Log in with a social network:
Log in with your username or email:
Clean, efficient, and waste disposal has grown by leaps and bounds. We just need to get the world to shake off this fear it has of the word nuclear.
Build plants, get job growth, revitalize alternative energy fields (like hydrogen power), and promote cleaner power production. Its right there in front of us.
I mean seriously, why are the original lightbulbs banned? They are better for occasions where the light gets turned on and off often, as opposed to turned on and left on, and they are much more suitable for certain occupations (As people have said, so theres no reason to repeat)
Note: They do give off less Red, which makes it LESS WHITE, and more other colours, you just percieve it as white, same with blue headlights on cars, they seem whiter, but instead just hurt.
Oh well, I guess it`ll be back to candles for the softer feel around the house
I think this is a great Idea.
As it is, 90% of the lightbulbs in our house are energy saving ones, the other 10% are old ones that will be changed to energy saving ones when they go, or ones that you cant get that kind in energy saving yet.
But for everyday household use, yeah, definately better.
That`s exactly what I was thinking.
I forsee a great exile of my people.
Incandescents still have a variety of uses that flourescent bulbs cant fulfill.. Heat lamps, for instance. Lights that need to turn on instantly(security floodlights and such).
An outright ban is ridiculous.
I think a better approach would be to leave it voluntary and reward those that do use the energy bulbs with tax breaks."
Great idea. Banning outright would be silly, because some people need the color balance, or whatever. But recommending and encouraging the new fluorescent bulbs is a great idea.
Its the difference between Day bulb and Night Bulb.
so it`s not all advantages, but all in all they`re better for home use.
However this looks like a good move. Though slightly flawed.
and anyway, it`s not like we`re giving them the right to control out lives, it is a step in the right direction (gave me a big shock, seeing as Howard made the decision)
I think a better approach would be to leave it voluntary and reward those that do use the energy bulbs with tax breaks.
Im glad someone took the first step, now wait for everyone else to follow. . .
The put off a dirrent color light. This isn`t a really big thing but if you are a makeup artist or photographer it can be a pain.
They are much more fragile. Once again not build unless you do work where you need to move lighing around.
The price of a light bulb is higher, so if you break one you loss more money. But in the long run they last longer and cost less to use. For home use they are great.
Anyone want to come to my barbeque?