Log in with a social network:
Log in with your username or email:
If god was real, I don`t feel that I would like him or be happy to worship him.
Although of coarse there are some salvageable pieces of the bible. Not many, but some. A lot of these teachings are basic, though, and can be found in many aspects of different cultures and religion.
handys003, you fail hard.Pooptart 19 Learn to read the context of a sentence! E pili mau na pomaikai me oe lôlô!
oh, yes yes, I haven`t earned your respect, still, on the matter you stated;I still do not respect organized religions.
Those brilliant scientists, yes, I respect them and their additions to science; but I do not respect their religion.
What have you done to earn my respect? Do you instantly deserve my scorn instead?
(And incidentally, as I`ve said earlier, the reason you have a scientific method is the progress made by Muslim scientists changing the status quo from rational inquiry to empirical methods.
This in turn is the result of the emphasis on both empiricism and literacy brought about back in the day by religious obligation and practice.
This in turn led to a hell of a lot, which in turn led to the Renaissance.
So there`s one thing.)
Just so we`re clear. Klan Rally > Stereotyping > Off the cuff ad hominems.
One is: "I think there`s a God" "drat you because of that".The other is: "I think there`s a God" "I disagree".
One is acceptable, the other is not. (Taking a pre-emptive strike here, yes, it is freedom of speech, but so is a Klan rally. I`d still call the rally "unacceptable".)
What is more unacceptable however, and what happens every time I post on these forums, is the stereotyping.
If I post a point about religion, in every other case I get attacked for not believing in Evolution.
*I DO BELIEVE IN IT, AS DO ~40-60% OF THEISTS, AS DOES THE FRIGGING POPE*
There is always, without fail, a tirade against "my beliefs", almost all of which turn out to be "the beliefs" of some stereotype in their head.
Just live life in the way that makes you happy, without harming others. That way, in the end, you`ll have no regrets.
I`m an atheist, I just can`t get my damn profile to change.
I disagree. If a religious person believes that gays shouldn`t have the right to marry, or something along those lines, I refuse to simply let them believe in whatever they want. I mean, I won`t bash anyone for simply believing in God. But the minute they have some sort of discriminatory belief, I won`t just accept it.
Constructive elements of deist thought included:God exists, created and governs the universe.God gave humans the ability to reason.God wants human beings to behave morally.Human beings have souls that survive death; That is, there is an afterlife.
oh and dousen....http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm...
there ya go....from 12/21/09 :)
Alright, but likewise the Non-religious folk must adhere to the following rules as well:
1) You must not Judge other people based on the fact that they have a religious preference regardless of what that preference is or how you feel about it.
2) You must respect all religious persons beliefs and not bash or degrade their veiws simply because you do not believe them yourself.
3) You must keep your non-religious views seperate from all religious affairs and not seek to engage in conversations with religious persons for the sole purpose of "proving them wrong" or antagonizing them about their beliefs.
It was really well done.
1. You must not judge other people based on their religious preference unless they do not comply with this list. inb4 recursion.
2. You must keep your religion separate from your knowledge of science and mathematics unless (in rare cases) they both agree with each other.
3. You must not promote or influence any unusual moral judgement upon others in an uncomfortable setting. Ex: Don`t go wave a "God hates fags" sign. I know they do have a right by the first amendment, but they must practice decent human behavior.
handys003, you fail hard.
It`s like basing your knowledge of the USA`s secret technology off a tabloid magazine.
You don`t know the answer.
That`s the end of it.