The best in arts & entertainment, news, pop culture, and your mom since 2002.

[Total: 16    Average: 3.1/5]
11 Comments - View/Add
Hits: 5810
Rating: 3.1
Category: Science
Date: 03/10/12 09:30 AM

11 Responses to Model Rocketry: Kit Rockets Galore!

  1. Profile photo of WurstZipfel
    WurstZipfel Male 30-39
    47 posts
    March 8, 2012 at 4:44 pm
    Link: Model Rocketry: Kit Rockets Galore! - Do you remember launching those in the backyard? Includes onboard+slowmotion.
  2. Profile photo of LazyMe484
    LazyMe484 Male 18-29
    10441 posts
    March 10, 2012 at 9:37 am
    That video was sort of artistically sobering. "Our puny rockets are no match for the great big sky... Look! They only stay up for a few seconds", also there was sad blues music.

    Not even a big one at the end :-(
  3. Profile photo of diylobotomy
    diylobotomy Male 18-29
    1832 posts
    March 10, 2012 at 9:44 am
    I remember these never working like they should. Maybe I always got duds :/
  4. Profile photo of Draculya
    Draculya Male 40-49
    14654 posts
    March 10, 2012 at 10:27 am
    Yawn. And I was into rockets once too.
  5. Profile photo of osirisascend
    osirisascend Male 40-49
    3045 posts
    March 10, 2012 at 10:56 am
    The best part was where the one with the onboard camera almost got run over by a car right after in landed.
  6. Profile photo of 5Cats
    5Cats Male 50-59
    33134 posts
    March 10, 2012 at 11:22 am
    Why`d they put the camera on one that spins like crazy?
    Now I`m feeling dizzy...
  7. Profile photo of RoboPatton
    RoboPatton Male 30-39
    2424 posts
    March 10, 2012 at 11:32 am
    like kit rockets? that`s the video for you.
  8. Profile photo of Fatninja01
    Fatninja01 Male 30-39
    25420 posts
    March 10, 2012 at 12:45 pm
    Back in my day
  9. Profile photo of lauriloo
    lauriloo Female 40-49
    1803 posts
    March 10, 2012 at 12:52 pm
    My brothers and I built a ton of Estes rockets when I was a kid and launched them in the field across from our house. Could only launch one before neighborhood kids showed up. Then there would always be the danger the dam* kids would chase them and run over them with their bikes in their excitement. The best ones to watch were the big ones my brothers built. They were about 3 ft tall and 6" in diameter. Took several of the biggest engines and launched much slower than the little ones so they looked more realistic. My brothers would try to catch them as they came down so they wouldn`t get wrecked if the parachute didn`t quite work. It`s a wonder they didn`t get impaled.

    Some of the kits I`ve seen recently come with plastic fins already attached to a plastic ring you just glue on. What`s the challenge in that? Getting the balsa wood fins perfectly right so the rocket flies straight is 90% of the challenge. The other 10% was packing the recovery system properly. Good times!
  10. Profile photo of longlive289s
    longlive289s Male 18-29
    29 posts
    March 10, 2012 at 2:00 pm
    takes me back. had about 4 at one point. couple estes ones i was proud of. made one into a mini bomb by glueing the nose cone to the rest of the body lol
  11. Profile photo of CrakrJak
    CrakrJak Male 40-49
    17514 posts
    March 10, 2012 at 8:24 pm
    I`ve shot off fireworks that were better than those.

Leave a Reply