The Atheist Delusion

Submitted by: patchouly 8 years ago in Funny

This guy"s indisputable Biblical proof that atheists are deluded and stupid. Take that Atheists!
There are 422 comments:
Female 25
haha he is so not serios. XD
0
Reply
Female 103
My favorite part, before I figured out he wasn`t being serious, is "Margin of Error: About 2,000 years."

It made me chuckle.

0
Reply
Female 150
Sooo apparently christianity is plagarized by one or two more religions from Italy I think, something like that.(I`ve heard)
I`m not saying whether I believe it but I`m soooo not christian
Wicca is my way,and yes,I believe in science too-I want to be an astronomer when I grow up :D
0
Reply
Female 11
nice. He does have a point, though. ALOT of things in the bible don`t add up to things we`ve found true by science. Personally, I could throw them both out the window because they`re both a bunch of confusing crap.
0
Reply
Female 1,984
If people *are* ignorant and *are* deluded then it`s not wrong to say they are.
0
Reply
Female 1,984
eagle, atheism is not a religion. Some atheists are in a religion though like Buddhism.
0
Reply
Male 2
What if the god that man has created is not the god that actually existed. Atheists are just as guilty as christians in trying to spread the word of their completely ignorant religion because in truth, NO ONE KNOWS! Look up something called the god particle. Science is just as confused on how we got to where we are as anyone else. I am of the religion called none. I choose to not believe because of what I have learned but calling people who choose to believe ignorant, deluded or stupid? Well that is more ignorant than anything anyone chooses to believe
0
Reply
Male 701
It`s sarcasm, it`s the same retard who did that thing asking 10 questions using the same answer for each one a few months ago.
0
Reply
Male 1,894
I can`t tell if this was sarcasm or not.
0
Reply
Male 108
"there would be no singularities at which the laws of science broke down and no edge of space-time at which one would have to appeal to God or some new law to set the boundary conditions for space-time . . . The universe would be completely self-contained and not affected by anything outside itself. It would neither be created nor destroyed. It would just BE . . . What place, then, for a creator?" -Stephen Hawking
0
Reply
Female 1,984
fillemorte: "This person who made this is stupid, god didn`t write the bible, man wrote the bible..."
It`s satire.

"I`m no atheist...I don`t believe in God..."
You are an atheist.

0
Reply
Female 1,984
"also can you honestly look at this earth and say that there was no creator when obviously there is one, the earth is fine tuned for our comfortable living so that we don`t just die of lack of something."

We evolved to the planet`s conditions to survive... not the other way around. I can honestly look around and say THERE IS NO GOD. See?

0
Reply
Female 2
I`m pretty sure Stephen Hawking believes in God...
0
Reply
Male 292
LMAO! I never fail to underestimate how many people take satire seriously. It`s like reading comments on YouTube.

But seriously, pretty funny.

0
Reply
Male 138
This video is why I hate America and Christians. America is full of Christians. I wrote the above statment. bow to me
0
Reply
Male 153
FatCam I Challange you To That I Want An Unedited video you you turning water into wine YOU CANOT USE ANY EDITING TECHNEIQUES AT ALL JUST THE CAMRA RECORDING YOU TURNING WATER INTO WINE
0
Reply
Male 45
oh that was brilliant. i know this is just a crap video but i dont understand how people believe something written in a random book. i mean i could say im jesus and people would believe me
0
Reply
Female 1,186
"And I can say without fear of hypocrisy that WHICHEVER side of the debate you are on, two movies that EVERYONE should see in relation to Religion are (1) Monty Python`s Life of Brian; and (2) Dogma."

I agree with you there. Dogma is one of my all time favorite movies. (:

0
Reply
Female 2
im not an atheist im Christian catholic and i do believe in god but this video is total bull not all scientists have to be atheist you are just to ignorant to see that while your reading your "oh so holy" bible and wow god did not put galaxy`s out beyond the earth so he could give us pretty things to look at ignorant people like this make me not want to be Christian catholic!
0
Reply
Male 599
F*ck this guy hes just trying to make christians look bad
0
Reply
Male 113
Damn! I was expecting an eloquently put argument that would 100% convert me and put me back on the path to "righteousness"..
ah well, my ignosticism lasts another day..
0
Reply
Male 2,553
Fake, Just someone who wants to start a bible fight.
0
Reply
Male 194
It`s funny cause the bible is just a book :)
0
Reply
Male 14
Numpty
0
Reply
Female 17
lmao for the first few seconds I was just like "wtf? is this kid serious?" but after a while it was pretty obvious this was all sarcasm.

Nope, I`m good as an atheist, thank you. :)

0
Reply
Female 1,963
:D Classic circularity in that argument. It`s funny, peeps. But I agree that there`s nothing like a good theological argument, as long as it`s not along the lines of "God exists!" "No he doesn`t!" "Does too!" "You`re stupid.".
0
Reply
Male 329
wow. im not atheist, but hes pretty retardeed.
0
Reply
Male 2,591
oooohh burn.. how you like them apples, atheists.
0
Reply
Male 103
The bible was written by man, not god. and man can be corrupted.
0
Reply
Male 66
IT`S RELIGIOUS BELIEF!!!!
WHO THE F*** CARES ABOUT THIS!!!!
Keep to yourself and the world will be a better place.
0
Reply
Male 928
hahaha God is unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.
0
Reply
Male 340
Youtube description:
"My indisputable Biblical proof that atheists are deluded and stupid. (Yes, this is a SATIRE.) "
0
Reply
Male 684
kill god....
free man!
0
Reply
Male 162
answer to your last question- YOU!
0
Reply
Male 8,302
My last word on the religious debate (for now anyway): I`m a Christian, but I can take the piss out of myself for it. The idea that an intelligent rational and logical person can believe in an invisible, unknowable and unprovable God IS funny, whether it be myself or someone else. That doesn`t diminish my faith one iota. And I can say without fear of hypocrisy that WHICHEVER side of the debate you are on, two movies that EVERYONE should see in relation to Religion are (1) Monty Python`s Life of Brian; and (2) Dogma. Though separated by years and years, BOTh movies do two things: take the piss out of Religion, and at the same time, make you think VERY deeply about it. And that`s exactly what any Religious debate SHOULD do.
0
Reply
Male 97
This video isn`t sarcastic at all
0
Reply
Male 74
Well IM convinced!...Take THAT Richard Dawkins!...
0
Reply
Male 1,666
Lol
God never said he wrote the bible....
0
Reply
Male 108
Oh, I understand. It`s true because the bible says it is. Awesome. I`m gonna go stone a prostitute and then kill myself because I disobeyed my parents. Bye, yall!
0
Reply
Female 1
This is drating BULLpoo.
Think, this thing presents BIBLICAl evidence. Do you really thing atheists believe in the drating BIBLE?
Religion is pseudo-science, pure and simple. It cannot be proven or disproven. Thus, it cannot be trusted as an absolute truth.
I sincerely hope that this video was made in jest. If not, things are even worse than I thought.
0
Reply
Male 105
those who comment a friggin lot "like lion" call this a "debate" others just call it a flame war
0
Reply
Female 235
haha

That is a genius way to present WHY god doesn`t exist! :)

0
Reply
Male 438
BELIEF WAR!!!!
0
Reply
Female 47
sarcasm never wins an argument.
it pushes people away :/
christians will just get pissed

and i agree with ChickenVomit

0
Reply
Male 551
.....wtf mate?!?
0
Reply
Female 1,306
*screams*

FLAAAMEE WARRRR!

0
Reply
Male 29
I think it dosn`t matter if there is a God(or Gods)or if there isn`t.As a human, whether you belive god created the heavens and earth in 7 days or the universe was created out of a giant explosion, it is always our responsibility to be the best we can to help people in need and progress as one.Not only excepting others differences but embracing and appreciating them. I mean if ever in life you find yourself doing somthing out of the fear of being punished in the next life or finding solace in that you will never be punished for what you do then i feel what ever your doing it`s being done for the wrong reason or is the wrong thing to do. I say live your life as you feel you should and i think for everyone that includes being a good person.B-l Crap it sounds preachy don`t it, thats what i tried to avoid but oh well i stand by it and if anyone has any beef with it thats fine I just don`t want to hear any thing about my grammer or spelling if i do im ganna be pissed (Yea 1000 chars. Woo!!)
0
Reply
Female 1,186
IBLE that God made the world in SEVEN days. We take into the account the huge amount of evidence that has been discovered, the fossils for example. To completely disregard that fact is utter ignorance.
Quoting South Park, "Isn`t evolution the how and creation the why?" Gosh, you can learn sooo many things from that show.

Sorry, didn`t finish.

0
Reply
Female 1,186
Why do I feel like he sounds just a lil sarcastic?

"The Bible is a book that says that God wrote it. That is not proof that God wrote it."

"You are WAY off-base as a Christian if you don`t accept the Bible as truth from its very first words. If it says 7 days, it means 7 literal 24 hour days. not thousands of years. If you can`t accept that, you aren`t a Believer whether you think you are or not."

Correction, Christians believe that God INSPIRED writers to write the Bible. He didn`t actually sit down and write it himself.
Maybe it`s because I`m Catholic and believe firmly in my faith, but that`s what we believe. Get it straight. It`s just straight down ignorance. Atheists are right in saying that yes there is science, proof, rationality. But Christians have something they won`t ever have, and that`s faith. And, contrary to popular belief, there are some Christians out there that do NOT take the Bible literally. We know enough to understand that it is IMPOSS

0
Reply
Female 62
alrite people obviously that was sarcasm. but i dont think that he was insulting the religion..okay maybe just a little bit but i think he is right. some people take religion too far, but that`s their belief and we shouldnt put them down for it. their belief becomes a problem when they try to push their faith and beliefs onto other people. everyone has their own individual thought and we should respect that and try not to force them to think a certain way. so this guy is just trying to put his thoughts out there and saying that you can be religious but dont live like people did in the 14th century because thats not where you are righte now.
by all means i`m not an athiest i do have a religion and i somewhat belive in god, but once again i dont think people should devote so much of their life to god and religon that they dont see anything else.
sorry if i offended anyone :-/ juss saying what i felt was right.
peace
0
Reply
Male 535
insulting
0
Reply
Male 174
That wasn`t funny. that was idiotic and stupid. Why is this considered funny?
0
Reply
Male 600
This is an insult to all Christians.

Whoever did this is either one idiotic christian, or one overly sarcastic athiest.

Eitherway... VERY insulting.

0
Reply
Female 4,225
Oh and davy, please explain. Am I not clear enough? Not as fired up as I used to be I suppose.
0
Reply
Female 4,225
Well, right now that`s not my worry.

Just go to Kubrick. In religious terms...that guy may be doing somtghing sinful(hmm...)

0
Reply
Male 12,138
And hey Amaq, welcome back.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
Turnshroud, try as I might to attempt to approach your posts from every conceivable religious, intellectual, or logical direction that I can think of in order to understand you, I still find everything you say deeply impenetrable.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
not going to get back into this thread but just want to say that this post:

"Well since God is in me, he inspired me to tell you that he doesn exist. Case closed."

is absolutely retarded. people seem to have been acting as if i was debunked by it or some bullsh*t like that. it doesn`t even make any sense. heres what i posted to warrant this response as well:

"everyone whos posted that god didnt write the bible a million times now please stop, that does not matter because god is not only in the bible but in the world. god is in everything. if man wrote the bible, obviously, then the truth was inspired through them, god spoke through them. because god was in them, as he is in everyone and everything."

not the most articulate thing i`ve ever said, but the concept is something that i believe everyone is familiar with and if i didn`t voice it perfectly because i was half asleep then at least you know what i`m talking about.

0
Reply
Female 4,225
Ha.

I still must put 6$ in the saddageh(sp? Charity…?)

It was hot, two times and I was walking the streets of Tehran. Basically I was hot and said a silent prayer that I’d put 3 dollars there if I became cooler and was able to make it to the mall or whatever…without getting hotter.

Could it just be a coincidence? Maybe

God? Maybe

Self-fulfilling prophecy? Maybe

But either way I owe six bucks

0
Reply
Male 72
I`m pretty sure that was an atheist making fun of christians because that was funny sh*t. If he was trying to prove atheists wrong he just made himself look like an ass. I believe in god, but i most certainly do not believe in the bible. It is an old,outdated peice of literature that serves as nothing more than a guideline to live your life. most of that sh*t is common sense anyways... don`t steal, don`t murder, don`t lie, don`t cheat on your lover..theres a little thing we all have in our heads called a conscience that tells us what is right and what is wrong. I don`t need a book full of fairy tales to tell me what is or is not right. besides heres a fun fact.. the bible wasn`t written by Jesus or God.. the old testiment was written by the jews and the new testiment was written 200 years after jesus died, the catholic church has records telling about it to prove it(saw it on the history channel)how can a book written 200 years after some one died be the authentic word of that person?
0
Reply
Male 12,138
Turnshroud, Maddog has left Middle Earth for the Grey Havens beyond the White Tower, I fear never to return...
0
Reply
Female 4,225
V-lolz

*Drinks wine* What? It`s the internet! What happened to VikingGuy?

Where`s Maddog?

Let`s make sure Fancy can pay his rent

0
Reply
Male 105
yes yes im deluded. atleast i do not talk to myself at night and have conversations with things that dont EXIST! HAH! schizo.
0
Reply
Female 2,289
AHH. I hate these. This guy is a douche bag (didn`t watch the whole thing). I would say soo much... but I`m in the middle of moving and I don`t want to piss myself off. :/
0
Reply
Male 2,028
Sound the feasting horn!
0
Reply
Female 161
yay Sam Harris!
0
Reply
Male 353
Kill the fatted calf!!!
0
Reply
Male 2,028
Hello everyone, I have arrived. Let the celebrations commence and begin the feast.
0
Reply
Male 353
Shhhh!!! flames have subsided.. LOL
0
Reply
Female 4,225
Hey, back for now.

I also don`t think watching church on tv should count.

0
Reply
Male 353
Wow! Who needs iPhone?
0
Reply
Male 353
OOH the ne LG Glimmer!!! *Clicks*
0
Reply
Male 8,302
> ChronicJ
> Let us bow our heads and pass the collection basket

You can do that by clicking on the sponsored links and other adverts on any IAB page. Go on, do it now.

0
Reply
Male 353
Let us bow our heads and pass the collection basket! LOL
0
Reply
Male 8,302
Of course I`m serious, It`s Sunday morning, this is church. At least it is here! LOL
0
Reply
Male 353
"I do not mean to derail your faith, Chronic. Believe and act as God moves you..."

^^ he is serious, I mean really serious...

0
Reply
Male 8,302
I do not mean to derail anyone`s faith. Believe and act as God moves you, because faith, above all else, is a PERSONAL obedience to God, as the Holy Spirit moves each individual person. Just don`t be deceived by those whom Christ described, who will stand before Him and say "Didn`t we say blah-blah? And do this and that and the other in Your name?" and He will say "Depart from Me, workers on INIQUITY, I never even knew you." Note that He doesn`t describe them as nobodies who did nothing, but that through all the years they claim to have been doing His work, they were actually doing BAD. Watch those people, is all I`m saying.
0
Reply
Male 353
"Your "Great Commission" is a modern feelgood lie. By all means Christians should spread their faith and belief, but to pretend you do it by Royal Command is egotistical self-deception on a grand scale."


OMG.. we are all gonna wake up some day and read a news story about some cult in Australia that committed mass-suicide.. LOL. Holy poo!! Anyone who further engaes this guy could push his whole cult over the edge.. He as converted me from being Agnostic to "I am gonna go to Mass tomorrow."

0
Reply
Male 353
I am off to read my Holy Bible to figure out what faith Lionhart has been boasting about.
0
Reply
Male 8,302
> ChronicJ
> Jesus said to go OUT and make Disiples of all nations

"And he ordained TWELVE, that they should be with him, and that he might send THEM forth to preach, And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils. And he said unto THEM, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved"

Your "Great Commission" is a modern feelgood lie. By all means Christians should spread their faith and belief, but to pretend you do it by Royal Command is egotistical self-deception on a grand scale.

0
Reply
Male 7,933
"HAIL SATAN!!"

So you`ve met my boss?

0
Reply
Male 12,138
I`m off too, to indulge in the gentle art of Gears of War 2. Peace out, one and all.
0
Reply
Female 4,225
As for myself, I must call it a night as well.

God speed

(Was that right? I am forgetful. If I beleive in God, it`s only as some form of confidence booster or the finger that put the dominos in motion)

0
Reply
Male 8,302
Good point NowPleaseRea, and completely on-topic. Well done, you`ve shamed all of us into remembering why we`re here. It`s called "deception", a "wolf in sheep`s clothing", or more generally, "normal politics".
0
Reply
Male 353
"Jesus certainly said that, and it was in reference to opening your door and letting the disadvantaged have a loaf of bread, a glass of water or shelter; which if you knew me in real life, you would know I have never refused anyone who came to my door."

Lionheart, Jesus said to go OUT and make Disiples of all nations. He did not say you should stay at home and open the door if someone rang....

0
Reply
Female 95
No im not actually satanic at all. I dont worship any being. But I dont think theres any distinction between good and evil. most satanists are weird. lol. however, i do listen to black metal haha.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
Lionhart, only the top quartile of IQ has any chance of understanding your wit. Unfortuntely I-A-B isn`t exactly Mensa. You might`ve noticed.
0
Reply
Male 176
What do you call it when an opposing camp poses as their opposite and presents their views for them in an effort to make them look bad? Did those `527` political ad makers try that tactic this past campaign?
0
Reply
Male 2,313
And on that note, I`m off! I thoroughly enjoyed this discussion, it`s nice to have a place where the minds are at least semi open to talk. Adios all.
0
Reply
Male 8,302
I think I might have to insert a "Boom Boom" in here Davy, I think you`re the only one that got it so far... :-)
0
Reply
Male 12,138
darqnss, are you really a Satanist? Or just a troll?
0
Reply
Male 2,313
You remind me of a friend I had you said he didn`t believe in God, but worshipped Satan. I asked him if he meant evil in general, but he meant the actual fallen angel Lucifer. I asked how that was possible without God, and he stared blankly. He went on to get expelled from three schools before becoming a heroin addict.
0
Reply
Female 95
hahaha arguing about religion is for noob-asses.

ps Im a chick. lol

hail satan.

0
Reply
Male 12,138
Lionhart, darqnss is truly a first-class example of a mass debater at work.
0
Reply
Female 95
Im not lookin to change anyones mind. converting people is dumb. let them find their own way. I dont believe in god. I dont believe theres a difference between good and evil. but Im not gonna shove beliefs on anyone, nor will I be mad if someone tells me their beliefs. Its just pointless.
0
Reply
Male 8,302
Ptooey, food we can make in the dirt in our own back gardens. It`s Apple shares we need, False One!!

(leads mob off to gather stones)

0
Reply
Male 1,091
Did I smell irony?
0
Reply
Male 8,302
> darqnss

Yeah here we`ve been debating it for thousands of pages and all this time i didn`t realise I was a silly bugger. You`ve convinced me! You like arguing in a crowd do you? Like a huge crowd? You really sound like you like mass debating in public. I think you mass debate whenever you can. Keep up that mass debating sir!

0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv "Could work... meh, I think I`ll stick to Christianity, at least until Mod can fry a sausage at 1,000 paces with his little finger."

OK, lemme try:

"And Mod looked upon his creation, and he saw that it was Food."

0
Reply
Male 149
Older tan John McCain
0
Reply
Male 2,313
Ooo darqnss, what a unique and well thought out point. You made me change my mind completely!
0
Reply
Male 2,313
Pretty good interpretation there Lion. Not quite enough to warrant a conversion, but good.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv Lionhart, I have 3 pages favourited from my entire history at I-A-B. You just single-handedly made this one number 4.
0
Reply
Female 95
christians are silly buggers.

HAIL SATAN!!

0
Reply
Male 8,302
1. In the beginning Mod created the forums and the mirth.
2. Now the forum was formless and empty, banality was over the surface of the page, and the spirit of Mod was hovering around my daughters.
3. And Mod said, "Let there be a fight," and there was a fight.
4. Mod saw that the fight was good, and He separated the fight from the blandness.
5. Mod called the fight "flame," and the blandness he called "sigh." And there was evening, and there was morning of the first day.
6. And Mod said, "Let there be a new post between the threads to separate thread from thread."
7. So Mod made the post and separated the thread under the smile from the thread after it. And it was so.

Could work... meh, I think I`ll stick to Christianity, at least until Mod can fry a sausage at 1,000 paces with his little finger.

0
Reply
Female 4,225
It would still be difficult to fully clense the mind, soul, body and spirit
0
Reply
Male 353
"Mr. Chronic, I`m not quite sure what you`re trying to prove here."

I find it funny, tabbing through 13 pages or so of comments on doctrine, and theory and all... But someone calling themselves a Christian, fails to meet the admontion of "The Greatest Commandment" (not my words BTW). The Pharosees of Jesus` time knew the Law (like a lot of Christians who can quote Scripture, Chapter and Verse). It was (and is) written in their mind, but not in their hearts...

0
Reply
Male 7,933
"There is also IABoredeum.
The difference?
The IABoredians believe in only the Bored Face tht had an orgy with the first man and thus populated the Earth.

Davymidens however, disagree. They claim that Dav Yeh Mid is the king of the gods. Dav fathered many other gods.

Two of these gods were Gun Dhi the god of strength, facial hair and splendid nudity and Red One the god of envy.

Dav Yeh Mid ordered them to have sex to create the First Man. This man would be stronng and filled with desire.

It is in their belief that the Bored Face is the face of all the gods combined in one image. Which is why it as asexual an was enable to create a child."

... strong stuff, eh?

0
Reply
Female 4,225
There is also IABoredeum.
The difference?

The IABoredians believe in only the Bored Face tht had an orgy with the first man and thus populated the Earth.

Davymidens however, disagree. They claim that Dav Yeh Mid is the king of the gods. Dav fathered many other gods.

Two of these gods were Gun Dhi the god of strength, facial hair and splendid nudity and Red One the god of envy.

Dav Yeh Mid ordered them to have sex to create the First Man. This man would be stronng and filled with desire.

It is in their belief that the Bored Face is the face of all the gods combined in one image. Which is why it as asexual an was enable to create a child.

0
Reply
Male 2,313
Mr. Chronic, I`m not quite sure what you`re trying to prove here.
0
Reply
Male 237
Edward current is really, really annoying, regardless of his viewpoint. I would probably strike him.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv "I proclaim a new religion--Davymidism."

Tis true Gandhi. Tis true.

"For I am the Lord thy Mod, and thou shalt have no other Mods before me"

0
Reply
Female 4,225
Congrats Davy!

Also, is it just me or have the not-so good creationists gone bye-bye?

0
Reply
Male 353
"ChronicJ, I fail to see how Lion "ridiculed the disabled". Thou shalt not joke is not a commandment, by the way."

"Oh that`s easy, all you do is go up to a disabled person, tell them you`re a famous doctor/scientist and that you`ve finally come up with a permanent cure for what they have which only takes 5 minutes and can be done right here, now... then look at your watch and say "Oh, is that the time??" and hurry away."

Good way to spread the Gospel.I guess he could said "Dump them out of their wheel chair."

The Pharosees didn`t fool Jesus.

0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv "Get a lot of work done today, Davy?"

You darned Christians, always with the laying down the Guilt. Thanks Lionhart. Thanks a bunch.

0
Reply
Male 8,302
> davymid
> This is my 3000th post, bitches!

Silly Davy, Creationist-Me can only see 3 posts! You must be mistaken. Get a lot of work done today, Davy? :-)

0
Reply
Male 2,028
OH MY GOD DAVY
The time is here. It has arrived. I proclaim that the day has come, the day that the Great Mod has posted... his 3000th comment.
*bows down*
We are not worthy, we are not worthy.
I proclaim a new religion--Davymidism.
0
Reply
Male 2,313
gandhi, as far as a "human-like God" or the "we were made in his image" part, there are several really interesting theories on what that means. There are those who think it means we look like him, but I also read a thought provoking essay about how that means that we were given thought, free will, etc, which separates us from the animals and makes us closer to His image.

0
Reply
Male 8,302
I profess my Faith openly to all, not unashamed of it, but I do not claim that every Believer has to believe what I personally do - Faith is a personal thing. I do not claim to be perfect, and my sense of humour is quirky, outlandish and sometimes offensive. Jesus certainly said that, and it was in reference to opening your door and letting the disadvantaged have a loaf of bread, a glass of water or shelter; which if you knew me in real life, you would know I have never refused anyone who came to my door. If my comments offended you I apologise profusely, and now go to flail myself.
0
Reply
Male 2,028
sixclaws, that theory is MUCH more likely than the human-esque theory that is most prevalent. So it`s more like, a thinking spirit-like thing, right? Though I still don`t think that`s the case, it is interesting and more likely than the conventional idea of God.
0
Reply
Male 2,313
Davy, I would like to offer you a massive "Grats" from me and a "Well done" from my God.
0
Reply
Male 2,313
ChronicJ, I fail to see how Lion "ridiculed the disabled". Thou shalt not joke is not a commandment, by the way.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
I would just like to drop the A-bomb on everyone in this thread, by making a profound and earth-shattering statement which is guaranteed to shake every soul on this board to the very foundations of their belief in the existence or non-existence of an almighty creator. Y`all ready for this? Here goes...

"This is my 3000th post, bitches!"

Now all of you, go and gibber in the corner while your puny mind futiley attempts to digest the enormity of that statement.

0
Reply
Female 4,225
Oh and one last note, it is possible that some who `hear god` are schiophrenics.

However, if this is true...it propbably is, but Jesus was DEFINETLY not one of them. Just putting it in the field.

0
Reply
Male 353
So ridiculing the disbaled is part of God`s path for salvation for you Lionhart? I seem to remember a guy named Jesus who once said something like, "That which you do to the least of these, you do unto me." You set a great Christian example...
0
Reply
Female 4,225
Okok. Just as long as you consider that they cn co-exist.


But catastrophism COULD work. Think aboyt it, we don`;t TRULY know how other species` died

0
Reply
Male 8,302
> Overmann
> I`m growing rather tired of Edward Current`s stuff. Maybe it`s his voice. Yeah, part of it`s definitely his voice. The other bit is it`s nothing new

Out of left-field, a GOAL for being 100% on-topic! I never saw it coming!

0
Reply
Female 4,225
But who says YOU`RE right?

There have been thousands of religions since man asked `why?`

0
Reply
Male 2,313
Ok Turnshroud, one last time. We believe in science! We do, really,
0
Reply
Male 2,028
While I don`t think there`s a "god," if a god is defined as a human-like being with thoughts, feelings, etc., I DO believe in a sort of higher power that created everything by means of the Big Bang and evolution, etc.
There`s not enough evidence to clearly support either side though, but I find it unlikely that there`s a human-like god that so many people seem to believe in.
0
Reply
Male 2,313
The Bible chronicles the going ons of the land where God was working with his people, which was not in North America.
0
Reply
Female 4,225
Yes.

I`m just saying that if you don`t beleive in science, then you might not beleive in mutations

Oh and, there`s still no North Americans in it

0
Reply
Male 2,605
I`m growing rather tired of Edward Current`s stuff. Maybe it`s his voice. Yeah, part of it`s definitely his voice. The other bit is it`s nothing new.
0
Reply
Male 8,302
> Turnshroud
> there are no blacks in the Bible of any other ethnicity

Where the heck do you get that? The OT is full of people of different skin colours, heights, builds, and languages - from the Tower of Babel on especially, but even before that.

0
Reply
Male 2,028
I have nothing wrong with people believing in God, I just don`t like it when those who do try to force others to accept their beliefs and change their lifestyles, and try to force their opinions upon those who disagree with them. Theists and atheists alike. Fortunately I don`t see this here. :-)
This WAS a little off-topic though, so sorry for that.
0
Reply
Male 2,313
As far as the "made in Gods image" part, how does being deformed make you a spawn of the devil again? And as for the not believing in science, just plain wrong. It is possible to believe in both science and God. I`m proof.
0
Reply
Female 4,225
*looks at Lion*

...yay...

0
Reply
Male 8,302
> ChronicJ
> You are one of his creations that is predesintined to go to Hell?

Silly Chronic, don`t you know no-one religious thinks that THEY are the sinner going to hell, its everyone else! :-) For me its simple, if there IS a God (which I am convinced there is), then by definition, God is all-powerful. Since He is all-powerful, only He can decide who goes to Heaven or Hell - if it were not so, then He would have limits on His power, and therefore NOT be God. Modern religions fail at the point where they say "Just let Jesus into your heart and you`ll be saved, He can make the offer but YOU have to accept Him in" - so what they are really saying is "Jesus is not all-powerful, in fact, YOU are more powerful than Him because YOU can do something He can`t". To me that is total blasphemy.

0
Reply
Male 2,313
BAM!! Suck it Trunshroud!
0
Reply
Female 4,225
It probably is...explain?
0
Reply
Male 353
"ChronicJ is cruisin` for a verbal brusin`!"

Just trying to understand a guy who calls himself a hardcore Christian who makes fun the the disabled, that is all.

0
Reply
Male 2,313
Turnshroud, that is hands down the worst point anyone has ever made about anything, ever.
0
Reply
Female 4,225
Ok, if you believe in God, and take what He says for true, then you have to realie the following. This is something that was actually at one point realized when we discovered North America.

What was it? That there are no blacks in the Bible of any other ethnicity other than those of the Old World.

Therefore, since man was created in God’s image, then all deformed people and people who are not white are spawns of the devil.

This was realized when I was reminiscing about some book I partly read. I forget the name and all that, but basically they killed deformed people and animals.

Oh and, since you don’t believe in science, then you don’t believe in genetic mutation and all that.

0
Reply
Male 2,313
ChronicJ is cruisin` for a verbal brusin`!
0
Reply
Male 7,933
"(Puts blindfold back on and returns to chanting stoopid Catholic mantras)"

Silly lion, we don`t have mantras, we have Hymms

0
Reply
Male 353
So Lionhart.. you are Calvinist? You are obviously not one of God`s "Elect," right? You are one of his creations that is predesintined to go to Hell?
0
Reply
Male 2,313
Thanks Lionhart, I`ve found that a lot of people who take their religion old school come into it themselves, while most who put it on a back burner but still claim to be believers were raised that way.
0
Reply
Female 4,225
BAH! Where`s my microsoft word?

There it is

0
Reply
Male 2,028
sixclaws... you have only just begun to know...
0
Reply
Male 8,302
> Turnshroud
> You know, the one where the fossils resulted from numerous creations?

What fossils????

(Puts blindfold back on and returns to chanting stoopid Catholic mantras)

0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv Six, I`ve been pleading with Turnshroud to take the mitts off for many many long months...
0
Reply
Male 2,313
Turnshroud, are you ok? You seem to type... erratically.
0
Reply
Female 4,225
Hey Lion, are you a catastrophist?

You know, the one where the fossils resulted from numerous creations?

But it`s good to see people that say "Love Jesus or go to hell,"but are not hypothetical. No offense

0
Reply
Male 8,302
> davymid
> Amaq managed to make at least one disabled person cry

Oh that`s easy, all you do is go up to a disabled person, tell them you`re a famous doctor/scientist and that you`ve finally come up with a permanent cure for what they have which only takes 5 minutes and can be done right here, now... then look at your watch and say "Oh, is that the time??" and hurry away.

0
Reply
Female 4,225
I liked how the guyt made the vid though.

Lion- nyou`re religious? then better get off mate, we`re all going to hell. jkjk

But in religious terms, I`m probab;ly going 2 all hells.


Drug resistance is evolution.
So is sticking a needle in yourself. The skin gets resistent after a while.

Oh and, that `training` they did in Russi where they punch you constantly...ould you use this as an example?

0
Reply
Male 8,302
1 of these things is not like the others, 3 of these things are kind of the same, can you tell me which is not like the others, before we finish our game?

> sixclaws13
> Lionhart How did you get into Calvinism?

I was raised in a Christian family but pretty much rejected all of it. As I aged I discovered for myself examples of what I saw as proof of God`s existence; logically since I now believed He existed, the Bible must be read as truth, every word of it. I saw corruption of that message in almost every Christian I met, to some extent or other - people who said they were saved because "Jesus loves them" but still lived lives of unrepented sin, taking their "salvation" as a license to live however they wanted. I discovered all Baptist doctrine is a watered-down version of the original, which is labelled these days as "Calvinism", to get bums on seats.

0
Reply
Male 2,313
Little late ghandi, but it may start back up in a little while when people get off work.
0
Reply
Male 1,765
"Because historically, every time science has contradicted religion the fanatics have dismissed, opposed, or attacked the new findings that dare contradict their faith."

But science does not contradict religion, or viceversa! Seriously, if you dismiss science due to your religion, you`re failing to understand the Bible. As Pope John Paul II once said: the Bible is not a science paper, it`s a book about religion and morals.

0
Reply
Female 4,225
Yes.

I is very happy now.

I suspected it...just didn`t truel know.

I wondered for a moment if he were stupider than venomfangx

0
Reply
Male 2,028
I want in in this debate! If... if it`s still going on...?
0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv "So... did we prove that God exists or doesn`t exist while I was selfishly sleeping?"

Welcome back Lion! Nah, no further along on that one... most of the thread to date was spent between me and Amaq, specifically on whether or not my personal disbelief in any gods equated me to a genocidal ethnic-cleansing racial supremacist. I`ll give you the highlights reel:

1. Davymid didn`t attack Christianity one single bloody time (cookie?) but spent most of the time defending atheism (still trying to figure out why it needs defending being the default position and all that, but anyway...)

2. Amaq managed to make at least one disabled person cry.

3. Jury`s still out as to the origins of morality.

4. Benjaphar won the internet by responding to Amaq`s comment "god is in everything" with the following zinger "Well since God is in me, he inspired me to tell you that he doesn`t exist."

I think that about covers it so far...

0
Reply
Male 353
It is called satire, Turnshroud
0
Reply
Female 4,225
If I draw the Natzi symbol and compare it to the Ameroicn eagle carrying the flag,..and say they`re the same, does it make it true?

OF COURSE NOT!

I was waiting fo this guy to announce he was joking.

But I beleive he may have been?

PLESAE tell me he was joking

0
Reply
Male 353

0
Reply
Male 353
I believe in Calvin and Hobbes
0
Reply
Male 90
I stopped watching after I heard him talk.
He just sounds annoying and it doesn`t help that he is saying annoying things.
I wrote on a piece of paper "I am God."
It says on this paper that I am God, therefor I am God because I wrote and I am God.
0
Reply
Male 1,002
oh man.. I am not putting my fingerprints on that trainwreck!
0
Reply
Female 1,963
I think "Biblical proof" is a bit of an oxymoron.
0
Reply
Male 2,313
Lionhart, I have a question, if you don`t mind me asking. How did you get into Calvinism? Were you raised into it or did you discover it on your own?
0
Reply
Male 8,302
> felena
> using Stephen Hawking as a "scientist freak" because he has ALS, is a cheap shot

Yeah but he`s a TIMMY!!! midget in a wheelchair who can calculate how many neutrino quark warp strings are in your farts, but hasn`t discovered that speech synthesisers have got a lot better since Macintalk back in the 80`s?? C`mon, that poo is funny. Doesn`t Steven Hawking just strike you as a bit "unlikely", like he was scripted as a character on "Cheers" or something?

0
Reply
Male 353
Easter Bunny... They made that one up as well...
0
Reply
Male 2,313
Proved beyond a shadow of a doubt. Case closed. Now we can move on to Big Foot.
0
Reply
Male 353
No.. And Santa Claus has been debunked too....
0
Reply
Male 8,302
My God (or Deity, Theorum, or Subtitute of Your Choice), this thread sure took off overnight! I would say "Good morning" but since it means "God be with you this morning" that`s maybe not the best thing to say right now. So... did we prove that God exists or doesn`t exist while I was selfishly sleeping?
0
Reply
Male 2,313
rstanding between the two; the best we can hope for is a peaceful coexistence, which will never come about unless both sides begin to realize that the other isn`t stupid, ignorant or stubborn, but that they truly hold what they believe as the truth.
0
Reply
Male 2,313
Wow, amaq was kind of alone there. I`m just going to copy and paste something from a previous post, because I think it is still relevant. There are admittedly strong arguments against faith being valid. I myself have experienced both ends of the argument, having been strongly agnostic leaning towards atheism for most of my thinking life. An extraordinary claim requires extraordinary evidence, and we, as a collective group of faithful, have none to offer the secular world. The evidence comes not to the whole, but to the individual. No doubt there are those who blindly accept both side of the argument, and there always will be. But for those of us who truly believe in something more, who really, truly believe, not just accept, it becomes so much more than something that can be proven through debate. And when the secular world accuses us of blindly accepting, of being unintelligent or believing fairy tales, it becomes offensive on a personal level. There will likely never be cohesive unde
0
Reply
Male 353
There is no such thing as God. Grow up aleady.
0
Reply
Female 511
That was friggin` awesome. Almost thought he was serious for the first 30 seconds or so... but that was hilarious.
0
Reply
Male 2,313
"Lionhart2

Sorry Gothic, I`m a Reformed Calvinist Christian which is about as hardcore as you can get, and I found it hilarious too. The guy`s ignorance of the subject he was piss-taking was evident from first point, where he misquotes scripture (God made the heaven*S*, ie the sky, not the Heaven place) to the last point (there are 3 aspects of God, not 2 - Father, Son and Holy Spirit - that`s why "they" are called The Holy Trinity). I wasn`t the least bit offended, because statements like "science and reason have no place in religion" are so laughable they jsut prove what a douchebag he is. No Christian was EVER afraid of science and reason, our Faith cannot fail any test science produces, so bring it on!"

Amen.

0
Reply
Male 271
yeeeey, God! <3 †
0
Reply
Male 845
felena

but god did say he wrote the bible...and anyone who has views that difer from mine (or pat robertsons) is obviously wrong. Go McCain. we can still win this thing.

0
Reply
Male 14
guys ... check the youtube page..its states

"My indisputable Biblical proof that atheists are deluded and stupid. (Yes, this is a SATIRE.)"

thus take it lightly! :D

0
Reply
Female 381
and also, using Stephen Hawking as a "scientist freak" because he has ALS, is a cheap shot.
0
Reply
Female 381
Oh joy..... another one of these.....

1) God did not write the bible, or say he did.
2) If you ignore the bible, you have NO PROOF.
3) I don`t believe in `God`, but I respect everyone`s personal choice. I don`t believe that religion will EVER be squashed, and I`m fine with that.... As long as people don`t try to shove THEIR religion down MY throat, I don`t give a damn what you believe or not.

0
Reply
Female 449
And Duckboy, life isnt some Videogame or movie, get your head out of the sand.
0
Reply
Female 449
"Well since God is in me, he inspired me to tell you that he doesn exist. Case closed."
brilliant

Lol, amaq I find it funny how you have nothing else to say to that because you know he made you look like a complete idiot. And while I`m at it, since "God" is in me and everyone else, how come the majority of people here realize that you`re a pile of bullpoo. Actually most people have something called "Reason", most people have it but too bad you dont. cya

0
Reply
Male 3,625
I`m borderline Atheist.
I believe something is out there, but as to what?

I would like to rule in the notion of many gods for many worlds. Yes that would mean that there is life outside this earth as well, but limited to one per world.
These gods are having contests with each other, manipulating worlds to make the inhabitants better. And in the end we shall invade another`s homeworld, or another shall invade ours. And whoever wins, our manipulator wins.

0
Reply
Female 449
"Either this guy is an idiot that believes everything hes read, or hes an atheist trying to make Christians stupid."

Since you`re not smart enough to figure it out yourself, he`s obviously just trying to send the message that the christians arguements against fundamental sciences are actually pretty ridiculous. For example, the part where he sais "Obviously God created the light from those Galaxies so that when he gave us telescopes we would have more stuff to look at". Obvious enough for you?

0
Reply
Male 1,455
"I don`t understand why some people think it has to be either Science or Religion."

Because historically, every time science has contradicted religion the fanatics have dismissed, opposed, or attacked the new findings that dare contradict their faith.

0
Reply
Male 510
"No they haven`t. They[`ve] actually thought less about it."
Care to explain?
0
Reply
Male 1,765
Oh God... not another one of these videos... no more religious debates...

I hate atheists who believe all Christians are foundamentalist morons who think to Earth is 6000 years old and do not believe in evolution. I also hate it when this atheists try to sell your believes to you. You`re not doing anybody a favor pal, you might as well shut up.
I hate foundamentalist Christians who take the Bible way too literally, and think God literally did create us in 6 days.
I don`t understand why some people think it has to be either Science or Religion.

0
Reply
Male 2,306
"Funny. Recently, a friend of mine said that she used to think agnostics were taking the easy way out, but as she thought more about the whole thing she realized they had thought through it more than anyone else."

No they haven`t. They actually thought less about it.

0
Reply
Male 76
Either this guy is an idiot that believes everything hes read, or hes an atheist trying to make Christians stupid.
0
Reply
Female 614
this is awesome
0
Reply
Male 56
GAH! Once again it is confirmed that it is impossible to create something so rediculous that people will realize it`s a joke. He was being satyrical. Also, supersai20, African american is not a belief sytem
0
Reply
Female 2,258
vv Wow... that`s not even close to being a valid arguement.
0
Reply
Male 105
why do people continue to believe christians are idiots?? we have just as valid opinions a you do
its like saying african americans are idiots (which of course isnt true)
0
Reply
Female 194
Please let this be a parody, PLEASE let this be a parody!
0
Reply
Male 536
Lol.
0
Reply
Male 1,540
I thought for once Christians would get the bat and start bashing atheists... But they didn`t.

I thought this was hilarious.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
i guess ill come back and defend the existence of god later if i have to but i need to sleep now, peace everyone, and god bless :-)
0
Reply
Male 2,245
"Well since God is in me, he inspired me to tell you that he doesn exist. Case closed."

brilliant

0
Reply
Male 2,245
"Moral ethics are beneficial to our survival, so they are passed on to future generations as favorable characteristics. The simple fact that we have a civilization requires that we have these shared moral behaviors - otherwise we`d go live alone in caves where nobody would kill us, steal our food or our women. These moral characteristics are exhibited by animals as well. Once again, the answer is evolution and Natural Selection- not "magic man done it"."


if you think what is socially expected from people is morality then i don`t know what to say. social expectations are a bane on true morality.

0
Reply
Male 108
"god is in everything. if man wrote the bible, obviously, then the truth was inspired through them, god spoke through them. because god was in them, as he is in everyone and everything."

Well since God is in me, he inspired me to tell you that he doesn exist. Case closed.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
"Morality? The most atheist countries (Sweden, Norway and Japan) have the LOWEST crime rates. The more religious a country is, the more the crime goes up."

when religion is just a staple of a society and people just go through the motions that is not religion and god is not in it. ive said this a million times now this thread, something pure is easily tainted.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
everyone whos posted that god didnt write the bible a million times now please stop, that does not matter because god is not only in the bible but in the world. god is in everything. if man wrote the bible, obviously, then the truth was inspired through them, god spoke through them. because god was in them, as he is in everyone and everything.
0
Reply
Male 5,194
Morality? The most atheist countries (Sweden, Norway and Japan) have the LOWEST crime rates. The more religious a country is, the more the crime goes up.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
"amaq, i believe thats what i said. I`m surprised you dont ask how athiests can believe they manifested morality."

wrong stop trying to act more intelligent then everyone. we can only define pure reason, there are things beyond that which are divine such as our conscious, its a spiritual thing. our morality comes from this spiritual side that is not attainable through reason, this spirit is god.

0
Reply
Male 108
"On the athiests side god never existed in the first place. Mankind lives morally through their own will to do so without having been givin this sense."

Moral ethics are beneficial to our survival, so they are passed on to future generations as favorable characteristics. The simple fact that we have a civilization requires that we have these shared moral behaviors - otherwise we`d go live alone in caves where nobody would kill us, steal our food or our women. These moral characteristics are exhibited by animals as well. Once again, the answer is evolution and Natural Selection- not "magic man done it".

0
Reply
Male 12,138
Anyways, I`m going to have to duck out. Amaq, I notice some posters are starting to attack the Bible, how about you go play defence instead of offence for a while and go defend The Good Book.

Laters.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
"Amaq, I`ve never said anything about "pure reason", that`s you you you. I try to be a good member of society and try to so the right thing whenever I can. Like I`ve said a hundred times, I`m socially altruistic. THAT is my ideology. "

pure reason is all that exists without god thats just a factual statement.

0
Reply
Male 136
amaq, i believe thats what i said. I`m surprised you dont ask how athiests can believe they manifested morality.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
"amaq, why dont you see what the arguements really are?

So even if mankind abandoned the thought of god completely, we would likely still have morality, because god created everything and instilled morality into us at creation.

On the athiests side god never existed in the first place. Mankind lives morally through their own will to do so without having been givin this sense.

Clearly this is a stalemate."

we are instilled with a potential to go either way. a true belief in god will lead you to morality. people who do good are believing in god in some way even if they deny it. god is goodness so to do good is to worship god. but to not acknowledge goodness as god and instead praise ourselves is where we get into trouble and often lose our way.

0
Reply
Male 32
God didn`t write the bible. And the humans who did actually took the egyptian stories and wrote them as variation in the bible. There are many similarities between the two religions except christianity is actually relativly a new religion. Look up zeitgeist the movie.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
Amaq, I`ve never said anything about "pure reason", that`s you you you. I try to be a good member of society and try to so the right thing whenever I can. Like I`ve said a hundred times, I`m socially altruistic. THAT is my ideology.

On a completely separate and unrelated note, I happen to be an atheist. Once again, all that means is I don`t believe that god exists. One has nothing to do with the other.

For context by the way (not that it has anything to do with the discussion at hand, but may be of interest), I was once a hardcore born-again Christian for many years. I`m talking Bible camps, weekend retreats, Christian music concerts, the works. Then many different things happened in my life as I grew older (don`t ask, cause I`m not going to talk about it) that made me come to the conclusion that god probably doesn`t exist.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
davymid i never attacked you personally. i`m sure you are a great guy. but like i said in my last post you are great guy for reasons beyond pure reason and deny it. that`s my argument.
0
Reply
Male 136
amaq, why dont you see what the arguements really are?

So even if mankind abandoned the thought of god completely, we would likely still have morality, because god created everything and instilled morality into us at creation.

On the athiests side god never existed in the first place. Mankind lives morally through their own will to do so without having been givin this sense.

Clearly this is a stalemate.

0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv "but happiness i`m sure is almost nonexistent to starving children in a third world country."

Very sad and very true. That`s why I contribute charitably whenever I can to thrid world relief. In fact, my wife and I are currently "sponsoring" a young orphan girl in Haiti (in a Catholic convent school) all the way through her education, so that she might have a better chance at happiness in the future.

And I know anyone can say any old thing over the internet, but I promise that`s 100% true. Is your phantom of the big bad immoral atheist starting to break down any Amaq, now that you`re actually talking to one?

0
Reply
Male 2,245
davymid without a god there is only logic and reason, but obviously there is more than that, so you exist with these divine aspects, which are there whether you believe in them or not, and claim that they arent.
0
Reply
Female 741
This person who made this is stupid, god didn`t write the bible, man wrote the bible, and scientists test the earth, and it says it`s been around for longer then 6,000 years, they even find artifacts..so if anything if there WAS a god, he`s proving to the scientists that they are right. I`m no atheist, I used to think of myself as one, but I only believe in the universe, no religion whatsoever, I just don`t enjoy labels, they make problems. I don`t believe in God, because I don`t believe in words as something they lasts forever or this mind or this time , a idol can be your god, and someone who believes in the christian god can slip up and pray to an idol to something other then god, like materialism and not even realize it, they`re hypocrites.

Were like ants believing humans are god, when it`s just the next level, just keeps going.

No god!

0
Reply
Male 2,245
pure easily tainted
0
Reply
Male 2,245
and according to you happiness is the ultimate goal


and by the way how can you have an ultimate goal for life that is completely unattainable for some. when i talk about joy that is a very different thing, it`s an inner peace. but happiness i`m sure is almost nonexistent to starving children in a third world country.

0
Reply
Male 949
Heh heh heh... about 2 minutes in you realize it`s a parody poking fun at Christians. That, or the guy is incredibly, unbelievably stupid.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv "why, these criminals have a negative effect on society and lower your happiness."

Then they serve time in jail and hopefully reform, and rejoin society to make a contribution. How about most countries/states that have capital punishment for criminals are deeply religious, such as the Islamic theocracies of teh Middle East or the Southern US states? Where`s the compassion there?

0
Reply
Male 12,138
And please stop banging on about my "ideology". As I`ve said before, I`m atheist. It`s not an ideology. All it means is I don`t believe in the existence of a god or gods. It has absolutley no bearing on anything else, so stop trying to make atheism out to be more than it is.

I`m an atheist, and I`m totally against anarchy, nihilism, racial engineering, and everything else you`ve tried to accuse me of.

Note by the way that I havn`t attacked Christianity in all your ranting (as easy as it is to do), but have sat here and taken misguided strawman argument attack after attack?

Please stop attacking ideals that have nothing to do with atheism.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
"Definitely. I think capital punishment is abhorrent in the extreme."

why, these criminals have a negative effect on society and lower your happiness.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
"are you suggesting that humans cannot possess morality without the existance of god amaq?

lets redirect this more precisely."

youre logic is so flawed right now, i dont think anything exists without god, do you know what i mean when i say i believe in god? its not just something that i think is in my head to make me be nice.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
"See Amaq? Told you what you were spouting was pretty f*cking offensive. Well done on upsetting shortsagitar, perhaps deeply."

that doesn`t even make sense, this was a philosophical conversation where i was making conjectures based off of assumptions, and i was clearly using absurdist arguments

0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv "do you have compassion for criminals?"

Definitely. I think capital punishment is abhorrent in the extreme.

0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv "are you suggesting that humans cannot possess morality without the existance of god amaq?"

Yup. For the last 4 pages now.

0
Reply
Male 136
are you suggesting that humans cannot possess morality without the existance of god amaq?

lets redirect this more precisely.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
so a poor person who is alone can`t know happiness. i mean i guess part of the reason i believe in god is that in god there is equality. i believe that everyone can find the joy of god no matter what and that provides an equality to the world and a connection between my fellow man beyond just wanting him to promote the society so i gain something from him. do you have compassion for criminals?
0
Reply
Female 2,258
Shorts... you have every right to be alive and to have children someday. I really hope nothing said here has made you feel like anyone truly believes otherwise.


However, to be completely honest, I would choose to adopt over having children myself if I had a major affliction depending on what it was and what the chances are of passing it on. I`d actually like to be tested for any recessive genes that could produce sickly children to avoid it. Not because I don`t think they have the right to be born, but because in my eyes it would be selfish to bring a child into the world if you knew they weren`t going to be well. For example those children who were born with the disease that their skin could kill them... the parents knew after the first child that if they were to have another there was something like an 80% chance and they had a second anyway. I just think that`s unbelievably selfish.

0
Reply
Male 307
heehee
0
Reply
Male 12,138
See Amaq? Told you what you were spouting was pretty f*cking offensive. Well done on upsetting shortsagitar, perhaps deeply.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
and i wasnt putting words in your mouths i was just asking you to defend your ideals. i was taking a foundation of your ideals and interpreting it in a certain way and asking why it was not so.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
Amaq, happiness to me is having a loving wife, a beautiful baby girl, a nice home, enough money to be comfortable, my health and the health of my family. All set against the bcakground of a nice stable society where everyone can get along with one another, and anyone who breaks the rules is going to jail. That`s my happiness.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
short sagitar i think you might be referring to my posts and i was taking a godless view in an extreme direction to attack atheism.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv "so you people who say someone who isnt perfect shouldnt be alive (im pretty sure thats what i got from all this)"

Not in the slightest for even a second shortsagitar. That`s just the words that Amaq has been trying to ram into our mouths for the last 3 pages.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
allright but then what is happiness?
0
Reply
Female 675
so you people who say someone who isnt perfect shouldnt be alive (im pretty sure thats what i got from all this)

are you saying i should be dead and not have to have kids?

i have neurofibromatosis which has caused pseudoarthrosis in my arm and scoliosis...

thats right im deformed.... are you saying that because my genes are not perfect i shouldnt have kids? that because there is a 50% chance of me passing it onto my childern i shouldnt have the right to even HAVE kids?

0
Reply
Male 2,245
actually now that im thinking about it more youre kind of right lauraly, that immune system thing makes a lot of sense. i was obviously just being dramatic in that last post, but i think i would still want to have kids, but it would definitely be a consideration.
0
Reply
Female 2,258
vv I didn`t say that was why I left him... but it certainly didn`t help with the whole "let`s have babies" thing. Though I was pretty convinced that mine was strong enough to counteract his weakness. Plus, he was otherwise pretty physically fit.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv "allright, then why would happiness be the ultimate goal of an atheist, what is happiness to an atheist, is it purely pleasure?"

Trying to set-up for the old tired "Why don`t you just go and rape and pillage then" headshot Amaq?

I can talk about social altruism all day, but it`s not going to sink in, is it?

0
Reply
Male 2,245
i already said schecter that something that is pure is easily tainted.
0
Reply
Male 510
"Agnostics are pussies."
Funny. Recently, a friend of mine said that she used to think agnostics were taking the easy way out, but as she thought more about the whole thing she realized they had thought through it more than anyone else.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
"That`s not entirely true... just because they are attractive doesn`t mean they are without undesirable traits. For example, I have an incredible immune system, it takes a lot for me to get sick, and I always fight off colds quickly. My ex had a horrible immune system. He`d catch colds quickly and hold onto them forever. We got sick at the same time once (I gave it to him) and I was over it in a week while it took him 3 for the same throat infection. His weak immune system is an undesirable trait. "

oh sh*t i wasn`t even thinking that deep into it. to be honest thought that wouldnt even cross my mind. if i loved someone and they got cancer every time someone sneezed near them id still have kids with them.

0
Reply
Male 12,138
Aaaaand we have a new member! Happy First Post LordBored, welcome to I-A-B.

I`m afraid you join us at a bad time, there`s a bit of a flame-war going on... Or maybe it`s a good time, I dunno.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
allright, then why would happiness be the ultimate goal of an atheist, what is happiness to an atheist, is it purely pleasure?
0
Reply
Male 406
why attack the institution amaq? what has an atheist done that some one of organized religion hasn`t? how do you explain the theistic murders, warmonger, drug users, and actions it seems you would wet your panties over while saying they are properties of the atheist population?
oh, sorry i wasn`t attacking you, just your religion. just like christianity has cause the most violent/war-related deaths out of any religion. ever. but hey, it must be because god said so, so its ok right?
0
Reply
Male 18
It`s sad that I wasn`t sure if this was a joke or not.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
OK, new can of worms is good! Let`s debate that topic and stay away from the genocide stuff.
0
Reply
Female 675
my view on religion?

im agnostic.. im not so bold as to say there is or isnt a god... i have no proof either way.

I think if there IS a god that as long as you are generaly a good person and you dont lie or cheat or kill then you will go to heaven.

i ALSO think that while the bible may not have been written by god its a good way to live... the ten comandments tell you how to be a good person...

and my other big thing is gay marridge.

If you live in america you have the right to persuit happyness... it says so right in the consitutuion..
give me one good reason why the american government shouldnt let gays get married...

and no that DOESNT mean the bible says so... its called seperation of church and state.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
your opening up a whole new can of worms with that davymid because what you call happiness i call joy which is a divine goal.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv "without a god the ultimate goal is to promote the species right"

OK last word on the matter. Wrong. The ultimate goal is happiness, nothing at all about species or racial promotion.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
davymid i`m not trying to insult anyone i am attacking an institution.
0
Reply
Female 541
I`m like... agnostic/atheist.

but you know what? there are not only two beliefs in this world! there isn`t christians v. atheist. perhaps in america there is, but what about the rest of the world? what about buddhism? like really, how can we even be debating this. the bible doesn`t apply to every single religion. a religion is a BELIEF, not a FACT.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
then i would have to say that i find your position on that matter absolutely appalling and disgusting you freaking nazi, no offense of course.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
Look Amaq, you`ve been needling and chipping away for the last 3 pages now that Atheism is an ideology tantamount to fascism, racial supremacy, ethnic cleansing and genocide. As an atheist, I`m starting to find it very offensive. How about we change the record?
0
Reply
Male 406
i would think along the lines of offspring limitation i.e. some couples have on child and some 2 or 3. the more desirable the traits, the more children are aloud to be produced. think of the possible alternatives before you say a definite man. general rule of thumb.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
Lauraly, i think for the most part what is naturally attractive to us generally works out pretty well for our kid`s sakes anyway.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
"I alreasy answered you Amaq, it`s called social atruism, it`s genetic, and can be explained in evolutionary terms. Again, that link:"

i dont like that website, it`s very poorly written. but who cares about that, what i`m saying is that without a god the ultimate goal is to promote the species right. so therefore it doesn`t matter what traits we adopted in the past, using pure reason lets remove undesirable traits and promote the species. i think we`re having a bit of a backwards debate on free will here too.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
"woah, did i say anything about killing people? no i didn`t. you seem rather hostile mate. i think you need a hug. wait i`m atheist, i shan`t let my dirty, godlessness in your presence. besides, empathy is part of religion right? so how i feel must be the offspring of some sort of subconscious god in me! ha! check mate atheists.
-_-"


first of all schecter i think you are saved just like me and are as deserving of god`s grace as anyone. and secondly i brought up killing people because that would be how you got rid of undesirable traits. and thirdly yeah actually i think our conscious is one of the most compelling testaments to the existence of a higher power.

0
Reply
Male 12,138
"i`m asking you if there is any reason why we should not remove undesirable traits if we are relying on pure reason."

I alreasy answered you Amaq, it`s called social atruism, it`s genetic, and can be explained in evolutionary terms. Again, that link:

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB411.html

0
Reply
Male 406
woah, did i say anything about killing people? no i didn`t. you seem rather hostile mate. i think you need a hug. wait i`m atheist, i shan`t let my dirty, godlessness in your presence. besides, empathy is part of religion right? so how i feel must be the offspring of some sort of subconscious god in me! ha! check mate atheists.
-_-
0
Reply
Male 2,245
and about the evils committed by religion, i believe that something that is pure is easily tainted.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
"Stop putting words in the mouths of atheists that atheism is somehow advocational of racial supremacy. I say again: Atheism is lack of belief in a god, nothing more, nothing less. "

you can`t just believe something about the very nature of existence without it affecting how you live you`re life, and i`m not talking about historic genocide, i`m asking you if there is any reason why we should not remove undesirable traits if we are relying on pure reason.

0
Reply
Female 2,258
I`m not offended. And I`m a person who doesn`t believe god exists though I admit I could possibly be wrong... simply because there`s just no way of proving either side without a doubt. But, i wouldn`t consider myself agnostic. (I`m not really sure that makes sense.) And I appreciate your respect.
Well.. I mean part of it has to do with attraction... we are biologically attracted to certain people for a reason. But I actually consciously think about what attributes of my partner would be beneficial (or detrimental) if we did have children someday. I`ve always sort of done it, but more so now that I`m an adult and would actually like to have children in the not-to-distant future (though not exactly anytime soon).
0
Reply
Male 2,245
so what you`re saying, is the only reason that you would not murder countless people with "unsatisfactory traits" is only because the species may not survive long afterwards? really? i mean sh*t your theory on why it wouldn`t work out in the long run seems a little weak anyway.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv "i`m a little scared about how you guys are tip toeing around this subject. is this idea appealing to you? i really hope not."

Oh hush Amaq. What you`re describing is genocide. Social altruism (which can be explained in evolutionary terms, if you read my previous linky) will not allow it.

Historically, the vast majority of instances of genocide/ethnic cleansing have been in the name of religion, or at least had a religious component.

Stop putting words in the mouths of atheists that atheism is somehow advocational of racial supremacy. I say again: Atheism is lack of belief in a god, nothing more, nothing less.

0
Reply
Male 81
please let this be satirical, PLEASE!!!
0
Reply
Male 406
i don`t think a race of "perfect" people would survive long lol. genetic mutations through sun exposure would kinda make a genetically perfect and same civilization impossible anyways.

oh and as for the the face averaging thing i found a link. its pretty cool and a fun way to waste some time.
http://www.faceresearch.org/demos/averag...

0
Reply
Male 2,245
no offense, just weird

and actually that`s kind of a way of actually living an atheist`s ideology so i respect that. wait you are an atheist right, it seems like everyone else is right now.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
"I know you were being sardonic, but actually.. I do that."

weird

0
Reply
Male 2,245
"um.. we do improve our race over time man."

alright but why wait man, lets just make our species perfect right now? i`m a little scared about how you guys are tip toeing around this subject. is this idea appealing to you? i really hope not.

0
Reply
Female 2,258
amaqdrinker: "oh and i know the last time i fell in love i thought, hey i think a mixing of our genetic characteristics would create suitable offspring."


I know you were being sardonic, but actually.. I do that.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
"um.. we do improve our race over time man. those you find attractive you to are those that have a different genetic make up from yours"

you mean like opposites attract. your at the oldest a seventeen year old kid whos never been in love.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
and anyway hitler did not just kill jews and everyone knows that. he was trying to create a superior race, it may have been personal opinion i guess but he was still trying to improve the species.
0
Reply
Male 406
um.. we do improve our race over time man. those you find attractive you to are those that have a different genetic make up from yours, a more varied in a respect. those that have the very varied genetic make ups tend to be more attractive to us, as a result of the "averaging" of their features. this is where i wish i had the ling to one of those programs that lets you take multiple facial pictures of people of all different races, then it averages them, and the result is much more asthetically attractive.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
lauraly, i`ve always had a certain respect for people like that, i`ve met a few. the fact that they are so committed to not giving a f*ck interests the hell out of me.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
no what i`m saying is, i know hitler was not darwinian, but if we are only using pure reason then lets promote our species by removing undesirable traits.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv "then why don`t we properly (because you stated that hitler was not darwinian, that bastard) improve our race in that manner."

Dude, what Hitler embarked on was a campaign of Ethnic Cleansing. I don`t believe he read The Origin of Species and suddenly decided to kill 6 million Jews.

Anyways, ethnic cleansing has been going on for millenia, long before Darwin`s time. A pretty good place to start for some particularly horrific examples is in the Good Book, usually sanctioned by God, but I won`t go there.

Thin ice, Amaq. Very thin ice.

0
Reply
Female 2,258
amaqdrinker
i`m just saying that i would actually be able to respect an atheist who applies their ideology to their life. doesn`t give a sh*t about anyone else, no love, no compassion, primarily focused on pleasure, etc.. they`d be interesting as hell.
____________________________________________________
amaqdrinker... I`m not sure if he`s an atheist, but look up Tucker Max. The guy lives exactly the way you described.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
i mean seriously what are we doing letting retarded children live? they aren`t going to do anything except drat with our gene pool.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
wow that came out really repetitively
0
Reply
Male 2,245
someone else on this website has shown that to me actually and it just doesn`t work completely. it`s not how things actually work, it`s like it almost makes sense kind of, but in reality it`s just not like that.
0
Reply
Male 12,138
Amaq, I`m not going to insult you by throwing links at you (you seem like a smart guy, it`s good to have a debate like this without resorting to flaming), but it`ll save from from a long post... Here`s one take on the development of "morality" or altruism in evolutionary terms.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB411.html

0
Reply
Male 2,245
then why don`t we properly (because you stated that hitler was not darwinian, that bastard) improve our race in that manner.
0
Reply
Male 406
yes it does mate. pure reason and logic spawn morals. the ability for forethought and learning (both of which i will also attribute to logic and reason) will help me think in a totally lawless and godless world "if i kill this man, those attached to him will seek revenge. if i befriend this man we may be able to act in a mutually beneficial manner and thus survive longer." this idea is then LEARNED and becomes a integral, all be it subconscious rule that we learn to live with. it is simply LOGICAL to maintain morals, as it raises life expectancy and mating chances in the long run if you want to argue it in such a manner.
0
Reply
Male 772
The one thing I can`t wait to see is the religious reaction to when life is found on another planet. God created the universe, and God created life on Earth, but where does that leave them?

"Oh yeah, if you look heeeeeeeeeere *writes in pencil in the book* it says He also made that life as well..."

(I kid, I kid =))

0
Reply
Male 2,245
"thats atheists aren`t lawless and without morals,"

i`m not saying you are, but if you lived according to your ideology, and yes atheism has inherent ideology, then you would be.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
you`re talking about morals like they have to exist, which they do, but the only reason they exist is because you have a conscious, pure reason does not create morality.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
and i really don`t need to debate the fact that neitzche especially had a direct influence on hitler, that`s a fact
0
Reply
Male 406
as for learning something, no i`m not expecting you to concede, merely to be open in your beliefs so as to be able to intake new information and format your pre-existing beliefs to be able to cope with it i.e. thats atheists aren`t lawless and without morals, but are able to think rationally and with morals in mind to balance out and temper their logic and decisions.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
why do you still have morals?
0
Reply
Male 2,245
"well if u think about it the universe had to be created sometime, it couldnt have just existed forever....could it ?"

that`s an interesting concept too, if the big bang was just a series of pulsations that is existence, expanding into the universe, contracting to a particle, expanding... etc. still think that this has nothing to do with whether or not god exists though

0
Reply
Male 12,138
Way to bring out Godwin there Amaq. Are you seriously saying that Hitler did what he did because of Neitzche and Darwin? Bit of a stretch there buddy, dontcha think?
0
Reply
Male 406
hitler wasn`t the spawn of darwinian theories mate. his ideals of looks (blond hair, blue eyes, pale skin, ext.) were his own personal preference. there was nothing darwinian about how his doctors would experiment with fetuses, trying to make them stronger or faster, as it was done through chemicals and not an evolutionary process taking thousands or generations and millions of years. as for the pure reason thing, its not scary, because you still have morals. sheer logic tempered with a steady set of morals is what every religion aims for, no?
0
Reply
Male 2,245
and we could learn something? what does that mean, i stated my opinion and you`ve stated you`re opinion, are you expecting me to concede so "we learned something"?
0
Reply
Male 2,245
"wow amaqdrinker. please, if you will, paint a picture of your "absolute" atheist that you seem to grasp onto. describe your archetype of godlessness and put it out in the open. because so far, your discussion hasn`t been much of a discussion but rather talking at a wall. there is no point in peoples postings if the refuse to behave and respond in a reasonable, fashionable manner and are open to new ideas. i mean hell, we could even LEARN something O_O. blasphemy.
after all this is the internet. all its good for is porn and conspiracy theories."

what the hell are you talking about? hitler was a direct reaction to neitzche and darwin. thats completely logical. without god you are left with pure reason which is a scary f*cking thing

0
Reply
Male 4,546
A repost, except now there`s a different video over the same sound.
0
Reply
Male 2,245
"To pull out an old adage which you`ve probably heard before. I`m going to presume that you don`t believe in Apollo, Zeus, Thor, Odin, Allah, Vishnu, the Buddha, Cthulhu, Jupiter etc etc etc. Therefore we are both atheists, I just believe in one less god than you do. And when you understand why you don`t believe in all the other potential gods, then you`ll understand why I don`t believe in yours."

i think that all religions are talking about the same thing actually. theres just one god and its been interpreted a lot of different ways.

0
Reply
Male 406
"lets actually promote our species then, go hitler style on this sh*t. remove unsatisfactory traits, perfect the race. oh and i know the last time i fell in love i thought, hey i think a mixing of our genetic characteristics would create suitable offspring. as a human you are so far from being perfectly rational but atheists claim that they are even though they blatantly are not."

wow amaqdrinker. please, if you will, paint a picture of your "absolute" atheist that you seem to grasp onto. describe your archetype of godlessness and put it out in the open. because so far, your discussion hasn`t been much of a discussion but rather talking at a wall. there is no point in peoples postings if the refuse to behave and respond in a reasonable, fashionable manner and are open to new ideas. i mean hell, we could even LEARN something O_O. blasphemy.
after all this is the internet. all its good for is porn and conspiracy theories.

0
Reply
Male 12,138
@Amaq, I hear what you`re saying. I`m an atheist (to me, that means I don`t believe in the existence of any gods- Not I don`t know, I don`t believe). And that`s all atheism is. It`s not an "ideology". It is lack of belief in a god, nothing more, nothing less.

To pull out an old adage which you`ve probably heard before. I`m going to presume that you don`t believe in Apollo, Zeus, Thor, Odin, Allah, Vishnu, the Buddha, Cthulhu, Jupiter etc etc etc. Therefore we are both atheists, I just believe in one less god than you do. And when you understand why you don`t believe in all the other potential gods, then you`ll understand why I don`t believe in yours.

0
Reply
Male 2,245
"I don`t understand why love, compassion, or empathy has anything to do with belief in God. What you are describing "don`t care about others, etc." is called a sociopath.

To throw it on its head: if the only reason you care about other people, love other people, and show compassion for people, is because the bible tells you so and/or you are afraid to go to hell if you don`t, that says very bad things about you."


love and compassion are irrational, tolstoy said that. and your logic on your second comment is flawed. i believe god exists because i believe god exists not because the bible told me so. the bible guides a believer, but god is in the world.

0
Reply
Male 12,138
vv "all the marks of craftsmanship are in the earths structure look at the earth"

I`m a PhD Geologist (seriously). I`ve spent a lifetime looking at the earth`s structure; it`s my profession. Fail to see where God somes into it. And stop with the Darwin deathbed conversion myth, it makes it harder to take Christians seriously when they keep regurgitating long-debunked myths.

0
Reply
Male 1,140
ehh im done now just think of what i said in detail because that`s most likely the only way you`ll ever get it