:12 pm
    i`m always amused by these cars. it looks like i could barely fit my purse and my walker in it, much less a dog or the baby and her car seat.
  13. Profile photo of Gerry1of1
    Gerry1of1 Male 50-59
    36845 posts
    August 19, 2012 at 5:45 am

    They called it "Smart Car" because no one would buy it
    if they called it "Poor Car". People who buy it are just
    saving a buck `cause they`re cheap. Not beause they like it.
  14. Profile photo of Musuko42
    Musuko42 Male 18-29
    2850 posts
    August 19, 2012 at 7:05 am
    I don`t know about you, but travelling with that kind of load is not a normal, everyday task for me.

    Why would you get a vehicle suitable for something you may do once or twice a year, tops? If 99% of your needs can be met with a small car, why would you waste money on a bigger car just for the remaining 1%?

    Anyway, this driver should have requested a delivery/pickup, whichever is applicable.
  15. Profile photo of SarahofBorg
    SarahofBorg Female 18-29
    3564 posts
    August 19, 2012 at 7:48 pm
    They get the same gas mileage as the average hybrid. The only reason to buy a smart car is because they`re cheap.
  16. Profile photo of Musuko42
    Musuko42 Male 18-29
    2850 posts
    August 20, 2012 at 4:47 am

    "The only reason to buy a smart car is because they`re cheap."

    Cheap, easy to park, fantastically nimble around tight, crowded British (and European) streets, nicely suits your needs if your lifestyle only requires a small two-seater runaround without a lot of luggage or large shopping trips.

    You might need a whale of a car for your lifestyle. Others don`t. It`s not about being cheap. It IS about being smart.

    They are a sensible buy for many people. And to laugh at them for being small or cheap...well, how are you enjoying those fuel prices and that recession? The person driving the fuel-efficient, cheap car should be laughing at YOU.
  17. Profile photo of McGovern1981
    McGovern1981 Male 30-39
    14268 posts
    August 20, 2012 at 7:06 am
    2013 smart fortwo cabriolet 3 cyl, 1.0 L, Auto(AM5), Premium Gasoline 34


    BWUAHAHAHAHAHA!! My Corolla gets that and I can fit things in it, not look like I`m driving a clown car, not have to use premium gas, has more horsepower, has a beter warranty and it cost the same! Hows that for SMART?????

Leave a Reply