History Of The World: Then And Now [14 Pics]

Submitted by: madest 7 years ago in Misc

Remember when countries were awesome? Neither do we, that"s why we put these side-by-side comparisons...
There are 147 comments:
Male 17
I`d still rather be in Africa than in Sweden.
0
Reply
Female 635
sweden o.o

-drools-
0
Reply
Male 3
WOW! I-A-B= educational site.... WTF! STFU about Africa or anything else for that matter!!! Mostly everything on this site is made in jest (you know haha) Anyway the fact that you`re offended makes it even better. Get a life and quit trying to change the world on a site created for people who are bored. Little side note if you really are 13-17 years old you`re not wealthy. Go thank you`re parents for not making you`re retarded ass live in one of those mud huts!
0
Reply
Male 1,106
People are actually arguing about the Africa pictures? Every single one of these comparisons is offensive and insulting... it`s why they`re funny!
0
Reply
Male 975
Have you ever been outside your cradle in South Africa?
0
Reply
Male 61
Saw that coming from a mile away...
0
Reply
Male 41
Thank you, rakoonhat, for being one of the few people on here who bother to educate themselves before they make racist comments on such matters. If everyone on IAB was like you, there would be way fewer pointless fights about simple matters.
0
Reply
Female 536
I laughed at the Africa one, LOL, oops. Also, it seems to me that from these pictures, Sweden has experienced the most decline in the degree of awesomeness, and therefore, is the most depressing of the bunch.
0
Reply
Male 63
Im going to have to say the Usa and France ones were the best. The france one is taken from a really well known french film. Its pretty hilarious, because It very true to some extent.
0
Reply
Female 3,828
poor africa.
0
Reply
Male 50
watches, bank accounts, chocolate.... those mostly are associated with the Swiss... not the swedish lol
0
Reply
Female 3,598
people are ignorant. that being said, i don`t really think of little douchy boys when i think of sweden... i think of watches and bank accounts and chocolate... of course i`m also pretty ignorant ;-)
0
Reply
Female 864
Those aren`t swedes....those are douchbags!

Ah yes but they are Swedish douchebags .
0
Reply
Male 2,506
LMFAOOOOOO
0
Reply
Male 322
note to self: france is full of dementors,
work on patronus.
0
Reply
Female 654
for one africa is a continent...and they are just as "commercialized" as us. they are not lions rolling down the street, and no one lives in a grass hut unless they are a small portion of the entire population of the african continent that is tribal
0
Reply
Male 591
Since when was Africa a country? Last I checked it was a Continent. I dunno, strikes me as odd.
0
Reply
Male 231
Hulle gebruik nogsteeds koie vir geld jong!! Ek se vir jou nou...as `n man will iemand trou dan hulle gebruik godsteeds koie vir lebolla.My maid was still bought that way the other day dude, by my gardener. His family gave her family 16 cows for her. That`s what i was referring to. Lebolla. Dai mense doen dinge in die selle maneer dat hulle dit altyd gedoen het. Kyk net vir Zuma. En as jy Transkei toe gaan is dit net so, koie en skaap is soos geld. Jy kan `n shack in die Transkei koop vir net twee koie. And yeah it does kind of suck when people rip off things they don`t know anything about, but trying to explain what it`s like here over IAB is futile, so just chill man :) And Joburg kicks drating ass man. Jozi for life
0
Reply
Male 41
By saying that Africans live in mud huts, are poor, blah blah blah, you are claiming that (because all countries are seperately run, and thus have different economies), there are at least a reasonably high amount of people in any one country that are poor and "primitive" enough to live in mud huts. Using South Africa as an example, I can say that those claims are not true. In fact, since I AM and African, I strongly doubt that you, who has probably never been to Africa, would know more about it than me. So just worry about your own problems instead of talking about how uncivilised Africa is, until you have been here to see for yourself.
0
Reply
Male 41
Fleh, jy behoort te weet dat die Zulus lank terug al opgehou het om koeie te gebruik as geld, so hoekom gee jy net vir hulle meer vals inligting? (Ek neem aan jy`t gepraat van die zulu`s...)Seriously, I personally don`t really want my country to be joked about in a way in which it is highly questionable whether or not it is a joke, especially by people who know nothing about it except for what they have heard. (Verskoon asseblief my afrikaans, ek skryf nie rerig gereeld nie.) En ek bly ook in Johannesburg. what are the odds?
0
Reply
Male 776
"I was not claiming that Africa was all, or even mostly rich, but that many of us are."

basically saying that Despite having a large majority of poor poor poor people, the continent of africa is just fine because there is a handful of wealthy ones in there too...
0
Reply
Female 327
I didn`t realize Africa was a country...
0
Reply
Male 231
But I`m not going to get upset by this stuff man. Come on...South Africans are good at laughing at themselves. You should be too. Besides the people on IAB don`t really care whether S.A. is as civilised as anywhere else. So just take the joke. En as jy dink ek is nie Suid Afrikaans nie, kan ons maar in afrikaans praat...
0
Reply
Male 231
Yeah dude. I`m from Joburg :)
0
Reply
Male 41
premierwondr,you clearly never read the earlier comments on this, or properly read my comment. If you had, you would have realised that a good part of your argument is invalid because I clearly stated that I was not claiming that Africa was all, or even mostly rich, but that many of us are. You would also have noticed that my comments were not directed at the pictures themselves, but at the people commenting about Africa. Also,since you like to stereotype about the lack of intelligence of Africans, you`re a real dumbass for saying, "Most Americans don`t realize/care about that", when, in fact, you are admitting that Americans are too stupid to take note of basic geography and history, such as the fact that not all Africans are poor. Not only that, but you continue to display your ignorance by referring to an entire country as a "city center". If you meant that only South Africa`s city centre is urbanised, then you are even more of an idiot, because the entire countr
0
Reply
Male 2,690
The African one made me laugh when I noticed it last second. But of course all of these are trying to make each country (for the most part) look bad...I wouldn`t take any of them too seriously.
0
Reply
Male 214
why do people get so offended by these pics? they are just meant to make you laugh. jeeze cry babies
0
Reply
Male 975
Breadman you seem to be a bit of a moron so let`s slow it down for you.
Each picture is a stereotype on the left, and a stereotype on the right.
Everyone here knows that not 100% of each country is accurately depicted by either side.
To me it seems pretty obvious that you wanted to announce to i-a-b that you`re from Africa.
Great, South Africa and plenty of other city centers are urbanized, but 1. Most Americans don`t realize/care about that and 2. Much of Africa is not urbanized or modernized.
In the meantime you should really buy a box of tissues and dry your eyes.
0
Reply
Male 41
addler, the problem with your comment is the fact that you are all saying that the whole of Africa is poor, and all I`m saying is that not everyone in Africa is poor. I never said that every single person in Africa is rich, but you`re saying we`re ALL poor. South Africa, for example, is mostly not rich, but certainly isn`t poor. In other words, stop being a smart-ass.
0
Reply
Male 294
haha nice addler
0
Reply
Male 776

So Africa is urbanized and civilized? Seriously? You`re judging every single person in an entire continent because of your insane South African stereotypes. I can safely say that Angola (where I`m from) is as poor and terrible as any other place. Seriously, we don`t live in dating houses, just mud huts. Why don`t you do some research before you judge an entire continent? Idiot! Also, breadman, are you even from africa at all?
0
Reply
Male 1,254
We would have shown Japan Then and Now, but unfortunately, every Now image was too explicit for IAB. Please tune in to IAB - After Dark if you want to see all the action.
0
Reply
Male 41
So Africa is poor and uncivilized? Seriously? You`re judging every single person in an entire continent because of your insane American/European stereotypes. Seriously, how many of you have been to Africa? I can safely say that South Africa (where I`m from) is as urbanised as any other place. Seriously, we don`t live in drating mud huts. Why don`t you do some drating research before you judge an entire continent? Idiots! Also, fleh, are you even from africa at all?
0
Reply
Male 17,512
Madest: Hopefully this latest election in England might change things back to being "English"
0
Reply
Male 1,240
Hey, we also gave the world Europe, who made the Final Countdown. Your welcome, world.

The Sweden one is factual in disturbingly large amounts of the country. Of course, they`re mocked mercilessly by the sane people, but still, there are too many of them. We call them "stekare", if anyone cares.

We don`t mock the poor sods in elhadjis image. Well, I don`t. It`s too easy. Sorta like mocking furries. We do point and laugh.

Also, if it weren`t for america, we`d be swearing in swedish.
0
Reply
Male 231
Well Africa is rich....the people here count wealth by how many cattle they own, how many wives they have and how much food they have on their plate. It`s just a different definition of "rich". People here don`t care about money, money means nothing...all it is is paper. And when you look at it from that perspective it`s not really that bad at all
0
Reply
Male 27
Aw man, when I saw the Sweden one, I thought the Sweden then and Sweden now were the same thing.
0
Reply
Male 350
@Fleh

that`s right.. from the point of view of institutional economics, it`s the african way of life that prevents them from getting richer.
0
Reply
Male 1,153
africa is warm :)
0
Reply
Female 517
Sweden - lol
BTW, Africa is the same cuz of all other mentioned countries..and cuz what Fleh said..
0
Reply
Male 42
is this saying that stalin is better...?
0
Reply
Male 56
This was one of the dumbest posts I`v seen in a while , was it done by a 12 year old?
0
Reply
Male 231
And the reason Africa is still in poverty is because the people here are tribal. They couldn`t care less about owning an ipod or a hummer or any of that crap...it`s hard to explain
0
Reply
Male 231
That`s not really racist. Africa still is like that, trust me
0
Reply
Female 1,441
"africa as it down, intolerance of anything new is the way to go."-MrVandercar

Right. It`s definitely "intolerance of anything new" that`s keeping Africa in poverty.

How about you go back to school or something?
0
Reply
Female 1,441
Really dumb. Slightly racist.
0
Reply
Male 2,619
Yep Madest hit the nail right on the head. Englands now a bunch of flag burning, rag headed, twatty terrorists
0
Reply
Male 4,680
Britain gave the world House.

Therefore, we win.
0
Reply
Male 959
I`ll take England now, thanks very much
0
Reply
Male 7,378

0
Reply
Male 928
Ha, we all got owned.
0
Reply
Male 7,378

0
Reply
Male 1,360
from France I say Allah est grand et je t`emmerde
btw, 2nd picture is not taken in France
0
Reply
Female 2,027
that made me laugh so hard!
0
Reply
Male 1,455
Sweden now

0
Reply
Male 2,159
Sweden also gave Volvos to soccer moms and SAABs to architects. Also naked traffic directors. And lapdancing. I think .
0
Reply
Male 815
ok, the little pedobear on the vatican now pic really made me lol....and then i saw the last picture...........that made me lol even harder
0
Reply
Male 383
Do not insult the Abba!

I haven`t lived in Sweden for ten years, most I remember was eating swedish hot dogs, playing ice hockey, and making fun of norwegians. Has it really changed so much in 10 years?
0
Reply
Male 286
africa as it down, intolerance of anything new is the way to go.
0
Reply
Male 141
>Lionhart2
>Sweden gave us ABBA; they can never slide down far enough to matter after that.

We gave you ikea, ikeeeeaaaa..
0
Reply
Male 19
In Soviet Russia, then is now and now is than
0
Reply
Female 188
enough with this abba madness. seriously
0
Reply
Male 12
You know that Africa is a continent and not an actual country right?

Sarah Palin put this together didn`t she, awwwwwww, bless her.
0
Reply
Male 8,302
> jinxiejae
> with sweden the decline started with this - techno viking

Sweden gave us ABBA; they can never slide down far enough to matter after that.
0
Reply
Male 1,108
kribbe, It may be the fermented herring. That`s just nasty.
0
Reply
Male 8
nice TCullen, nice.
0
Reply
Male 63
"TCullen23: sooooo france is just filled with dementors now?"

LOL
0
Reply
Male 2,004
i`m from sweden and i usually ask myself: how the f**k did this happened?
0
Reply
Male 363
"As stated by a European, who has no national pride because there`s none to be had."

Alright, let`s just start posting links asking whether USA is better than X country or not. Sound good? Goddamn dude, all I`m saying is no one with half a brain gives a drat. You`re proud of your country and I`m proud of mine (you more so than me because there are some embarrassing things in Sweden), the US isn`t going to grow as a nation just because you`re yelling at some dude on the internet.
0
Reply
Female 330
sooooo france is just filled with dementors now?
0
Reply
Female 812
The first USA one is a fake...
France is not THAT muslim
And Sweden just got f`ed up!
0
Reply
Male 108
>with sweden the decline started with this. techno viking

Techno Viking was from a German parade "Hate Parade" it`s some techno thing. Nothing to do with Sweden.
0
Reply
Male 3,625
One of the guys in the USA then pic was from my home area.
0
Reply
Female 2,927
with sweden the decline started with this. techno viking

slippery slope people, slippery slope.
0
Reply
Male 315
I like all the "If it weren`t for America, France would be speaking German." and "If it weren`t for France, America would be speaking British English."

Really all that matters is. "If it weren`t for that broken condom, none of you idiots would be here to hate."
0
Reply
Male 10,338
As stated by a European, who has no national pride because there`s none to be had.
0
Reply
Male 363
Imadude, congratulations! First World War 2 reference of the thread! You know that if it weren`t for the French you`d be speaking British English and drinking tea right? drating relax already, who gives a poo what country killed the most natives hundreds of years ago? It isn`t going to change anything so you can stop stroking your national pride already.
0
Reply
Male 490
they had the USA now pic with the words "Its OK sir im from the internet" i thought it was funny.
0
Reply
Male 5,314

saw this floating around the internet, i thought it was funny.
0
Reply
Male 714
imadude do your homework, when america was part of the empire it was only a fraction the size it is now.
0
Reply
Male 363
skine, true enough, I don`t agree with the pic but people are douchebags on the internet, gotta learn to ignore it.
0
Reply
Female 336
What the hell?! France has been invaded by Ringwraiths?
0
Reply
Female 305
As a Polish girl, I approve of this.
0
Reply
Female 1,043
sweden hair is douchey. yet epic.
0
Reply
Male 719
@Hemtroll: I think that the point is that this would be much better without the "French" picture.

Even in the implications of the photo are valid, it doesn`t help the end joke in one iota.
0
Reply
Female 91
So are those Swedos? Like Guidos, only Swedish?
0
Reply
Male 8,302
> auburnjunky
> Australians have been worse to the brown people of their country than we have

America is a (no offense) war nation; Australia never has been. There was no Indian-War type campaign against aborigines; instead, our ancestors simply treated them like ignorant, dirty morons who needed to be taught to read, write, wear clothes, etc. Which is worse - shooting someone or patronizing them? That depends on your individual moral view. BOTH approaches led to basically the same thing, the near-extermination of the native peoples. I don`t think words like "worse than" apply to either; whatever the intent or the method, genocide is genocide.
0
Reply
Male 363
"Why is the French "then" any more awesome than "now"--what`s wrong with women walking around in burgqa`s? And what`s "awesome" about torture (old Vatican) or almost unparalleled mass murder (old Russia)? What the h-e-double hockey sticks is wrong with you? This is just vile."

So what you`re saying is you didn`t like the joke?
0
Reply
Male 73
Why is the French "then" any more awesome than "now"--what`s wrong with women walking around in burgqa`s? And what`s "awesome" about torture (old Vatican) or almost unparalleled mass murder (old Russia)? What the h-e-double hockey sticks is wrong with you? This is just vile.
0
Reply
Female 247
HAHAA The pope is holdinga communion wafer with pedobear on it. I jujst noticed that.
0
Reply
Male 363
To be fair to my countrymen, we laugh and point at douchebags with fake tans too.
0
Reply
Male 10,338
I take it back. Australians have been worse to the brown people of their country than we have....
0
Reply
Female 1,101
That vatican guy really freaks me out...
0
Reply
Female 247
Lots of hair gel and fake tans in Sweden. It looks like an ad for a new MTV show "The Swedish Shore"
0
Reply
Male 10,338
LOL @ Lionhart.
0
Reply
Male 8,302


Yep, we sure "civilized" this place, didn`t we?
0
Reply
Male 2,440
[quote]whats france now supposed to be?[/quote]
Here`s a hint: DURKA DURKA MUHAMMAD JIHAD!!!
0
Reply
Male 644
the USA now one is not even US soldiers
0
Reply
Male 10,440
Sweden is full of duchebags? Aww crap. I thought it was a great place.
0
Reply
Male 10,338
This post is just a tad, not racist, what`s the word I`m looking for.....
0
Reply
Female 1,134
if Sweden looks like the picture of what bmh posted im so dating Scandinavian boys for now on. ;)
0
Reply
Female 9,561
Meh.
0
Reply
Male 953
Awesome
0
Reply
Male 76
whats france now supposed to be?
0
Reply
Male 101
@bigbangbilly

Poland... Pole-land?
0
Reply
Male 5,314
per funneh
0
Reply
Female 2,352
Mmm pedobear wafer sacralicious!
0
Reply
Male 363
seabass101dg, it`s all just stereotypes, no one with half a brain takes it seriously. Europeans in general don`t think Americans are fat, stupid and ugly but everyone gets the jokes.
0
Reply
Male 478
The idea that Europeans are all "thin, muscular, beautiful and smart" is the most closed-minded idea I have ever heard propagated by American women who always think that the grass is greener on the other side.
0
Reply
Male 698
where did the Vatican get a Pedobear wafer (i know that there are a lot pedophile/Priest out there)

making fun of Africa is not political correct

well i prefer Sweden now rather than the Sweden then (i am not gay nor bisexual)

i don`t get USA now

what is hapening in the poland now pic
0
Reply
Female 248
Its more probable that all men in Sweden look like that than all the French being ultra-conservative Muslim women.
0
Reply
Male 363
bmh has it spot on, everyone here looks like that. Promise!
0
Reply
Female 248
Sweden now




Fat ninja: you are awesome.
0
Reply
Male 537
What is this? 4chan? You are better than this IAB.
0
Reply
Male 1,610
That Swedish kid in the black vest has his hand down homeboy`s pants.
0
Reply
Male 193
how is the uk not on here lol - global empire to 51st state :-(
0
Reply
Male 363
5Cats, Vikings were from Scandinavia in general, not Norway specifically. Just FYI.
0
Reply
Male 112
Win on the pedo bear.
0
Reply
Male 25,417
Makin fun of africa! its hard to do but well done!
0
Reply
Female 709
Sweden before FTW. They should go back to the better days.
0
Reply
Male 699
the africa one gave me lulz
0
Reply
Male 40,401
I had to LOL at the Africa one, and France...
@minimullen34 that was Norway doing that...
0
Reply
Male 833
swedish guidos = swedos?
0
Reply
Male 7
Deathbringer, if you`re French, you must not live in France. I live in America and I know that the photo is of a march in protest to a law now being debated by the French government to illegalize the wearing of Muslim veils in public, that will most likely be passed.
0
Reply
Female 1,008
I lol`d at Africa.
0
Reply
Male 363
Hate to say it but the Sweden one is true.
0
Reply
Male 774
AnarchistGod,

I`m going to have to agree with you.
0
Reply
Female 131
ok the sweden this is just wrong...
0
Reply
Male 9
I didn`t know Sweden had a New Jersey.
0
Reply
Male 274
lol Sweeden, so true. what the drat happened
0
Reply
Male 179
Sweden, what the hell happened to you? What happened to the good ole days of pillaging villages and taking their woman.
0
Reply
Female 158
Zerocyde: it said in the description. But it didn`t specify on the title, so I guess I was wrong :)
0
Reply
Male 8,302
> deathbringer
> I don`t get the france one... and i`m french

L`un d`eux a des couilles. L`un d`eux suce boules.
0
Reply
Male 893



0
Reply
Male 3,255
@BlueOrchid

I`m not finding where it says that this is a list of countries.
0
Reply
Male 3,255
Poor africa, lol. I wonder if it`s purely the result of unfortunate land or something else.
0
Reply
Male 17
Pic 1 is of British troops. And most black slaves were enslaved by Arabs, not `the rest of the world`.
And the ARABS were the ones who were well educated and civilized... 1000 years ago.
Africa`s always been pretty drated up.
0
Reply
Female 269
Sweden then was apparently highly pixellated. Poor guys. :)
0
Reply
Female 158
Um, Africa`s not a country.
0
Reply
Female 59
TOO MANY HOT GUYS...ALL AT ONCE!! omg!!!! DELICIOUS
0
Reply
Male 50
africa actually was pretty badass at one point. they had universities and were well educated...then the rest of the world viewed them as savages and turned them into slaves...
0
Reply
Female 4,225
Last picture was indeed sad
0
Reply
Male 440
#10 sad but true in many parts of Africa.
0
Reply
Male 397
I don`t get the france one... and i`m french
0
Reply
Male 2,516
Hahaha awesome, I LOL`ed at the Africa one
0
Reply
Male 456
last picture made me lol, sadly
0
Reply
Male 7,378
Link: History Of The World: Then And Now [14 Pics] [Rate Link] - Remember when countries were awesome? Neither do we, that`s why we put these side-by-side comparisons...
0
Reply