Noah`s Ark Has Been Found In Turkey

Submitted by: fancylad 7 years ago in
http://www.asylum.com/2010/04/28/noahs-ark-found-it/

Reports say there are stalls for many animals but "not for every species." Legit or another false discovery?
There are 143 comments:
Female 635
even though i was raised in church...i honestly don`t take the bible word for word, i think most of it is a metaphor, just stories that teach a lesson, and i have always thought that the arc thing is also a metaphor, good story and concept, but def a metaphor
0
Reply
Male 2,056
i really want to see how this plays out
0
Reply
Male 12,365
Incidentally, if you`re going with 450 feet for the length of the ark, you have two options:

i) It sank within hours.
ii) Divine intervention.

If you go with divine intervention, why bother with the ark at all? If your god was holding all the animals up anyway, why mess about with a stupidly oversized boat that anyone who knew anything about boats would know wasn`t seaworthy?
0
Reply
Male 167
Noah`s Ark was a space ship. everybody knows that.
0
Reply
Male 193
Lol Turkish and Chinese "explorers".

This is like saying - Turkish and Chinese WoW players discovered ancient elven ruins in their mom`s basement... And they`re 99% sure about it, because they have made rough calculations.
0
Reply
Male 661
"...member of the team from Noah`s Ark Ministries International."

Not a major university, scientific journal, known archaeologist, this alone causes me to doubt. Not to say outright it`s bogus, but I think it`s bogus.

0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]how do we know there weren`t 50,000 different types of cat before `the flood`.[/quote]

The total lack of any evidence of them is a clue, particularly since the flood allegedly occured *within recorded history*.

You can always use "It`s a miracle, God did it" as an answer, but you can`t claim it`s a rational, scientific answer.

How did all this water suddenly get transported to Earth from somewhere else?

Why is there no geological evidence of it? There is geological evidence of lots of flooding all over the place, but not of the entire Earth to a depth of over two miles. Which is not something that could be overlooked.

How did an established, literate civilisation continue through the flood without noticing it?

Just a few of the many questions that can only be answered with "It`s a miracle, God did it".

It`s faith, not reason.
0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]There`s some guessing going on about how big the ark might have been. Well guess no longer, the exact size is given in the bible...

"The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high."

...which is about 1,500,000 cubic feet. It had 3 floors to it giving it just over 100,000 square feet of floor space.

I pass no judgements or personal views, just the facts.[/quote]

It might say that in your bible, but you`re reading a translation. ~4800 years ago in what`s now Turkey, they did not use a unit of measurement standardised in England ~4000 years later.

It might be possible to be sure what units ancient Jews were using 4800 years ago (and it might not) but even that isn`t good enough because it is definitely impossible to know which units the writer of Genesis was using. Cubit is an older translation...but which cubit? They weren`t all the same length.
0
Reply
Male 871
they`re not they are saying heres lots of evidence that proves that a great flood of biblical proportions couldnt have happened please prove it wrong or stop claiming your superstitions should have parity with science and we should accept your faith as evidence!
or something akin to that )-|
0
Reply
Male 11
why are people saying "Christians found a christian thing" and that is proof enough that it has to be fake.

so... if an evolutionist found more evidence to support evolution, it must be fake?
0
Reply
Male 1,540
There sure are a lot of Noah`s Arcs in the world now adays.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
[quote]Some of the more enthusiastic christian scientists who defend the Ark have estimated as few as 2,000 animals were necessary[/quote]
Come on Lionhart, buddy, pull the other one.

"In Other News This Week: Muslim Scientists Prove Link Between Promiscuous Women, Earthquakes"
0
Reply
Male 12,138
[quote]Most mountain ranges were once underwater, This has been proven through basic geology.[/quote]
Woah there cowboy. That`s not basic geology, in fact it`s a gross misrepresentation. It`s true that most mountain belts contain sedimentary rocks, but those were typically deposited LONG before the rocks were tectonically upheaved into a mountain belt.

Take this example: The caprock on Mount Everest is an Orovician Limestone, laid down in a flat, shallow tropical sea about 460 million years ago. The entire Himalaya Mountain Range didn`t even start to form until 70 million years ago, due to collision between the Indian and Eurasian Tectonic Plates.

Please understand that this is akin to stating that the tiles on your roof are made from slate, which is a rock type that is deposited underwater. And therefore making the logical conclusion that your house must have been underwater at one time.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
[quote]the team from Noah`s Ark Ministries International... saying that the structure could not be a human settlement because it was found at too high an altitude[/quote]
So it`s too high up the mountain to be a house, therefore it must be a boat? And found by an "evangelical group"?

Next!
0
Reply
Male 881
We can see the effects of the Ice Age 20,000 years ago. Parts continents that were compressed by the weight of the ice are, to this day, still rebounding. There is a mountain of evidence for the Ice Age 20,000 years ago, but next to nothing for a global flood 5,000 years ago.

Christians are quick to come down on "Atheists" for being superior or insulting, when the obvious problems with the Christian narrative are unresolved. Christians have not put forth a viable scenario for how a boat could end up 13,000 ft above sea level.

It is human nature to call bull when presented with ludicrous arguments, and that is simply what scientifically literate people do when presented with the story of Noah.

You don`t like being ridiculed? Either present a viable explanation, or stop claiming fact when all evidence is to the contrary.
0
Reply
Male 881
To cover the earth to a depth of 13,000 ft would require 486 million cubic miles of water. The estimate of all known surface water (and ice) is only 332 million cubic miles.

Either God would have to add 150% more water to the surface or draw water from underground sources, or a combination. Either way, it would have dramatic and lasting effects on an epic scale.

The pressure at our current sea level would be 5,800 lb per square inch. The pressure at the bottom of the ocean would be over 11,000 lb per square inch.

Glaciers, during the ice age, only 5,000 ft deep, left clear signs (ex. the Great Lakes). Drawing that much water from the ground, in only 40 days, would not just cause sinkholes, but complete rifts that would make the Grand Canyon look puny. 2 1/2 miles of water unevenly distributed (less on top of mountains) would also have epic effects on terrain. The draining of all that water would as well.
0
Reply
Male 4,290
Crakr: Actually, Kurds are the second largest ethnicity in Turkey (after Turks). So there`s no problem with them being let in - they`re already there.
No, I`ve never tried to dig permafrost. Have you? I`ve heard it`s just as difficult as you described.

So they must have the equipment you just mentioned, in order to dig down to the structure they found.
0
Reply
Male 17,511
almightybob1: I read that link and I`m even skeptical of the claim that Kurdish laborers were hired to do this. First off The Turks hate the Khurds with a passion and won`t let them in Turkey at all. Secondly these beams, floorboards, and ceiling are all locked in glacial permafrost. Have you ever tried to dig permafrost ? It`s like concrete and it would take more than 2 years to build a structure like that into permafrost (and it would take jackhammers, large ice melting machinery, etc.

I`m not saying this is the ark, It may just be a very old wooden structure, Possibly built during the medieval warm period (Yes, unbeknown to most people global warming occurred before and it was much hotter then it is now).
0
Reply
Female 79
im so disappointed, i thought maybe someone had been carving up a turkey and found a tiny boat inside :(
0
Reply
Male 795
Well thank god! That settles that! All the religeous people are right! Hey doubters, you hated but.......... oh wait....
0
Reply
Male 4,593
What a load of bullsh*t.
0
Reply
Male 1,023
What do you guys hope to accomplishby argueing like this? Or is it your just bored and have nothing better to do? TR wolf, if the world was still like pangea than the animals would be in walking distance.....eventualy.....
lastly, where creationism and evolution is concerned, there is no silver bullet, there is always an alterier explanation, but, it usually doesn`t involve alcohaul. I do disagree with you, but either way, kudos to you.
0
Reply
Male 5,189
There was no flooding of water. Chuck norris just pissed in the ocean ocean and only told Noah bout it.

Yea I had to do it.
0
Reply
Male 11
"Max_Normal
353 Posts Friday, April 30, 2010 3:54:41 AM
Edgarska19
Because:
a) Men and Dino`s did not coexist, chucklehead.
b) Noah did not exist.
c) If you had a velociraptor, all that would be left would be your thick specs and a pair of stained Y-fronts (even if velociraptors were really only the size of a chicken)."


stfu, he is clearly joking.
0
Reply
Male 500
Edgarska19
"Male, 18-29, Western US
337 Posts Friday, April 30, 2010 3:39:18 AM
someone might have already said this, but why didn`t noah get some dinos?

because fu€k dogs, i want a velociraptor"

Because:
a) Men and Dino`s did not coexist, chucklehead.
b) Noah did not exist.
c) If you had a velociraptor, all that would be left would be your thick specs and a pair of stained Y-fronts (even if velociraptors were really only the size of a chicken).
0
Reply
Male 500
Noah`s Ark Found Near M6 In Birmingham

www.thespoof.com/news
/spoof.cfm?headline=s5i74006
0
Reply
Male 4,290
Former expedition member says it`s faked. Surprise surprise.

They took wooden beams from elsewhere and dragged them up the mountain.
Case closed.
0
Reply
Male 871
So how do you account for the animals that aren`t present in that region? did he take his ship and sail to foreign climes collecting more species?
Or did he beam them aboard with a transporter beam?
So what did they eat on this year long expidition?
How did he prevent the predatory animals eating everything else including him and his family?
And how did one pair each of the `unclean` animals manage to create without genetic mutations killing them off?
What about fresh water and saltwater animals who lived who died?
What about all plant life submerged underwater for so long?
But the big question is why on earth do we continue to allow these ridiculous superstitions to have any influence over our lives!?
0
Reply
Male 1,045
someone might have already said this, but why didn`t noah get some dinos?

because fu€k dogs, i want a velociraptor
0
Reply
Male 4,290
[quote]So Carbon dating can`t be used to prove dinosaur fossils and poo are older than the Earth is according to the Bible, but it CAN be used to prove the age of "Noah`s Ark"?[/quote]

Correct. Carbon dating is not used for dinosaur fossils because its half-life is too short. Carbon-14 can only be used to date up to ~100,000 years. After that, we have to use other radioisotopes with much longer half-lives.

But your point is a good one - the same scientific principles back up most forms of radiometric dating.
If you don`t accept the dating used for million-year-old rocks, you can`t accept the dating used here.
0
Reply
Male 7,378
Come on LionHart2 you`re giving this story credibility? Why does Australia have roos but no moose? Science has already done the legwork and determined that 40 days and nights of the heaviest rainfall ever recorded would not cover the planet.
Whats next? Trying to convince us that you can live in a whale for 3 days?
0
Reply
Male 8,300
> MrHyde
> If it were "Noah`s Ark", it would need two of every species.

No, 7 of each `clean` and 2 of each `unclean`. A few considerations:
1. Very few animals are huge; most are sheep-size.
2. Young animals are smaller, eat less and will breed for longer after the flood.
3. Only `genetically representative` animals were needed... for example, how do we know there weren`t 50,000 different types of cat before `the flood`.

Some of the more enthusiastic christian scientists who defend the Ark have estimated as few as 2,000 animals were necessary, whereas the Ark had room for about 16,000 (see this one, for example).
0
Reply
Male 1,190
"2rd or 3rd in a WEEK" sorry for the error, lol
0
Reply
Male 1,190
Is this the 2nd self-marginalization article by/about Xians or the 3rd, I lose count between the silly GOP antics and the silly Xian antics!

Pure Gold!!!
0
Reply
Female 4
There`s some guessing going on about how big the ark might have been. Well guess no longer, the exact size is given in the bible...

"The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high."

...which is about 1,500,000 cubic feet. It had 3 floors to it giving it just over 100,000 square feet of floor space.

I pass no judgements or personal views, just the facts.
0
Reply
Female 956
People are so idiotic.

Oh it`s a reeeally old boat! It must be Noah`s Ark!

get your heads out of your asses.
0
Reply
Male 494
It saddens me that people consider things like this even a remote possibility.
If it were "Noah`s Ark", it would need two of every species.
If it didn`t have two of every species, "The Holy Bible" is fallacious and it`s some Egyptian boat that has nothing to do with the stories from that bible.
If it did have two of every species, then since the boat is not the size of Texas, it`s just some Egyptian boat that has nothing to do with the stories from that bible.

So, it`s either some Egyptian boat that has nothing to do with the stories from that bible or it`s some Egyptian boat that has nothing to do with the stories from that bible.

Why do they assume it`s "Noah`s Ark"?
Because the media is a bunch of starving wolves and this story is a big juicy tasty publicity steak.
0
Reply
Male 690
bullpoo
0
Reply
Male 516
"No metal at all back then, let alone steel."

Who needs metal when you`ve got God?

0
Reply
Male 2,506
Okay old news, they had discovered this back when mount Ararat was under Armenian control..
0
Reply
Male 1,557
The idea that this ark was built within walking distance of every species of animal is hilarious.
0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]Not to shoot your idea down or anything..but the limit being "Only a couple hundred feet"..really falls flat when you start taking Super Carriers into consideration, just food for thought.[/quote]

They aren`t made out of wood, so it`s your counter-argument that really falls flat.

We`re talking about a boat made from wooden planks fastened together.

For a ship made from wooden planks, a couple of hundred feet. No way were they building metal hulls with modern building equipment and tecgniques millenia ago. No way, not a chance.

Can you find a properly documented *all wooden* ship much over 200 feet? Note *all wooden*. Not wooden with steel reinforcement. No metal at all back then, let alone steel.
0
Reply
Male 147
Wow, Christians find a wood structure and claim it`s the ark so they can add it to all the other Noah`s arks they supposedly found. Forgive me if I think this is as much bullpoo as every other so called ark discovery.
0
Reply
Female 305
Skeptical Candyclown is skeptic.
0
Reply
Male 516
Also, to anyone concerned, there seems to be an issue with the character limits and whatnot. My first post of the two got cut off.

Danke.

-Big Black
0
Reply
Male 516
He brings the shot nearer to his face, and by some miracle, you slap it out of his hands with perfect hand-eye coordination.

`STOP THAT! It WILL impair your senses, and you`ll put us all at risk!`

And so now you`ve got his attention, and you begin to explain, scientifically, why his belief that the drink won`t impair his senses is completely wrong.

-The End-

Now, I know some of you might be saying. `But Paul, Christians ain`t never dun harmed nobody!` and I can see, by your dialect, why you might think that. That`s pretty much false, but that`s not my argument here. In the same way that a Catholic mother might weep for her Agnostic son and continue trying to convert him so he`ll float up to heaven with her when he passes, Atheists have a right to try and disprove Christians.

0
Reply
Male 516
1.) To those of you who are buying into the aforementioned idea of `Why are Atheists so concerned with proving Christianity wrong?` Or, in a more comedic fashion `WHY DUZ U GOTZ TO TRY `N PROOF RAWNG WUT U DUN BELEEF?!`

Well, let me explain it to you by way of analogy. Let`s say you`re at a party with 4 other guys. You all carpooled. 3 of you got wasted pretty damn fast, and your fourth man hasnt` touched a drink yet, so naturally, he`s the designated driver. Now, he`s ignorant of the ways of the booze, so as he reaches for that shot of Everclear, you grab his hand and say `NO!`, which comes out more as `NURR` in your drunken stupor.

`Why?` he asks innocently, unaware of the clear and present danger.

`Because you`re our designated driver, and if you start drinking, especially start drinking THAT, your senses will be impaired.` (Translated from drunk speak)

`No they won`t.` he replies, skeptical of your TRUE intentions behind keeping him from the bo
0
Reply
Female 1,172
"Unless the dig uncovers the fossilized remains of two times the estimated 1.5 million species on Earth, our left eyebrow will remain firmly raised ..."

This sentence didn`t make any sense. lol Didn`t the animals get off the ark in order to repopulate the Earth? I don`t really know anything about the bible, but I would think there would be no animal bones in it...
0
Reply
Male 2,148
So Carbon dating can`t be used to prove dinosaur fossils and poo are older than the Earth is according to the Bible, but it CAN be used to prove the age of "Noah`s Ark"?
0
Reply
Male 363
@sidewyz

Back then they were more or less better fit than the world is now. So they could probably breathe without problem.
0
Reply
Male 172
"Now I see your backing off you claim that religious people are illogical and irrational, But you still belittle faith as `superstition`. You still believe you must teach `those to blind to see`.

You`ve got a mighty big superiority complex going there. Pride goes before the fall, And you`ve climbed a mountain of it. This just goes to prove my claim of your immaturity."

Now you`re really starting to tick me off. Do you even read what I write? I`m not backing off of any claim. I still think that some religious people are too blinded to think logically; others are on the border. However, I never singled anyone out like was done to me.

Secondly, I said to look up the meaning of `superstition`. It means faith. If you`ve read any great essays regarding the topic (such as Plutarch`s "On Superstition") you`d understand what I`m speaking of.

You`re last statement doesn`t need refuting because I`ve already invalidate its warrants.
0
Reply
Male 9,305
""It`s not 100 percent that it is Noah`s Ark," conceded Yeung Wing-cheung, a documentary filmmaker and member of the team from Noah`s Ark Ministries International. "But we think it is 99.9 percent that this is it." So, some room for error then."

Yeah, that`s like someone moving over a half inch on the bus so they feel like they gave you room to sit down.
0
Reply
Male 17
@Angilion
Not to shoot your idea down or anything..but the limit being "Only a couple hundred feet"..really falls flat when you start taking Super Carriers into consideration, just food for thought.
0
Reply
Male 8,300
> sidewyz8

I`m not going to opine on the truth or lack thereof of the Noah`s Ark story, but its obvious that if you covered the ENTIRE earth with water to any particular depth, the atmosphere would `sit on top of it` so to speak. It may well be compressed to some extent between current top and theoretical top, resulting in higher air pressures at any particular height above the `new` sea level, but there`s no actual barrier that keeps it to a certain height. So its possible that if the globe were covered to 10km deep, you`d still have almost the same atmosphere as at present, just 10km higher and higher in pressure.
0
Reply
Female 1,604
just want to point out that in greek myth, before Christianity there was also an ark and a great flood brought on by Zeus for his anger at mortals.. hmmmm
I am not trying to make a debate I am just stating a fact. not saying Greek myth is all factual, however they have found more actual evidence from greek myth (places, items like pottery, statues, things like that) than from what is in the bible
0
Reply
Male 12,365
You know enough, as you raise the right points.

Digging around, I found the height about sea level claimed to be 12,000 feet. Which sounds right, given that Mount Ararat peaks at a bit under 17,000 feet.

Humans can live at 12,000 feet. They can certainly build a structure at that height if the terrain allows. It might, for example, have been some kind of religious site.

You don`t need breathing assistance at 12,000 feet, or for quite some way above that. You do need to gain height slowly though, to acclimatise and to reduce the chance of altitude sickness. The Top Gear presenters, who are far from fit, drove to 18,000 feet without breathing gear. Which is gaining height much too fast and they were suffering for it, but even they would have been OK if they took a couple of weeks doing it.
0
Reply
Female 843
I`m gonna admit right now, I don`t know much about the bible, so I`m kind of going blind right now. But in the article, it says, "the structure could not be a human settlement because it was found at too high an altitude." But when Noah landed on the mountain, was it at a lower altitude that they were all able to survive? They would have had to slowly make their way down the mountain, I would assume stopping along the way and probably making shelters and whatnot. Also, someone posted before that, in the video, they weren`t using any sort of breathing assistance and seemed to be surviving pretty well. But, what do I know...
0
Reply
Male 12,365
[quote]Also, we are still discovering new species of animals every day. im thinking that 2 of every animal may not have been all that many back then, really. Much of the world was still undiscovered.[/quote]

Not as many, but still vastly too many to put in any wooden boat that could ever be built (even with the best modern technology, the limit is only a couple of hundred feet), let alone along with all the food and water they`d need for 40 days, plus exercise space, plus some way to deal with all the dung.

It wasn`t 2 of each, either. That`s a common misconception.
0
Reply
Female 3,828
whether or not you believe in god, the bible, etc, Most religions tell the story of a great flood around the same time. ice age ending? who knows.

Also, we are still discovering new species of animals every day. im thinking that 2 of every animal may not have been all that many back then, really. Much of the world was still undiscovered.

Its hard to say, unless they find some type of proof. It may have just been a large fishing boat.

0
Reply
Male 335
Hey, maybe that`s how the frozen donkey wheel in LOST got there.
0
Reply
Male 1,222
Oh, and that land should belong to the armenians, turkish bastards
0
Reply
Male 1,222
Well i read the other night (cant quote it though) that there was actually a big flood, and a couple of thousands of people died in that area, and the people who studied it found evidence in two different cultures nearby.
That being said, id guess the bibles version of the flood and noahs arc is exaggerated, i understand that then they had to overreact in order to make a point, but that was more than 3000 years ago... Grow up humanity

Besides, what about the kangaroos?? How did he get them there??? Eh? how?
0
Reply
Male 350
This is pretty cool.

Sure, not every fact of the Noah`s Ark story is probably accurate, but the concept of a hero saving a whole village and its animals from a large body of water is probably true. I mean, it happened to New Orleans, why wouldn`t it happen there?
0
Reply
Male 8,300
> xXamwxxXx
> thats weird that they found it in a turkey tho

Yeah!! I mean, how long has the huge frakkin Mt Ararat, the very place where the Bible says the Ark ended up, been in Turkey!? Didn`t it used to be up north somewhere? Did it migrate?
0
Reply
Male 8
A false discovery because the story of Noah`s Ark was stolen from a part of the Epoch of Gilgamesh which is a much older story than Noah`s Ark.
0
Reply
Female 735
ha!
0
Reply
Male 12,365
So...

Without any evidence, we should accept the word of some people that this discovery is a ship at all and that it`s Noah`s.

Despite the fact that it is far, far too small to have held more than a couple of small farm`s worth of animals for 40 days, we should accept it as evidence that the Judao-Christian story is at least mostly true.

Despite the utter lack of geological evidence of a flood covering the Earth [b]to a depth of 12,000 feet[/b] we should believe that too.

12,000 feet. That`s about the average depth of the Atlantic ocean. Over the whole Earth. Leaving no sign, even though it supposedly happened recently.

4800 years ago there were already well established civilisations nearby...which carried on through this alleged flood that allegedly sunk them 12000 feet under water. They didn`t even comment on their sudden change into superhero merfolk and the utter transformation of their entire world, followed by an equally sudden ch
0
Reply
Male 285
thats weird that they found it in a turkey tho
0
Reply
Male 871
@CrakrJak Am I confused or are you!?

`I`m not saying there was a worldwide flood 5000 years ago`

`Your asking if I believe the bible story of Noah, Yes`

Isn`t the story of Noah about a worldwide flood about 5000 years ago? )-|
0
Reply
Male 17,511
yanging: Now I see your backing off you claim that religious people are illogical and irrational, But you still belittle faith as `superstition`. You still believe you must teach `those to blind to see`.

You`ve got a mighty big superiority complex going there. Pride goes before the fall, And you`ve climbed a mountain of it. This just goes to prove my claim of your immaturity.
0
Reply
Male 877
pointless to comment on...its silly!
0
Reply
Male 172
"And that implies that anyone that`s not an atheist like you is illogical and irrational. It also restates your claim to be superior and that you must proselytize your belief. How is that any different than a Jehovah`s witness knocking on your door, Calling you a `sinner`, And saying "you must repent!" ?"

No, it does not. I think it refers to people like you, actually. I did not single anyone out, nor did I implicate a single religion or persons. Just people whom do not think more logically than superstitiously (and, before you say that is condescending, look up the meaning of the latter).

The original post I was defending did, however, single-out Atheists. Do you see the difference?
0
Reply
Male 17,511
vanging: [quote]It seems to be the only way to shed light to those who refute logical, rational thinking.[/quote]

And that implies that anyone that`s not an atheist like you is illogical and irrational. It also restates your claim to be superior and that you must proselytize your belief. How is that any different than a Jehovah`s witness knocking on your door, Calling you a `sinner`, And saying "you must repent!" ?
0
Reply
Female 3,574
[quote]I`ve got BOTH of those, you can have them for $99 each or $150 for the pair, contact me.[/quote]
DEAL! What is your Paypal?
0
Reply
Male 17,511
McDuff73: If God is all powerful, And I believe he is, He can do anything. Your asking if I believe the bible story of Noah, Yes. Can I prove it ?, No. Did the flood cover the `whole earth`, Perhaps Noah thought it did. Being 20 miles out to sea with no land on the horizon could sure make someone think so.

There are many `mysteries` in the bible, That`s why it`s called faith. My faith does not hinge on this discovery being the real ark.

0
Reply
Male 172
"Do you in fact believe that atheists must disprove every religion ? If so, That is a gigantic waste of time and effort.

If your belief in atheism was on solid ground you wouldn`t care."


My beliefs were being belittle in that post, that the post implies my beliefs are not firm and that disproving them reassures myself. Again, this is not the case. Disproving them proves it to those who are otherwise too blinded to see what we believe.

I already answered your question in my response to your quote: It seems to be the only way to shed light to those who refute logical, rational thinking.

My belief is on solid ground; it is that of others for which I worry. To return to a previous of your points, you say that I am too young to share my own beliefs; why, then, do churches and synagogues and mosques and temples indoctrinate the youth?
0
Reply
Male 17,511
yanging: You made the accusation that your `Atheism` was being attacked. I don`t see how [quote`pffftt. You know, for atheists to be non believers, they sure do devote a lot of time and effort trying to disprove what they claim they don`t believe`[/quote]. attacks your belief.

Do you in fact believe that atheists must disprove every religion ? If so, That is a gigantic waste of time and effort.

If your belief in atheism was on solid ground you wouldn`t care.
0
Reply
Male 871
@Lionhart2 you make absolutely no point with that post except to show that there wasnt enough water to cause a global flood of the proportions suggested so they made up a fanciful story of where it possibly could have come from! much like the rest of the bible.
0
Reply
Male 871
@CrakJak so there was no flood covering the whole of the earth for Noah to float his wee boat on?
I`m confused now :-?
`McDuff73: Most mountain ranges were once underwater, This has been proven through basic geology. Even evolutionists know this and don`t dispute that fact` yeah not when the tops of em were thousand of feet above sea level they weren`t.
0
Reply
Male 716
It`s largely thought that instead of the whole world flooding.... only Noah`s area flooded. Some believe it`s the Persian Gulf area.

Oh, and...

"Unless the dig uncovers the fossilized remains of two times the estimated 1.5 million species on Earth, our left eyebrow will remain firmly raised ..."

1. Not enough time to fossilize.

2. If the boat made it... don`t you think the animals would have.. oh.. I don`t know... LEFT THE BOAT?
0
Reply
Male 172
Also, I do believe my efforts at debating have been wasted, as you, CarkrJak, have misinterpreted everything I`ve posited.
0
Reply
Male 172
Crakr: here is the direct quote: "pffftt. You know, for atheists to be non believers, they sure do devote a lot of time and effort trying to disprove what they claim they don`t believe."

If you cannot see the sardonic tone in this sentence then I feel that I am wasting my time.
0
Reply
Male 8,300
> CrakrJak
> If some claimed they found a piece of Buddha`s rob... one of the spaghetti monster`s meatballs...

I`ve got BOTH of those, you can have them for $99 each or $150 for the pair, contact me.
0
Reply
Male 172
"Crakr:McDuff73: Most mountain ranges were once underwater, This has been proven through basic geology. Even evolutionists know this and don`t dispute that fact. "

You misunderstand. The quote that McDuff73 put forth claimed that ALL of the mountains were underwater. Surely water did not completely cover this planet and, if it did, what humans would have been there to record it?
0
Reply
Male 8,300
> McDuff73
> even possible on this wee planet with a limited supply of water

A little ignorance is a dangerous thing. That same Book you`re quoting very specifically says God opened up the `fountains of the deep` AND `the heavens`. Take all the water vapor and water trapped in soil, and there is plenty of water. And wonder about this... since the ancients had no idea how big the earth was, or how much water there was on it, or how high the mountains were in Nepal, if they faked the Genesis account, WHY did they bother explaining the water came from these sources? Why didn`t they just say `water from over the horizon` or `some deep lake somewhere else`? The fact that Genesis specifically describes the source of the water implies knowledge even then, by a people who lived in mostly flat, below-sea-level country, that there wasn`t enough `normal` water in the world.
0
Reply
Male 17,511
yanging: Who here `attacked` your atheism ? Did the mere mention of the words `Noah`s Ark` attack your atheism ? How ? If you don`t believe in God why would you be the concerned in the slightest ?

If some claimed they found a piece of Buddha`s robe, I wouldn`t care. If someone claimed they found one the spaghetti monster`s meatballs, I wouldn`t care. Do you understand now ?
0
Reply
Male 172
Also, good job lumping me in with your stereotypes. Nowhere did I say that I despised evangelicals, nor did I make any allusions to it. I see now that you`re simply writing from stereotype and prejudice. Good day.
0
Reply
Male 172
I`m a Christian, I don`t care if someone else believes on cthulhu, The flying spaghetti monster, ore whatever else. I do care when people act self-righteous and condemn those that do believe. You are no different than the evangelicals you despise.

Defending myself does not mean I`m at the pulpit. I think you might be a bit confused.
0
Reply
Male 8,300
> CrakrJak

You miss my point. I`m not denying the existence of this find, but there have been MANY, many discoveries of Noah`s Ark over the years... at least 10 in my lifetime. The Bible says it settled on Mt Ararat, so voila, anytime anyone finds an old building on Ararat, it MUST be the Ark! Hooray! Its a BIG mountain in one of the earliest-settled areas of the world. There are probably thousands of old buildings under the dirt, built by early farmers who kept livestock, and in common with many other places in the world, the one building stalled humans AND animals at night.

Once the water receded, Noah and his mob would have had to start rebuilding their lives. What would have been the first source of building supplies? The Ark of course. The very first thing they would have done is pull it apart whenever they needed building materials. So forget finding it.
0
Reply
Male 172
@crakr:

So I`m not allowed to defend my position? Someone attacks atheism and I`m not allowed to fire back with my own statements? Reread what my first comment was directed at.
0
Reply
Male 17,511
McDuff73: Most mountain ranges were once underwater, This has been proven through basic geology. Even evolutionists know this and don`t dispute that fact.

I`m not saying there was a worldwide flood 5000 years ago, I`m not saying this is proof of the ark. I said it`s interesting and that I remain skeptical.
0
Reply
Male 172
"It`s easier to yell "Fake!" than actually have an open mind about the possibilities. And yes, they are doing scientific studies on it, seeing as they`ve already run carbon dating on samples. Stop being so close minded, silly atheists. "

I`m not being closed-minded, I`m just waiting for empirical evidence to be presented.
0
Reply
Male 17,511
yanging: You haven`t the life experience to be calling someone`s belief `foolish`. Believe what you want, But don`t be condescending to those that believe differently. It is not your job to be telling people what they should or shouldn`t believe. You yourself may find your current beliefs `inadequate` in the future. Atheism does not need proselytizing, If there is no God why should you care if others believe in God ?

I`m a Christian, I don`t care if someone else believes on cthulhu, The flying spaghetti monster, ore whatever else. I do care when people act self-righteous and condemn those that do believe. You are no different than the evangelicals you despise.
0
Reply
Male 871
@CrakrJak no more so than anyone that believes `The tops of all the high mountains under the entire heavens were at least 20 feet beneath the waters surface` is even possible on this wee planet with a limited supply of water. (Genesis 7:19-20 btw if your wondering!)
0
Reply
Male 820
It`s easier to yell "Fake!" than actually have an open mind about the possibilities. And yes, they are doing scientific studies on it, seeing as they`ve already run carbon dating on samples. Stop being so close minded, silly atheists.
0
Reply
Male 1,505
@failtolawl saying "I`m not saying theories are false because they are theories."

A theory is not a randomly postulated idea that scientists toss around just for the hell of it. It is the strongest statement of conviction that science accepts as fact.
0
Reply
Male 172
Also, regarding the ark: just because it was found at an area that outreaches the realm of ancient humans does not mean that it is a boat. This argument is akin to saying that because there is no definitive answer to the origin of the world that some god must have created it; it is wrong.

We must wait and see what evidence is proposed to us. If we receive sufficient evidence for any such theories they will be brought before the scientific community and scrutinized. Though, like the article said, unless we find the remains of some of those animals, I will remain skeptical.
0
Reply
Male 17,511
Lionhart2: What ever this is lionhart, It appears to be locked in glacial permafrost. That`d be pretty hard to fake. I`m not saying it is the ark, It could be ancient building of some other origin. It`s an interesting find either way.
0
Reply
Male 172
CrakrJak: [i]Who are you at the age range of 13-17 to be telling anyone about anything ? Just because you ally yourself with people who claim to be geniuses doesn`t make you a genius as well. It`s foolish of you to be condescending to other people`s faith.[i]

I`m 18. While I cannot refute the wisdom of experience, how can you claim that my age limits my intellectual ability? I am a rational, thinking human being. Therefore I can make decisions, just as you can, about my life and my faith. I have come to my own conclusions regarding the supernatural and find the current explanations inadequate. So, I guess the questin falls to you: Who are you to judge whether a person is fit to speak of such things or not?
0
Reply
Male 17,511
McDuff73: I see you`re condescension and raise you some satire. You make a monkey out of yourself.
0
Reply
Male 8,300
So, is this the same Noah`s Ark they found on Mt Ararat, Turkey, in 1972, 1981, 1984, 1988, 1993 and 2001? Or is that whole frakking mountain nothing but old boats with dirt thrown on top of them?
0
Reply
Male 17,511
yanging: [quote]Apparantly, we must refute your claims which have no real proof for you to see the foolishness of your ways.[/quote]

Who are you at the age range of 13-17 to be telling anyone about anything ? Just because you ally yourself with people who claim to be geniuses doesn`t make you a genius as well. It`s foolish of you to be condescending to other people`s faith.
0
Reply
Male 871
`pffftt. You know, for atheists to be non believers, they sure do devote a lot of time and effort trying to disprove what they claim they don`t believe`

I think you`ll find that, that time and effort spent is called studying! the thing intelligent people are apt to do when they want to understand stuff, you should try it sometime.
0
Reply
Male 17,511
minitimm: True, Real atheists wouldn`t care if there was evidence for the bible. They wouldn`t be insulting people and making claims that these people are trying to disprove evolution. Only Anti-Christian people would get their panties in a bunch over this. The problem is many atheists proselytize evolution like a religion and get indignant over anyone trying to prove something different.

I`m not saying that what they say they found is real, I`m always skeptical. But for atheists to pounce on this with the knee-jerk reaction of `FAKE` is really telling.
0
Reply
Male 172
"pffftt. You know, for atheists to be non believers, they sure do devote a lot of time and effort trying to disprove what they claim they don`t believe."

Because logic and reason doesn`t work otherwise. Apparantly, we must refute your claims which have no real proof for you to see the foolishness of your ways.
0
Reply
Male 1,265
"the structure could not be a human settlement because it was found at too high an altitude"

So.. `boat` is the logical conclusion?
0
Reply
Male 11
Agreed
0
Reply
Male 2,034
minitimm wins
0
Reply
Male 82
pffftt. You know, for atheists to be non believers, they sure do devote a lot of time and effort trying to disprove what they claim they don`t believe.
0
Reply
Male 11
Edit: No, I`m saying how much he is trying to deny it`s existence of a plausible Noah`s ark
0
Reply
Male 11
No, I`m saying how much he is trying to deny it`s existence.
and evolution is not proven fact, few science is proven fact, just generally accepted theory.
I`m not saying theories are false because they are theories.
I accept evolution, and I am a christian, I just am annoyed of atheists because they think that science has something to do with religion.
0
Reply
Male 36
Wow, "religious explorers" discovered Noah`s ark!?

I`m converted.
0
Reply
Male 155
@failtolawl
you think possibly proving one bible story right proves your religion and destroys scientifically proven fact?
0
Reply
Male 372
Flood stories are common because flooding is common. Just like there are stories of great famine, war, and other such disasters.
Failtolawl... this is FAR from scientific evidence. This is not the first "ark" and it certainly will not be the last.
0
Reply
Male 11

"LazyMe484
Male, 18-29, Canada

More like your skull is 99.9% full of peanut butter. Silly christians..."

so now that there is actual scientific evidence of a bible story, your going to deny it with false metaphors? Now I can see how ignorant Atheists are, now that there entire "religion" is at stake.


0
Reply
Male 2,034
"More like your skull is 99.9% full of peanut butter. Silly christians... "

I`d like to point out that the Noah`s Ark story is found in Genesis, which is also part of the Jewish Torah, and stories of a great flood like Noah`s Ark are found in cultures all over the world. Who`s silly now? Or should I just say incompetent?
0
Reply
Female 547
Of course it`s fake. There wasn`t a flood that covered the WHOLE world and killed all but a handful of people, and there wasn`t a ship the held two of every animal in the WHOLE world. Or maybe there was and that`s what happened to all the unicorns....
0
Reply
Male 10,440
[quote] *goes off to sell a old railway beam as a part of the cross for millions* [/quote]

Its called a tie.
0
Reply
Male 10,440
[quote] "But we think it is 99.9 percent that this is it." [/quote]

More like your skull is 99.9% full of peanut butter. Silly christians...
0
Reply
Male 914
I love how they keep knocking on the wood in the video..."yup, our scientific knocking has led to the conclusion that it is in fact noah`s ark...that accounts for the 0.01% in my first statement."
0
Reply
Male 1,505
Did they gather evidence, make observations, form a hypothesis and test it, concluding this is Noah`s ark...or did they decide this is Noah`s ark and go in there in to try to prove their preconceived conclusion?

They`re evangelical explorers, so there`s your answer.
0
Reply
Male 591
The other thing is, reports of people taking wood and things from near the black sea that age that greatly, and haul them up to ararat, to look like it was the ark. Also, another article debunks this citing evidence about the looks of the inside, not going with what is physically possible for something to get that high up in the atmosphere.. oh well, people will believe what they want, and no one can tell them otherwise..
0
Reply
Male 2,160
so...they found a piece of wood, and its immediatly got to be from the bible...right
*goes off to sell a old railway beam as a part of the cross for millions*
0
Reply
Male 881
To rain to a depth of 13,000 feet in 40 days, it would have to rain at a rate of 2.7 inches per minute, world wide, constantly. Violent rain is considered to be 2, or more, inches per minute.

No archaeologists, no photos of the outside of the ark, no dimensions given, found by a group of Evangelicals. Somehow I have my doubts.
0
Reply
Male 25,416
Im calling fake on this story!
0
Reply
Male 762
@Kadinsky:

Because Turkey is totally in China...
0
Reply
Male 575
Want to know what I think?

I think China `discovered` this find, just to promote tourism. Can you imagine all the Christians of the world going to China? Neither can I ...
0
Reply
Male 4,680
From another article on the same story:
"Nicholas Purcell, a lecturer in ancient history at Oxford University, said the claims were the ‘usual nonsense`. He added: “If floodwaters covered Eurasia 12,000ft deep in 2,800BC, how did the complex societies of Egypt and Mesopotamia, already many centuries old, keep right on regardless?”"

QFT
0
Reply
Male 451
"Unless the dig uncovers the fossilized remains of two times the estimated 1.5 million species on Earth, our left eyebrow will remain firmly raised ..."
ummmm, hello, they left the ark after the flood receded.
0
Reply
Male 17,511
If they find that it`s 5000 year old `Gopherwood` (Lebanese Cedar), Maybe then I`ll get interested.
0
Reply
Male 1,002
It didn`t have room for two of every species on earth? You man that Noah didn`t build a boat the size of California? You mean that Noah was just a farmer who wanted to ferry his family and livestock to a more suitable field when he noticed that the water levels of a nearby sea were slowly rising toward his farm? Shocking!!
0
Reply
Male 31
its not too high of an altitude the explorers were breathing unassisted that means the whole argument they have for it not being a human settlement is debunked right there
0
Reply
Female 3,574
I`m kinda interested in knowing the actual story behind that find though o_o
0
Reply
Male 4,807
IshiiDaFishy
"I remember seeing this on NOVA in like, `92. Get with the times, internets."

That was the old discovery that was later proven false. This is the NEW discovery that will later be proven false..

Pick up a newspaper once in a while and get with the program, would ya!
0
Reply
Male 15,510
"What`s next? Bigfoot Found? JFK was repitilian? Unicorns did 9/11?"

Now that you reveal it, I hope "they" dont "silence" you
0
Reply
Male 773
I remember seeing this on NOVA in like, `92. Get with the times, internets.
0
Reply
Male 2,440
So much fail.

What`s next? Bigfoot Found? JFK was repitilian? Unicorns did 9/11?
0
Reply
Male 599
a better title would be
"Asians dressed as climbers knock on random peoples doors. No one answers."
But seriously. All I saw was a bunch of ice and a cell made of wood.
0
Reply
Male 1,195
Whether it is or isn`t Noah`s ark, finding a giant wooden boat on a mountain is a pretty cool discovery...
0
Reply
Male 4,014
Yeah, its not like this could have been, you know, a wooden building or anything...
0
Reply
Male 372
Oh poo i better start going to church!
*best Borrat impersonation* NAAAAAAWWWT!
0
Reply
Male 2,422
I think this is about the tenth time this thing has been "discovered".
0
Reply
Male 21,021
Link: Noah`s Ark Has Been Found In Turkey [Rate Link] - Reports say there are stalls for many animals but `not for every species.` Legit or another false discovery?
0
Reply