Awww Of The Year!: Boy Hears For First Time

Submitted by: lostinkorea 5 years ago in Science

Okay I-A-B, last time you thought the lady was faking. Do you think he"s faking too?
There are 25 comments:
Female 4,359
yeah, he can hear, but he wouldn`t understand a word they were saying. having not learned to talk.
0
Reply
Male 184
Made me tear up a little.
0
Reply
Female 3,727
I absolutely love this video too! So pure.
0
Reply
Male 1,059
Amazing. We live in an age of miracles.

But of course, the big evil corporation that created the cochlear implant should be shunned and derided and demonized just like big evil drug companies that cure Cancer and AIDS, so we can justify Obamacare!
0
Reply
Male 766
it was faked, they coached the kid, he wern`t deaf in da first place . . . ya, shopped . . .
0
Reply
Male 171
Awww. That is all.
0
Reply
Female 62
Vandyleeann data suggest that the most optimal period for central auditory development is during the first 3.5 years of life. There is some variability but deaf children implanted before the age of 5 also do very well. With time and rehabilitation, they develop very good speech understanding as well as speech production skills. The majority of these children are able to attend mainstream schools. Children who are implanted before the age of 2 seem to do even better than those implanted between 2 and 5 years old so this child has every chance. It does not matter which side the cochlear implant is placed. No matter which side the stimuli is received on, language is processed on the left side of the brain. At least it is for 97% of the population. The other 3% have either abnormalities from birth, or have suffered an injury that has made the language processing centers non-functional.



0
Reply
Male 663
@pigsnout - because they can`t hear themselves speaking.
0
Reply
Female 546
so i never saw the last one but i looked it up on youtube and my question is why do most deaf people have a lisp? kinda weird.
0
Reply
Male 15,832
That was pretty cool. I would think, though, that one of the first things I would do would be to give the kid something to bang on like a drum so he could start understand the relationship between sound and action the physical world.
0
Reply
Female 10
I am a teacher of young children, most with hearing loss, and while this is adorable there are several things that don`t sit right from a professional perspective. 1-most cochlear implants are put in the right side, bc the hearing interpretation part of the brain is on the left side. 2-most kids that will get a cochlear implant get them around a year old. He is at least 3 or 4. 3-kids that just had their implant turned on may hear sounds but not be able to tell what they are, and really have issues with localizing to sound. Just my observations :) and @baelzar with these, all they have to do is remove the magnet, like how it falls off in the beginning, and they are unable to hear again.
0
Reply
Male 3,631
Boy spuddington - can`t wait to see what you have in store for us from here.
0
Reply
Male 571
definitely fake
0
Reply
Male 5,101
Pls let this boy listen some beethoven instead of this ladies.
0
Reply
Male 128
sweet, my 100th comment, which is irrelevant to this gay ass video
0
Reply
Male 1,399
Right after the camera shuts off, the kid begs to have the implant removed.
0
Reply
Male 2,737
faker
0
Reply
Male 6,737
Little darling. :)
0
Reply
Male 244
Adorable? Yes... sadly, the first poo he hears is these pointless women. Seems it could be more momentous... sing a song or something.
0
Reply
Male 1,754
This is adorable.
0
Reply
Female 7,879
That made me smile....
0
Reply
Male 355
very cool
0
Reply
Male 38,780

Awww, I think my heart just grew 3 sizes.
0
Reply
Female 2,602
What a cutie. :)
0
Reply
Female 3,727
Link: Awww Of The Year!: Boy Hears For First Time [Rate Link] - Okay I-A-B, last time you thought the lady was faking. Do you think he`s faking too?
0
Reply