The best in arts & entertainment, news, pop culture, and your mom since 2002.

[Total: 279    Average: 4.5/5]
178 Comments - View/Add
Hits: 38299
Rating: 4.5
Category: Funny
Date: 06/08/07 02:24 AM

178 Responses to Evolution Explained by The Simpsons

  1. Profile photo of kaparo
    kaparo Male 18-29
    7 posts
    June 7, 2007 at 6:35 pm
    Link: Evolution Explained by The Simpsons - Funny short explaining the evolution of mankind within one minute.
  2. Profile photo of Fayth
    Fayth Female 18-29
    496 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:28 am
    Hahahaha no. -sigh-
    Being a biology major makes it hard for me to enjoy these things. xD
  3. Profile photo of
    kingdante87
    141 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:28 am
    Silly rabbit god put us all on the earth at the same time. Man had to fight the dinosaurs and eventually enslaved them (like in the Flintstones) using them as slave labor and food until they died out. It`s all in genesis. Evolution is for losers and intellectuals.
  4. Profile photo of blast0matic
    blast0matic Male 18-29
    194 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:29 am
    This was a good one!
  5. Profile photo of revoliver
    revoliver Male 13-17
    50 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:30 am
    ...
    this was relatively amusing. but the end was perfect.
  6. Profile photo of MapleFr3ak
    MapleFr3ak Male 13-17
    629 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:31 am
    I`ve seen this one before.
  7. Profile photo of Shisi
    Shisi Male 18-29
    779 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:36 am
    Evolution pwntz.
  8. Profile photo of Djeniek
    Djeniek Male 18-29
    210 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:41 am
    hehe
  9. Profile photo of lestat221
    lestat221 Male 18-29
    213 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:45 am
    Fayth, blow it out your ass. It`s not PBS for Christ`s sake :P
  10. Profile photo of becky_boo99
    becky_boo99 Female 18-29
    56 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:49 am
    i liked it...spesh moe going backwards
  11. Profile photo of lestat221
    lestat221 Male 18-29
    213 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:53 am
    I think I like the one with them better... but that`s just me. going into space
  12. Profile photo of lestat221
    lestat221 Male 18-29
    213 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:53 am
    eh i f*cked it up, it`s SUPPOSED to say i think i like the one with them "going into space" better... but that`s just me. blah
  13. Profile photo of sir-cheese
    sir-cheese Male 13-17
    761 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:55 am
    seen it before but it`s still funny. . for the simpsons anyway
  14. Profile photo of Suicism
    Suicism Male 18-29
    3625 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 3:10 am
    KingDante, I`m with you. Except you left-out the part about time-lapse fossilization; you know, to explain the fact that we have oil after only 7,000 years of creationism?
  15. Profile photo of SynysterPunk
    SynysterPunk Male 13-17
    49 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 3:10 am
    im with you kngdante
  16. Profile photo of Suicism
    Suicism Male 18-29
    3625 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 3:15 am
    Moe devolved! Ha ha ha! I count this among my favorites, up there with the one Lestat hyperlinked to; that one is definitely more profound, and hits me in that sweet-spot, but this one is definitely masterful in the ludicrously clever department; 5-stars!
  17. Profile photo of tourettes
    tourettes Male 18-29
    957 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 3:19 am
    geez marge I only redid Evolution today! ahahahaha
  18. Profile photo of nimsay
    nimsay Female 18-29
    86 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 3:57 am
    love this one....if yr a religious person, i guess that you do not love this vid...the ending was hilarious.......just like tourettes put it "geez marge I only redid Evolution today!"
  19. Profile photo of mcnaial1
    mcnaial1 Male 18-29
    460 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 4:02 am
    I liked this one.
  20. Profile photo of lewisc007
    lewisc007 Male 18-29
    286 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 4:20 am
    Classic!!

    cannot wait for the movie in july!

  21. Profile photo of IceWater
    IceWater Male 13-17
    155 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 4:21 am
    HA!Burns smacked Homer when he was swimming.
    Why do all the religous people ruin a perfectly good clip with their religion acting all offended? The only reason people get offended is because they allow themselves to.
    By the way how do you change your picture?
    I tried but it just did not work out for me.
  22. Profile photo of Rofl_Ryan
    Rofl_Ryan Male 13-17
    185 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 4:26 am
    Interesting, huh?
  23. Profile photo of Pabasa
    Pabasa Male 18-29
    4012 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 4:49 am
    heh, cute couch gag.
  24. Profile photo of 240ZettoAKA
    240ZettoAKA Female 18-29
    344 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 5:15 am
    Love the Simpsons` classic episode~
  25. Profile photo of Marsilvanian
    Marsilvanian Male 18-29
    275 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 5:21 am
    This is always good!
  26. Profile photo of Argh_Beast
    Argh_Beast Male 18-29
    838 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 5:39 am
    I guess Simpsons go by the Evolution Theory. TAKE THAT CREATIONISTS! Those litlle f*ckers are actually coming my country`s Colleges trying to convince teachers.
  27. Profile photo of Bajatar
    Bajatar Female 40-49
    345 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 5:40 am
    Believing in "Creationism" is hard. Unless you run around with eyes and ears shut, yelling "LALALA" all the time you simply cannot believe in it. That`s why religious zealots attack everything they don`t believe in. Just to silence their own doubts ;)
  28. Profile photo of flamingbambi
    flamingbambi Female 13-17
    235 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 5:50 am
    the pterodactyl made me laugh XD

    i love it!

  29. Profile photo of absolutmofo
    absolutmofo Female 18-29
    274 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 6:23 am
    At all the haters, everyone has their own beliefs, and its harsh to judge people just cause they believe in something different from you.

    But I reckon religious or not, this was still entertaining. Homer`s sigh at the end made this awesome.

  30. Profile photo of davidofmk771
    davidofmk771 Male 13-17
    72 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 7:09 am
    If you cant understand evolution and use cristianity as an excuse, then go away.
  31. Profile photo of M1O6D
    M1O6D Male 13-17
    104 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 7:10 am
    haha the last part made me laugh
    does anyone know which episode this is?
  32. Profile photo of omgwtfbbqhax
    omgwtfbbqhax Male 13-17
    240 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 7:31 am
    meh, new simpsons suck full stop. But yeah, a diamond in the rough
    Can anyone here really, in their right mind... Read 240ZettoAKA`s post and think `man, she must know what the simpsons is`
    wooo sarcasm
  33. Profile photo of omgwtfbbqhax
    omgwtfbbqhax Male 13-17
    240 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 7:32 am
    ooooo there`s a debate going on

    You know, they have a word for believing in something that`s not true, its called ignorance

  34. Profile photo of shiggin
    shiggin Female 13-17
    1470 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 7:49 am
    Nice video, i always lvued the simpsons, i use to stay up till 11 just to watcha rerun...now im a family guy fan.
    srry simspsons but ur old
  35. Profile photo of norwish
    norwish Female 18-29
    432 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 8:27 am
    Is this from the movie? It didn`t seem like an episode.
  36. Profile photo of midori05
    midori05 Female 18-29
    221 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 9:10 am
    sweet!
  37. Profile photo of screwphysics
    screwphysics Male 13-17
    13 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 9:26 am
    the simpson own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  38. Profile photo of knoxer
    knoxer Male 18-29
    7 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 9:50 am
    Of course the Simpson`s go by the theory of evolution. They even had an episode with Stephan Jay Gould animated into it.
  39. Profile photo of Aigidh
    Aigidh Female 18-29
    785 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 9:55 am
    LOL That was cute actually.

    And you morons I think KingDante was being sarcastic (at least I hope so).

  40. Profile photo of littlezazz
    littlezazz Male 13-17
    95 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 10:46 am
    sorry 2 put i downer on everything, but that wasnt slightly entertaining
  41. Profile photo of JAXLEY
    JAXLEY Male 18-29
    988 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 10:58 am
    this explains it amazingly, only backwards! http://youtube.com/watch?v=9L4MOHpOLWo
  42. Profile photo of larajunky
    larajunky Female 40-49
    1832 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 11:20 am
    I happen to love the Simpsons, tyvm, the haters are just mad and how in the he/ll did this turn into a school lesson about creation??!! STFU already!
  43. Profile photo of larajunky
    larajunky Female 40-49
    1832 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 11:21 am
    It was for entertainment dumba*sses!
  44. Profile photo of cargasm
    cargasm Male 18-29
    340 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 11:30 am
    i love the different intros this is definatly one of the better ones tho
  45. Profile photo of BigBonny
    BigBonny Male 18-29
    2216 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 11:39 am
    Even evolution from a cartoon is more credible a creation than Christianity, heh.
  46. Profile photo of Naoscaire
    Naoscaire Male 18-29
    571 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 12:01 pm
    I think it`s actually kinda funny how people adobt the theory of evolution into their beliefs and truly believe that if they profess it then they`re an intellectual.

    Am I the only one who notices how much of an idiot kingdante seems to be?

    I think some people here truly believe that science negates Christianity. Newsflash people: Evolution is a theory and even some Christians agree with certain aspects of it.

    Yes, there were humanoid creatures on the Earth before man but they were not homo sapiens they were homo neanderthalensis.

    People say that because monkeys share 98 or 99% of our DNA we must have evolved from them! What about the in excess of 90% of DNA we share with dogs. Did we evolve from them?

    Before someone brings up dinosaurs, they`re mentioned in the Bible. Ever heard of the Leviathan or the "Terrible Lizards"? Let`s not forget the fact that "Dinosaur" is a word coined by the English palaentologist Richard Owen and the word actually means "

  47. Profile photo of Naoscaire
    Naoscaire Male 18-29
    571 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 12:07 pm
    ...terrible lizard" in Greek.
    It was a funny clip; I wasn`t offended at all and I haven`t seen one comment from one person here explaining about how they`re offended.

    I just think it`s sad how people actually think that if you`re an atheist you`re smart and if you`re a Christian you`re an idiot.

    Get real, people, pretend to be smart somewhere else.

  48. Profile photo of spectre151
    spectre151 Male 18-29
    17 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 12:09 pm
    I think this is hilarious, people saying there is a debate over creation and evolution here, when I really havn`t seen anybodybring up creationism wisely until Naoscaire. It is like you some of you are *trying* to start a debate, so the question is, who is really the one trying to attack the other belief?
  49. Profile photo of madmax11
    madmax11 Male 18-29
    733 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 12:15 pm
    lol "what ok you so long?"
    classic
  50. Profile photo of davidofmk771
    davidofmk771 Male 13-17
    72 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 12:17 pm
    This is how the world started: once, god got really bored, so he made a huge explosion, creating the universe. After countless years, he got bored with his aliens, so he made earth and animals, and let the rest go scientifically. God created the humans, using science.
  51. Profile photo of Argh_Beast
    Argh_Beast Male 18-29
    838 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 12:21 pm
    LOL

  52. Profile photo of jdf2k7
    jdf2k7 Male 13-17
    325 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 12:46 pm
    this is old
  53. Profile photo of doodle193
    doodle193 Male 13-17
    16 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 12:50 pm
    Lol great way of explaining evolution o_O

    on a more serious note -i don`t see why you religous types can`t respect us non-religious types like we do to you it`s a silly lil old video you moaning isn`t gona change the way millions of atheists feel...

  54. Profile photo of snottydyck
    snottydyck Male 40-49
    695 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 12:54 pm
    ahh....now i know.
  55. Profile photo of iarechigz
    iarechigz Female 18-29
    124 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 12:56 pm
    Hahaha, I do love this one. =) Especially how Moe "devolved".

    I still like Ms. Garrison`s explanation, though.

    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1483755384

  56. Profile photo of Argh_Beast
    Argh_Beast Male 18-29
    838 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 1:07 pm
    ^^^^
    LOOOL great stuff
  57. Profile photo of 12natalie
    12natalie Female 13-17
    83 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 1:10 pm
    I`m a little confused... why are people flaming creationism when no creationists have spoken up? o.0 (Though I`m not one of them.. I`m a catholic evolutionist)

    Anyway, this was pretty good coming from the new episodes.. impressive, at least, if not too funny. =P Honestly, I don`t care that their animation quality is top-notch now - I just want the good jokes and satires back! x3

  58. Profile photo of Maelstrom_x
    Maelstrom_x Male 18-29
    1883 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 1:13 pm
    Kinda funny. Evolution is a crock of poo though. It just amazes me how a scientist can say we just "evolved" from some single-celled organisms, and with no help mind you, in the matter of a few billion years (especially considering the number of "ice ages" that Earth has experienced, where most life dropped off the face of the Earth).
  59. Profile photo of TomSFox
    TomSFox Male 18-29
    732 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 1:16 pm
    Seen it before, still don`t get what`s supposed to be funny about it.
  60. Profile photo of Maelstrom_x
    Maelstrom_x Male 18-29
    1883 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 1:22 pm
    "on a more serious note -i don`t see why you religous types can`t respect us non-religious types"

    Because you try to stifle religion? Seriously, how is creationism a flawed theory? You can debate someone who said "God snapped his fingers and Earth suddenly came into existence", but have you ever taken a step back to see just how plausible it actually is that Humans, as well as all life on Earth, was created by *SOMETHING*?

    Evolution is a horrible, poorly thought out theory, yet it is spoken of as if it were fact. Yes, we all evolved from some bacteria that was magically created in the ocean. It is like coming up with a theory behind the advancement of technology that ignores the existence of humans.

    Scientists discredit other scientists that don`t believe in evolution. How hard is it to believe that maybe something created us and put us here? Hell, it could be aliens, it is still more plausible than coincidental evolution.

  61. Profile photo of IceWater
    IceWater Male 13-17
    155 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 1:24 pm
    It`s probably not a episode but it`s the intro.
    They have Bart Writing Sentances. Homer working at the nucular power plant. Marge drives a car. don`tremember Lisa`s spot but she allmost hit Homer with a bike when Homer gets their, then Marge allmost hit him with a car. Then they sit on the couch. sometimes they do other things.
  62. Profile photo of IceWater
    IceWater Male 13-17
    155 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 1:29 pm
    I spelled sentence wrong.
  63. Profile photo of Argh_Beast
    Argh_Beast Male 18-29
    838 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 1:31 pm
    ^^^^
    I JUST LOOOOOOOOVE some good Chaos! Dance puppets...dance.
  64. Profile photo of Maelstrom_x
    Maelstrom_x Male 18-29
    1883 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 1:33 pm
    A theory I just made up that is more plausible than evolution:

    One day, a bunch of aliens decided that they wanted to create a new race in the Universe. They found the planet Earth and decided to start there. They began by making fish and birds and plants, eventually stepping up their skills and creating things like elephants, whales, and even dinosaurs. However, dinosaurs weren`t that smart, so they threw a comet into the Earth to kill the dinosaurs and start over. Next, they tried monkeys, but were disturbed by the fact that they throw feces at each other. Finally, they created man, the most intelligent creature yet. Things looked good at first, but eventually the aliens started to realize that most humans were idiots. It was about this time when the U.S. government detected them and shot them out of orbit, causing them to crash into Roswell. In 2116, they will send reinforcements to wipe us from the face of the Universe.

  65. Profile photo of iarechigz
    iarechigz Female 18-29
    124 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 1:36 pm
    I say:

    Let people believe what they believe. If you`re looking for the satisfaction of changing other peoples` opinions to coincide with your own, then your beliefs are for the wrong reasons anyway and you should be ashamed. In other words, if you`re not believing in something for yourself, but for something to argue, then why the hell are you believing in it at all?

    And nobody try to tell me that the reason you`re preaching your beliefs isn`t so that you can feel some kind of sick satisfaction for yourself.

    I never understood why people don`t find enough worth in simply believing what they believe. Instead, they feel the need to compensate for what is lacking in simple belief by convincing others that "I`m right and you`re wrong".

    That said, it`s a damn Simpsons clip! Just watch and do/don`t enjoy. Lets leave our feelings about the SUBJECT MATTER out of it.

  66. Profile photo of BirkirHe
    BirkirHe Male 13-17
    189 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 1:47 pm
    I do not know why but I think that would have been much funnier with family guy characters. I`m a fan of both though and nearly 16 loyal years to the simpsons makes me almost like Simpsons better.
  67. Profile photo of Dakkar
    Dakkar Male 18-29
    1256 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 1:55 pm
    Most religions in the world don`t discount evolution, The Big Bang, or anything else. Fundamentalists are the ones who go around preaching creationism for the most part.

    Even Pope John Paul II agreed with the Big Bang, so yeah...

  68. Profile photo of iamboredest
    iamboredest Female 13-17
    91 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:11 pm
    :-)
  69. Profile photo of Mr-Womble
    Mr-Womble Male 18-29
    108 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:16 pm
    this is the kind of crap thats making us destroy outselves. instead of focusing on WHY we are here lets do something WHILE we are here.
  70. Profile photo of Doomlike
    Doomlike Male 13-17
    416 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:17 pm
    LOL love how mo goes downward evelolution.
  71. Profile photo of eganter
    eganter Male 30-39
    20 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 2:20 pm
    You all suck.
  72. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 3:36 pm
    Maelstrom, why don`t you get off your fat lazy @ss, and go pick up the "Origin of Species," by Charles Darwin. Read that. Then, read, "The Blind Watchmaker," by Richard Dawkins, and go and ask yourself if you have to `believe` in evolution anymore. Because those of us who understand the theory, do not believe in it, we know it.

    Good-day.

  73. Profile photo of WHOISIT12345
    WHOISIT12345 Male 18-29
    4394 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 3:38 pm
    cool vid
  74. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 3:40 pm
    Also...the fact you called evolution a `theory` is proving my point. Do you even know what a theory is? A theory is used to explain the facts. Evolution DID happen, but the THEORY of evolution EXPLAINS how it happened. Darwin did many experiments, and we`ve witnessed macro evolution. There is a type of moth that lives in England, back during the industrial revolution the moth was black, and then after they switched off of coal and it was less smoggy the animal returned to its color before. So a darker color was favored by natural selection because it aided survival, and then after the environmental conditions left, the moth returned back.

    Very simple science. You need to read a book.

  75. Profile photo of satenya101
    satenya101 Female 18-29
    539 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 3:47 pm
    I loved it... :-D Never seen it before... but I really liked that. Hehehe.
  76. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 3:48 pm
    Plus Maelstrom...personal incredulity is not a good argument.

    You: I cannot understand how that could have happened...so it must not have happened.

    Same logic but a different person: I cannot understand how I am a person...thus I must not be a person.

    You`re just stupid...face it man. Go pick up a book and do us all a favor and shut the hell up. Creationism is not a theory. Evolution is a SCIENTIFIC THEORY.

    Scientific theories as I stated, explain the facts. Evolution did happen. We`re just trying to explain how it happened. You won`t find any disagreement on that in the scientific community.

  77. Profile photo of Fanaticirony
    Fanaticirony Male 18-29
    104 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 3:50 pm
    ``People say that because monkeys share 98 or 99% of our DNA we must have evolved from them! What about the in excess of 90% of DNA we share with dogs. Did we evolve from them?``

    We evolved along side apes etc. There`s a `missing link` between the two species, from which both species evolved but down different evolutionary paths.
    We share 90% DNA with dogs because humans and dogs are mamalian and our cells are quite similar. FFS *pig* organs can be used in humans, mouse tissue can be used to grow human body parts.. Mamals are similar genetically.

    That doesn`t mean we evolved FROM them.

    <Sticks fingers in ears and closes eyes> LALALA NOT LISTENING TO YOUR REPLY TO MY COMMENT LALALA

  78. Profile photo of BabiiGirl93
    BabiiGirl93 Female 13-17
    441 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 3:56 pm
    That wuz Gangsta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i luv the simpsons ive been watching them since i wuz in diapers 4 realzzzz!! y the heLL r people tryin 2 debate this. Get a life.
  79. Profile photo of Lupine
    Lupine Female 13-17
    455 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 4:03 pm
    I`m pretty sure Gravity is also only a theory but people just accept that... And if you know the first thing about evolution you`ll know humans did NOT evolve from monkeys. There`s a lot of evidence for it, just look up `Evidence for Evolution` on Google. It is plausible that a God did somehow cause evolution, so religion does not have to oppose science.
  80. Profile photo of spongamabob
    spongamabob Female 18-29
    2084 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 4:26 pm
    haha. i`ve never seen that one. that was cool.
  81. Profile photo of Drahcir
    Drahcir Male 13-17
    144 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 5:20 pm
    that was awesome! I found it a little sad, in fact.
  82. Profile photo of ARC123
    ARC123 Female 13-17
    269 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 5:20 pm
    lol! I love the Simpsons!
  83. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 5:39 pm
    On 6/8/2007 4:21:52 AM IceWater wrote: HA!Burns smacked Homer when he was swimming. Why do all the religous people ruin a perfectly good clip with their religion acting all offended? The only reason people get offended is because they allow themselves to. By the way how do you change your picture? I tried but it just did not work out for me.
    I have yet to hear anyone complain... besides fayth, but only because she`s a biology major.
  84. Profile photo of sponged
    sponged Male 18-29
    553 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 5:48 pm
    OMG!! we evolved from rats
  85. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 5:52 pm
    Ok... I`m gonna have to say the evolutionists started the fight here.

    Theory: 2. a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.

    The theory of evolution presents a possible explanation for how we got here, not how evolution happened. Natural Selection explains how evolution happened. For all intents and purposes, Creationism is a theory as well as Evolution... And I do not "believe" we were created, I KNOW we were created... It`s a simple matter of faith. You have faith in Evolution, I have faith in God.

  86. Profile photo of SnazzyBanana
    SnazzyBanana Male 13-17
    163 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 6:00 pm
    These things are gettin waaaayy too long now, lol.
  87. Profile photo of JihadAllah
    JihadAllah Male 13-17
    372 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 6:58 pm
    i wouldnt say that evolution was EXPLAINED...
  88. Profile photo of PeproniPizza
    PeproniPizza Male 13-17
    687 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 7:29 pm
    awsome
  89. Profile photo of R_U_Kidding
    R_U_Kidding Male 18-29
    4246 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 9:16 pm
    Definitely one of the better opening sequences, that`s for sure. :-D

    I say the creationists started this debate, unless kingdante87 was only being ironic. But that`s neither here nor there.
    Personally, I find the theory of evolution easier to swallow simply because it`s actually SCIENTIFIC. Creationist theory breaks numerous (if not all) scientific laws - not suggestions, not guidelines, LAWS. Laws that are proven and re-proven in laboratories every day. How anybody could believe that everything just suddenly sprang into existence barely 10,000 years ago...frankly, it`s unreal.

  90. Profile photo of omta
    omta Female 13-17
    363 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 9:25 pm
    Ah, you gotta love the Simpsons:)
  91. Profile photo of Dracor
    Dracor Male 13-17
    140 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 9:49 pm
    I agree with chickenman, in the fact that I KNOW that evoulution happened, just as he KNOWS that we were created. One of us is wrong, I think it`s him he, thinks it`s me. Internet arguements will not change the way people think, if they do those people think they have their beliefs for the wrong reason. Personally, I think all Theists and Atheists should just agree to disagree and just stop starting these useless agruments. We should, however, still express our opinions in a non-politicly correct way, Political correctness stifles free thinking... Got a little off-topic there. Oh yeah, the clip was awesome!
  92. Profile photo of Dracor
    Dracor Male 13-17
    140 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 9:50 pm
    And I say evoulutionists DID start this fight
  93. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 10:20 pm
    All right. I`m going to rape everyone`s argument one by one...here we go...
  94. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 10:21 pm
    <i>I`m pretty sure Gravity is also only a theory but people just accept that... And if you know the first thing about evolution you`ll know humans did NOT evolve from monkeys. There`s a lot of evidence for it, just look up `Evidence for Evolution` on Google. It is plausible that a God did somehow cause evolution, so religion does not have to oppose science.</i>

    It is not plausible that God intervened. It`s not even worth considering because evolution and natural selection explain how humans could have come to be. There are simple reasons. There are things that we contain in our bodies that are from times when our ancestors ate mainly a vegetable and plant diet. That`s why we have wisdom teeth, and the reason they are so weak, is because natural selection did not favor those with them, because we eventually became predators and ate meat. Meat causes larger brains, and more intelligence, thus we became more intelligent. This explanation is a very small one. But read up on e

  95. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 10:22 pm
    evolution a bit more before you talk...
  96. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 10:25 pm
    "The theory of evolution presents a possible explanation for how we got here, not how evolution happened. Natural Selection explains how evolution happened. For all intents and purposes, Creationism is a theory as well as Evolution... And I do not "believe" we were created, I KNOW we were created... It`s a simple matter of faith. You have faith in Evolution, I have faith in God."

    1) Evolution does not account for the creation of the first organisms. That would fall under abiogenesis.

    2) Evolution is not "possible", it is an observed, irrefutable axiom, with empirical evidence to support it. Fossil records, genetics, dna, micro-biology, etc. These all support evolution without contradiction. Scientific theories are thrown away or reformed if contradicting information comes into view, and so far evolution has been tried again and again for 150 years, and so far, nothing.

  97. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 10:25 pm
    So I don`t have FAITH in evolution. I can see it obviously happened. I have facts; you have a comfort zone.
  98. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 10:26 pm
    "I agree with chickenman, in the fact that I KNOW that evoulution happened, just as he KNOWS that we were created. One of us is wrong, I think it`s him he, thinks it`s me. Internet arguements will not change the way people think, if they do those people think they have their beliefs for the wrong reason. Personally, I think all Theists and Atheists should just agree to disagree and just stop starting these useless agruments. We should, however, still express our opinions in a non-politicly correct way, Political correctness stifles free thinking... Got a little off-topic there. Oh yeah, the clip was awesome!"

    Don`t be so utterly stupid. You are right. He is definitely wrong. There is not one shred of evidence what so ever for a God in this universe. Personal incredulity, argument from design, and other logical fallacies will just NOT do. Do not surrender what you know is absolutely true to someone because you feel it is unethical to denounce stupidity and unscientific think

  99. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 10:28 pm
    thinking*
  100. Profile photo of Bekll
    Bekll Female 18-29
    1984 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 10:46 pm
    Haha... cute clip.

    ^ Agrees with everything SPrinkZ said.

  101. Profile photo of chikoori
    chikoori Female 18-29
    1011 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 11:04 pm
    I agree with SPrinkZ. Anyone who thinks evolution is about humans evolving from monkeys doesn`t know anything about evolution.

    Anyone ever heard of Australopithecus afarensis? Homo erectus, maybe?

  102. Profile photo of Joey11y
    Joey11y Female 18-29
    500 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 11:31 pm
    Awww regardless of the debate on evolution, I still thought that the Simpson`s clip was cute. I marked it as a favorite. :-D
  103. Profile photo of m477b311
    m477b311 Male 13-17
    35 posts
    June 8, 2007 at 11:42 pm
    haha that had the perfect ending, and moe devolving... this is definetly one of my fav simpsons intros
  104. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 12:18 am
    There is no such thing as devolving. :|
  105. Profile photo of irule40
    irule40 Male 13-17
    98 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 12:53 am
    I know what will make everyone happy!
    God used evolution to create humans.
    Will everyone shut the f uck up now?
    (please)
  106. Profile photo of iarechigz
    iarechigz Female 18-29
    124 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 1:00 am
    Damn it, everyone is seriously taking the fun out of this clip for me.
  107. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 1:06 am
    That doesn`t make me happy at all. Occam`s Razor shows us that God is not needed. Plus, it`s feasible that organic molecules + energy = primitive replicating molecules, that turn into RNA, and eventually, DNA.

    Now I`m happy.

  108. Profile photo of Hallypuppy
    Hallypuppy Female 13-17
    7 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 7:40 am
    Maelstom also go pick up A complete History of almost everything by Bill Bryson
    ............./´¯/)...........(\¯`\
    ............/....//..............\\....\
    .........../....//................\\....\
    ...../´¯/..../´¯\.........../¯`\....\¯`\
    .././.../..../..../.|_......_|.\....\....\...\.\..
    (.(....(....(..../.)..)..(..(.\....)....)....).)
    .\................\/.../....\...\/................/
    ..\................. /........\................../
    ....\..............(............)............../
    ......\.............\.........../............./

  109. Profile photo of IkeRay
    IkeRay Male 18-29
    2704 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 10:55 am
    i dont understand how someone can believe whole-heartedly in a "invisible" being that can be all powerful. religion has "evolved", if you will, over the years as well. what really tees me off is the fact that you can put all your faith in a book, ITS A FREAKING BOOK!!! the way i look at the bible is someone was really bored so they began telling a story, a story of a man. whats really funny of you guys is that you want to dismiss mormons for their beliefs but get offended when someone puts down your own.

    whats even funnier to me is that when something good happens, it HAD to be god or a higher being, but when something bad happens it HAD to be the devil`s hand....hmmmm what if it was really the other way around, what if the "devil" was the one causing good things to happen to you to spoil you, while "god" was on the other end trying to humble you?

  110. Profile photo of IkeRay
    IkeRay Male 18-29
    2704 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 11:01 am
    back in the early days, people attempted to build ladders and skyscapers to the "heavens" so they can be with god...they learned that there is nothing up there that has anything to do with god. so we built space ships, maybe god is further in the universe.....nope just planets.

    maelstroms alien argument is just as viable as religion or evolution (but it seems we are in concensius that evolution happened, just how it all started). isnt that what they said in the hitch hiker`s guide to the galaxy? that the earth was created to answer the greatest question in the universe? yeah it sounds funny and rediculus, but so do you religion friends if you stepped back and looked at yourselves once. i used to be hardcore catholic and when i think back on my beliefs i have to laugh. when i sneeze and someone says "god bless you" i start laughing at them.

    expand your minds and then you can carry more intelligent arguments, but im not listening as long as you believe in a

  111. Profile photo of IkeRay
    IkeRay Male 18-29
    2704 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 11:01 am
    fictional being, im not listening...
  112. Profile photo of theRam
    theRam Male 13-17
    166 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 12:00 pm
    For anyone who hasn`t seen it before....in the "going into space" link (page 1 of comments), Homer says "cosmic." I`m not sure what language it was tranlated into, though.
  113. Profile photo of barththe8th
    barththe8th Male 13-17
    195 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 12:51 pm
    this was definately among the top simpsons openings, definately in my top 10
  114. Profile photo of sulu
    sulu Male 18-29
    994 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 1:19 pm
    hmm I would go into this argument. But the fact that some creationists on this board seem to have almost no knowledge of basic bio-life studies seems to make it seem Evolution has already won the battle

    Funny clip BTW Saw it in Science Class allot

  115. Profile photo of larajunky
    larajunky Female 40-49
    1832 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 1:49 pm
    SPrinkZ :
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah ....
    OK we get *YOUR* side now ok? STFU already, your beating a dead horse, noob.
  116. Profile photo of GeMiNi0587
    GeMiNi0587 Female 18-29
    173 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 3:39 pm
    Because you try to stifle religion? Seriously, how is creationism a flawed theory? You can debate someone who said "God snapped his fingers and Earth suddenly came into existence", but have you ever taken a step back to see just how plausible it actually is that Humans, as well as all life on Earth, was created by *SOMETHING*?

    you cant prove it. thats why its debateable. you can prove science, science is hardcore fact/evidence.

  117. Profile photo of Bekll
    Bekll Female 18-29
    1984 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 3:51 pm
    irule40: "I know what will make everyone happy!
    God used evolution to create humans."
    Ugh... this isn`t any better.

    Evolution: Complexity from simplicty.
    God: Complexity from complexity. (E.g., God willed himself into existence; God always existed.)

    THEY DON`T GO TOGETHER!

  118. Profile photo of maneaterx3
    maneaterx3 Female 13-17
    488 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 5:17 pm
    It all makes so much sense to me now...
    Kingdante, I sincerely hope that you were joking.
  119. Profile photo of jjcruiser13
    jjcruiser13 Female 18-29
    706 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 6:55 pm
    I only saw one, maybe two people seriously arguing for religion... then like, 30 people arguing for evolution.
    I think evolution wins. =D
  120. Profile photo of Abacab2112
    Abacab2112 Male 18-29
    433 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 6:58 pm
    IceWater
    Male, 13-17, Eastern US
    4 Posts Friday, June 08, 2007 4:21:52 AM
    --------------------
    Why do all the religous people ruin a perfectly good clip with their religion acting all offended? The only reason people get offended is because they allow themselves to.
    ----------------
    I myself am religious, but I wasn`t offended by that... The people who were (I`m not sure who you`re talking about, though) do need to loosen up, though. I laugh at all sorts of religious satire aimed in my direction, and this wasn`t even religious satire! It was a stupid opening skit for The Simpson that was supposed to just be funny.
  121. Profile photo of meepdude
    meepdude Male 13-17
    273 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 7:20 pm
    LOL Moe went back in time.
  122. Profile photo of R_U_Kidding
    R_U_Kidding Male 18-29
    4246 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 7:43 pm
    theRam: `in the "going into space" link (page 1 of comments), Homer says "cosmic."`

    No, he says "Cooool!" Just FYI.

    Anyhow, my fave part of THIS clip is the one-celled Homers all saying "D`oh!" when they split.

  123. Profile photo of GloryTo
    GloryTo Female 18-29
    83 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 9:21 pm
    Creationism isn`t scientific theory. It`s inherently flawed from the start.

    Evolution is a theory. It`s one the majority of science academia agree on, but it`s a theory.

    I was more disgusted by how hard creationists/religious people were slammed so hard in this thread even before they ever dared to voice their opinion. This is not a scientific forum, this is a place where we should all be entitled to state what we think without being bitch-slapped for it based purely on the fact that you disagree or have a different belief.

    I for one agree with evolution, and disagree with the idea that creationism is up for scientific debate, because it is not in fact scientific. Still, show some class, please, and stop making my team look like a bunch of jerks.

  124. Profile photo of Chiaroscuro
    Chiaroscuro Male 18-29
    27 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 9:51 pm
    Do Atheists have to be this obnoxious when they slam my beliefs?
  125. Profile photo of philippic
    philippic Male 18-29
    1704 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 10:18 pm
    @first post - show off :P

    nice concept.

  126. Profile photo of LazyMe484
    LazyMe484 Male 18-29
    10441 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 10:37 pm
    HAHAHA!! creationsits, dont bother trying to convince them of anything, unless youve got a thing for it. Personally, I feel that people who refuse to arknowledge an opinion or an idea arent worth the effort...

    This is one of my fav simpsons intros, its just so epic :-D

  127. Profile photo of R_U_Kidding
    R_U_Kidding Male 18-29
    4246 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 11:07 pm
    Chiaroscuro: "Do Atheists have to be this obnoxious when they slam my beliefs?"

    No. Do Theists have to be that obnoxious when they slam MY beliefs?

  128. Profile photo of Chiaroscuro
    Chiaroscuro Male 18-29
    27 posts
    June 9, 2007 at 11:20 pm
    I`m talking about the people in this immediate thread, who took it upon themselves to do so in a malicious manner, some of which was pre-emptive and completely unnecessary. However, I`m not ruling out the theists who were obnoxious, so I`m sorry if you took it that way.
  129. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 2:33 am
    On 6/8/2007 9:16:23 PM R_U_Kidding wrote: Definitely one of the better opening sequences, that`s for sure. :-D I say the creationists started this debate, unless kingdante87 was only being ironic. But that`s neither here nor there. Personally, I find the theory of evolution easier to swallow simply because it`s actually SCIENTIFIC. Creationist theory breaks numerous (if not all) scientific laws - not suggestions, not guidelines, LAWS. Laws that are proven and re-proven in laboratories every day. How anybody could believe that everything just suddenly sprang into existence barely 10,000 years ago...frankly, it`s unreal.

    You used ironic wrong. Kingdante was being SARCASTIC.

    Scientists don`t have the power/knowledge that a god would have. There`s absolutely no way you can prove that God doesn`t exist.

    Science can never be 100% Right.

  130. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 2:35 am
    On 6/8/2007 10:21:52 PM SPrinkZ wrote: Meat causes larger brains

    What about all the animals that were carnivores for much, much longer than primates? Why don`t they have a high intelligence? Honestly man, don`t be an idiot.

  131. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 2:57 am
    On 6/9/2007 10:37:06 PM LazyMe484 wrote: HAHAHA!! creationsits, dont bother trying to convince them of anything, unless youve got a thing for it. Personally, I feel that people who refuse to arknowledge an opinion or an idea arent worth the effort...
    Wow, I could say the same thing about Evolutionists.
  132. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 2:58 am
    On 6/8/2007 10:46:44 PM Bekll wrote: Haha... cute clip. ^ Agrees with everything SPrinkZ said.
    Somebody ate a nice, big bowl of stupid for breakfast.

    Tell me this. Why did SPrinkZ say that "DNA" and "microbiology" are proof of Evolution? I can understand Genetics, which is affected by DNA, but a long string of nucleotides is proof enough of Evolution to believe in it? What about Microbiology... Can you look that up for me? Right. It`s the study of Microorganisms. Nothing to do with evolution. Thanks, SPrinkZ, you proved to me how much of an idiot you are!

    Rape my argument? Don`t give yourself so much credit.

    Bekll, please, please just read what the man says before you go agreeing with him. It makes you look a lot dumber than you probably are.

  133. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 12:07 pm
    *sighs*

    [email protected] Have you ever heard of MICRO-EVOLUTION?

    Oh noes! I win again! Micro-evolution is a proven fact, and is one example of OBSERVABLE EVOLUTION. Oh noes! You fail again!

    Also, you`re what...13? You don`t understand anything you are talking about. Also, if you haven`t noticed, predators are MUCH smarter than their prey. You also must have 0 understanding about evolution because all you do is present false dichotomies about it. Evolution is very complex, and all I was doing was explaining how humans have evolved in some manners.

    But, you come in here with your stupidity and try to make me look stupid, and instead made yourself look more ignorant than I thought possible. Your argument has been raped. Go pick up a book, moron.

  134. Profile photo of JAK-STEEL
    JAK-STEEL Male 13-17
    1364 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 12:59 pm
    haaha i remember seeing that one its one of the best
  135. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 3:51 pm
    On 6/10/2007 12:07:12 PM SPrinkZ wrote: *sighs* [email protected] Have you ever heard of MICRO-EVOLUTION?
    Once again, you`re seeing evolution as a why, instead of a how. Evolution can simply be the tool God used to create humans. The bible says "6 Days" but God`s time could be much different than ours. It could be the estimated 4.9 billion years that Earth has been in existence.

    I`m 16, dick, a WHOLE THREE YEARS YOUNGER THAN YOU? Oh noes!!1!! I must be an idiot! You college students are all the same. You know "EVERYTHING". I`m sure there are 13-year olds that are much smarter than you or me. Ever heard of a child prodigy?

    Besides, there is evidence of God`s hand in the creation of humans/animals. Ever heard of the eye? How incredibly complex it is? How some scientists admit they have no explanation for how the eye came to be? Do you want to look up Irreducible Complexity for me? And there is no way to observe Macroevolution, it can

  136. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 3:57 pm
    Only be inferred.

    Ok, so predators are a bit smarter than their prey. That doesn`t explain how primates start eating meat, and after awhile.. Hyoomons!

    Why don`t Lions have creative thinking? How about advanced problem solving? Emotions besides the instinctual protect-my-young or the animal that shares the most of my genes (Animals are shown to help those that have the most genes in common with them.. sibling instead of cousin, child instead of sibling). Lions and other predators have been eating meat for much longer than any primate has.

  137. Profile photo of Kittenluvpie
    Kittenluvpie Female 13-17
    33 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 6:52 pm
    I went from the first page of commenting to this page and all I saw was long comments about evolution and God and all that good stuff. Lol.
  138. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 11:36 pm
    "Once again, you`re seeing evolution as a why, instead of a how. Evolution can simply be the tool God used to create humans. The bible says "6 Days" but God`s time could be much different than ours. It could be the estimated 4.9 billion years that Earth has been in existence."

    If it`s a metaphorical story...then so is Adam and Eve. If that`s metaphorical and not literal, then why are we here? What `sin` have we committed if we evolved for a little over 3 billion years?

    "I`m 16, dick, a WHOLE THREE YEARS YOUNGER THAN YOU? Oh noes!!1!! I must be an idiot! You college students are all the same. You know "EVERYTHING". I`m sure there are 13-year olds that are much smarter than you or me. Ever heard of a child prodigy?"

    I`m 20. You`re not a prodigy, because you already are a complete moron. I just provided why micro-biology helps the argument for evolution, and you just side-step it because you`re a complete tool.

  139. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 11:39 pm
    "Besides, there is evidence of God`s hand in the creation of humans/animals. Ever heard of the eye? How incredibly complex it is? How some scientists admit they have no explanation for how the eye came to be? Do you want to look up Irreducible Complexity for me? And there is no way to observe Macroevolution, it can"

    Personal incredulity is a bad argument. The creation of the eye is a ridiculously simple thing to explain.

    Let`s begin:

    1st. We have a light sensitive cell. This cell cannot tell the direction of the light, but it can tell if it`s night or day roughly, and if anything else is in the way. This aids in survival.

    2nd. The light sensitive cell begins to dip into the small organism, and now it can tell the direction of the light. This is a great thing, because now it can avoid its predators a little better.

    3rd. The pit gets even deeper, and now it has an IDEA of what is around it, and thus will aid further in survival.

  140. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 11:40 pm
    4th. This pit deepens some more, and now it`s like a Mollusk:
  141. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 11:41 pm
    5th. The animal eventually forms a crude lens, and this protects the light sensitive cells, as well as enhances the vision.

    And this goes on and on until we get our human eye. This is very simple stuff. Now if you said the Flagellum`s motor, I`d really have laughed at you, since you can take away 80% of its working parts, and it still functions.

  142. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 11:42 pm
    "Why don`t Lions have creative thinking? How about advanced problem solving? Emotions besides the instinctual protect-my-young or the animal that shares the most of my genes (Animals are shown to help those that have the most genes in common with them.. sibling instead of cousin, child instead of sibling). Lions and other predators have been eating meat for much longer than any primate has."

    You`re a moron. If I respond to this, it will only prove you don`t understand natural selection or evolution.

    Humans are not the `ultimate` evolutionary thing. In fact, we are JUST as advanced as our cousins in the great ape family. We just evolved a different way. Also, Cats do have some primitive problem solving skills. They are predators after all.

    Still, you do not understand evolution at all, and often confuse it with abiogenesis, and I am getting tired of listening to you ramble about your pseudoscientific nonsense. Good-day.

  143. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 11:43 pm
    I meant Nautilus not a Mollusk.
  144. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 10, 2007 at 11:49 pm
    Irreducible complexity has been disproven time and time again. Just look up the motor Flagellum: it was the ultimate argument for irreducible complexity, and they were able to reduce it to 20% of its working parts, and it still functioned.

    You believe in a lot of pseudoscience, because it makes you feel better, not because it`s true. You have a lot of growing up and learning to do. You`re obviously watching the world with rose-colored glasses, and I find that I care about this `debate` less and less. I`ve won it, and you just haven`t. There is no evidence for your argument--and evolution ISN`T a house of cards; Creationism is.

  145. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 11, 2007 at 1:41 am
    Go ahead, declare yourself a winner, everyone knows doing so doesn`t necessarily make you won. Egad! You wond an arguments with a 16 year old! And a moron to boot! You have SO MUCH to be proud of! Maybe if you tell your mummy about this, she`ll bake you some cookies, and if the world is lucky, she`ll bake it with cyanide.

    I never said I was a prodigy, I said there were prodigies in this world. You attacking my age (and getting it wrong, when it`s perfectly viewable in my profile) shows your immaturity, despite your age.

    I admit, the only Evolutionary science I know of was covered in Biology and AP Biology, so my knowledge is scarce. But I think we should all believe what we want to believe. I was just defending my right to say it, and my right believe in it. I`m sure if I got somebody else who is much further educated in both Evolutionary Theory and Religion, and believes in Religion, you would have a much tougher time. As it is, I`m a relative young`n in faith, and I

  146. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 11, 2007 at 1:43 am
    Know very little about evolution.

    (Adam and Eve could be the first two people to evolve to Homo Sapiens? W/e, I`m just trying to propose a possible explanation)

    I too am getting tired of this debate. But with all the good religion does in this world, why do we feel the need to get rid of it?

  147. Profile photo of Aj_ratboy
    Aj_ratboy Male 18-29
    165 posts
    June 11, 2007 at 7:17 am
    oh dear god....
    just stop chicken man. you are not going to win. sprinkz is quite clearly better than you at this. and yes, him being 20 and you being 16 does (generally speaking) make him more intelligent, and this arguement does back this point up.

    and now, "Adam and Eve could be the first two people to evolve to Homo Sapiens"
    oh deary deary me, are u kidding. evolution dosnt just happen in one generation like that, with an ape-like animal just giving birth to a human. it is a very slow proscess that usually occours when 2 groups of the same species are split up, and change differently cope with different surroundings.

    and now, point number 3 of mine:
    "But with all the good religion does in this world"... ... please please please give me an example, because all i can think of is war, war, discrimination, this argument right here happening on the batttle field that is i-am-bored.com. oh yeah and MASS GENOCIDE!

  148. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 11, 2007 at 2:40 pm
    Mass genocide? Give me an example? If you say Hitler, that proves your idiocy. Hitler replaced god with himself, he had no religion, other than the worship of himself and other aryans.

    War? Give me an example (besides the crusades, which was hundreds of years ago). If you say muslim terrorists, you are once again an idiot. The muslim belief that terrorists profess is extremely corrupted, bent to serve the needs of the terrorist leaders to hate freedom.

    This argument here? Started by evolutionists. You have to be the most gullible person in the world to think Kingdante was serious. Honestly, how stupid do you have to be?

    I already conceded this argument on the grounds of lacking knowledge, yet you wish to continue it. Just because SPrinkZ had success arguing with me, does not mean you will, since you are obviously his intellectual lesser. Come back with a grammar book and spell check.

  149. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 11, 2007 at 2:42 pm
    "oh deary deary me, are u kidding. evolution dosnt just happen in one generation like that, with an ape-like animal just giving birth to a human. it is a very slow proscess that usually occours when 2 groups of the same species are split up, and change differently cope with different surroundings."

    Oh dear god. You think I don`t know this already? You know exactly what I meant. I never said a human popped out of a chimp, I said that the first two people to fully become Homo Sapiens.

  150. Profile photo of Aj_ratboy
    Aj_ratboy Male 18-29
    165 posts
    June 11, 2007 at 4:45 pm
    firstly "worship of himself and other aryans" - hitler wasnt aryan. just look at a picture of him, then look up aryan in a dictionary.

    and now to explain the basic concencus of my arguement ; if there was no religion, no judaism, there would have been no jews to hitler to concentrate his hatred on. (i would like to clarify at this point that i am NOT blaming the jewish for the holocaust on the basis of them being jewish)

    and yes, i know hitler had no religion. he realized the flaws in it. in this manner he atleast had some sanity.

    and this arguement, if there was no religion, who would there be to argue against. NO-ONE, and hence no arguement.

    and war.. nearly all war is based on religeous thought and between countries that have opposing religious beliefs. never heard of a "holy war?" (and u realy should, being a boy of faith and the "holy book")

    and once again. the term "fully become Homo Sapiens" is sientifically and evoluti

  151. Profile photo of Aj_ratboy
    Aj_ratboy Male 18-29
    165 posts
    June 11, 2007 at 4:48 pm
    onaly flawed, as it implies a difinitive and definite human, which quite frankly, dosnt exist, as we have variation in various features. (height, eye colour, stamina, skin colour)
    so if u could define the "homo sapien", its quite simply racist, and quite hitler-like
  152. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 11, 2007 at 5:51 pm
    So you`re comparing me to hitler now?

    Yes, I have heard of a holy war. I mentioned the crusades, retard. I never said Hitler was aryan, I meant that he believed in a master race, and wanted to kill jewish people.

    Hmm... Hitler was non-religious. He started that war. Yes, that is, WORLD WAR II. The biggest war to ever descend upon Europe and the Pacific Ocean. The Crusades are trifles compared to that.

    Have you ever heard of a species? When an animal becomes "Fully Homo Sapien", they can no longer breed with those that came before it. Adam and Eve?

  153. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 11, 2007 at 5:59 pm
    On 6/11/2007 4:45:36 PM Aj_ratboy wrote: (i would like to clarify at this point that i am NOT blaming the jewish for the holocaust on the basis of them being jewish)
    Yes, you are. Saying "I`m not racist, but..." doesn`t absolve you from being racist. Same goes here.

    If there was no creationism, there would be noone for creationists to argue against. Durr.


  154. Profile photo of knoxer
    knoxer Male 18-29
    7 posts
    June 11, 2007 at 10:42 pm
    "If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time."
    -Bertrand Russell
  155. Profile photo of knoxer
    knoxer Male 18-29
    7 posts
    June 11, 2007 at 11:02 pm
    Evolution is change in gene frequencies over time.
    It is a scientific theory that IS supported (if in lieu of proven for Karl Popper)in laboratory conditions on a daily basis. A scientific theory is much different some theory of who stole the cookies from the cupboard. A theory is a logically self-consistent model or framework for describing the behavior of a related set of natural or social phenomena. It originates from or is supported by experimental evidence. In this sense, a theory is a systematic and formalized expression of all previous observations that is predictive, logical, and testable. Another example of a scientific theory aside from evolution is plate tectonics.
    Oh well, I wouldn`t be suprised if more than a few people on this board think that is only a "hunch" too. They probably see the world as literally flat.

    This argument would not occur in any other industrialized country. You members of the lumpenproletariat are responsible for brain drai

  156. Profile photo of knoxer
    knoxer Male 18-29
    7 posts
    June 11, 2007 at 11:06 pm
    --
    brain drain in the US.

    From,
    Knoxer, MA Anthropology 2007
    a concerned biological anthroplogist

  157. Profile photo of R_U_Kidding
    R_U_Kidding Male 18-29
    4246 posts
    June 11, 2007 at 11:40 pm
    chickenman: "There`s absolutely no way you can prove that God doesn`t exist."

    True. And there`s also absolutely no way YOU can prove that God DOES exist. So I guess we`re even.

  158. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 12, 2007 at 3:15 am
    On 6/11/2007 11:06:02 PM knoxer wrote: -- brain drain in the US. From, Knoxer, MA Anthropology 2007 a concerned biological anthroplogist
    Or the moral decay in the USA from the Evolutionists?

    On 6/11/2007 11:40:51 PM R_U_Kidding wrote: chickenman: "There`s absolutely no way you can prove that God doesn`t exist." True. And there`s also absolutely no way YOU can prove that God DOES exist. So I guess we`re even.
    Deal ;-)

    Let`s stop arguing. I`m sick of this.

  159. Profile photo of Aj_ratboy
    Aj_ratboy Male 18-29
    165 posts
    June 12, 2007 at 6:47 am

    "Let`s stop arguing. I`m sick of this."

    translation: lets stop as i am about to cry


  160. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 12, 2007 at 10:28 am
    Hah. You have yet to prove me wrong on a single point. You have no room to talk. :-/

    Besides, that`s exactly what SPrinkZ said.

  161. Profile photo of ashwey
    ashwey Female 13-17
    943 posts
    June 12, 2007 at 12:38 pm
    cute!
    i like it. <3
  162. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 12, 2007 at 12:45 pm
    I`ve proven you wrong this entire time, but you`re too dense to see it. Also, the mass genocides in the name of God would have been the crusades, but Hitler also was a Roman Catholic who used God in his speeches as an excuse to `kill the jews.`

    We have all proven you wrong, because you haven`t studied the facts. I know more about the bible than you do, and far more about evolution than you do. I can see you are moderately intelligent, as am I. The only difference here is that I looked at the facts, and you haven`t. When you do, you will be just as enlightened as others are; until then, you will be a fool.

  163. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 12, 2007 at 12:46 pm
    Oh by the way...when the settlers came over, they used God as an excuse to kill the Native Americans. That`s over a hundred million of them. That was about 3% of the population back then...even Hitler didn`t do that well.
  164. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 12, 2007 at 12:48 pm
    Also Chickenman...all people who `believe in religion` and have studied evolution, go with evolution. They all turn into deists, because we have reasons for natural things. We just don`t assume magic happened.

    I suggest you read the "Blind Watchmaker," by Richard Dawkins (it`s a good read), or "Origin of Species," by Charles Darwin. They are both good reads...they would be great summer books. If you read those books, I am sure you will be able to outwit 95% of the people you know when it comes to evolutionary biology, or biology in general.

    So good-luck. I hope you do the right thing.

  165. Profile photo of ChickenMan
    ChickenMan Male 13-17
    250 posts
    June 12, 2007 at 1:12 pm
    I already have summer reading, thanks.
  166. Profile photo of Aj_ratboy
    Aj_ratboy Male 18-29
    165 posts
    June 12, 2007 at 4:19 pm
    dont forget, "river out of eden" or "the selfish gene" SPrinkZ (altough the first is better). those are both a rather good read. and helped with my a-levels (and will hopefully aid my degree)
  167. Profile photo of knoxer
    knoxer Male 18-29
    7 posts
    June 12, 2007 at 4:30 pm
    The Selfish Gene is a bit too reductionist. I generally prefer a wholist organismal point of view for evolution. It is still a good read and I wish Dawkins would spend more time on his research instead of arguing with people beneath him...but I`m no one to judge since I argued on this board
  168. Profile photo of Aj_ratboy
    Aj_ratboy Male 18-29
    165 posts
    June 12, 2007 at 5:21 pm
    i see what u mean, especially about him spending less time on argueing (how ironic).
  169. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 13, 2007 at 4:09 am
    I guess that`s why you are living in the west Chickenman.
  170. Profile photo of Naoscaire
    Naoscaire Male 18-29
    571 posts
    June 13, 2007 at 6:44 pm
    Nobody here is actually proving or disproving Evolution or Creationism. It just can`t be done. Also, a couple of people should get a dictionary because they obviously don`t know the meaning of "Theory":

    "1. a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena"

    Propositions... Phenomena...

    2. a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact."

    Proposed... and best of all CONJECTURAL, people!

    Evolution is not a fact, it`s a theory. Also, evolution doesn`t negate that existance of a higher power because the Bible doesn`t state that God clicked his fingers and the Earth was created. Humans weren`t created out of nothing. There`s nothing in the Bible to suggest the Earth is only 10`000 years old either.

  171. Profile photo of Naoscaire
    Naoscaire Male 18-29
    571 posts
    June 13, 2007 at 6:53 pm
    "I`m 20. You`re not a prodigy, because you already are a complete moron."

    Are you serious? You just said that to a 16 year old! Grow some body hair, pal, seems you need to grow up.

    A great tactic atheists here are using is completely over-simplifying the existance of a higher power, thus making it sound ridiculous.

    It seems the atheists here know very little about the Bible and also have distorted ideas of what`s in the Bible. The Bible wasn`t written by a man, it was written by many men and yet there are no contradictions.

    I`m yet to see someone contradict anyone passage in the Bible.

    Let`s not forget there is contraversy over the translation of the Bible and many Christians differ greatly in their beliefs of the Bible.

  172. Profile photo of knoxer
    knoxer Male 18-29
    7 posts
    June 13, 2007 at 7:04 pm
    Naoscaire,

    I take it you have not read Kuhn`s the Structure of Scientific Revolutions any of Popper`s lectures or even Hawkings. I would even bet that you have zero to little experience with epistemology or inclanation to do so. If I were you I would look at the specialist literature and not take what appears to be the Oxford Dictionary`s definition of "theory" to be the absolute criterion to base all claims of its usage on.

    In science there is this thing called empirical support with which theories and paradigms are gauged. Evolution by natural selection is highly supported it is as close to "truth" as one can get into science. Meaning that in science one does not prove but instead one supports or refutes. Hawkings pointed out that it takes but one instance of repeatable and logical refutation to kill a theory. Whereas, Kuhn (who is regarded by many as the proper authority on the subject)instead viewed paradigmatic shift (paradigms are essentially theori

  173. Profile photo of knoxer
    knoxer Male 18-29
    7 posts
    June 13, 2007 at 7:19 pm
    (paradigms are essentially theories) as time occurring due to gradual accumulation of anomalous data which the reigning paradigm could not encompass.

    Now here is the kicker: Evolution is highly supported, there are no known anomalies to suggest an outdated paradigm, and there has not been and is not likely to ever be a single case of empiracle refutation.

    As for your contradiction, how about the descent of Jesus from the patrilineage of David to warrant his Messiah status when he is also the son of some indo-european sky father deity? Seems contradictory to me having no father (Luke 1:26-38 and Joseph being in the house of David (Luke 3:21-38), furthermore both the gospel of Mark (1:1-16),the gospel of Luke, and Chronicles (3:10-19) give different geneologies. How`s that for contradiction?

  174. Profile photo of Mbirdgurl
    Mbirdgurl Female 13-17
    920 posts
    June 18, 2007 at 4:39 pm
    lol!
  175. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 20, 2007 at 11:57 pm
    The bible has over 300 contradictions in it...and it`s supposed to be infallible. Can someone fill me in on this? Anyway, that book is a joke. Anyone who follows that might just be insane, because a close read shows, misogyny, ethnic cleansing, bigotry, jealousy, and malevolence of an order greater than all the villains in all of mythology--all done by God.
  176. Profile photo of SPrinkZ
    SPrinkZ Male 18-29
    2284 posts
    June 21, 2007 at 12:00 am
    Also, if any of you read the old testament...God DID sort of `click` his fingers and boom everything into place. But I really am getting tired of this nonsense with, "it`s just a theory." Just like gravity is just a theory, and atomic theory, and microbiology, etc. These things must NOT be real, because we haven`t noticed the fact when we jump, we come down or that bodies circle the sun, black holes, viruses, microbials, or the mighty atomic bomb. These things all are just `theories.`

    Here is the funny part. We know less about the atom then we do about biology itself. Evolution is the best understood scientific theory (aka scientific fact) on this planet. To call it just a theory is to say that the theory of gravity is up for debate...it`s just not.

  177. Profile photo of modernbenoni
    modernbenoni Male 70 & Over
    1114 posts
    August 4, 2007 at 4:02 pm
    REPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOST
    REPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOST
    REPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOST
    REPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOST
    REPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOST
    REPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOSTREPOST

    And last time it had a better title

  178. Profile photo of trashcan7
    trashcan7 Male 13-17
    564 posts
    January 1, 2009 at 3:18 pm
    Wow, even something like this devolved into a debate on creationism/evolution? (no pun intended)

Leave a Reply