God, He`s Kind of a Jerk Sometimes Isn`t He [Pic]

Submitted by: fancylad 8 years ago in Misc

A little passive-aggressive there, eh Holy One?
There are 135 comments:
Female 1,283
Wow, that`s pretty funny lol.
0
Reply
Female 21
I`m pro choice, but this is pretty funny.
0
Reply
Male 463
wow... christians really know how to kick ass
0
Reply
Female 67
less of the human race! yay! ^____^
0
Reply
Female 1,077
i`m very pro-choice, but this is hilarious.
0
Reply
Female 4
This reminds me of the movie Idiocracy.

Also, using a bunch of off-the-wall what-ifs do not prove a point.

Still, a bit creative.

0
Reply
Male 1,003
LOL
I disagree. Chances are that kid will grow up just like his parents, and have children at 15, just like his parents. Like father, like son, or daughter like mother... Whatever.
0
Reply
Male 17
Reminds me of a joke:

A devout christian in his home gets caught in a flood.
To escape the rising waters, he climbs up on the roof.
Soon, the waters are up to the bottom of the roof.
A man comes by on a raft and asks the christian if he wants to be rescued.
The christian replys, "No thanks. The lord will save me."
A little while later, the flood is up to the top of the roof.
A man comes by in a canoe and asks the christian if he wants to be rescued.
The christian replys, "No thanks. The lord will save me."
Sooner still, the flood is up to the christians waist.
Another man comes by in a boat and asks the christian if he wants to be rescued.
The christian replys, "No thanks. The lord will save me."
Eventually, the flood carries the christian away and he drowns.
When he reaches heaven he asks God why he was allowed to drown.
The Lord replies, "I sent a raft, a canoe, and a boat. What in the HELL did you want?"

0
Reply
Female 109
Rofl
0
Reply
Male 2,238
lol,

On a side note, 700th post!

I`d like to thank the Academy....

0
Reply
Female 5,222
NICE i effing LOVE that XD
0
Reply
Male 270
"I forget who it was (I`m think Gandhi, though that could have just been in the movie), but it was someone important, once said "I like your Christ, but I don`t like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.""

Like you should listen to Ghandi, who went to Africa and wanted to enslave all black people because they were lesser. (Yep, that`s pretty much what he said)

0
Reply
Female 459
Can I have some, Angelmassb?
0
Reply
Male 731
really, this needs an "lol" at the end of it, God.
0
Reply
Male 2,605
"im sorry, but whoever made that sign makes a really good point"

No it`s not, it`s a very bad point. Make the effort to read some of my prior posts in this thread and you`ll (hopefully) see why.

0
Reply
Male 181
"Why is that Christians take the brunt of all religion bashing? Why can a person claiming to be Muslim strap a bomb to himself and kill innocent people and everyone runs to defend Islam saying it`s really a religion of peace? (I believe that it is a religion of peace.) Yet, one guy makes a billboard and it turns into a bunch of people making wide-ranging statements degrading an entire religion"
Makes me think of how many black people call people racist and then turn around and call white people "cracker" and other such offensive names...Nobody picks on the minority because then they feel like a bully, instead they take out their frustrations on the majority so that like you said, they can "look in the mirror" and tell themselves that they`re "tolerant."
0
Reply
Male 194
im sorry, but whoever made that sign makes a really good point...what if that person would have been born and cured cancer or aids or whatever, but someone just had to have sex but couldnt accept the responsability of a baby and killed it...makes you think...
0
Reply
Male 15,510
Hmm... religion AND abortion...

I better get the popcorn ready

0
Reply
Male 3,755
Spambot, your agreeableness has sucked me of all my power. What...is...this...strange new...weapon?
0
Reply
Female 1,264
Well said Spambot!
0
Reply
Male 525
No prob Sup, sorry for jumping on the bandwagon as I said to LH2 I was just being a bit of a Troll. We can all be a prat sometimes, right.
0
Reply
Male 3,755
Spambot, I couldn`t agree more. I keep it to myself 99.99% of the time. Even on here I never push anything on anyone. I just defend it when others are putting down people of faith. I hate when people push ideologies. I also hate when they bash ideologies. If you don`t like religion that`s fine. Just keep it to yourself.
0
Reply
Male 431
Touche God,
Touche.
0
Reply
Male 7,933
"Which is odd because the Bible makes no mentions of denominations."

Denominations came as a result of the Eastern Orthodox Church not wanting to believe in idols so they made a break from the Catholic Church. Ironically now they do believe in idols, but yes the bible makes no mention of denominations.

"Precisely the nub of the "free-will" argument - God is, by definition, omni-potent (all-powerful), omni-scient (all-knowing), omni-present (all-places). If "free-will" existed, God wouldn`t be those things."

Yes but remember that the Bible also says that he is the Alpha and the Omega, to assume God knows the future is to assume there is a future and a past to God.

0
Reply
Male 525
Lionhart I just read your comment and ran with it. Really mate don`t be reading to much into some random post on the internet. I basically looked for the easiest way to make an anti religion comment on what the sign said. If this makes me a troll then so be it.
0
Reply
Male 8,302
> Spambot3000
> Take that Christians your own sign proves your wrong!

Seriously dude "Logic" isn`t just sticking words together, its a frikkin science, go learn it. All your mindless prattle proved was that (a) you can`t logically connect and (b) you come up with the wrong conclusion BECAUSE you can`t.

Whichever way you word your argument, the REAL logic of the argument is: IF this sign is correct THEN God preordained the curer to be aborted, therefore they can`t be the curer, BUT God has foreordained them to be. We have a paradox, therefore this sign cannot be correct.

Anytime both branches of a proposal leads to mutually-excluding results, the proposal is meaningless.

Let me ask you that old classic: What happens when an Irresistible Force runs into an Immovable Object?

0
Reply
Male 525
@Supersmash

Because whose going to tell the man with a bomb strapped to his chest that he`s an non-nice individual?

Personally I hold ALL religions in equal contempt. If you want to believe in sky faeries its your bis but please keep it to yourself.

0
Reply
Male 3,755
I don`t disagree with anyone saying some Christians make asses of themselves. As a Christian, televangelists make me sick. I don`t like many things Christians do.

But, you know it is unfair in any situation to let the loud minority overshadow the vastly larger silent majority. If you think more than a small fraction of Christians are like the ones you see on TV or the ones who act like idiots, you could not be more wrong.

0
Reply
Male 3,482
it cut off part of the last word...

It was "issues."

0
Reply
Male 3,482
"Why is that Christians take the brunt of all religion bashing?"

Because Christian`s make the biggest asses out of themselves, that`s why.

I forget who it was (I`m think Gandhi, though that could have just been in the movie), but it was someone important, once said "I like your Christ, but I don`t like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Christian`s have the habit of putting themselves out there seemingly for the sole purpose of being non-nice individuals. They try to force themselves on everyone else, they take over, and the majority treat anyone who ISN`T Christian like they`re an ignorant ass.

I`m not saying ALL are like that, but it seems the undeniable majority are.


See, that`s why I avoid organized groups all together. That way, I don`t get labeled alongside the non-nice individuals in said group.

If more people were "friends," instead of "fellow _______s," then there wouldn`t be so many of these is

0
Reply
Male 3,755
One could say that not all Christians are to blame for the Crusades, only the Catholics.

On another note, everything people point out that happened during the Middle Ages is true. That`s why they had the Protestant Reformation.

0
Reply
Male 3,755
You kind of proved my point. When it comes to the Holocaust people don`t blame the entire population. They only blame the certain ones who acted a certain way. However, when it comes to Christianity, if one person claiming to be Christian does something, the entire populace of Christians gets blamed for it.

I am in no way saying Germans today have anything to do with the Holocaust. Please understand that.


0
Reply
Female 1,186
Passive-aggressive? Eh, I don`t think so. More like He`s super awesome at comebacks.
0
Reply
Male 16
SuperSmash, that is a terrible comparison. Religion altogether is arrogant because every individual religion believes that they have the correct answers. The crusades are simply an example. Being a German has nothing to do with the holocaust, it was the nazis. What does nationality have to do with anything?
0
Reply
Male 3,755
So, coldCanuck, your excuse for bashing Christianity is all the bad things that Christians, or those claiming to be Christian, have done. By your reasoning, all Germans should forever be held responsible for the Holocaust and all white people should forever be held responsible for slavery.

0
Reply
Male 2,605
"imagine people with minds like socrates, einstein, or whoever your greatest influence is/was had been aborted"

It`s more probable that the majority of aborted fetuses became gang members, slackers, junkies, and rapists. Are we better off? It`s a useless question.

"Is it because you can bash Chrisitans and still look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you`re a tolerant person?"

I don`t particularly care whether it`s one religion or another. I don`t have any false ideas of being tolerate towards either, however I should stress that I berate the religion, not the people believing in it. To answer your question about why it most often is Christianity at the center of such debates: it`s because that`s the religion most people in the United States are likely to be acquainted with.

Kudos, pmarren. I`ll toast to religion intolerance when I go drinking this Saturday.

0
Reply
Male 4,593
I`m drinking tonight and I`m going to toast "non-tolerance"
0
Reply
Male 20
"Is it becuase it`s allowed? Is it because you can bash Chrisitans and still look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you`re a tolerant person?"

In a manner of speaking, yes. You see, the Jews and the Muslims really have no preconceptions that their religion is strict and rigid, and therefor do not go around telling people that they must live their life a certain way and then go out and do the exact opposite. Christians, on the other hand, LOVE to do poo like this.

(I`m kidding by the way, in case you couldn`t tell by the blanket statement)

0
Reply
Male 296
Supersmash, it`s because christianity has done the worst poo to humanity and still claims to be the best, such as the crusades, the countless people that have said they did what they did because they were sent by god, the spanish inquasition, the killing of the amazing minds in history that lead to giant jumps in science and advancements in humanity, and the corruption of the church during the dark ages.
0
Reply
Male 3,425
SuperSmash, I`ll tell you why. It`s because American people take up the majority of the internet and media. And alot of people talk about their religion (Christianity) like it`s just normal, which I`m sure Muslims would if there were more of them in forums and such. And people don`t like these people always talking about their religion.
0
Reply
Male 658
It doesn`t really answer your question, SuperSmash, but I ridicule every religion equally. I am not tolerant, because rather than trying to solve our own problems and answer our own questions, the entire world sits around waiting for God to do it for them.
0
Reply
Male 3,755
Can someone explain something to me?

Why is that Christians take the brunt of all religion bashing? Why can a person claiming to be Muslim strap a bomb to himself and kill innocent people and everyone runs to defend Islam saying it`s really a religion of peace? (I believe that it is a religion of peace.) Yet, one guy makes a billboard and it turns into a bunch of people making wide-ranging statements degrading an entire religion.

Is it becuase it`s allowed? Is it because you can bash Chrisitans and still look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you`re a tolerant person?

0
Reply
Male 975
ive always wondered about this kinda thing..imagine people with minds like socrates, einstein, or whoever your greatest influence is/was had been aborted
0
Reply
Female 778
^_^ i`m not a christian, but i like that
0
Reply
Male 15
Owned
0
Reply
Male 296
I concur.
0
Reply
Male 1,399
I thought that AIDS was God`s punishment for all the sins, debauchery and general shenanigans we`ve got up to lately?

Well that`s what I heard!

0
Reply
Male 426
did they died?
0
Reply
Male 525
Ok Lionhart2 that was the abbreviated version here`s the full for people that need they`re hands held.


If this child was predestined to cure cancer and aids then there`s no free will.

If there`s no free will then this child couldn`t have been aborted on less it was its destiny.

If it was it`s destiny to be aborted then it wasn`t the child predestined to cure cancer and aids.

If it wasn`t the child predestined to cure cancer and aids then God didn`t send it.

If God didn`t send it then this sign is a lie.

If this sign is the word God and the word of God is truth then it cant be a lie unless God doesn`t exist.

Therefore this sigh proves that God isn`t real


Take that Christians your own sign proves your wrong!

0
Reply
Male 65
that is the greatest sign this site has ever posted
0
Reply
Male 4,593
ajd121, You have earned my respect - you have a zero-bullsh#t writing style and you don`t seem too worried about being "Politically Correct".

How refreshing.

0
Reply
Male 638
Yea because a child who`s parent chooses to abort would have grown up in such a loving home. I think there is a better chance that they were aborting drug dealers and criminals than the person who would find a cure for Cancer and AIDS.
0
Reply
Male 2,605
"The human race IS a virus as Agent Smith (Matrix) put it."

Agent Smith also suggested that a virus is an organism, and that should be enough to discredit anything he says in regards to biology...

"there are MANY denominations"

Which is odd because the Bible makes no mentions of denominations.

0
Reply
Male 2,605
"Thats why determinism and destiny, along with free will are all still theories out there. Its hilarious to think someone on the internet out platoed plato."

There are no exact answers in philosophy, it`s comprised mostly of opinion. A very subjective field that I have no use for when I`m trying to seek answers about anything practical. Get rid of this notion of any answer in philosophy being better than any other answer.

"By the way, God didn`t really make this billboard. Just thought I`d point that out. Some of you seem to think so."

God didn`t make anything; we made him.

"As much as it pains me to give ammo to the Opposition"

Probably the best thing you could do to avoid giving "ammunition" to the opposition is to not open your mouth.

0
Reply
Male 2,605
"So either God does not know everything, or God is malicious bastard."

I vote God is just in everyone`s head and he doesn`t exist.

"`science will figure it out!`"

There are never any guarantees, but if anything *could* figure it out, it would be science, i.e. reasoned argument, critical analysis of the evidence, yadda yadda yadda.

"Morality cannot be answered by science. Anything that can`t be observed cannot be answered by science."

Morality can be and has been answered by science. Look up the evolution of altruism and examples of altruism in nature. Understand the concept of the selfish gene and that it suggests being good to one another increases our chances (individually and collectively) of survival.

0
Reply
Male 1,399
Good ol` God.

Gets all the credit, none of the blame.

0
Reply
Male 740
surprised that christians aren`t agreeing? i`m not. neither is any other person who sees there are MANY denominations
0
Reply
Male 2,388
lol?
0
Reply
Male 4,593
There is no God... You can tell because there are cats.
0
Reply
Male 486
I`d like to think that one of the "etc."s is referring to religion.
0
Reply
Male 1,399
People suffer needlessly at the end of their lives...dementia...my favorite author has been diagnosed with Alzheimer`s...yeah, God`s a wise and benevolent deity, you bet.
0
Reply
Male 8,302
And
> akijade
> So now the Christians aren`t even agreeing

Jesus, did they ever!????

0
Reply
Male 8,302
Your logic is incomplete, spambot. Couldn`t have been aborted, UNLESS that was what the preordained fate already was.

> Prime

I`m speaking about theological theory and dogma here, of course, no offense intended to you or any other Christian who believes in free will. Personally, I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Let`s take, for an example, a newborn dog. OK, you didn`t actually create it, but the argument about whether it could evolve by random chance, or had to be designed and built, is not the question here. Its been born, its yours. It TOTALLY relies on you for food, shelter, love, etc. But the thing is, you don`t want a remote control iDog, you want IT to be happy, to explore, to run and have fun and believe it has some control over its own life. So you let it have some free will, while still defining the broad limits of its existence.

0
Reply
Male 525
If this child was predestined to cure cancer and aids then there`s no free will.

If there`s no free will then this child couldn`t have been aborted.

0
Reply
Female 1,395
=D humans are so funny.
0
Reply
Male 8,302
> akijade
> Prime says that God can`t know because of free will (though that would go in direct opposition of a supposedly omnipotent god-figure)

Precisely the nub of the "free-will" argument - God is, by definition, omni-potent (all-powerful), omni-scient (all-knowing), omni-present (all-places). If "free-will" existed, God wouldn`t be those things. Besides, the Bible clearly says "ALL things were foreordained, before the foundation of the world". Free-will is a comparatively modern invention by semi-believers who can`t accept that God runs things his way, not theirs.

0
Reply
Male 1,190
The Christian theological mythos is about as complex and representative as Saturday morning cartoons of the 70s.
We do get some good movie and computer games out of it though, like Diablo and the like.

There are no set rules in the universe and no bearded white guy sitting on a throne with his singing bitch angels, it is absurd.
JC was not the son of this god, merely a wise man whose followers do not follow, because their culture is one of war and death.
I think the universe is much more spectacular and mysterious than any of us give it credit for and the competing ideologies of science and religion only begin to scratch at the surface.
If you want to expand your consciousness and find answers you are going to have to commit to a new way of life and go out into the world to find answers, rather than rely on books that are thousands of years old, which you most likely do not understand, having not taken that voyage...

0
Reply
Male 2,586
Lets throw a spanner (wrench) in the works :-)

Supposing NO ONE died from diseases, accidents, famine etc etc and all lived to the ripe old age of 80.

Bye bye rainforest, bye bye space... Hello food-shortage, overcrowding etc...

People love to point a finger at God and say *he wipes out so many people a day* or push for better medicines etc, but the world is becoming over-populated as it is. We will all breed ourselves into extinction so all these `problems` everyone moans about are actually beneficial! - however, they are still delaying the inevitable.

The human race IS a virus as Agent Smith (Matrix) put it. The best thing we can hope for in the world are abortions, famine, plagues, environmental/ natural disasters - otherwise we`re screwed!

...here endeth the *mooning* to the rest of the planet 8-)

0
Reply
Male 439
It`s be funny if it weren`t so freakishly stupid :P By the same argument we might have avoided the next world war by aborting the next hitler or any ridiculous thing. Besides, if god loathes abortion so much he should do something about it instead of just sitting around picking his bum all day.
0
Reply
Female 1,006
Lionhart: "As much as it pains me to give ammo to the Opposition, you are correct sir. No child was ever aborted that He didn`t know, and plan it, that way."

So now the Christians aren`t even agreeing. Prime says that God can`t know because of free will (though that would go in direct opposition of a supposedly omnipotent god-figure).

Let`s see them debate over this. It should be interesting. Though I`m probably way to lazy to check back in and see how it goes.

0
Reply
Male 420
snap
0
Reply
Male 1,623
"How about, "I did, but you wouldn`t let them use stem cells to research the cures to these diseases"?"

Or: "I did, but you wouldn`t let them do research on genetic engineering to cure these diseases."

0
Reply
Male 1,129
God send us someone to kill millions of people for no reason and try to take over the world. oh thats right you already did. GO GOD....
0
Reply
Male 2,372
Good point!! :-)
0
Reply
Male 70
clevvverrr!
0
Reply
Male 245
only half of the people in this world should be able to breed the other half should be kicked in the balls
0
Reply
Male 76
wwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
all i hear is a big crying blind horse without water
0
Reply
Male 1,704
wow!

i think it puts the point across well tho.

0
Reply
Male 8,302
> lllBorislll
> But I thought God did everything for a reason?

As much as it pains me to give ammo to the Opposition, you are correct sir. No child was ever aborted that He didn`t know, and plan it, that way.

0
Reply
Female 28
How about, "I did, but you wouldn`t let them use stem cells to research the cures to these diseases"?
0
Reply
Female 572
*rolls eyes*
0
Reply
Male 3,755
A major assumption of mankind is that we have the ability to understand existence in the first place.

By the way, God didn`t really make this billboard. Just thought I`d point that out. Some of you seem to think so.

0
Reply
Male 3,819
Yiiiiiiiiikes.
0
Reply
Male 20,830
this is something my step-mother would agree with.
0
Reply
Male 443
But I thought God did everything for a reason?
0
Reply
Female 120
@catbarf and The_Garuness- Nice, and very true.
0
Reply
Male 1,455
"God, thank you for not sending another Hitler to kill and enslave us all."

"I did, but you aborted them."

0
Reply
Male 346
How does this make God a jerk?
0
Reply
Male 20
"Anything would be nothing more than speculation as to why"

True. I`d just like to add though that just because there isn`t an answer for it now that doesn`t mean that there exists no answer for it. Speculation? Sure, but at least those attempting to answer such questions using science provide some evidence (although it may be weak) that could make it plausible and not just say "well, you see.. its magic.."

0
Reply
Female 1,199
"Garuness, there`s a difference between arguing and debate. And who`s the one wasting time whining about people arguing on the internet... by arguing on the internet?

Oh, yeah. It`s you."

But aren`t you whining about people whining about people arguing on the internet?

...

0
Reply
Male 7,933
"Or, maybe, floods are typically rare, very disastrous events, and thus tend to be remembered for a long time by primitive people who don`t understand them. Even the driest reasons occasionally flood. In fact, the Outback and Middle East both being desert-like environments with typically little rain could easily explain why flood stories had such a drastic impact on their cultures."

Possible yes, but many stories are similar (not just about a flood but plot and poo) in many different cultures. So how can science successfully declare a definitive answer on this? Anything would be nothing more than speculation as to why

0
Reply
Female 385
"Also, certain things such as why are the stories of different lands often so similar? Such as Gilgamesh and the Aborigine (who are completely isolated) have similar floods stories to that of Noah? Maybe there is something to Jungs "Collective Unconscious", which can`t be proven by science."

Or, maybe, floods are typically rare, very disastrous events, and thus tend to be remembered for a long time by primitive people who don`t understand them. Even the driest reasons occasionally flood. In fact, the Outback and Middle East both being desert-like environments with typically little rain could easily explain why flood stories had such a drastic impact on their cultures.

0
Reply
Male 296
"There`s a reason that basically every human civilization came up with nearly identical moral codes, even when totally isolated from each other."
If that was the case then why are Samuri respectful and "just" while Aztecs sacrificed humans?
0
Reply
Male 352
In during massive poostorm.
0
Reply
Male 7,933
"In science, you cannot make assumptions."

Not exactly true. Science always assumes that something has a cause.

"There`s a reason that basically every human civilization came up with nearly identical moral codes, even when totally isolated from each other."

Not exactly true. Sure some scientist would argue genetics through evolution. but that still doesnt explain everything. Why are some people in the conventional level of morality while others are post-conventional? If it was just based on good for the tribe and therefore good for me, everyone would be in conventional.

Also, certain things such as why are the stories of different lands often so similar? Such as Gilgamesh and the Aborigine (who are completely isolated) have similar floods stories to that of Noah? Maybe there is something to Jungs "Collective Unconscious", which can`t be proven by science.

0
Reply
Male 296
but if god knows whats going to happen and knows what you thinking/doing ect. why is there prayer?
0
Reply
Female 385
"You do realize there is a limit to science. Questions such as the meaning of life, what is the self, etc. Cannot be answered by science. Morality cannot be answered by science. Anything that can`t be observed cannot be answered by science."

To answer the question of "What is the meaning of life?" you have to make an assumption that life has meaning. In science, you cannot make assumptions. You can make guesses, but those guesses are meaningless without evidence.

Also, science has gone a long way towards figuring out morality. There`s a reason that basically every human civilization came up with nearly identical moral codes, even when totally isolated from each other. It boils down to social animal behavior and pure old-fashioned selfishness. "I don`t want to die, so killing each other without reason should be wrong. Besides, it`s bad for the community if we run around murdering each other. I rely on others, so them dying negatively impacts myself."

0
Reply
Male 7,933
""as opposed to..."science will figure it out!""

Through careful questioning, researching, testing, and observations."

You do realize there is a limit to science. Questions such as the meaning of life, what is the self, etc. Cannot be answered by science. Morality cannot be answered by science. Anything that can`t be observed cannot be answered by science.

Religion/Philosophy attempt to answer what science can`t.

Which is why I keep bringing up the "we dont have free will" thing that someone else keeps posting as if it was absolute truth despite the fact that no one else admits to having the right answer, just a theory.

Thats why determinism and destiny, along with free will are all still theories out there. Its hilarious to think someone on the internet out platoed plato

0
Reply
Male 10,440
I`m pro-death. So there.
0
Reply
Male 976
I`ll add another layer to this debate... I`m not Pro-life or Pro-choice, I`m Pro-force.
0
Reply
Male 3,482
"as opposed to..."science will figure it out!""

Through careful questioning, researching, testing, and observations.

As opposed to a bunch of half-educated men watching a lightning bolt and thinking that some great being in the sky must hate them.

0
Reply
Male 7,933
"Religious pricks just use the cop out answer. "It`s God`s will."

Religious pricks have an answer for everything. THAT is a bad thing."

as opposed to..."science will figure it out!"

"Nothing humans do is random, or even a "choice" as we like to think. Our choices are predetermined by who we are as people. If you know someone well enough, you can predict their reaction to anything."

once again thank you for solving out the question that baffled both plato and socrates.

Is it simplification ftw as you kids say it?

"Arguing/Debating on the internet resembles the same usefulness as an ashtray on a motorbike."

Because that comment there was obviously more important than an ashtray on a motor bike

0
Reply
Male 931
Arguing/Debating on the internet resembles the same usefulness as an ashtray on a motorbike.
0
Reply
Male 127
Comments on religous topics are IAB never turn out well
0
Reply
Female 385
Garuness, there`s a difference between arguing and debate. And who`s the one wasting time whining about people arguing on the internet... by arguing on the internet?

Oh, yeah. It`s you.

0
Reply
Male 931
This age old statment still rings true:

0
Reply
Male 10,440
I encourage all of you to convert to the ancient Greek religion. It really kicks ass. No `sins`, dozens of gods, each of them badass, loads of awesome festivals with sex and booze. Afterlife assured... whats not to love?
0
Reply
Female 385
"So God could know what action leads to what repercussions, but its still the person who makes the choice; not that God put the person there just to be aborted."

Except that actions can be easily predicted. if God truly knows everything, he knows each one of us more intimately than we know ourselves. It means he also has a perfect understanding of human psychology. And thus, he knows the experiences and genetic predispositions that will cause us to pick a certain course of action.

Nothing humans do is random, or even a "choice" as we like to think. Our choices are predetermined by who we are as people. If you know someone well enough, you can predict their reaction to anything.

Take this to a God-like level, and choice is meaningless. So either God does not know everything, or God is malicious bastard. Either way, he`s not worth worshiping.

0
Reply
Male 931
And once again, whoever started an argument on this is a massive c*&t.
0
Reply
Female 779
To hypothetically cure cancer, you`d need x amount of years of experience in the medical/science field. People just don`t inherently pop out of wombs knowing the cure. It descredits everything that we have fought so hard to learn!
0
Reply
Male 3,482
"Atheist pricks just have a question for everything"

And why shouldn`t they?

It`s only through asking questions that anything is ever answered. Asking the right questions, doing the right research, taking the right observations...

These are all the fundamental basics of learning. ANYTHING.

Religious pricks just use the cop out answer. "It`s God`s will."

Religious pricks have an answer for everything. THAT is a bad thing.

Having a question for everything gets irritating after a while, but only through questioning that which is generally accepted as true can one learn the real truth.

0
Reply
Male 8,302
Oh God of course it went Flame War, one of these days I`ll learn.

> primetimekin
> Send Jesus to cure Aids? I didn`t know that was a problem back then

[quote]Romans 1:27: the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet (just).[/quote]

The men received IN THEMSELVES the punishment for their homosexuality? It may not have been AIDS, but it sure sounds like some sort of STD which was seen as punishment for what they did.

0
Reply
Male 3,755
Hahahaha...That is very clever.
0
Reply
Male 7,933
"Another thought strikes me: what if the contrary were true in that the next fetus we abort could have took after Hitler`s legacy and mass-murdered an ethnic group?"

Going from a historical perspective on this, Hitler was going to happen whether or not it was Hitler. Germany got so drated up after WW1 they put them in a position where something like that was necessary. But yeah I get what youre saying

0
Reply
Male 7,933
"You just pulled all of that out of your butt, didn`t you?"

Somewhat yes.

Point being that a major aspect of religion is free will/choice. It would demean the purpose to have people on earth if their destiny`s were pre-written (e.g. going to heaven or not).

So God could know what action leads to what repercussions, but its still the person who makes the choice; not that God put the person there just to be aborted.

0
Reply
Male 2,605
Another thought strikes me: what if the contrary were true in that the next fetus we abort could have took after Hitler`s legacy and mass-murdered an ethnic group?

The point is we never know what kind of person an aborted fetus could have become, and so it is uesless to argue for or against abortion in those terms.

0
Reply
Male 7,933
"Seriously, he sends a savior, and decides not to care? Why the f*ck? Why couldn`t he have done that with Jesus... Then we most likely wouldn`t have had to deal with stupid sh*t like this sign..."

Send Jesus to cure Aids? I didn`t know that was a problem back then. Atheist pricks just have a question for everything (c wut i did thar)

"But there is no such thing as free will."

I`m glad you were able to solve the question that philosophers have debated for thousands of years.

0
Reply
Female 673
"Free will means one have a choice in what they`re doing (free being not influenced)."

That`s an interesting interpretation of what free will means. Being influenced doesn`t negate that it`s still your decision.

0
Reply
Male 20
"well thats the simple way to look at it. But you are forgetting to mix in free will into account.

Yes God knows everything but that doesnt mean that everything is set in stone, therefore he could chose to let the next possible situation be completely up to the person and allow himself to not know the answer."

But there is no such thing as free will.
Free will means one have a choice in what they`re doing (free being not influenced). Why do people make choices? People make choices for some reason, whether it be based on prior experiences, magic, or unicorns, which means the choice is influenced. Ergo, its not free. Even if someone makes a choice at random, random is still based on chance which again is not free.

0
Reply
Male 3,482
"Like a test period? Ok you have until your 18th birthday to get 1300+ on your SATs if not off with your head? Could work"

That sounds like a genius idea, seeing as I got around 1400 on my first try in eighth grade...

Might weed out some of the people like the ones we see in the "stupidest body mod ever" pics...

0
Reply
Male 2,605
This is yet another failed argument. Suggesting that abortion deprives us of a potential philanthropist or arts maestro is to suggest that we are depriving ourselves of the same thing everytime we choose not to engage in sex and procreation. For illustration: "What are you doing sitting around on your asses? You should be up and making babies! Who knows, the next one could be humanity`s salvation!!" Dumb, as you can see.

But that`s besides the point. Does the author of that board seriously believe that God`s power is limited to saving humanity through some human agency? Believers just don`t think critically enough about their beliefs.

0
Reply
Male 561
@ Altaru, I hope your parents feel the same way.
0
Reply
Male 3,482
"Yes God knows everything but that doesnt mean that everything is set in stone, therefore he could chose to let the next possible situation be completely up to the person and allow himself to not know the answer."

Religious pricks have an answer for everything, don`t they?

Seriously, he sends a savior, and decides not to care? Why the f*ck? Why couldn`t he have done that with Jesus... Then we most likely wouldn`t have had to deal with stupid sh*t like this sign...

0
Reply
Male 2,605
"Yes God knows everything but that doesnt mean that everything is set in stone, therefore he could chose to let the next possible situation be completely up to the person and allow himself to not know the answer."

You just pulled all of that out of your butt, didn`t you?

0
Reply
Male 7,933
"Well, it seems God`s omnipotence doesn`t work on everything, now does it?

Although, I`m against abortion. I`d rather wait to see whether the kid`s gonna be a worthwhile addition to society before killing it..."

Like a test period? Ok you have until your 18th birthday to get 1300+ on your SATs if not off with your head? Could work

0
Reply
Male 3,482
Well, it seems God`s omnipotence doesn`t work on everything, now does it?

Although, I`m against abortion. I`d rather wait to see whether the kid`s gonna be a worthwhile addition to society before killing it...

0
Reply
Male 7,933
"Old, and really lame. And, you know, impossible. God knows everything, therefore he knows the future. Thus, he knows which babies will be aborted, and allows them to be conceived anyway. Thus, those babies were only ever meant to be aborted. They were never meant for anything else.

Religion and logic just never mix. "

well thats the simple way to look at it. But you are forgetting to mix in free will into account.

Yes God knows everything but that doesnt mean that everything is set in stone, therefore he could chose to let the next possible situation be completely up to the person and allow himself to not know the answer.

0
Reply
Female 525
It`s funny cause it`s so ignorant <3
0
Reply
Male 228
Now that`s a harsh AND confusing sign.
0
Reply
Male 432
I heard Hitler`s mom was talked out of an abortion by her doctor
0
Reply
Female 9,562
Why must we do flame wars?
0
Reply
Female 385
Old, and really lame. And, you know, impossible. God knows everything, therefore he knows the future. Thus, he knows which babies will be aborted, and allows them to be conceived anyway. Thus, those babies were only ever meant to be aborted. They were never meant for anything else.

Religion and logic just never mix.

0
Reply
Male 670
aha thats so true.
0
Reply
Female 1,260
Wow, that`s more than passive-aggressive. That`s just downright rude to assume that the only children aborted were the very same ones that God sent to cure stuff. I mean, not even one got thru?? JeeZ
0
Reply
Male 20,830
Link: God, He`s Kind of a Jerk Sometimes Isn`t He [Pic] [Rate Link] - A little passive-aggressive there, eh Holy One?
0
Reply