6 Absurd Gender Stereotypes That Are True

Submitted by: Saragato 6 years ago Entertainment
http://www.cracked.com/article_18529_6-absurd-gender-stereotypes-that-science-says-are-true.html

Argue away, I-A-B. Argue away because you know this one"s going to be offensive to more than a few people.
There are 105 comments:
Female 75
#6. Dunno about this one...I kept thinking of the time my husband drove over a stantion (the concrete bars some parking spots have)...so much for men and spatial awareness. :P

#5. My husband and I are both pretty messy. ~shrug~

#4 It`s funny how it is like "except for childbirth cause that is a special case". They gloss over how you`re lying there in tears, sweating like a pig, wanting to tear your body open with a scapel to get the baby out because even tearing yourself open would feel less painful than feeling like your insides are being crushed with a fist every fifteen seconds. But that`s ok cracked, it`s only a special case.

#3. My husband and I are the same...quiet when we`re uncomfortable and over talkative when we`re comfortable. :3

#2. Funny story about this...here my hubby and I are in the enormous Post Exchange (like Walmart without the food section) and he wanted to know which color blanket I wanted. I shrugged and he said, &quo
0
Reply
Female 75
#1 My husband has tried many times to get me drunk but it has never happened. It disturbs him lol.
0
Reply
Female 75
#6. Dunno about this one...I kept thinking of the time my husband drove over a stantion (the concrete bars some parking spots have)...so much for men and spatial awareness. :P

#5. My husband and I are both pretty messy. ~shrug~

#4 It`s funny how it is like "except for childbirth cause that is a special case". They gloss over how you`re lying there in tears, sweating like a pig, wanting to tear your body open with a scapel to get the baby out because even tearing yourself open would feel less painful than feeling like your insides are being crushed with a fist every fifteen seconds. But that`s ok cracked, it`s only a special case.

#3. My husband and I are the same...quiet when we`re uncomfortable and over talkative when we`re comfortable. :3

#2. Funny story about this...here my hubby and I are in the enormous Post Exchange (like Walmart without the food section) and he wanted to know which color blanket I wanted. I shrugged and he said, &quo
0
Reply
Female 275
Must note these findings are within the context of the gender binary. They are via gender constructs, not stable unmediated scientific findings.

should change "scientists" to "social-scientist."
0
Reply
Male 660
@Angilion: mmMMmm lamb balti and onion bhaji`s!
0
Reply
Male 12,138
Angilion... dude. We love you much, but goddam. Talk about tl;dr. Look that sh*t up man, seriously.
0
Reply
Male 12,365
Hmm...I did go a bit overboard answering half a dozen posts in this thread last night.
0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]Total cost for the meal is about $1.20 each. But of course, that takes EFFORT - if you can call 10 minutes `effort`. So many people who hate cooking because of the time, will gladly spend longer than that driving to the fast food place, waiting in line, etc. I just don`t get it at all.[/quote]

I`m the same, Lionhart2, and I do have a strong dislike of cooking. I can cook fairly well, three course meal from raw ingredients kind of thing, but I dislike doing it. So I don`t do it. No need with microwavable food. Lamb balti and onion bhajis tonight - less than half the price of a takeaway and I don`t have to wait for it. 30s prep (poke holes in film, press buttons) and it cooks while I`m on IAB.

I might pick up some food from a fast food place to eat while I walk home or something like that, but only if I`m walking past it and there isn`t a queue. If it takes more than a couple of minutes to get it, what`s the point?
0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]Again with the lectures Angilion? Instead of wasting time lecturing people, you could use that time to do your job. Oh, and fyi, I`m a senior in high school with a lot of down time and I`m passing all my classes...that is all.[/quote]

You are allegedly a senior in high school passing all your classes...and you regard a couple of short paragraphs of text as a lecture.

That`s sad. It`s also worrying.
0
Reply
Male 440
Again with the lectures Angilion? Instead of wasting time lecturing people, you could use that time to do your job. Oh, and fyi, I`m a senior in high school with a lot of down time and I`m passing all my classes...that is all.
0
Reply
Male 8,302
I`m always amused by fast food, to tell the truth. For example, those nights I cook, I cook rice, a 3-mins-microwave snapfrozen mixed veg sachet, and chop a sausage or bit of chicken meat into it. Total cost for the meal is about $1.20 each. But of course, that takes EFFORT - if you can call 10 minutes `effort`. So many people who hate cooking because of the time, will gladly spend longer than that driving to the fast food place, waiting in line, etc. I just don`t get it at all.
0
Reply
Female 65
I was interested in looking at the comments for this... until I saw the wall of text! >_>
0
Reply
Male 12,365
As for the why and whether it`s related to body hair...no way of knowing for sure. Maybe it`s a matter of adaptation to different sexed roles, with men being exposed to cold more often and having more need to retain effective use of their hands while very cold, both due to spending more time away from home hunting for prey. Maybe it`s a matter of adaptation to make a successful pregnancy more likely in hard winters - from an evolutionary point of view it`s a success if the mother loses a couple of toes or finger joints to frostbite but the baby survives to be born.
0
Reply
Male 12,365
Regarding the thermal insulation thing, there are two different sex-related *tendencies*.

i) Women tend to have more subcutaneous fat distributed more around the body. Subcutaneous fat is an excellent thermal insulator - ask a seal. This is probably relevant in a test lasting at most 3 minutes.

ii) Women tend to withdraw blood from extremities more than men at the same temperature. That doesn`t happen immediately, so it`s most relevant after a little time. As a result, women tend to be a little less vulnerable to hypothermia than men and men tend to be a little less vulnerable to frostbite than women. It also produces the result that you refer to, that of women tending to "feel the cold" more than men. Reduced bloodflow in the outer layers of skin makes you feel cold. It`s only a small difference that only really shows up at normal temperatures - when it`s properly cold, everyone feels it.
0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]eh? I view their "myth" they`re trying to prove or disprove as nothing more than a hypothesis and what scientists don`t have hypotheses in mind when beginning an experiment?[/quote]

Watch it again and see how Adam Savage introduces that segment. It`s far more than having a hypothesis in mind.

[quote]isn`t voluntary tolerance to pain the same as tolerance?[/quote]

No. In a voluntary tolerance test, the results for any person vary hugely depending on their degree of motivation. Something as simple as changing the sex of the people administering the test can have a significant effect. That`s probably why redheads scored far higher than average in the mythbusters test - they knew they were being singled out as a group, so they had something to prove.
0
Reply
Male 2,703
" They decided the results beforehand and they administered the tests"

eh? I view their "myth" they`re trying to prove or disprove as nothing more than a hypothesis and what scientists don`t have hypotheses in mind when beginning an experiment?

sure, their sample size was small, but too small? would it have been better with 100 people or 1000 people, sure but 50 is nothing to blink at.

isn`t voluntary tolerance to pain the same as tolerance? I mean its not like they didn`t ask when someone began to feel pain (I wish they had published those results as well).

for the "women are more insulated" I always hear its the opposite, hence why women are always bundled under blankets, but your argument makes sense, hence why men have more body hair...w/e
0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]Very commendable eating. And how many fresh vegie shops are there in that city with 100 friend chicken places? Yes, you can eat cheap IF you live in the affluent part of town where things like that are readily available. Fact is, 90% of the welfare-receiving population use fast food for 90% of their diet.[/quote]

Is it that bad in the USA? I live in a poor area of a city notorious for being unhealthy, poor, etc, which routinely rates amongst the worst places to live in the UK.

I could buy fresh enough fruit and veg close by, no problem. There are a couple of fast food takeaways a little closer, but only a couple of hundred yards closer at most.

I mostly eat microwave ready meals. They`re not bad over here - right now I`m having a nice chicken breast in red wine sauce with shallots and little mushrooms, served with some brown rice I got in a pouch that can also be microwaved. The meal cost me a little over half as much as a big mac meal.
0
Reply
Male 12,365
People may as well argue this:

Men are obviously far more able to withstand pain than women because men are sometimes hit in the balls.

There you go - something very painful that can`t happen to women, just like childbirth is something very painful that can`t happen to men.

So, to spell it out for the hard of thinking among you:

Neither can be used to compare pain tolerance between men and women.

Childbirth is an even more stupid example because it occurs along with large physiological changes that, amongst other things, temporarily increase pain tolerance. You may as well argue that people who have taken painkillers are more able to tolerate pain than people who haven`t.

It`s also ignoring the fact that people don`t really deal with the pain in either case - they endure it because they have to.

Of course, the prevailing sexism means that the normal reaction is very different. It`s funny when a man is in agony, right?
0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]That was total bullpoo. Am a woman, and I can park my car better than most men and am never lost, not even when I was a child. And women can bear pain better than men, because women give birth. U can always find a research that says this and that, but u should just open ur eyes and see for urself.[/quote]

Why should I take the world of someone who is so badly educated that they are only semiliterate and who makes the most ridiculous logical fallacies?

Not only that, but you obviously didn`t even read the article you`re complaining about.

So...you think women are superior to men in various ways. Do you think men are superior to women in other ways to balance out overall, or do you just think women are superior to men? Or maybe you don`t think - that would be in keeping with your post.
0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]Mythbusters tested that pain thing and got far different results.[/quote]

Yes, their study of 50 people got far different results to each of the dozens of studies covering thousands of people.

Which means that the Mythbusters study was wrong.

Here`s a few things that were wrong with it, just off the top of my head:

i) They did the cold water test wrong in two different ways, either of which would be enough to invalidate all the results because there wasn`t consistency between subjects.

ii) They were testing voluntary tolerance to pain *and resistance to cold at the same time*. Women tend to be more insulated than men.

iii) They decided the results beforehand and they administered the tests, which would have biased the results even if they didn`t mean to do so.

iv) The sample size was too small.
0
Reply
Female 864
"only the well-off can afford to live on anything other than junk food."


That is such bullpoo ,try eating eggs canned fish beans and lentils for your protein sources they are cheap and very healthy .Buy your produce when it is in season and it should be very reasonably priced .Saying healthy food is more expensive than fast food is a lame excuse
0
Reply
Female 199
the article isn`t saying every woman on the face of the earth can`t drive, drink, or shut up, it`s just saying a large majority of them can`t
0
Reply
Female 635
@mrvandercar sooooo very true sir
0
Reply
Male 2,703
"Yes, you can eat cheap IF you live in the affluent part of town"

most grocery stores or even wal-marts carry "fresh" produce. walmart you have to pick through it, but its still fresher than fast food. but its mostly ignorance or "laziness" person doesn`t want to cook after working for 10-12 hours at minimum wage, $1 hamburgers are very enticing or $2.99 3 piece chicken combo w/ dark meat and sides...
0
Reply
Female 635
@dragosal that might explain why i have to replace my facial cleanser so often...
0
Reply
Male 1,629
@kary maybe ur dad is secretly gay?
0
Reply
Female 635
my dad ALWAYS gets us lost, IM the one that tells him where to go and turn
0
Reply
Male 1,678
"And women can bear pain better than men, because women give birth."
This is explained very clearly in the article. I don`t want to sound picky, and everyone is entitled to give their views, but its kind of annoying when people criticize an article that they didn`t even bother to read.
0
Reply
Male 440
"don`t know if its been said but mythbusters proved women have a higher pain tolerance, I got from the article that men do..."

I am a huge fan of Mythbusters but they are not doing "proper" science. It`s entertainment first and science second a lot of the time.

The sample size in the men v women pain test was small and the method was a bit questionable. It wasn`t all bad. The test subjects had no idea was was being tested before hand and there was at least some measurable consistancy in the method they used.

In summary , Mythbusters are not doing rigorous science but they ARE testing things out rather than just beliving what people say is true. I love the show.
0
Reply
Male 772
For all those saying "This isn`t true cause that`s not me": as hard as it is to admit, using one person, especially one`s self, is highly unlikely to make any statistical impact. You could say that the child right there can`t add numbers yet, so therefore it can be said all humans don`t have the brain function for simple mathematics. Majority of this kind of research is statistical analysis, just with scientific backing for when they get results; correlation never truly means causation.
0
Reply
Female 107
That was total bullpoo. Am a woman, and I can park my car better than most men and am never lost, not even when I was a child. And women can bear pain better than men, because women give birth. U can always find a research that says this and that, but u should just open ur eyes and see for urself.
0
Reply
Female 1,190
hey, i am not a wimp :(
but i do like to talk a lot and cant take directions worth a poo :P
i have good drinking genes but im pretty sure if i smelled alcohol i would pass out lol
0
Reply
Male 1,505
Stereotypes are self-perpetuating.

That is all.
0
Reply
Male 286
9 out of 10 chicks` bathrooms are effin gross.
0
Reply
Male 943
Mythbusters tested that pain thing and got far different results.
0
Reply
Male 8,302
@IkeRay

Very commendable eating. And how many fresh vegie shops are there in that city with 100 friend chicken places? Yes, you can eat cheap IF you live in the affluent part of town where things like that are readily available. Fact is, 90% of the welfare-receiving population use fast food for 90% of their diet.
0
Reply
Female 109
I can hold my liquor pretty damn well, thankyouverymuch.
0
Reply
Male 774
But also, thanks for the tips, I`ll keep them in mind.
0
Reply
Male 774
IkeRay,

Actually, I don`t drink coffee, I hate the latte and all it`s rancid children and I am really just that poor. :\

Also, living in the middle of nowhere without a job is probably the biggest reason. :|
0
Reply
Male 2,703
...have a smoothie, no ice needed
0
Reply
Male 2,703
" I would have a salad and a bowl of fruit every day if I could afford it, instead I get ramen. :( "

yes, ramen is cheap, but you COULD have a salad and fruit everyday if you wanted. first off, too many people buy coffee, you might not, but too many college kids are drinking $5 starbucks and then ramen, buy a big can and brew your own, flavored creamers to spice it up. for the salad, buy a head of iceburg ($1), a package of baby spinach($2 opt), romaine/green leaf lettuce ($1), a bag of baby carrots ($1), cucumber ($.50) and maybe a 8-16oz chicken breast ($2.50/lb). grill chicken on george foreman grill or cook at a friends house, microwave as a last option. that salad ($6-8) will last at least a week, and if you can`t afford $1/day for food...

for fruit, shop frozen, if frozen immediately after picking, frozen is as healthy as fresh and lasts much longer, place in bowl night before to thaw out. plus through the fruit in a blender with OJ and have a smo
0
Reply
Male 2,703
"only the well-off can afford to live on anything other than junk food."

you`re just spewing crap tonight, first the BSA is full of single gay men and now fast food is cheap...

beating the $10 KFC challenge

and thats if you want a chicken dinner. I constantly compare what I spend at fast food for me and my wife to what I make at home. I can make a full spread with pork chops, mashed potatoes, veggies, and a delicious gravy for the pork chops/potatoes, for a little over $8, this is enough food for 4 people easy, 6 people if you skimp. a "value" meal at McD, for example, runs $5 and thats for a bigmac meal, $9 if you want an angus burger meal. even adding $3 for a full gallon of milk to my meal equates to $11 for 4 people or $18 (pre tax) for 2 people fast food
0
Reply
Male 774
Lionhart2,

That`s the number one thing I hate about living in lower-lower-middle class. I would have a salad and a bowl of fruit every day if I could afford it, instead I get ramen. :(

Whelp, back to college to spend more money.
0
Reply
Female 248
The further back in time you go, the more studies adhere to stereotypes (i.e., blacks being less intelligent, women being less motivated, etc). There`s no reason to believe these results are because of nature and not environment
0
Reply
Female 21
I can drink and drive...
0
Reply
Male 8,302
> Stelly
> 100 fried chicken shops, is in the major cities that are mostly black. Coincidence or smart marketing?

Of course it has nothing to do with the fact that hundreds of years of oppression and social injustice have produced a larger percentage of black people living in poverty than whites, and only the well-off can afford to live on anything other than junk food.
0
Reply
Male 3,255
@CoffeeDiiva

Yea, these things aren`t set in stone, its just a "most likely" sort of thing.
0
Reply
Male 3,255
I heard about this study on the radio also. Interesting.
0
Reply
Female 1,604
eh, I can drive my husband can`t might have something to do with he is from MASS, he is a fricken pig I am not, he is a wuss.
0
Reply
Female 120
...I DO have the sense of smell like a dog. It`s pretty sad, actually. Especially when I`m using public transportation. :`(
0
Reply
Male 317
Maybe my post was misunderstood, but around Albany NY, the only place you can find a Popeye`s, a KFC, or one of the 100 fried chicken shops, is in the major cities that are mostly black. Coincidence or smart marketing?
0
Reply
Male 2,703
don`t know if its been said but mythbusters proved women have a higher pain tolerance, I got from the article that men do...
0
Reply
Male 3,296
so it is scientifically proven.. men are better drivers. well that settles it.
0
Reply
Female 275
Also, Popeyes is just delicious. Something`s wrong with you if you don`t like popeye`s.

Damn, I`m gonna go to Popeye`s right now.
0
Reply
Female 275
Must note these findings are within the context of the gender binary. They are via gender constructs, not stable unmediated scientific findings.

should change "scientists" to "social-scientist."
0
Reply
Male 3,482
[quote]If suddenly eating crap had no negative effects, Popeye`s is the first place I`d go. Their biscuits are like nothing else in this world![/quote]

Popeye`s chicken is the shiznit!

GOD I love that movie. Back when Adam Sandler was still funny is most of his movies... Ahh, good times, good times...
0
Reply
Male 1,610
[quote]Can someone post something about race stereotypes also being true so I can stop being called racist whenever I point out Popeye`s fried chicken joints are only located in mostly black populated areas.....[/quote]

In Louisiana, where the chain started, they`re in every neighborhood and not all of them are mostly African American. Same with Texas. There are a lot more in low income neighborhoods than in predominantly white neighborhoods, I`ll give you that, but so are every other kind of fast food chain.

There`s a correlation between fast food and people of low income in general, normally because they are less educated about the negative side effects of eating fast food.

If suddenly eating crap had no negative effects, Popeye`s is the first place I`d go. Their biscuits are like nothing else in this world!


0
Reply
Male 25,416
Hmm.. dont believe all of this!
0
Reply
Male 12,138
He, nice lion!

And what`s all this "Several studies have shown that heterosexual men are better at both navigating by north-south directions and at orienting themselves in three dimensional space than women... the same isn`t necessarily true for gay men, who tend to navigate like women."

You mean science indicates that homosexual men have their brain physically hard-wired more like a woman`s brain?



BLASPHEMY!!! IT`S A LIFESTYLE CHOICE!!!
0
Reply
Male 317
Can someone post something about race stereotypes also being true so I can stop being called racist whenever I point out Popeye`s fried chicken joints are only located in mostly black populated areas.....
0
Reply
Female 5
the only one that i can really argue with is the "Women are wimps" thing. just cuz a few girls are like "oww!! i broke a nail!!" doesn`t mean we all are, i may not be the strongest person ever but i`m always up for a good fight and how dare u call me non-badass, i`m just about as badass as they come and a woman.
0
Reply
Male 3,756
Specific gender roles are a very important component to the survial of a species and therefore, evolution.
0
Reply
Male 7,585
lion, i love that song.
0
Reply
Male 4,807
@ Lion.. you think you are all that with your fancy shmantcy multi-tasking
Right now I`m....

- I`m drinking beer
- Smoking a smoke
- typing stuff

Umm yea, thats about it.
I might also watch TV later

0
Reply
Male 8,302
> Altaru
> guys don`t divide their attention between as many different things at once

Speak for yourself. I`ve been described as "poetry in motion" before because because I can breeze through the kitchen and use all four limbs to do something different in the way of cleaning/tidying/preparing dinner just passing through the room. I hardly EVER do one thing at once.

At this very second, for example, I am:
- Typing on IAB.
- Talking on phone.
- Ripping DVD on Laptop 1.
- Burning on Laptop 2.
- Tickling my daughter.
- Working out an algorithm for my current programming project in my head.
- Have a load of washing going.
- Have a spanner next to me cause I`m in the middle of fixing the Pajero.
- BPAYing a bill.

That`s fairly normal.
0
Reply
Male 8,302
> Angilion
> a lion delivering painkillers in a little box around its neck, like a St Bernard dog with a little barrel of brandy.

Davy had that job once. The dog would turn up to dying people with an empty barrel and a note saying "Tanks man begorrah I owe ye one".
0
Reply
Male 1,610
oh god, we`re too late!
0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]Lionhart2... Be careful man. You will awaken the analgilion[/quote]

Is that some kind of pain relief? Sort of like an analgesic?

I have an image of a lion delivering painkillers in a little box around its neck, like a St Bernard dog with a little barrel of brandy.

Which never happened, but we`ve probably all seen the dog with brandy image.
0
Reply
Male 1,610
[quote]You will awaken the analgilion[/quote]

He`s awake and feeding on the intellect of those in another room....and the horror.....oh, the horror!
0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]The functional difference is that most of the time, guys don`t divide their attention (or "slice their time," I guess) between as many different things at once... I think THAT`S what he was trying to point out.[/quote]

I agree that`s probably what she was referring to and that was the tendency I was referring to when I wrote "Here`s some unexpected things about that tendency:"

The currently prevailing sexist stereotyping is that women can multitask (wrong) and do it perfectly without loss of ability in any task (wrong) whereas men can`t do at all what women do so well (wrong). But we`re all conditioned to believe that women are hugely superior to men in this way (and numerous other ways and superior overall), so the two things I mentioned are going to be unexpected to most people.
0
Reply
Male 4,807
Lionhart2... Be careful man. You will awaken the analgilion
0
Reply
Male 3,482
[quote]ii) There`s no difference between the average timeslicing ability in men and women.[/quote]

The functional difference is that most of the time, guys don`t divide their attention (or "slice their time," I guess) between as many different things at once... I think THAT`S what he was trying to point out.
0
Reply
Male 8,302
> Angilion
> Susan is very rarely a man`s name

Not true! I knew a guy, his dad left home when he was three, didn`t leave much to mourn him, just an old guitar and an empty bottle of booze...
0
Reply
Male 3,482
[quote]Woman may feel more pain than men but they sure as hell don`t whine about it as much.[/quote]
Imma just call BS and leave it at that...

As for the color-vision thing, red is the dominant color I see. Is that good? Bad? Like, I`m not color-blind or anything, but I see shades of red a lot clearer than any other color...
0
Reply
Male 7,585
"Woman may feel more pain than men but they sure as hell don`t whine about it as much."

not true, every female i know cries about every bit of pain they ever feel. a man stubs his toe he says "f*ck!" shakes it off and moves on. a woman stubs her toe she says "f*ck!" then continues to cry about it for an hour or so looking down at it every 5 min or so.
0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]Woman may feel more pain than men but they sure as hell don`t whine about it as much.[/quote]

Well, how would tbey find the time in between whining about everything else?

See, burbling out sexist crap is easy. The important difference is that I don`t mean it - I`m only doing it to demonstrate a point.
0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]I like how Angilion spells "favours"


And that`s all I have to say.[/quote]

I`m curious now - is that the correct spelling only in English, or is it also correct in any other variation of English? USA English drops the `u` in a lot of words, but how about Canadian English or Australian English?
0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]another reason for "women cant park" is because women do lots of things at the same time, men only focus on one thing (talking in general of course). Sometimes thats good for women, sometimes it isnt.[/quote]

Here`s some unexpected things about that tendency:

i) Humans cannot do more than one thing at once that requires any conscious attention. So we can multitask subconscious stuff like moving, breathing, monitoring senses, etc, but any task that involves our consciousness is a one at a time deal. If your mind is involved in anything, it`s not involved in anything else.

What humans actually do is timeslicing, not multitasking. Very different things. We switch between tasks, which might seem to be multitasking but isn`t. Of course, that means doing each task worse, as you point out.

ii) There`s no difference between the average timeslicing ability in men and women.
0
Reply
Male 551
Great!
Now I have the perfect excuse...

"Sorry officer... My male ancestors weren`t
berries collectors, that`s why I didn`t
see the red light =/ Evolution is always
a bitch, right?" =P
0
Reply
Male 2,034
I like how Angilion spells "favours"


And that`s all I have to say.
0
Reply
Male 196
@XtifnerX

Okay, I`ll get an epidural and feel nothing.
0
Reply
Male 4,807
Boys named sue turn out ok, sometimes..

0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]*sits and waits for Angillion*

;) lol[/quote]

Hello!

It`s a fairly even-handed collection of trends towards differences, obviously exaggerated for comic effect. They`ve tried for balance and it`s not meant to be serious, so I`m not very offended by it.

I disagree with it, of course, because it`s portraying tendencies as absolutes and that`s wrong, but it`s far less offensive than most stereotyping.
0
Reply
Male 25
damn you Angilion... lol
0
Reply
Female 843
I agree with all but one, and I don`t want to get "yelled at" so I`m not going to name it. But it is so very true about the driving thing, my husband does all the driving unless I absolutely have to. My sense of direction is horrible
0
Reply
Male 25
@beckpratt
written by a man?? you didn`t happen to notice that the author`s name was SUSAN?
0
Reply
Female 570
another reason for "women cant park" is because women do lots of things at the same time, men only focus on one thing (talking in general of course). Sometimes thats good for women, sometimes it isnt.
0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]Women are HORRIBLE drivers. There ARE, however, a few exceptions. Myself, included, but this article was extremely biased toward men, probably due to the fact that it was written by one.[/quote]

Susan is very rarely a man`s name.

6) Favours men.
5) Favours women.
4) Favours men.
3) Favours women.
2) Favours women.
1) Favours men, but not much. A higher tolerance for alcohol isn`t really a good thing.

3 each. The fact that you only see bias against women shows bias in yourself, not in the article.
0
Reply
Male 4,807
OmgZelda
"Then by all means, please get pregnant and deliver a baby through your penis."

Soo.... A baby comes out of a woman urethra?
That doesn`t sound right. I think you might want to look it up somewhere.

0
Reply
Female 1,077
i`m gonna sit around and wait for some feminazis to spout some man-hating crap now.
0
Reply
Female 1,244
This article sucks..none of it is true
0
Reply
Male 4,290
[quote]apparently you can get posted everyday by just linking to the daily cracked.com article[/quote]
Submitting more than 2 links ever helps as well. You should keep trying.
0
Reply
Female 1,593
@Slmmhmmr161 -

Then by all means, please get pregnant and deliver a baby through your penis.
0
Reply
Female 204
Women are HORRIBLE drivers. There ARE, however, a few exceptions. Myself, included, but this article was extremely biased toward men, probably due to the fact that it was written by one.
0
Reply
Male 4,807
Swaywithme
"*sits and waits for Angillion*"

Yea, me too. He should be able to clear all this up for us.

0
Reply
Male 5,314
women are horrible drivers

@xtifnerx

you must not have read the article
0
Reply
Female 247
Woman may feel more pain than men but they sure as hell don`t whine about it as much.
0
Reply
Female 119
I`m a really good driver, I`m great a parking too. I have a highly developed spacial awareness, I know because it is something we were tested on in high school, among other things. I scored in the nineties when most girls averaged in the twenties.

also my boyfriend lets me drive his Mercedes, that`s pretty good evidence of his confidence in my skills.
0
Reply
Male 606
@XtifnerX: Giving birth isn`t as painful as it could be, because a woman`s body creates painkillers. If a man had those same hormones, he could give birth, too.
0
Reply
Female 131
WOW! they have a pic of a woman giveing birth under women are wimps???

*shakes head*

i wanna see a man give birth!
0
Reply
Male 7,585
everybody knows these are true
0
Reply
Male 15,510
More like, Woman stereotypes
0
Reply
Female 3,696
*sits and waits for Angillion*

;) lol
0
Reply
Male 328
apparently you can get posted everyday by just linking to the daily cracked.com article
0
Reply
Female 721
Link: 6 Absurd Gender Stereotypes That Are True [Rate Link] - Argue away, I-A-B. Argue away because you know this one`s going to be offensive to more than a few people.
0
Reply