What God Looks Like To An Atheist... [Pic]

Submitted by: fancylad 7 years ago in Misc

And what God looks like to a Christian. A comparison.
There are 180 comments:
Male 440
lol...THAT`S funny, really.
0
Reply
Male 1,013
oops, my world history was showing :o
0
Reply
Female 7
Lmao.
0
Reply
Male 771
Religion is the rationalization behind most of all murderous acts in this world to date!

No, Furpie selfish men with selfish desires are the reason behind most of the murderous acts of the world the same way your using events that implicate religion to be at fault for the outcome to selfishly justify bashing other peoples beliefs.

0
Reply
Male 1,013
Sorry about that mluther. If I cross over to the imaginary land, I wand a few things:
- A subordinate mute wife.
- I want to put a few young girls in cages and drown them in the river (to see if they`re witches)
- And finally, I want to make up a crazy rule and force other people to follow it in the name of dog.
0
Reply
Male 1,023
furpie,stop rationalizing your prejudices.
0
Reply
Male 1,013
@Medicanic: It`s a big deal to me. Religion is the rationalization behind most of all murderous acts in this world to date! There will never be any peace until we get rid of this ridiculous notion of that murderous insecure megolomaniacal deity.
0
Reply
Male 54
who cares really... believe what you will... makes no difference to me.
0
Reply
Male 296
"Rawr lets all fight over religion, just like other holy wars. "

THe only difernece is this is a terrible debate and not called for in the name of a god

0
Reply
Male 833
Rawr lets all fight over religion, just like other holy wars.
0
Reply
Male 8,300
> trailleadr
> (about `How about we all believe what we want to believe and leave others alone`)
> I completely agree. Now let me tell you about Jesus...

Vindictive
> okay, who threw the first bible? was it you?

JOINT WINNERS, I can`t pick one over the other, both made me LOL.

0
Reply
Male 5,626
@HAiMadeURead
You instantly equate the phrases "religion needs to go away" and my own "the world will be better off without religion" each with "ethnic cleansing?"
That says something about the state of your own psyche.
If someone asks you to drive his car to the front of an abortion clinic, DON`T DO IT!

You were the first person to bring up beatings as a means of conversion, everyone else was relying on logic, references and some inference.

0
Reply
Male 670
[quote]so true, even a believer doesn`t have any idea what god looks like.[/quote]

I thought humans were created in God`s image. Does this mean you`re horribly disfigured or have no imagination? :p

0
Reply
Male 3,915
lol trailleadr...i laughed...
0
Reply
Male 29
So....Anyone Watchin the Six nations?
Ireland, ftw! Woooo! If It wasn`t for that %$*& Poitreneau, and his bloody perfect kickin
0
Reply
Female 51
so true, even a believer doesn`t have any idea what god looks like. to an atheist, the blankness is non-existence. to a believer, the blankness is not ever seeing him in person.
0
Reply
Male 715
VV I completely agree. Now let me tell you about Jesus.... :p
0
Reply
Male 2
How about we all believe what we want to believe and leave others alone and get on with our lives.
0
Reply
Female 1,077
also, someone give GosuPaul a medal.
0
Reply
Female 1,077
okay, who threw the first bible? was it you? seriously guys, this is getting old.
0
Reply
Male 1
>HAiMadeURead

Who are you to berate a group of peoples, because they berate you? That makes you just the same. Making generalizations/groupings (I.E. "...you atheists... .") I`d also like to point out, that a fight requires two. So, you cannot act like the peace keeper here, ranting on about they should stop. Every time you reply, you send off another spark into the fire, you keep feeding it. This is just something that you should consider.

0
Reply
Female 5,222
honestly im surprised theres not a picture of white jesus after looking at the preview icon
0
Reply
Male 2,788
It`s not loading..
0
Reply
Male 2
...Basically the same thing, (In my opinion and I`m sure many others)
Honestly, I`m trying to make valid points about why you should stop yelling at us for our beliefs, and let`s stop fighting,
But you athiests, Like just about EVERY athiest I have experienced are just making fun, treating us like stupid 5 year olds, and shoving all religions together, and saying that EVERYONE
that believes in something other then nothing is dumb. Shut up and stop continuing this fight
because I will never stop believing and if you will never start believing. then stop being ignorant. peace or gtfo lol.

And thank you to
_kiersten_
and eggmaster

0
Reply
Male 527
As for Saudi Arabia, the article was specific in what it defined as better or worse in a society. That would be the transmission of STD`s, abortions, etc. I`m pretty sure the abortion rate is close to nil there, and the transmission of STD`s, while most likely not non-existent, is probably lower there than here in the U.S.

My point is that the article was trying to put forth the theory that a society that is heavily based on religious dogma is worse than a society that does not. I`m saying that there are examples that don`t fall into this neatly tied-together theory, therefore the theory needs to be changed. It`s standard scientific methodology.

That`s something all you atheists should stand behind, right? :)

0
Reply
Male 527
Besides, bad choices there in Israel and Saudi Arabia as examples. Israel is torn apart by strife, entirely along religious grounds, while Saudi Arabia has some of the most disgusting examples of oppression of woman in the name of religion. Just saying.

davymid,
Israel`s current issues aren`t entirely due to religion. It has more to do with the fact that the current state of Israel was created out of several Arabian countries, displacing thousands of Arabians (and mostly Muslims), even to the extent of wiping out countries like Kurdistan. It`s more along the lines of what Europeans did to the Native Americans in the U.S. than any type of conflict of religion. (cont.)

0
Reply
Female 99
I told you God was white. The atheists even agree with me! ;-)
0
Reply
Male 5,626
@odeed: "Don`t get into this, most of those people believed in God."

You are speak from your modern perspective.
Before the Renaissance, most of what westerners did creatively had very to do with anything else but Christianity in particular.

If someone was working intellectually on an idea that contradicted the church`s "Earth is the Center of the Universe" theory, they were branded a heretic if they didn`t have friends high in the church.
At the same time, the east had already been working on a more realistic solar orbit model for at least 300 years and maybe 1000 years or more.

0
Reply
Male 40,734
vv I know Tailz120!~ And yet when you try to include Communism or Abortionism in with the Atheists they`re like "oh no! That`s not fair!"
0
Reply
Male 5,626
@Baalthazaq
I don`t know how it is in your part of Asia but, in US, giving someone the finger in traffic is illegal yet, renting a highway sign that literally says "F#@k You!" with a picture of the offending car/driver is not.

@GausPaul
Bible outlawed what?
Read Leviticus 20.
Compare that with what came out of the mouth of a pageant contestant from Beverly Hills this week. Link

0
Reply
Male 18
Once again, they have lumped all Christian groups together. I hate it when atheists are all "HURR DURR THEY`RE ALL THE SAME".
0
Reply
Male 40,734
[quote]a comparison, State by State, of Religiosity vs Syphilis[/quote]
What I`m seeing in your graphic, Baalthazaq, is that states with BIG cities have more syphilis. Religion seems to have nothing to do with it. North Dakota and Mississippi have about the same religosity, but vastly different syphilis rates, eh?
Thanks Baalth for your excellent links! I sure wish more folks would at least TRY to find some support for the nonsense they spout :)
0
Reply
Male 14
@GuardinGnome
The point of this just sailed right over your head, it apparently didn`t even cast a shadow.
0
Reply
Male 2,893
What God looks like to an Atheist?
I don`t think God would look invisible to an Atheist.
God wouldn`t look like anything to them. There is nothing to look at.
0
Reply
Male 116
@ Odeeb: Indeed, most of those people were in fact religious. However, the importance of the church was steadily declining,and views such as deism sprang to life; the belief of god as a watchmaker. If you believe in deism, there truly is no point in praying, and you`re very probably only christian on paper. Just saying.
0
Reply
Male 40,734
[quote]I`ll add that the rest of the world was not `behind` Europe technologically or militarily during all this - LazyMe484[/quote]
Oh right, North & South America had equal technology, society, literature and weaponry in 1100AD /sarc!
The silk road - where European ideas went to improve asia. Yes it was 2-way, lots of good stuff came from asia, but China (in particular) had all the tools to become an advanced civilization, but the Huns set them back, eh?
@almightybob1 - I disagree totally with your Hitler notion. Racial purity is not Biblical, it`s therefor atheistic in nature. Also, that`s 1 of the 5 I mentioned. Mao was secretly a Lutherin? I think not! His policies (and the 10s millions who died because of them) are purely Atheist in nature.
0
Reply
Female 570
@jfactor
well said.
0
Reply
Male 452
"Religion was created to keep the masses to follow certain rules."

Come on, you don`t really believe this, do you? Religion has certainly been distorted as a tool for control, yes, but that`s not why it was created. Jesus outwardly challenged authority (whether you believe it to be true or not), and encouraged others to do so. Also, those times of manipulating the Bible are over in the western world... Do you know how much a priest gets paid? I am telling you, it is nowhere near enough to be tempting fraud option.

0
Reply
Male 452
"How about because doing exactly that is how we got the enlightenment and the dawn of modern civilisation?"

Don`t get into this, most of those people believed in God.

0
Reply
Male 2,850
"Why do people HAVE to disprove what someone else believes in?"

How about because doing exactly that is how we got the enlightenment and the dawn of modern civilisation?

0
Reply
Male 149
Kudos to GosuPaul for the posts.
A few of my thoughts about religion in general, some possibly contradictory, and some possibly thought provoking.
1.Religion was created to keep the masses to follow certain rules. (what better way to keep the unruly masses in line, tell them they will suffer eternal damnation if they don`t adhere to a certain set of rules set forth by a unseen deity)
2.The christian bible regardless of the version should NOT be taken literally. The bible is the word of God translated to paper by man. Many things were most likely taken out of context or taken literally. Most of the bible should be taken as symbolism, NOT LITERALLY.
3.The present bible is probably extremely inaccurate. No telling what kings, queens, dictators and the like have had added and removed over the centuries to suit their own agenda.
4.To all you bible thumpers out ther: Do good in this world because you want to do good not because some omnipotent being told you to.
(C) j
0
Reply
Male 8,300
> daisy822
> ive always gotten god and jesus mixed up. oh well. dont they ahve some sort of fahter-son relationship?

Seriously?? Whatever His name, he is a triune (tri-une = `three in one`) God - God the Father (who walked in the Garden of Eden with A&A), God the Son (Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit (whom you pray to).

0
Reply
Male 162
GosuPaul: Probably one of the most reasonable forumers here.
0
Reply
Male 2,486
OMAIGAWD SRS BUZINESS
0
Reply
Male 4,546
Davymid:
This is a comparison, State by State, of Religiosity vs Syphilis (one of the metrics of your link), applied to individual states as opposed to countries.

Link.

I converted it into "% of total" first, and I also changed it to cases per capita rather than total cases. Feel free to argue for other metrics if you think it`s somehow unfair (it might be, I`ve not put a ton of effort into it).

I`m getting a *slight* correlation against the article, but it is slight enough that it is effectively no correlation at all.

Sources:
Syphilis.
Adherence.

0
Reply
Male 516
As for numero dos, even though I displayed a positive outlook on Christianity with my first answer, I think that it needs to be confronted. Atheists have a right to battle that which they believe is wrong, as do Christians. Seeing as how most atheists aren`t as forgiving as I, and see Christianity as a detriment to society, they have a right to try and eliminate said detriment. What kind of world would it be if we couldn`t? Clashing beliefs will always occur, and they will ALWAYS affect each other in some way. Even if it`s as miniscule an issue as `You Muslim scientists need to spend your damn praying time in the LAB!` It`s still a somewhat sensible reason to get up their butts about their religion.

Anyhow. You all have fun here. Hopefully we`ll get a lot accomplished. *chuckles*

I made a funny.

0
Reply
Male 516
After reading all these comments (I know...Get a life..) I see two big arguments going down.
1.) Religion is useless.
2.) Leave Christianity alone!

In regards to Numero Uno, I`d like to state my opinion in that it`s not completely useless. Let`s analyze for a bit what Christianity has demonized in today`s society. Murder, theft, disloyalty, dishonesty, indolence, disrespect, adultery, and greed. (Some of the 10 commandments). Does anyone here disagree with any of those? Does anyone think "Well shoot, Christianity was the one who made it so I can`t go around stealing and killing?! Screw this! I`m converting to Atheism!" (Please save all facetious "Yes"`s up your buttholes. Thanks.)

In all honesty, Christianity`s done a good deal for us as a society. Disregarding Davy`s farce of a link (You know damn well that comparing Britain and the US will -always- result in skewed data.), I don`t think anyone can offer sufficient concrete evidence to prove otherwise.

0
Reply
Male 4,546
Mornaf:
"You know, the things that actually happened BEFORE the renaissance?"

IGA: 800AD to somewhere between 1300 to 1500AD
Renaissance: 12th Century then the 14th to 16th centuries.

Thus, the IGA WAS before the Renaissance... if I have to explain how counting works...

You are also making the fallacy, that you are not an non-nice individual by copying the acts of non-nice individuals, especially when it is done in a public forum rather than towards those specifically that offend your delicate sensibilities.

You should argue against those people. When someone cuts me off in traffic I don`t rent out a billboard that says "F*ck You" on my nearest highway. I give *that jackass* the finger.

0
Reply
Male 26
(Just joking)...(laugh now)
0
Reply
Male 26
At first was like "Loading problem?" and then i was "OOOOHHHHHH!!!!lol"

Anyway... so the sky and a bush and whatnot told us that this guy named jesus was his son and that we should worship his son... and then we did... Imma have a kid and call him jesus and be like "Hail him!" and hopefully things will work out..


(Just joking)...(I am a pretty pretty little girling laugh now)

0
Reply
Male 820
[quote]You`re ignoring everything that lead up to the renaissance.[/quote]

Oh, you mean like the Egyptian civilizations?
or the Greek civilization?
you know, the things that actually happened BEFORE the renaissance?
true, the Islamic golden aged caused an advancement of those areas, but the scientifically minded advance in science whether there is religion or not.

Though there`s a lot less repression if there isn`t religion.

0
Reply
Male 820
Baalthazaq:
I do not point only to nutjobs like westboro as my example of Christianity.
I instead point to those who yell and scream at any store that does not say "Merry Christmas"
I point to those who say that we should never question religious texts, because they say they are true.
[quote]You do not quietly practice your beliefs.[/quote]
I announce my belief that religion is idiotic, simply because the religious announce their beliefs. And why should I simply sit back and take their bullsh-t?
And yes, you don`t have to take mine, that is why there is such a thing as discussion.
0
Reply
Male 337
rofl so true.
0
Reply
Male 67
Why does this guy get away with such horrible trolling? I think I`d prefer reading Digg comments to this crap.
0
Reply
Male 4,546
And 89% of people would rather throw out joke quotes rather than look up simple verifiable facts.

I`m not arguing that there is causation. I`m arguing that several people have been happy to toss out correlation without causation.

I`m pointing out that you (objectively) lose that fight. You lose it horrendously. It is an embarrassment how horrendously that fight is lost.

0
Reply
Male 4,546
Mornaf:
"That`s just it, they don`t just quietly practice their beliefs"

1) You do not quietly practice your beliefs.
2) "They" do for the most part. Sure you can point to Westboro Baptist Church (used on IAB to represent Christianity ~10% of the time when they represent just under 0.00001% of it), and go SEE! "THEY" ARE non-nice individualS, WE SHOULD BE non-nice individualS BACK! but you`re talking about a group here smaller than the IAB commenter.

Basically, IAB provides more evidence, better evidence, a greater sample size. You could label Atheism based on the comments on IAB, and be more intellectually honest than using the WBC (who, as I said are 100`000% over-represented on IAB).

So, maybe "You" should look inward a little before commenting on how "They" behave.

0
Reply
Male 833
89.124% of all stats are made up on the spot.
0
Reply
Male 4,546
1) LOL at having a graph of "Science".
So what you`re saying is, in 1000BC there was 15 science, then in 2000AD there is over 200 science. P.S. You`re ignoring everything that lead up to the renaissance.

2) Davy, your comparable countries are chosen on what metric exactly?

If you want to do honest debate on causes and results, lets do that.

If you all want to just yell out "There are more catholics in prison! Explain!" then 60% of all genocide in the last century is Russia and China.

In a fair fight of "counting the kills" Atheism loses in a massive landslide. 60% of all genocide perpetrated by 15% of the world population.

That`s a ratio of 80 to 9.

If you want a debate, do it.
If you want to point a finger at trends, shove it far enough up your ass that it prods the bit of brain that knows stats.

0
Reply
Male 833
I find it interesting that atheism is rapidly on the rise (in the US) at least.
0
Reply
Male 7,830
pushy religous people are equally as annoying as pushy athiests. sorry, thats all i have to say.
0
Reply
Male 833
"From what I can see, half the time its the atheists starting the damn argument about religion...its pathetic."

Yet atheists are waaay more persecuted than Christians are, didnt you see the atheist billboard post? Christians just get more angry when someone says something they see as blashphemy. (yes there are still plenty of decent religious folk out there, just not as a group)

0
Reply
Male 820
[quote]But...if that religious person LIKES to believe in God, and an afterlife, and never bother YOU with their beliefs, then what is the problem? I mean, who really gives a sh*t if someone believes in something, if they aren`t acting like an insane bigot?[/quote]
That`s just it, they don`t just quietly practice their beliefs, they instead demand that everyone follows their moral codes. They then use those codes to attempt to manipulate followers into giving time, money, and well, anything they want.
0
Reply
Female 1,043
ive always gotten god and jesus mixed up. oh well. dont they ahve some sort of fahter-son relationship? i dunno, i always zoned out during church...:\
0
Reply
Male 5,626
@HAiMadeURead
Well I leave you with one last thought on the topic:
The first person to propose violence as a means of conversion was HAiMadeURead. Before now, do you see any post saying "religious people need to be wiped out?"
I haven`t looked...
0
Reply
Male 8,300
> Avalessa
> God looks like a copyright logo?

Well naturally, who else would have the copyright on Everything?

0
Reply
Male 2,402
Geez does everything have to be seen in the visible light spectrum to be real?
0
Reply
Female 491
God looks like a copyright logo?
0
Reply
Female 1,244
BUT I really don`t like how IAB is always being anti-christian
0
Reply
Female 1,244
Well this is true..I mean to a Christain Jesus is just a human form of God, but God (the father) really doesn`t look like anything or anyone.
0
Reply
Female 1,682
But...if that religious person LIKES to believe in God, and an afterlife, and never bother YOU with their beliefs, then what is the problem? I mean, who really gives a sh*t if someone believes in something, if they aren`t acting like an insane bigot? I have met many many Christians who were smart, friendly perfectly fine people. From what I can see, half the time its the atheists starting the damn argument about religion...its pathetic.
0
Reply
Male 12
it sno use being an atheist when every christian you see always has the who created what and all that its a never ending circle of useless beliefs and disbeliefs
0
Reply
Male 1,455
"To be honest, I find atheists more annoying then religious people now."

In a society saturated with theism, only the atheist has something to complain about. People are finally starting to demand secularism rather than religion as the de facto standard in society.

0
Reply
Female 1,682
To be honest, I find atheists more annoying then religious people now. Every sign of religion and they just HAVE to try to disprove it, or battle their beliefs...I mean, if someone isn`t shoving their religion down your throat, then why do you HONESTLY care? I swear its just something to argue about. Also, trying to shove your non-belief down someones throat is JUST as ignorant and stupid as a religious person doing the same.
0
Reply
Male 496
@ Eggmaster

It`s not bashing religion, it`s making a factual statement. Can you show me what god looks like? No. The fact is christians seem to get up in arms about anything to do with religion because they are insecure and afraid of the truth.

0
Reply
Male 1,455
Hey, eggmaster, the Holocaust called. They want you to take your laissez-faire ridiculous optimism and go stuff it.

Also, the Dark Ages weren`t dark because they were exceptionally awful times to live- no more so than most of the Middle Ages. They`re `dark` because right after the fall of the Roman Empire, language, culture, and politics all over Europe went into a state of flux and very little is recorded of the period. They`re the `dark` ages because we know so little about them.

0
Reply
Female 257
hey lionhart, pass the popcorn!
0
Reply
Male 1,265
idk i`ve seen tons of pictures of jesus maybe the cartoon guy lives in a cave???
0
Reply
Male 60
Why do people HAVE to disprove what someone else believes in? If you believe in it, it`s true, to you, and that`s all that matters. Why do we have to bash religion? It gives people hope. Is that what all this is about? taking hope away from millions? Why can`t people just get along instead of trying to figure out who`s wrong. Both of them will be wrong, and both of them will be right.
0
Reply
Male 842
Ok, I`m a Christian, and I thought that was hilarious. Took me a few seconds to get it, but when I did I couldn`t stop laughing.
0
Reply
Male 10,440
[quote] It`s not funny to make fun of religion when people care so deeply about it. [/quote]

Yes it is.

Oh, and there goes 5cats, stretching the truth, as usual...

You`ll find that Europe didn`t come up with much ground breaking discovery during the middle ages.

But your right about the chart being a bit exaggerated. The `dark ages` in a historical sense was the period after the fall of Rome up to the early middle ages... around 1000. 600 years of stagnation - a true return to ignorance. Although chistianity is mostly to blame, there were others that played a part... the Huns for instance.

Anyway things didn`t really take off until the renaissance, and I`ll add that the rest of the world was not `behind` Europe technologically or militarily during all this.

0
Reply
Male 8,300

0
Reply
Male 4,290
5Cats - none of those people killed in the name of atheism. Nobody ever says "I killed him because no god told me to".
And Hitler wasn`t an atheist. He repeatedly makes references to God in Mein Kampf.
0
Reply
Male 118
5Cats:
The rest of the world already caught up. Are you familiar with the Silk Road?
0
Reply
Male 526
CodeJockey.... Satan doesn`t really have the power to kill...... He leads men astray and then God, seeing that the fool fell for satan`s traps, kills him.
0
Reply
Male 40,734
[quote]Are YOU serious? People kill each other in the name of religion... - Farticus[/quote]
Oh, we`ll just gloss over Stalin, Hitler, Lennin, Mao, Pol Pot...
Yea I can go on like this too, eh?
But mostly the whole "lets bash Christians" thing is getting BORING.
And about that graph showing the "Dark ages gap" what the F*** is wrong with the rest of the world? They had 800+ years to catch-up, and still the Europeans had to do ALL the work. YEah yeah, a few things were invented by non-Europeans during that time, and largely ignored until Christians got ahold of the technology & put it to good use...
0
Reply
Male 1,505
I gotta go with LuckyDave on this one.
0
Reply
Male 5,189
For a second I thought my page was loading slow.

Lllaaawwwlll.

0
Reply
Male 2,690
Not really funny at all.
0
Reply
Male 29
I don`t think it`s a god doesn`t exist post... We don`t believe in a god, thus, the blankness. The majority of those who are part of "the big three" believe in a god with no corporeal form, therefore, the believers blank. Cool perspective on it though, :)
0
Reply
Male 601
*sigh*

Although I have to admit that I enjoy a good religious debate now and again, this post only aims to insult, rather than rationalize, religion.

0
Reply
Male 675
We need to stop revisiting this "God" topic, the same things get said over and over again. The atheists aren`t going to start believing, and the religious won`t stop believing, so lets call it a draw, pass the peace pipe, and move on.
0
Reply
Female 573
Oh wow, another "God isn`t real thread." It`s not getting old or anything...

Moving On.

0
Reply
Male 8,300
> davymid
> linky saying the world would be so much better without religion

Of course, to get all technical about it, there wouldn`t even BE a world without Religion (since God is supposed to have created it in the first place).

Haha defeated you with my Circular Wheel of Power! Kabamm!

0
Reply
Male 9,305
Great! Now you two have common ground. Get along. :D
0
Reply
Male 12,138
[quote]So, if the logic follows through, then places like Israel and Saudi Arabia are cesspools of iniquity, while places like Russia and China are utopian societies. [/quote]

If you read the article, it only compared comparable countries, specifically prosperous democracies (Western and Northern Europe, North America etc).

Besides, bad choices there in Israel and Saudi Arabia as examples. Israel is torn apart by strife, entirely along religious grounds, while Saudi Arabia has some of the most disgusting examples of oppression of woman in the name of religion. Just saying.

0
Reply
Female 3,574
*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
0
Reply
Male 14
My sky daddy can beat up your sky daddy!
0
Reply
Male 533
so god IS white...
0
Reply
Male 527
So, if the logic follows through, then places like Israel and Saudi Arabia are cesspools of iniquity, while places like Russia and China are utopian societies.
I do not pretend that we live in the greatest society on earth. But I`m not convinced by one article`s "proof" from a study that society is worse off. If you look (or wait) long enough, there will be studies that refute this claim. So, which to believe?
As for me, I believe religion to be an integral part to society. But I do not believe that that religion should exert undue influence upon the legislation of that society. Religion should guide personal choices, not society as a whole. Allowing undue influence by any factor is counterproductive to a republic, where each individual is responsible for their own livelihood.
0
Reply
Male 5,194
Oh BOY! ANOTHER RELIGIOUS WAR ON IAB! WHEEE....
0
Reply
Male 14
"thats also wat my face looks like wen i see these jokes...blank"

hehehe... Win.

0
Reply
Male 2,850
On the flipside, IkeRay, don`t you think people would spend more of their time making the world a better place if they knew that they didn`t have a second life to go to, that this is all we get, so we`d better make it good while we have it?
0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv "Are you serious? How can you say that the world would be so much better without religion?"

Linky to research that shows exactly that...

0
Reply
Male 2,850
Oh, and who here said that religion is good because so many people resist temptation because a book told them to?

Those aren`t good people. Those are obedient people, obeying good instructions. I want good people, not obedient people, because sometimes the instructions are anything but good.

0
Reply
Male 5,626
@LazyMe484
LOL!!!!!

Try this one some time:
How many people does God kill in the bible?
How many does the other guy?

0
Reply
Female 446
As a catholic, i believe in God even if i can`t see or hear him. It`s called FAITH. I do not critique others who have other beliefs...to each his own. Amen.
0
Reply
Male 2,703
"Are YOU serious? People kill each other in the name of religion. They torture each other in the name of religion. They commit genocide in the name of religion. They commit terrorism in the name of religion. Etc..."

thats one of the downsides of religion and its the whole reason we aren`t in flying cars or some other randomly awesome technological advancement (dark ages), but religion has taught people morals and given lots of people a reason to keep living. how many humans do you think would live 75+ years and be kind to others if you told them what you do these 75 years mean NOTHING? most would be looking out for number 1, yet with this "god is judging you" or "you will be reincarnated as a roach", people are more likely to think twice about their actions.

0
Reply
Female 317
Way to bring the drama IAB. Plus it was not funny.
0
Reply
Male 2,850
To the respondent`s below; the caption says Christian, the image itself does not. So fine, I suppose you can rightly say that IAB is being anti-christian. But the image itself? No.
0
Reply
Male 48
@SPrinkZ: "Then why are most people who are in prison...catholic, or christian? Can you explain that?"

where do you get that fact? Its probably because (assuming your being factual at all) many convicts convert either because they see it as a way to make their life better or to be let out with good behavior.

0
Reply
Male 10,440
[quote]If there was no religion people wouldn`t even hesitate to kick your dumbass for laughing at other people`s ideals and beliefs.[/quote]

But wait! If there was no religion, there would be nothing to laugh at! This person it an idiot!

There is surely a massive media conspiracy covering up all those Atheist murderers... Clearly those Atheists go on daily killing and raping sprees with no bible to tell them what to do...

... oh wait! The bible actually says...

Yea I could go on with this for a while.

0
Reply
Female 1,324
Fartacus

I agree fully. Half the problems we have are due to religion, and sometimes even the same religion, just a different reading of the exact same book. And whoever said that first part, there are lots of Athiests who are good people. You don`t need a bible to tell you what`s good and what`s not, it`s called your own ethics/morals!

0
Reply
Male 12,138
[quote]Then why are most people who are in prison...catholic, or christian?[/quote]

Wait, catholic IS christian.

0
Reply
Male 15,510
I think I saw a dot inside the believers box
0
Reply
Female 529
"Are you serious?
How can you say that the world would be so much better without religion?
Do you understand how many people try so hard to resist temptation because they`re trying to be a good person like the bible says to?"

Are YOU serious? People kill each other in the name of religion. They torture each other in the name of religion. They commit genocide in the name of religion. They commit terrorism in the name of religion. Etc...

0
Reply
Male 2,307
"How can you say that the world would be so much better without religion?
Do you understand how many people try so hard to resist temptation because they`re trying to be a good person like the bible says to?
If there was no religion people wouldn`t even hesitate to kick your dumbass for laughing at other people`s ideals and beliefs. so shut up and dont mock other people. Because if everyone was like you and thought that their opinion was the only `rational` one, then the only decisions that would be made would be the ones that only benefit the party making them."

Then why are most people who are in prison...catholic, or christian? Can you explain that?

0
Reply
Male 10,440
I`m also happy to say that its Zeus in the picutre and not Yawhoo or All-haha or whatever, and that, as a Hellenist, my religion is the one true faith.
0
Reply
Male 10,440
There is actually a picture of god on the `believer` side, its done entirely with the color 0R 0B 1G, so its almost perfectly white. If you open the picture in paint and fill the white area with another color, you`ll be able to get the outline.
0
Reply
Male 5,626
@HAiMadeURead

Do YOU realize how much normalcy is ILLEGAL in the US because of religion in place where people were TRYING to separate church and state?

Just off the top, try say "The world is older than 5000 or so years" in a Louisiana public school.

Following your own logic, try looking up crime statistics and cross reference atheism by populous. The graphs are inverse, the most atheist nations have the least crime per cap.

0
Reply
Male 1,190
Daily Fat people and daily bashing of Xians, guess which one brings me back everyday, lol.
0
Reply
Female 45
OMG! It`s a perfect likeness! Whoever made this picture is a really good artist!
0
Reply
Male 119
uh. christian`s aren`t the only one`s that believe in a god(s)
0
Reply
Male 1,351
Ummm...believer does not necessarily mean Christian. Come on IAB, get your act together!
0
Reply
Female 365
so if same on both sides why do atheists have trouble believing in God?
0
Reply
Male 542
"Why so religious IAB!"

/agree

0
Reply
Male 12,138
[quote]Am I the only one who understands that this is a jab at atheists because they see the same thing in both squares?[/quote]

The irony is delicious.

0
Reply
Male 312
@CodeJockey

I think I love you. If science permitted it, I would have your babies.

0
Reply
Male 25,416
Why so religious IAB!
0
Reply
Male 25
Am I the only one who understands that this is a jab at atheists because they see the same thing in both squares?
0
Reply
Male 5,626
blk954: "So...being that CHristians are "meek"..."

When and where were Christians ever meek?
- Less than a month ago, a plane on the way to Louisville emergency landed and had arrested a Jewish kid for PRAYING.
- Abortion clinic bombings, physicians gunned down.
- Catholic hierarchy supported final solution.
- Rampant corruption caused church to execute Reformation.
- Guess you never considered what kind of people would originate a phrase like "burn the witch."
- The Inquisition.
- The Crusades.
- The Dark Ages as in the very real anti-scientific perspective imposed by the Christian church. We`re still suffering from that one...
- After Jesus` crucifixion, Christianity was illegal until around 310CE when it was made legal and forced to a consensus by Constantine who hoped to save the empire which was suffering from seemingly random burnings (terrorist acts) of Roman temples and of rival Christian factions` sanctuaries and libra

0
Reply
Male 256
thats also wat my face looks like wen i see these jokes...blank
are we done with religion yet?
0
Reply
Male 353
KREMBILL: Erm, there is no mention of Jesus or Christians here... and btw, we all know what Jesus looks like.

Which Jesus? The one that is in the last supper? The images that Europeans have painted during the Renaissance? Or, an actual likeness of what a Jewish person would have looked like 2000 years ago?

0
Reply
Female 3,726

Are we happy now kiddies?

0
Reply
Male 353
"I actually looked at it for a sec, waiting for it to load."

Religious people do that when they pray.

0
Reply
Female 95
@SparkleBabys
me too - i was thinking my laptop was being slow... love it!
0
Reply
Female 3,726
hahahahaha....I love it!
0
Reply
Male 154
haha. religon needs to go away. so much more good stuff could happen, and decisions would finally be made on rationality.
0
Reply
Male 29
Quit making cartoons about me!
0
Reply
Male 505
I actually looked at it for a sec, waiting for it to load.
0
Reply
Male 7,830
i think he looks like a fat monkey, with wings, red eyes, and a long grey beard.
0
Reply
Male 7,933
idk, thelargeone...I can`t remember IAB ever having respect for much anything
0
Reply
Male 103
I love the people that are saying I-A-B is "afraid" to show a picture of Allah or Muhammad. Have you ever thought that maybe it was out of respect that they don`t do that? Nowhere in the Bible does it say that you can`t show a picture of god or Jesus, yet in the Quran, it forbids showing a likeness of Allah or Muhammad.
0
Reply
Male 7,933
Musuko42
Male, 18-29, Europe
341 Posts
[ Delete Post ] Saturday, February 27, 2010 10:59:11 AM
@Webz.

How arrogant of you to assume that this is talking about Christianity; many other religions also believe in a single "god".

Persecution complex much?
==========================================

You mean aside from the fact that the caption specifically states the word christian?

0
Reply
Male 7,933
""What god looks like to a believer", "what the tooth fairy looks like to a believer" would be a better pair of captions, and hopefully make people realise what a fallacy religion is"

Oh, do explain, I am really interested in hearing this.

0
Reply
Male 185
Wait wouldn`t god look like us? That is if we were made in his image?
0
Reply
Male 185
KREMBILL: Erm, there is no mention of Jesus or Christians here... and btw, we all know what Jesus looks like.

Erm.....being that CHristians believe in the TRINITY (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit)..you ARE invoking the name of Jesus and Christianity. You ignorant a**hole.

0
Reply
Male 185
vE....you got it EXACTLY RIGHT!!!! You would NEVER see IAB or any other site like this make fun of Allah or Muhammed because they are scared to DEATH of the Muslims. So...being that CHristians are "meek" - they attack them. What CHristians should do is act MORE like Muslims!
0
Reply
Male 2,748
HA! thats great
0
Reply
Male 127
granted IAB is too afraid to show a drawing of Allah or Muhammad
0
Reply
Male 496
"What god looks like to a believer", "what the tooth fairy looks like to a believer" would be a better pair of captions, and hopefully make people realise what a fallacy religion is
0
Reply
Male 771
@ Musuko also the title of the pic at first said what Jesus looks like to an atheist, I guess they fixed it after I made my comment. So its pretty much safe to assume it was aimed at Christianity.

Context clue FAIL!

0
Reply
Male 559
This one is funny. I like these post that poke fun at religion.
0
Reply
Male 32
Controversy is good for `Hits`...
0
Reply
Male 1,815
The preview pic is misleading :O
0
Reply
Male 2,372
I agree, Webz.

Since when did IAB become so obsessed with becoming an anti-Christian web site?

0
Reply
Male 4,793
"wow you must be very dense, webz. or christian.

...same thing.

Look IAB, I can do it too!"

marry me???

0
Reply
Female 3,828
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
0
Reply
Male 97
@Musuko,

I think Webz had reasonably believed that because the subtitle is (1) What God Looks Like To An Atheist... [Pic]. And what God looks like to a Christian. A comparison, and (2) because the picture heading into this link has a picture of Jesus on it.

0
Reply
Male 2,850
@Webz.

How arrogant of you to assume that this is talking about Christianity; many other religions also believe in a single "god".

Persecution complex much?

0
Reply
Male 97
What air looks like to an atheist, what air looks like to a believer.
0
Reply
Female 956
wow you must be very dense, webz. or christian.

...same thing.

Look IAB, I can do it too!

0
Reply
Male 541
Since this is a religious post on IAB I can only assume it`s yet another cheap stab at Christianity but I`m failing to see the joke/argument on this one.
0
Reply
Male 2,148
Blacked: You were just saying "inb4 religious debates" but in more words? That makes you a douchebag, anyways.
0
Reply
Male 3,425
Come on people, how could one NOT believe in a huge invisible guy?!
0
Reply
Female 1,112
HAHAHA I thought it was having trouble loading!
0
Reply
Female 62
@ElDavo;

I wasn`t complaining. This is exactly what I meant. Great job on proving me right.

0
Reply
Male 58
"Erm, there is no mention of Jesus or Christians here... and btw, we all know what Jesus looks like."

really? I guess you`ve seen "THE" picture of him then?

0
Reply
Female 182
@WarX
Cool story bro
0
Reply
Male 50
xBlackedx...
yes
0
Reply
Male 1,091
Erm, there is no mention of Jesus or Christians here... and btw, we all know what Jesus looks like.
0
Reply
Female 1,593
I love it!
0
Reply
Female 15,763
WarX, we don`t first post here. Take a few days to think about it.
0
Reply
Male 771
....There`s no picture did the Headline mean God?
0
Reply
Male 164
Brilliant!!!! o:-) }-)
0
Reply
Male 2,148
Blacked: No one said you have to read the comments. Hell, you don`t even have to come to this site. Quit complaining. If you don`t like the posts, you don`t have to click on the links.
0
Reply
Male 1,013
Incorrect, As an atheist, I see god as a cartoon character that is the worlds worst smarmy megolomaniacal murderous insecure a-hole. The believers see the same thing but ignore all of the adjectives.
0
Reply
Male 141
What GOD looks like.
Jesus looks like whatever the dominant genotype looks like in the region he was drawn in.
0
Reply
Male 606
AWESOME.
0
Reply
Female 62
Hey, IAB, how about we stop uploading religious bullsh*t and avoid the oncoming flood of people arguing over it? Just sayin`.
0
Reply
Male 20,903
Link: What God Looks Like To An Atheist... [Pic] [Rate Link] - And what God looks like to a Christian. A comparison.
0
Reply