UCLA Student Being Tased

Submitted by: spin_b 10 years ago in

A camera phone captured a student being tased after he allegedly refused to leave library. Warnings: language, violence.
There are 242 comments:
Male 274
college kid deserved it, he`s crazy, AND THE CAMERAMAN SUCKED BALLS!!! OMFG IT MADE THIS VIDEO SUCK
0
Reply
Male 949
Police brutality. I`ve have the cops called on me... 2 times i think. Armed ones. With those ranged M32 Police tazers... but they didnt zap me but a friend di once as a prank... hurts like f**K, man! That is police brutality!
0
Reply
Female 228
and THIS is why im going to be a lawyer.
0
Reply
Male 2
I heard the idiot say, after being told to stand up "F*** OFF!." That`s not cooperation. Too many idiots get painted as "VICTIMS" and then all the bleeding hearts pour their blood over him and then Paula Zahn does a softball interview. Don`t rage against tazers... they`re weapons of the FUTURE!, right kirk>
0
Reply
Male 2
Yummy, fried liberals. Favorite spews: "This is your patriot act!!!" "I want your badge number!" hahah, what are going to do, tell Jon Stewart? That dude needs to just stand up and (GASP!) follow authority. DISSENT IS OVERRATED!!!!!
0
Reply
Male 1
k... so i`m a mp in the marine corps right, and i`ve been tazed and ive been OCed. this was still funny as crap, he could have just done what he was told, he brought it on himself, i wouldda done the same thing... ok and being tazed sucks sure, but to say that he "couldnt" move is a lie, if he wanted it bad enough he would have stood up. Either way, in the end, hes still a vagina for screaming like that
0
Reply
Male 70
This is a perfect example of why many people don`t respect the police.
0
Reply
Male 176
Damn hippies always blaming the cops.
0
Reply
Male 1
this was already posted, but it would be a good thing to read: http://dailybruin.com/news/articles.asp?...
I`m a UCLA student, and quite frankly I don`t have the time to be wasting my time at a site like this, what with all the term papers and lab write-ups I need to do. I find myself at Powell almost every night working and what really freaks me out is that I`ve left my card at home in the morning, just like this student has. This could of happened to me, and could of happened to any other regular person. Thing is, I`m not a pussy who just does what I`m told when I`m told. This kid wasn`t either, but he wasn`t exactly a crazy rebel looking to pick a fight. He wasn`t. He was just a student, just a kid. Now his life has changed drastically. It`s sick. shameful really. Disgusting... [sarcasm] but thanks a lot law enforcement! And Bush! Thank you!! the patriot act really has provided our police force with their
0
Reply
Female 2
the sounds coming from that poor kid were haunting enough for me to completely feel the police were out of line here, and tasing him 5 times was not neccessary. Tasing him 1 time wasn`t neccessary either. They were dragging him anyway, they were in no place to abuse their power like that. You give a jerk a weapon and this is what happens. Utterly unacceptable. Those policemen should lose their badges and face serious jail time for the scar they put on that kids life. poo, they can`t get away with that.
0
Reply
Female 77
"...but don`t go asking for badge numbers until the police are done with what they`re trying to do (except extreme situations of course)..."

sorry, but how was this not an extreme situation BECAUSE they swarmed and brought attention and BECAUSE they tazed him TOO MANY TIMES?

As for the grabbing more police to deal with the situation, I agree, however, there wouldn`t have been a whole squad of officers there at first, and the individual was resisting, no matter how you choose to say it."

Yes, maybe not at first would there be a bunch of officers, but they could have waited, he showed to sign of being a threat to the other students, or the cops at first. According to what I`ve researched on the subject, reportedly he was trying to leave when the cops grabbed his arm and tried `escorting` him to the door, and all of this happened when he wanted to be left alone and be able to leave on his own, which is where the video starts off with him yelling to leave him alone.

0
Reply
Male 89
taken.

As for the grabbing more police to deal with the situation, I agree, however, there wouldn`t have been a whole squad of officers there at first, and the individual was resisting, no matter how you choose to say it.

0
Reply
Male 89
Here`s my opinion. I`ve seen too many individuals argue with police officers when they are obviously in the wrong. This kid, man, whatever could have easily left but chose not to. Fair enough. The police may have tased him a few times more than necessary, but at the same time, the guy chose the wrong time to decide to not comply. Another major problem that didn`t help the guy was the "support" he was getting from the other students, (asking for badge numbers, etc). Swarming around and attracting attention and potentially getting in the polices way while providing indirect support for the "victims" ideals just lead to him resisting even more. It was a bit much, but if somethings happening, stay out of it until the aftermath, videotape it, etc, but don`t go asking for badge numbers until the police are done with what they`re trying to do (except extreme situations of course) but at the end of the day, respect the police, `cuz that taser has saved more lives than it`s
0
Reply
Female 4
I live in England, where we don`t have tazers but, as with anywhere, we do have dimwitted citizens. Reports tell how the kid initially refused to leave; that was being stupid, there`s no denying it. However I don`t think that repeatedly shocking him was necessary. British police deal with idiots who act like that all the time, but do so with verbal negotiation, followed by the restraint of the individual if absolutely necessary. Never would a British person believe that stunning a kid in a library was needed just because he wouldn`t leave. He posed no real danger; using a dangerous tool like a tazer just cos some youth is being stubborn would be seen as brutal and backward in this country. He could have been moved away easily by 3 policemen without risking causing serious damage. What if he had epilepsy? It could actually have killed him on the spot! I think tazer use by police needs some real thought, so potential for their misuse is avoided from now on.
0
Reply
Female 77
Go to this link and educate yourselves before you post about how much you THINK you know. Even though the taser was in drive stun mode, it can STILL CAUSE PERMANENT DAMAGE!
(take the spaces out)
http://daily bruin.com/ news/articles.asp? id=39001
0
Reply
Female 77
You can all get pissed and think you have the d*mn right to say that he was in the wrong, or what the f*ck ever, but if that were you, would you want to be tazed over and over again. A*swholes. Yes, he should have gotten up and moved, but d*mn, dont taze him over and over again. We didn`t always have tazer guns, what the hell do you think cops did before we had them? They could have easily gotten a few more officers and picked him up and removed him from the situation. JUST LIKE THEY DID 10 SECONDS AFTER MINUTES 6 OF THE VIDEO
0
Reply
Female 77
The guy`s name is Mostafa Tabatabainejad
with a name like that he deserved it ^.^

SHUT THE F*CK UP, A*SWHOLE! Dude, just because he`s from a certain place does NOT mean that he deserves ANY G*D D*MNED THING LIKE THAT! IT`S PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE PEOPLE HATE AMERICANS. YOU SELF-RIGHTEOUS BASTARD

0
Reply
Male 74
maybe you should become the president and make those rules
0
Reply
Male 522
These cops should be tasered 20 times and then asked to do say the alphabet backwards within 60 seconds- if they can`t or wont they should be tased 20 more times. This should be repeated until they either learn thier lesson, or die in agony on the floor.
0
Reply
Male 74
The guy`s name is Mostafa Tabatabainejad

with a name like that he deserved it ^.^

0
Reply
Male 103
splurty,

Wow. Where do I even start? I think you`re barking up the wrong tree. He was clearly attempting to respect their authority, by repeatedly saying, "I am not fighting you" and "I said I woudl leave" but was physically incapable of doing so. So they tasered him again.

It`s like me beating you every time you flap your arms and but can`t fly, then acting self rightous about it, as if you should be able to fly. Or your dangerous because you can`t. Or not respecting my authority.

Both in that hypothetical situation, and in this real example, it is a massive abuse of power and an epitome of excessive force.

I`m a bit nonplussed as to how objecting when people are overly brutal and abuse their power will bring down the country. Unless you think the country should be an authoritative dictatorship with martial law, and that the police should be above the law. It`s pretty obvious that they broke the law, and they need to be held accountable.

0
Reply
Male 870
He wasn`t posing a threat while he was lying on the ground, surely. And his "violent response" consisted of trying to break free of the officers. That might be "resisting arrest", but he wasn`t threatening anyone with that. They ended up carrying him out; they could have dragged him out to begin with.
0
Reply
Female 5
lieunym -- if i was asked to leave and refused and was causing a scene for no reason, then I`d deserve it. But see, I would just leave. Yes I`d be pretty angry about it but I`d have no one but myself to blame because I was the one who left my I.D. in the first place.

My point is, everyone is saying he wasn`t posing a threat, but how was campus police supposed to know? Yes he was yelling that he was leaving but why didn`t he just do it in the first place? If he had a knife on him, what would have stopped him from using it? If he had a problem with them asking him to leave for not having his I.D. he could have taken it to the administration at the college and taken on the problem civilly, but he responded violently so they had to act accordingly.

0
Reply
Male 870
I`m so surprised at how many people are defending the cops. Suppose the kid wasn`t "respecting authority". That`s not a reason to taser him 5 times! He wasn`t posing a threat to anyone; doing that was just sadistic.
0
Reply
Male 2,796
Catchall, your attitude toward...well... everything is why Democrats will single-handedly destroy this country. With the help of the terrorists (the ACLU) of course.

Get a grip man. You are coming up with theory and finding data to support it. When those that look at the stupid video objectively, simply see an angry kid not doing the most SIMPLE of things. (Respecting authority.) Chances are you just love to argue for arguments` sake. Also, I am willing to bet that you have emotional and authoritive problems yourself. You have no defense man! The worst part of it is that you seem to think you are being heroic by defending who you see as a victim. What you fail to see as the truth is the fact that this dumb kid victimized himself. Hell, he Martyred himself!!! Your arguments are moot at best. In fact, you are pretty good at arguing in such a manner that there really is no right answer no matter what anyone says. There is, however, a fundamental right and wrong. You got it backwards.

0
Reply
Male 103
[quote]On 11/19/2006 2:57:23 PM VONLINE wrote: I never said anybody trolls the internet looking for people being tasered. But you do come across them every now and then, kind of like how you came across this one.[/quote]

Maybe I should restate that.

No, I actually haven`t ever watched a movie of someone being tasered on the internet, or anywhere else.

[quote]On 11/19/2006 2:57:23 PM VONLINE wrote: "I also usually don`t see quite so many people pretending that police brutalit is acceptable and something to be lauded." Of course you don`t. That would make the people you side with look foolish.[/quote]

I`m not quite sure I follow. Are you trying to say that if people think that brutality is OK, that makes the people who disagree look foolish?

0
Reply
Male 118
In short, the wanker got what he deserved.

Thats brightened my day somewhat.

0
Reply
Male 578
I never said anybody trolls the internet looking for people being tasered. But you do come across them every now and then, kind of like how you came across this one.

"I also usually don`t see quite so many people pretending that police brutalit is acceptable and something to be lauded."

Of course you don`t. That would make the people you side with look foolish.

0
Reply
Male 103
I usually don`t troll the internet looking for videos of police brutality.

I also usually don`t see quite so many people pretending that police brutalit is acceptable and something to be lauded.

0
Reply
Male 578
I don`t see why everyone is making such a huge deal about this. As someone who surfs the internet daily, I`ve seen dozens of videos of people being tasered by police and the reaction is usually laughter and joke making. The only difference is it`s usually some white trash redneck on "COPS" being tasered. But now that the victim is some college student in California screaming about the Patriot Act, you`re all suddenly sickened and outraged? Tell me, how is it you people can turn your bleeding hearts on and off at your convenience?
0
Reply
Female 401
that pisses me the hell off...omg..
0
Reply
Female 146
http ://dailybruin.com/ news/articles.asp? id=38960

has the story...interesting

(sorryu for the gaps on the link, the link button wasn`t working!)

0
Reply
Male 31
i have a question for you bomb tom..... you probably wont get it cuz not many ppl read this anymore, but why the f-ck do you hate jews? what did they do?
0
Reply
Male 1,231
This just sums up american police-British cops would have picked him up and carried him out of there-possible using hand cuffs but tasers? jesus christ its not as if he was posing a threat to civillians or himself! The police were far too brutal with him- i bet if the college staff had talked to him firs instead of calling the police this would have never had happened. Its a shame.
0
Reply
Male 6
bomb tom:
Split the difference-- hate Canadians.
0
Reply
Male 6
The guy that got tazed is the sociopath:
1. failure to conform to social norms (failure to obey police).
2. impulsivity or failure to plan ahead (forgot I.D. and generally acting like an idiot).
3. irritability and aggressiveness (Screaming: "Don`t touch me! Don`t touch me.", when asked to leave.)
4. reckless disregard for safety of self or others (This point is obvious.)
5. consistent irresponsibility (See number 4.)
6. lack of remorse (Acting like an idiot and being proud of it.)
0
Reply
Male 522
everyday i find it harder to answer the question:

who do i hate more? american, muslims, or jews?

0
Reply
Female 1,984
No matter how bad he was he SHOULDN`T have been tazed! That`s police brutality! He was handcuffed and tazed... OF COURSE he can`t get up! And he was TRYING to leave and posed no physical threat!

Cop: "He`s yelling that he`s trying to leave."
2nd cop: "Verbal abuse only eh? No gun? No hitting?"
Together: "Let`s taze `im."

GENIUS... -_-
For all of you saying he got what he deserved... you`re all sociopaths!

0
Reply
Male 103
"That kid was violent, stubborn, enraged, and out-of-control. "

Yeah, he was pissed. He was in pain. What do you expect?
But out of control and violent? I don`t think so. He was saying "I`m not fighting you" and wasn`t even standing up. When was the last time you were worried someone lieing on the floor was going to hurt you?

Sounds like you`re the one looking for excuses for police brutality.

0
Reply
Male 130
This makes my blood boil.
0
Reply
Male 276
That is f.ucking sick.

I hate the human race a lot more now. You people are driving me to killing somebody, I`m sick of drating dumbass non-nice individual humans.

God this makes me want to throw up and cry. I hate people.

0
Reply
Male 2,796
OK Catchall... Let me put it to you this way. What if it had been someone else, dressed the same and still of middle eastern descent. Only, this time, it was not a college student. What if that guys intention was to really hurt someone? All I saw from the dumb video was an enraged kid who was not complying to the most simple of orders. Who was balking authority with every chance he had. The cops were calm and gave that idiot more chances than I would ever give them credit for to comply with orders. That kid was violent, stubborn, enraged, and out-of-control. The cops were calm, serious and extremely patient. All you people out there that are taking that kids side are of the types that tend to make victims of themselves. You people obviously do not know the world in which you live or how it really works. Instead, all you can do is complain and find excuses. All this jerk had to do was leave on his own. Instead, he INVITED trouble! Excessive force would be if they beat him.
0
Reply
Male 103
And I`d really like you to show me the line in the police handbook where it says its OK to tase someone multiple times while they are restrained in handcuffs, and attempting to comply with your orders.
0
Reply
Male 103
[quote]On 11/17/2006 9:23:47 PM splurbyburbl wrote: You watch a loaded video, which is completely one-sided, and you immediately take the side of the kids that have the problem with the cops. ..... But those cops went straight by the handbook. What is total crap is that some of you just eat it up and immediately blame the cops when you don`t know most of the facts at all. [/quote]

I don`t care what this guy did or didn`t do that was wrong before the cops showed up. It`s actually irrelevant. Tasing him 5 times within 6 minutes while he was already handcuffed and posed absolutely no physical threat to anyone is uncalled for, is excessive force, and constitutes police brutality. Even if he was a suspected murder or raving drug addict, once he has been cuffed and is no longer a threat, there is no call for torturing him. He clearly isn`t the shinniest penny on the block, but the police are far worse by comparison.

0
Reply
Male 6
I think we can clearly see from this argument who who the unsuspecting, naive, fools are.
0
Reply
Male 2,567
I think we can clearly see from this argument who are the sadistic ones.
0
Reply
Female 88
Well, I`m going to back away from debate, but I didn`t like the screaming. Hearing that made me really upset.
0
Reply
Male 3,255
"The bottom line is, anyone here that said the cops did the right thing still brainwashed into this idea of "Patriotism" and the father country bullpoo, but the rest of us see how brutal this was. Police are people too capable of making mistakes, they arent superheroes, so they aren`t always right." -MaggotCorps

No, the bottom line is, the bleeding hearts see a poor widdle baby being HORIBBLEY SLAUGHTERED AND ALMOST MURDERED AT THE HANDS OF THE THOUSE HORRIBLE TERRIBLE NAZI SUPERVILLAN SKUM, THE COPS!

While the people with working brains see a jackass that refused to cooperate long before the video started, all through out the video, and most likly long after the video ended.

Look people, we know that driving honda civics with extra loud mufflers and hating cops is super rad and cool, but just like the banners in grade school said, cool isent always right.

0
Reply
Male 19
The bottom line is, anyone here that said the cops did the right thing still brainwashed into this idea of "Patriotism" and the father country bullpoo, but the rest of us see how brutal this was. Police are people too capable of making mistakes, they arent superheroes, so they aren`t always right.
0
Reply
Male 10
mrwnt, your avatar makes you a FINE spokesperson for police issues- hooray for racial profiling and systemic racism!
0
Reply
Male 10
If we are all 100% complacent with everything and do not worry about xenophobia and racial profiling, everything will be okay. Basically, if someone has more power than you- they are right and you are wrong. Really- the officers were only doing their jobs, if you think their job is messed up- ignore it! Simply follow every rule, never speak out or talk back. A good minority is to be extorted and abused, not heard.
</sarcasm>
0
Reply
Female 458
So nofalling.. next time the police "suspect" you of having a weapon, I think you should be tasered 4-5 times. Especially if you`re handcuffed and pose no threat.
0
Reply
Male 198
Anybody who thinks the cops did not use excessive force is an idiot. They went way over the line, regardless of the kid`s reaction. Yeah, he reacted in a way he shouldn`t have, but tazing him mutiple times WHILE HE WAS ON THE FLOOR? Give me a break.

If you think the cops responded appropriately, then I`m sure you won`t mind if it ever happens to you, huh? Down with fascism!!!

0
Reply
Male 334
you are idiots, police have to get tased before they can use tasers, they know what it feels like you cop-haters
0
Reply
Male 237
heh. Never got stunned, never got tazed, never got anything that bad happening to me. If it were to happen, I would probably NOT feel like wanting to get up that fast, even if it`s supposed to be "all right" and not incapacitative by nature. Being shouted at during that time by 3 people, with crowd and everything, I am not sure my brain would work weirdly. And getting a second taze at that time, I`d probably feel very unhappy about the whole deal, and totally untrustful of the people who are mishandling me. On that, the stupid guards would need to have a course in how to make someone obey you, because they obviously flunked it and they should be jailed and thrown out with cause.

On the other side, being someone and being politely asked to leave because I don`t have a card, I would probably try to convince and if no go, then leave, especially if threathened to call guards. Depening on how this was handled by the clerk would make my balance shift toward one side or the other.

0
Reply
Male 1
I just think that they (the cops) could have ,while he was handcuffed, picked him up and ignored his screams to let him go.
0
Reply
Male 943
that is f-ucking outrageous... makle me wanna go out and kill a cop
0
Reply
Male 2,519
[url=http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/nation/16031432.htm]http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity...[/url]

Civil rights lawsuits are likely to be filed. More of the same repeated stuff in the article.

0
Reply
Male 799
dude your body goes fuc*king numb when you get electrocuted. I got zapped once and coundt walk right for 5 hours.
0
Reply
Male 150
you know, if the douche bag couldn`t stand when he was told to stand, why didn`t he save his breath and just say, " i can`t dratin stand". Instead of screaming `Patriot act this` and `i-was-just-leaving (HORSESHIIT) that`

that guy was just an attention whore.

oh yea. who reads this far into the blogs. Page 8 WOW.

0
Reply
Female 670
i think i heard an electric shoky thingy police have
0
Reply
Male 587
He got tazed cause he didnt have his ID Card with him? What the F*ck is wrong with those cops? What SULU said. You use Violence as a last result you dont just taze the kid cause hes not leaving.
0
Reply
Male 592
I`m amazed at the amount of debate going on here. The facts here are:
Should he have been tazed?
Probably not.
Did he deserve to get tazed?
Yep, he got what was coming to him.
0
Reply
Female 172
Can we PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, F-CKIN` PLEASE STOP HOARDING VIDEOS FROM YOUTUBE?!

KAY. THAANKZ.

0
Reply
Male 19

That is just stupid. He was freaking leaving! So the cops push him back and start tazing him? Also, I doubt that he would be able to get up a few seconds after he just got tazed.

Off Topic: SHOOP DA WHOOP!

0
Reply
Male 2
Please don`t pull out the race card unless you know the facts. Can`t it be possible that the UC police are middle easterners? Who knows, MAYBE they have girlfriends that are middle eastern. Know the facts.

I hate cops, but hey, maybe they were actually trying to do their job by protecting the other students and staff from a potential threat? This guy seems non-compliant to everything, and enjoys making a big scene.

Bottom line: Was it necessary? Maybe, maybe not. Did he deserve it? Maybe, maybe not. Hell didn`t you ever wanted to smack down some idiot who was asking for it? Hate me for being entertained by the tasing.

Last note: ACLU report 148 dead from taser since 1999. C`mon people, it`s the American Civil Liberties Union. Like any political organization, they can distort statistics to their benefit. The 148 people could be kids, old people, or sick.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Just make sure you know the facts before you make your stand.

0
Reply
Male 6
I think if you listen closely to the audio, you can hear the guy say: "Thank you, sir! Can I have another!" So it`s not as bad as it seems. It definitely could have been worse-- at least the cops didn`t give him a wedgie.
0
Reply
Female 152
The sounds of his screams freaked me out.

But there had to be more to the story than "Oh I forgot my ID". He had to have done more, or the police wouldn`t have been so serious.

0
Reply
Female 5
I think they should have dragged him out, but the outcome would have been the same. Everyone would just be "outraged" by the fact that the cops put their hands on him "for no reason". Besides, how did they know he didn`t have a concealed weapon? And for him to still stick around as they called campus police ... he was asking for a standoff. Seems to me if he would have "got it the first time" he wouldn`t have told the cops "F*ck You" when they told him to get up after.
0
Reply
Male 2,796
Good point SULU, but I have to challenge that. It may seem like a little much, but there are thing you have to think about. Unless a suspect is on some serious drugs, more often than not, a suspect will comply after the second shock. That kid was being EXTREMELY stubborn. I believe he knew very well that he had the crowds sympathy. He played that card very well. Cops have to take certain things into account before they tazer, Like: Are they overweight... do they have an obvious medical problem... are they old? This kid was young and physically fit... oh yeah, and FULL of unwarranted rage. Nothing tires you out and knocks you down a peg or two like a harmless few jolts of electric wake-up. Again, I beleive the only thing they did wrong was not zip tieing his hands and feet and just dragging him out immediately.
0
Reply
Female 30
Watching this kind of thing makes me sick to my stomach.
0
Reply
Male 994
While that may be true that he didn`t leave the fact that they kept on shocking him was just over the top. I think he got it after the first time. Violence is only suppose to be used as a last result not a first
0
Reply
Male 6
Help! Help! I`m being repressed!
0
Reply
Male 2,796
What I find "horrible" about all this is the obvious ignorance about the whole thing displayed by none-other than some of you posters on this board. You watch a loaded video, which is completely one-sided, and you immediately take the side of the kids that have the problem with the cops. Why? Most likely because you all feel that you identify with those kids more than the cops, which is understandable. But those cops went straight by the handbook. What is total crap is that some of you just eat it up and immediately blame the cops when you don`t know most of the facts at all. Now you all know that as long as you are so easily manipulated and lead to believe anything, the media has total control over you. Quit being zombies!!!
0
Reply
Male 318
it was a big croud there......why the drat didnt they kick the ``police officers`` asses, they had no right to even do that, man, this video makes me wanna drat up someone
0
Reply
Male 2,796
First of all (from reading all the posts) it has been said that the only thing this guy did wrong was not bringing an I.D. WRONG!!! What this guy did wrong was stick around after he was undoubtedly asked politely and professionally to leave and come back with an ID, which (by the way) is up to the employee who initiated this action in the first place. Obviously this kid stuck around long enough to piss the powers that be off and so they called the police.
Of course, the video only captures the action when there is any action at all, not all the stuff leading up to it. Do you people really think, with all the other cops getting fired out there for similar things, that these cops are going to waltz into a library FULL of technology enhanced college students with the intention of torturing someone for no reason? By the way, yes you can get up after a tazering. The only thing those cops did wrong was not picking him up or dragging him out.
0
Reply
Female 2,552
HOLY fcuking God I couldn`t watch anymore. This is horrible! The people in the library are like "don`t!" and omfg what`s wrong with them!!? Errr!!
0
Reply
Female 2,552
Being tased for not leaving the library? Ok..didn`t know it was a crime.
0
Reply
Female 1,403
collage educated- Hey I made one of those in Art today!
"If someone comes in your house and refuses to leave what would you do if the cops said o well we tried our best i guess we will just leave so we don`t look bad" Ok, people call me a hippie all the damn time, so you all can call me a hippie after this. I hate watching people get hurt! If I saw Paris Hilton get hit by a car, I`d help her, even though she seems like an idiot and a whore. If there were 3 police officers at my house to get a weirdo out and they couldn`t pick him up (I mean, if Weirdo didn`t have a weapon.)then I`d be kind of confused. I was under the impression that cops must be fit to do a their job. If Weirdo was 300 lbs, I could understand.
Ok, now after this I do not disrespect authority, (Well, my parents, but they don`t have weapons) when ever police are involved, I *always* listen.
0
Reply
Male 12
Granted that his did make a mistake in not bringing his ID, I doubt the punishment matches the "crime."
0
Reply
Male 12
Yeah, most of us carry our ID at all times, but it`s not impossible to forget. We rarely get carded out of nowhere, most of the time it`s only to gain access to a building. And in this case, the student was a senior, so he probably lives in an apartment instead of a dorm (dorms are only guaranteed to first and second years.) So unless he planned to go to the gym that day, he wouldn`t really need his ID. I haven`t even heard of late night library sweeps until now.
0
Reply
Female 12
lol you can walk right after getting tazed. i`ve seen the drating cop training videos where they volunteer to try it out, and one huge-ass officer i knew got tazed a few times and they all were fine.

and you should always carry some form of id.

0
Reply
Male 162
Fair enough the guy forgot his ID, but even still the Cops shouldn`t of Tazered him...
0
Reply
Male 991
"The residence halls are a 30 minute walk from the library. If he was in the middle of studying for midterms, walking all the there..."

"You need an ID to get into a few buildings on campus, particularly the residence halls and the gym."

OK, if this is all true than wouldn`t it make sense to carry your ID at all times, just in case, than having to walk all the way back for it. At least when you go to places you think or know you will be carded at.

0
Reply
Male 12
There was no big mob, just a group of students studying who were probably gathering around to see what was going on. It was after the police tased him that the crowd was getting upset.
0
Reply
Male 522
i`d just like to remind you all that the lapd is known for their professionalism and restraint during hostile situations. they have never overeacted or used excessive force...ever.

god bless the united states of as$holes

0
Reply
Female 1,007
MY CHRIST.

I don`t f*cking get it. If I were there, honestly, I would`ve spoken out against the cops. They tased him so many times-- just because he wasn`t getting out of a goddamn library fast enough-- and then they expect him to get up.

What`s next, another Kent State situation?

0
Reply
Male 12
The residence halls are a 30 minute walk from the library. If he was in the middle of studying for midterms, walking all the there and back for an ID to show the CSOs would be a nuisance. CSOs are students working part time in the police department (hence Community Service officers.) I believe their functions are similar to hall moniters and security guards.
0
Reply
Male 1,111
they either were doing sweeps or prehaps they were racial profiling him because they had heard of suspicious activity on campus. which would be the CSOs fault.

according to the article he "refused to show his id" and then "encouraged other students to join his resistance." If this is true then I understand the cops using the tazer, by eliminating the cause of the problem and making an example the rest of the mob would dissipate. Common crowd control tatic when cops are outnumbered

0
Reply
Male 12
You need an ID to get into a few buildings on campus, particularly the residence halls and the gym. I believe they were doing sweeps in the libary and asking people for their ID, though I`ve never encountered this before.
0
Reply
Male 12
Before the cops showed up, the CSOs (community service officers) asked him for Bruincard (UCLA ID). He didn`t have his ID, and it appears that he refused to leave because he believed that the CSOs picked him out because of his middle eastern descent. The UCPD came in (I assume they were called by the CSOs), as he had his backpack on and was about to leave.
0
Reply
Male 991
I seen this on the NBC news the other day. The kid says it was a hate crime because of his Middle Eastern decent. Then they went on to criticsm on the LA police force.

The story:
http:// www.msnbc. msn.com /id/15765622/ from/RS.5/

Without spaces, it wouldn`t let me post it without them...

0
Reply
Male 148
"I`m Leaving"
"I`m NOT resisting you"
*tazers*

GET UP x 20
Tazers
Get Up x 20
Tazers

Been tazed once as part of a dare and dropped to the floor and couldn`t walk without pain in my legs for about 2-3 minutes. and he keeps getting taxed within 6:30

Could have gone better on both sides though.

Kid didn`t need to yell and cops over did it by a lot....=\

0
Reply
Male 1,111
sifera i`m curious, what happened before the cops showed up, because i`m guessing they didn`t just pick him randomly out to taser him.
0
Reply
Male 991
I can`t tell what REALLY happened based on this phone video. I can`t really say it was police brutality, or the kid should`ve just got up because I don`t know the effects of a taser gun and I don`t know what has been said and done before filming.

"Part of what bothers me about this video is the attitude of the students. They all come off as being very arrogant and having no respect for authority ..."
I think people get more agressive in mobs compared to if they were a little group or one person.

0
Reply
Male 1,111
Right demetri, thus my post about that was my opinion based on what could be observed, obviously you have decided what`s cut in stone without knowing all the facts. And for that you might be practicing patience but you are also practicing close minded ignorrance.

If that man decides to file it will be squashed in court, probably before it acutally gets to a peer trial. Public opinion has little to do with the outcome of cases. Go to a law library look up cases, and see how many cases the public would/did agree with.


you opinion may stand, but it stands in undeniable stupidity without the whole story.

0
Reply
Male 1,079
wtf??
0
Reply
Male 12
He paid for his right to study in the library. It is not the cops house.
0
Reply
Male 12
Bruneau, you must have a misconception of students by generalizing that all of us have no respect for authority. I don`t know where you get the idea that that`s the trend. The students were standing around the cops because they noticed that what they were seeing was NOT RIGHT. There was one student who approached the officer, either to tell him to stop doing it (because the tased student was already complying) or to ask the officer for his badge. In response, the officer threatened to taser that student as well.

Police officers in this country don`t have power and authority just for the hell of it. And it makes no sense for us to OBEY all their demands. They are here to protect us, not for us to worship their authority no matter how unreasonable their actions become.

Wey_Pooh: The student was not violent and to my understanding did not present himself as a physical threat.

Startsometin: I doubt your analogy about a trespasser in my house applies to this situation.

0
Reply
Male 3
I never repost but Liquidglass you`re killing me. Just because you have a JD from Kazakhstan doesn`t mean you`re a good attorney. Apparently you know little of the real world, because if this young man decides to file, it will become more public opinion than the black and white print of the law. My opinoin stands, they went above and beyond just cause. Part of training in law enforcement is patience, they had none.
0
Reply
Female 1,065
This is horrible, I winced when he screamed.. The poor guy If I were there i`d be crying for the poor guy, they shouldnt have been so mean and he said he had a medical condition.. ;^;
0
Reply
Female 50
Part of what bothers me about this video is the attitude of the students. They all come off as being very arrogant and having no respect for authority, and this seems like a growing trend among the college-aged population across the country.

Just because you happen to be a student at a major University doesn`t mean that you are right about everything. I would like to see some of the students acknowledge that they aren`t the supreme all-knowing beings that they wish they were. Generally speaking, just because you are in the process of getting an education doesn`t mean that you know everything.

0
Reply
Male 72
"Anyone who talks that way to a police officer would have to be violent, and really angry."

Or maybe they are not violent, they are just ticked off at the people that just tasered him five times. I would be.

0
Reply
Male 72
Undratingbelievable.

First, it has been made clear the kid was NOT BREAKING THE LAW. This means they can`t do anything to you, legally, EVER. They do not have the power to decide that a certain person might be dangerous and do something without a real reason.

Second, he wasn`t even resisting them. He was going to leave, which he didn`t have to do anyway, and they tazered him. For NO reason. And they were asking him to stand up after being shocked with tens of thousands of volts SEVERAL TIMES.

The third thing that was irritating is how little all of the fellow students did about this. They just stood around watching instead of confronting the cops. They had proof of misconduct and much higher numbers. The cops would not have been able to do anything then.

0
Reply
Male 1,003
Idiots. The student was being tasered! And did you hear the way he talked to the policemen? That must mean that before he was tasered he was even more violent, except now he couldn`t do anything because he was weak. Anyone who talks that way to a police officer would have to be violent, and really angry.
0
Reply
Male 5
Wow. Every time I watch a police taser video it gets my adrenaline pumping. I don`t think tasers should be used unless absolutely necessary. The police were probably just mad that the student yelled at them and decided to pay him back. Which was completely an abuse of power.

The police threatened to taser a girl when she asked for his name and badge number. It was bad enough they were tasering the kid, but they could at least be men and own up to what they did. I hope they got arrested or at least fired.

0
Reply
Male 24
They should have shot his stupid ass. Congratulations, you just paid a stupid tax on YouTube.
0
Reply
Male 1,111
I honestly don`t know why the kid screamed about the patriot act, it was completely irrelevant, thus my reasoning for saying he was attempting to cause a scene.

as far as `non-lethal` things go, rubber bullets, water hoses, etc have all been used against people that are just screaming at the cops and resisting so like i said I`d have to be there to tell you the truth, just going by what i saw.

If anyone hears about a lawsuit by this kid post it, i`d like to see what happens if he tries. That and the facts should be presented a little more clear than a video phone

0
Reply
Female 26
I feel extremely sick right now. Literally. Quite a bit by the end of the video, and I still feel it after the 20 minutes it took me to read all the comments. This is just disgusting in every way, shape, and form. There`s really nothing else to say.
0
Reply
Male 561
What was his point by not leaving anyway. I mean why didn`t he just go home and get his id. Instead of starting all of this. By not listening to the school or the police
0
Reply
Female 486
Hmm. Reading through all of these comments has been interesting...there`s quite a diverse group of people who come here. It`s interesting to see the opinions of people who actually know the law as well.

Anyway...that video was disturbing. I was shocked when I read the story behind it. It seems completely ridiculous that the officers kept using the Taser on him when they wanted him to leave. Isn`t that counterproductive, since Tasers are supposed to immobilize? Especially when the boy was saying that he would leave willingly? It does not make sense, and I think the use of the Tasers made the whole thing much worse.

0
Reply
Male 113
id love to taser one of them cops right now. Even though theyve prolley bin thru that crap in training it would still prolley make my day.
0
Reply
Male 111
He was LEAVING the library. A policeman grabbed him and he didnt like it so he yelled get off and then they just tased him. Don`t tell me thats not drated up. Even if he wasnt leaving, you don`t need to use a taser. Are officers that LAZY to not just grab him and pull him out?
But police officers don`t do anything worthwhile anyways. They go around tasing kids and arresting non violent drug offenders.
0
Reply
Male 561
^^ didnt say the cops house i said YOUR HOUSE
0
Reply
Male 12
This is not THE COPS HOUSE. This is a public school library. He paid for his tuition, he paid for his ability to study at that library. It`s as much his as it is any other student`s.
0
Reply
Male 12
hope that government officials (or police officers) will not abuse this right. So, of course this thought will come to mind when we find ourselves at odds with the authorities.
0
Reply
Male 561
If someone comes in your house and refuses to leave what would you do if the cops said o well we tried our best i guess we will just leave so we don`t look bad
0
Reply
Male 12
No, the student wasn`t hitting the cops, and the student wasn`t showing any form of violence. Though he was resisting in a non-violent manner, he did not present himself as a clear physical threat to the police officers. This should be an obvious sign that the use of the taser is EXCESSIVE FORCE. There were at least three and four officers there, and I honestly doubt that those police officers are unable to physically restrain him and escort him out WITHOUT A TASER.

Furthermore, this was a student of the school. He was not a felon, he was not a "terrorist," nor was he a street thug looking to start trouble. He wanted to study at the library, and he apparently forgot his ID at the time.

It did seem strange that he would yell out "here`s your patriot act, here`s your abuse of authority," but police brutality and the patriot act IS a big topic on the minds of my fellow students. Many are put off by the ability of government officials to abuse this act, and we all h

0
Reply
Male 1,111
lol well it sits on the wall, clever though.

whether or not it`s police brutality is based on all the events that occured, from what I saw on the crappy video phone it didn`t appear that way.

so I`m guessing you`re about 15 or so stay in school, then i`ll listen.

0
Reply
Male 30
liquidglass, i`m not sure how a degree "sits" but I suppose your law degree lets you do anything you want, including justifying police brutality. Keep up the good work.
0
Reply
Male 1,111
sifera if your understanding happens to be right, then yes it was excessive force, not what I saw, but that`s why different prespectives are good.

As far as tazering goes, it`s only meant to immobilize you while it`s going on and not allow you to use your greater muscle fuctions like fighting. So He would still be able to get up after being tazed.

0
Reply
Male 12
I`m a student of UCLA and here`s my understanding of what happened.
Apparently the guy refused to show ID to CSOs (Community Service Officers) at first, but began to leave after the UCLA Police arrived. He had his backpack on and was getting up to leave.

As he was leaving, the police officers grabbed his arm and tried to physically escort him out. The student was upset and told the police to let go of him. It was during this time that he was resisting that the police tasered him. Remember, though that he WAS ALREADY LEAVING THE LIBRARY.

I find it hard to believe that people think it`s easy to get up after being tasered. The purpose of a taser is to IMMOBILIZE someone. Furthermore, it seems counter-intuitive that you would immobilize someone when you want them to move, or to leave an area.

They were tasering him even though he yelled out "I will leave."

Another thing to note was that the police tasered him at least once after he was handcuffed.

0
Reply
Male 1,111
My bad on that one spring, great comment, didn`t mean to seem like I was bashing you. I agree that officers will use excessive force when a minority they don`t particularly like happens to cross their path. Keep up the posts
0
Reply
Male 1,111
i`m ashamed you`re retarded

They did pick him up and attempt to drag him out catchall. Tasing is a legal non-lethal force that can be used when a subject is resisting. I`m ashamed you don`t know your history enough to know that other non-lethal forces have always been used, and to be honest tasing is about the most non-lethal around.

They repeatedly warned him he was about to be tazed.

I`m ashamed you`re the kind of person who believes he had every right to try to pull the officers down without them reacting.
If the kid hadn`t screamed, (someone said struck), kicked, attempted to knock the officers over and had just sat in one place or gone limp when they attempted to carry him out then he wouldn`t have been tazed, it was active resistance that caused the tazing not passive.

and i`m also ashamed you speak about things you really aren`t sure about

0
Reply
Female 17
I`m not trying to make this into a race thing, I said I wasn`t necesarily talking about this video, I was responding to the many blanketed comments about blindly obeying the police.
0
Reply
Male 103
I`m ashamed you`re an American.

I`m ashamed that you have a law degree and can`t distinguish between non-lenthal force and excessive force.

Acceptable force would have been to pick him up and drag him out. Repeatedly tasing someone who is in handcuffs is excessive force.

0
Reply
Male 1,111
don`t even try to make this into a "race" thing, the kid was white and from what I could see at least two white officers, maybe a black one. While there are some instances of cops going a little too far this is not one of them. The only person on the power trip was the kid who was attempting to make a scene, get noticed, brag about how he resisted, or even try to build a case against cops for some quick money.
0
Reply
Female 351
my god.
it`s very heated in here
i didn`t even watch it,
but shut up zerocyde, you`re an arrogant rooster.
0
Reply
Male 1,111
"And I hate the people who condone this completely, just because he was wrong. That`s besides the point."

Skine wtf is your problem, that`s like saying you shouldn`t condone an officer shooting a guy because he`s getting ready to shoot you (skine). Doesn`t look so bad from that angle does it.


If you`re ashamed to be an american, by all means, move. If you don`t like something you either change it or get away from it.

as far as your disposable camera story, you`re telling me a AA battery stunned you for minutes, do you weigh about 6 lbs?

I don`t expect to hear from you again until your IQ goes up.

0
Reply
Female 17
Many people are saying that he should have done what he was told and none of this would have happened, but I think it`s hard for some people (especially non-minorities) to understand how frustrating it is to be harrassed by cops when you didn`t do anything. I don`t know if it was exactly the case in this video, but when you know you didn`t do anything wrong and you`re dealing with a cop on a power trip, it`s not that easy to just comply. A friend of mine was in a white neighborhood when he was being harrased by some other people and when the cops came, he ended up being choked because he yelled and cursed when they accused him of causing problems. Would he have been choked if he didn`t curse at the cops? Probably not but when you`re in a situation like that you act on emotions and cops should be prepared to handle that without excessive force.
0
Reply
Male 1,111
learn what you`re talking about before you post demetri and everyone else that speak along the lines saying the cops over reacted and the kid was mistreated etc.
1)the university has a right to kick out anyone they wish, especially non-students
2) Cops are allowed to use `non-lethal` force, which they did after repeated warnings
3) getting tazed simply overrides the neuro system in your body paralyzing you, after it`s over, you might be twitching but you are perfectly fine to get up a few seconds later.
4) Those stupid kids were attempting to pull a 60`s "passive resistance" the cops were in the right and the kid will just get a place in the yearbook.
5)if you want to ask about my law degree it`s sitting about 5 feet away
0
Reply
Male 263
Stupid college students deserve to get tazed. I always shake my head when people don`t listen to the police and are oh so shocked when they get tazed.
0
Reply
Male 2
Oh, I wasn`t there, but the story on campus is during the resistance, the guy struck one of the officers. I don`t feel sorry at all for the guy.
0
Reply
Male 2
^God forbid a cop ever saves your life.
0
Reply
Male 43
i hate all cops.
0
Reply
Female 818
I honestly feel sick right now.
0
Reply
Male 719
I do know what it feels like to be shocked, though not by a tazer. I`m the type of idiot who once disassembled a disposable camera, despite all the warnings. A single touch with my finger resulted in my entire upper body tensing up and I was stunned for a few minutes before I completely regained my composure. The duration of that was a mere fraction of a second. I couldn`t imagine if that were prolonged to 5 seconds and repeated 5 times in 5 minutes.

And I hate the people who condone this completely, just because he was wrong. That`s besides the point. Sometimes I`m ashamed to be an American.

0
Reply
Male 719
So he`s an idiot. So he should have left the library. Even if he had committed a real crime, the police didn`t need to taze him nearly that many times while he was cuffed and surrounded by three officers. Three men, without any implements such as a tazer or billy club could have taken him out of the library without much trouble. Three men, after handcuffing the guy could have removed him easily. The question here isn`t "is he guilty;" it`s "how necessary were the officers` actions in regards to removing the student."

Also, someone said that the police weren`t meant to be judges. This is very true. It`s the judge`s job to dole out punishments, which in modern-day America are not to include physical pain and suffering. Hell, the death penalty doesn`t involve anything more than a prick of a needle.

0
Reply
Male 578
How do we know they didn`t try escorting him out with minimal force? At the beginning, he can be heard screaming "Get your hands off me!" and "Don`t touch me!" I know we can`t see, but that sounds like he`s resisting quite a bit. Maybe everyone shouldn`t be so quick to judge the officers. They are trying to do their job which is to enforce school policy. Maybe next time, when they ask you to leave because you don`t have proper ID, you should leave instead of acting like a 4-year old.
0
Reply
Male 1,003
I wish all the kids who refused to follow orders would get tased. That`d build some discipline. If you don`t get discipline at home, you don`t get it in school. This is how.
0
Reply
Female 3,574
like use brute force (EI: pick him up and DRAG him out) but don`t tase him o_O

I think it was unnessicary to tase him like four times.

0
Reply
Male 1,003
what a crybaby. he was talking like a damn hippie. why the hell do you refuse to leave a freakin library if the police are coming? if you must show an ID show it. if you don`t have to then complain about it. if you are given orders by policemen then you must follow them because that`s the law. If the policemen broke any laws then they would be subject to investigation and so on. I seriously don`t think that the police did anything wrong here. They know there`s 100 college kids watching them so they would not do anything that could be called police brutality.
0
Reply
Female 3,574
Personally I think he was tased WAY too many times and for NO REASON... like once, I guess I can see... but when he`s LYING there... is it REALLY nessicary to TASE him!? God o_O;
0
Reply
Male 3
Bottom Line is that it was an excessive use of force. These were real police officers, not overreacting rent-a-cops. I have trained many CPD (Chicago PD) officers in restraining individuals. It did not involve the use of a taser. He could have easily been escorted out with minimal use of force. These holds true for any one I have trained, including club bouncers. We have to escort patrons out on nightly basis. Never once had they or could they resort to the use of a taser. Flame away, but remember this piece of paper we should all believe in: Our 8th Amendment: Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
0
Reply
Male 578
I`ve never been tased. But that`s because I always do what cops tells me to do. Funny how that works.
0
Reply
Female 578
The boy becomes shocked and upon not moving the cops taser him. Now suffering from extreme pain and shock that he can`t comprehend the situation, the boy sort of huddles into a ball. And things snowball, etc, etc.

Whether conscious or not, the fact the boy was an east asian in the US counted against him.

0
Reply
Female 578
I think the point is that, not only was it improper of the library staff to call the cops in the first place, but also that the cops didn`t adequately determine the threat of the situation. I think this says a lot about the culture of fear America has created. From what I can tell, an East Asian student went to the library and an overly fearful Librarian assumed him to be a possible terrorist threat. Asking him to leave the boy becomes perturbed and mumbles some angry words. Becoming more afraid the Librarian calls the cops. Agreeing to leave the boy begins to pack up - but is still rather annoyed - when the cops arrive and the boy says something like, theres no need to carry me out the door, I`m leaving. Grabbing the boy when he resists their tactics, the boy gets excited and resists more, telling the officers to get there hands off him. Seeing a disturbance of the peace, the cops become even more forceful and try to force him out the door.
0
Reply
Female 130
UCLA = whiney pussy babies. "we want your information officer." wtf were the police supposed to do? leave him there? let him stay in the library after he`d been told to leave (several times). without his card he was trespassing on private property. if the guy was at my house and wouldn`t leave after the cops and i told him to leave i`d want his happy ass tased as well. "stand up. you`re going to get tased again." what is so difficult to understand? cooperate and fight the system from the inside. the dude was being an idoit and the students look for any damn thing to protest. good luck in the real world you college baby idoits. STFU and GBTW.
0
Reply
Male 102
Lucky just because you`re allowed or even told to do something by the higher-ups doesn`t make it right. See command responsibility. See war crimes. See Auschwitz.
0
Reply
Male 888
Heh, those cops are like bully`s. Grab someone`s arm, punch them with their own arm and say "Stop hitting yourself"

How do they expect him to stand up after zapping him with a tazer?

0
Reply
Female 23
america has a HUGE cop problem... they could be doing smething a lot more useful and busting herion/ prostution rings... but no they are just tasering some kid in the library in front of 50 students... how messed up! it makes me so mad...
0
Reply
Male 315
"Lucky, you have a strange definition of "fact". What you said about passive resistance warranting pain is an opinion. If it was fact, we could find it in a highschool textbook."

You are right, its not in a high school text book, its in the state statutes which can be found many places including the internet on government run sites, or the library where this incident happened! Use of force is authorized against Passive Resistance, if it wasn`t the cops would have to carry him out by hand. Police officers don`t do that anymore because we shouldn`t have to work just cause a suspect is being childish.

0
Reply
Male 102
Lucky (and Camp82). Passive resistance, "the same kind of crap the hippies did". And Gandhi. And Nelson Mandela. Try the Civil Rights Movements in Northern Ireland and in America. I`m not trying to make any connection with the kid in the library, I don`t know why he hadn`t already left, but meeting nonviolence with violence is (almost(?)) never justified, and certainly not in the case of one handcuffed, dazed & tazed, crying, possibly paralysed student versus three cops. But you`re right, if those hippie students don`t do what they`re told they deserve everything they get. See Tiananmen Square.

(Farquad: I didn`t say all Americans were on the wrong side here, I said some are, which is true, sadly.)

0
Reply
Male 6
cops did NOTHING wrong at all.. maybe the tasers were a little to exscessive but luck2u is exaclty right.. that guy was over dramatic and was resisiting arrest..
0
Reply
Female 2,244
[quote]On 11/17/2006 1:29:55 PM triela wrote: The most amusing thing about video links like these are that both 13 year old kids and 35 year old adults are always making high-and-mighty statements about rights and politics while wasting their time at i-am-bored.com. If you`re so concerned about important matters, spend your time more valuably by contributing to your own causes. If you`re surfing i-am-bored in order to express your "oh so important" opinions, chill the f*ck out (or get a life).[/quote]

Umm you`re here too dumb f*ck - nothing better than people who come online to tell people they are losers for coming online

0
Reply
Male 8
The most amusing thing about video links like these are that both 13 year old kids and 35 year old adults are always making high-and-mighty statements about rights and politics while wasting their time at i-am-bored.com. If you`re so concerned about important matters, spend your time more valuably by contributing to your own causes. If you`re surfing i-am-bored in order to express your "oh so important" opinions, chill the f*ck out (or get a life).
0
Reply
Female 2,074
They didn`t have to do that. That was ridiculous.
0
Reply
Female 2,244
That was very disturbing. What the f*ck, those are campus police thinking they are god. It`s not clear that it`s a Muslim person from the video but that makes it even more odd.

That was just really upsetting.

0
Reply
Male 14
Honestly. I`m from England (East USA to you lot I suppose). It worries me because we are about 10 years behind you in everything. I see a whole lot of poo coming our way that I don`t want anything to do with. This is downright disgusting. I deal with lots of teanage naughty kids for a living. Some of them are very violent but I have always found a way of getting exactly what I want USING MY MOUTH AND BRAIN!! Is it because these cops of yours have got got too much of the former and not enough of the latter that they can only say, "Get up" to someone who, they know very well, can`t. You`re allowing a sad world to purpetuate. There is a need for this to be heard so that the sensible among us can do something about it. Sorry Willowpuff but if entertainment (this site) has served a purpose today in getting this poor fellow`s plight seen, then entertainment has reached beyond itself and is becoming useful at last.
0
Reply
Male 12
Yeah, bananas are good... especially with peanut butter in a sandwich.
0
Reply
Female 10
The kid was just in the library.. Did you not hear him when he said "okay I will leave!" He was ready to leave.. The kid was in HANDCUFFS, he posed a threat to NO ONE and there was absolutely no reason why he should have been tasered at ALL. Sure, he should have gotten up when they said so but when you`re in handcuffs and being tasered it would obviously be quite difficult.
0
Reply
Male 11
I LIKE BANANAS!
0
Reply
Female 2,220
This is why I don`t like things like this up here.
It jsut causes arguments and people getting upset.
0
Reply
Male 103
[quote]On 11/17/2006 12:30:15 PM doomdoomdoom wrote: you people are stupid you always think the cops are in the wrong you universities have a right to say who can and cannot use there facilities just because they might say its public does not take away their right to tell someone to leave[/quote]

You`re quite right. But it doesn`t give them the right to torture you on the way out the door.

0
Reply
Male 103
[quote]On 11/17/2006 12:05:04 PM Lucky2u wrote: "To meet passive resistance with violent and painful force, repeatedly, is using excessive force." I agree partially. Passive resistance DOES warrant the use of pain, thats not my opinion thats fact. Violence is almost never warranted, but a taser is not violent, its an ALTERNATIVE to violence. Had they taken out their blunt weapons and beat him, that would have been violent. What they did was only slightly excessive and is only worthy of a slap on the wrist.[/quote]

Lucky,

I don`t buy your so-called fact about passive resistance requiring the use fo violence.

Tasers cause extreme pain and can kill. I`d call that violent.


0
Reply
Male 814
Lucky, you have a strange definition of "fact". What you said about passive resistance warranting pain is an opinion. If it was fact, we could find it in a highschool textbook.
Espada, CAPSLOCK
Ryan, please read the thread before you post.
And to all the rest of you...wow...79 comments and no one picked up on the fact that the guy is middle-eastern.
0
Reply
Male 5
you people are stupid you always think the cops are in the wrong you universities have a right to say who can and cannot use there facilities just because they might say its public does not take away their right to tell someone to leave
0
Reply
Male 315
"To meet passive resistance with violent and painful force, repeatedly, is using excessive force."

I agree partially. Passive resistance DOES warrant the use of pain, thats not my opinion thats fact. Violence is almost never warranted, but a taser is not violent, its an ALTERNATIVE to violence. Had they taken out their blunt weapons and beat him, that would have been violent. What they did was only slightly excessive and is only worthy of a slap on the wrist.

0
Reply
Male 103
As I said earlier, being an ass, or even a jackass, does not warrant being tased.

To meet passive resistance with violent and painful force, repeatedly, is using excessive force. Especially if the person passively resisting is already handcuffed and poses no physical threat to anyone whatsoever.

Excessive force = police brutality.

End of story.

0
Reply
Male 69
Friday, November 17, 2006 11:22:53 AM
Nobody should "assume" anything that happened before the filming started. Yeah, the library might not have had a real reason for asking him to leave (although they were well within their rights if he didn`t have an ID). On the other hand, the guy might have been acting like a complete jackass and that`s why they asked him to leave. The bottom line is he commited a crime. He failed to comply with the orders of a law officer. Multiple times. If he had complied before the first time he was tazed, he would probably have been walked to the door and referred to the administration to file a complaint. Instead, he tried to act like some kind of martyr and repeatedly refused to comply to the officers orders. All he had to do was stand up. He had plenty of time to recover each time he was tazed. But he chose to continue acting like a jackass and he got tazed again. He brought it on himself.
0
Reply
Male 315
((Ughh filters...))
0
Reply
Male 315
Listen up everyone, a person does not have to throw a punch to resist a Police Officer. (assuming they were actual cops anyway) If a police officer says to do something and you don`t, or you go limp as the idiot in this video did, you are resisting at a passive level. Its the same kind of crap the hippies did.

I have been shot with a taser, most police officers have too, because its part of our training. Every taser/stun gun is differant but its not that hard to get up after about 4 or 5 seconds, and they gave him way more then that in the video.

Those of you saying the cops went above and beyond with the force, are being stupid. Yes the multiple shocks were excessive, but not brutally so. It would never have got that far in the first place if the kid wasn`t an non-nice individual.

0
Reply
Male 24
NO NOT THE POLICE. BUT YOU CAN SUE THE SCHOOL AND THE CITY.
0
Reply
Male 24
Hey Maelstrom. STFU. IF THE WOULD HAVE BEEN YOU, YOU WOULD BE SAYING SOMETHING COMPLETLY DIFFERENT RIGHT NOW. WHAT WAS HE GONNA SAY? THANK YOU CAN I HAVE ANOTHER? YOUR A DUMBASS.IF I HAD A TASER AND SAW YOU ,ID WOULD ZAP YOU IN YOUR ASS AND SEE IF YOU FEEL THE SAME WAY AFTER .
0
Reply
Male 2,057
espada23, you can`t sue the police for brutality
0
Reply
Male 2,057
good detail for a phone camera

BTW why was he tased if he refused to leave a library that was still open?

0
Reply
Male 24
I smell a nice juicy Lawsuit. Clearly this was Police brutality. The man was handcuffed,not resisting,and clearly under control of the police. No reason to taze him 4 times.It goes to show that if you try and stand up to the biggest gang in L.A, "The Police" you will get beat down.
0
Reply
Male 103
Could the cops have been brutal towards the student? Or was it the student that was just being an ass by not going back to get his student ID?

Being an ass does not warrant being electroshocked.

If he had been a violent ass and it was necessary, sure. But it`s pretty clear from the footage that he wasn`t violent, he was already restrained, and if anything the tazing was preventing him from complying and making it take longer for the officers to remove him.

Unwarranted use of force is the definition of police brutality.

0
Reply
Female 106
i agree with Zerocyde and Jebler. the guy getting tazed was an idiot for not listening and the kids acting all big and tough about badge numbers were idiots too.
0
Reply
Male 103
[quote]On 11/17/2006 10:46:48 AM samiam2281 wrote: Someone posted that this was justified because it isn`t the job of the officers to be the judges, but to get the person out of the way of the civilians and blah blah blah. ... but not leaving a library does not mean you deserve to be electrocuted several times. This is just outrageous![/quote]

Never mind that the guy they are tazing is also a civilian. Who was posing no physical threat to anyone at any time.

0
Reply
Male 1,882
North Korea executes men, women, and children for attempting to flee the country (and flee starvation).

Iran tolerates violence towards women, including rape and murder, for not being "modest enough" or "too independent".

The United States of America tazes some kid for not leaving a library when he is asked to. Despite the fact that it probably took the officers several minutes to get there, the kid couldn`t have just sat there and screamed at the library personnel and stayed in the library. He was trying to leave the whole time, inbetween screaming obsenities at the officers and not obeying them (or "passive resistance").

Could the cops have been brutal towards the student? Or was it the student that was just being an ass by not going back to get his student ID?

So which is better? Iran? North Korea? USA?

In the words of Maddox, "Civil disobedience is still disobedience."

0
Reply
Female 105
Someone posted that this was justified because it isn`t the job of the officers to be the judges, but to get the person out of the way of the civilians and blah blah blah. It seems to me that they KEPT him there by doing this. There were at least three of them, if they`re cops they should have been in good enough physical condition to carry him out. He wasn`t a large person or anything.

I`m all for cops putting people in their place when they`ve done something they deserve, but not leaving a library does not mean you deserve to be electrocuted several times. This is just outrageous!

0
Reply
Male 103
[quote]On 11/17/2006 10:40:44 AM Twist13 wrote: Fail to comply, get warned, get tazed. He is the stupid one, cops were justified in what they did. [/quote]

Five times while in handcuffs? And while possibly physically incapable of doing what the officers request, but verbally acknowledging that he was trying to comply? Oh yeah, very justified. B-|

0
Reply
Male 103
I`m just referring to the published studies on tazers and their effects, linked in page 2 which states that at the settings they were using and for the length of time they tazed him, he could have been incapacitated for up to 15 minutes.

I`d also like to point out that over hundred people have been killed by tazers. They`re not just a gentle prod.

I`d like to see how you feel after being tazed. My guess is you might curse as well. And I`m at a bit of a loss as to how he was fighting them while handcuffed. Or do you think handcuffs are just as ineffectual as you seem to think tazers are?

What I saw were three cops who had subdued and handcuffed a person repeatedly administer electric shocks. Sounds more like a POW camp than a library to me.

And, while I can understand a cop saying, "sure, I`ll give you my badge number in a minute here but just now I`m busy" the response of "back off or you`ll get tazed too" is completely inappropriate and illegal.

0
Reply
Female 410
I agree with Maelstrom_x.
0
Reply
Male 608
Fail to comply, get warned, get tazed. He is the stupid one, cops were justified in what they did.
0
Reply
Male 1,882
"If you don`t like the laws of the country, you can move to somewhere where this type of behavior is more appropriate. I suggest North Korea or Iran."

This proves it. In Iran and NK, they KILL you for this kind of misbehavior. Don`t try to compare the two. You should know what you are talking about before you compare things.

"I didn`t see him fight with the police: in fact he clearl said, multiple times "I`m NOT fighting you"."

Oh, I`m sorry, even though I saw him fight the officers while they were helping him up with my own eyes watching the video, him saying he wasn`t fighting them means he wasn`t.

"And when someone is passively resisting the police by not standing up, pretending that the appropriate response is violence is ludicrus."

If you call yelling obsenities in a public area and trying to wiggle out of the police`s grasp when they try to help you up, I`d hate to see what you call "activism".

0
Reply
Male 1,882
So when did you become a "tazer expert"?

Tazers only kill under certain unfortunate circumstances. The actual shock is less dangerous to most people than the possibility of falling on something and getting a concussion. Also, the whole "incapacitated" problem is that there was a huge window of time where the cops weren`t there and he was not leaving when he was asked to (which is the FULL RIGHT of the staff to ask him to leave, like it or not).

He wasn`t tazed because he was there, he was tazed because he was swearing at the officers and *gasp* NOT LEAVING. The first time they were helping him up he started screaming and fighting them, THEN they tazed him.

It takes a lot of 5 second bursts (which they were using) to "incapacitate" someone.

As for the badge numbers, yeah, let`s ask an officer their badge number when THEY ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF DOING THEIR JOB. EXCUSE ME OFFICER, stop doing your job and tell me your badge number. NO? POLICE BRUTALITY!

0
Reply
Male 103
If you don`t like the laws of the country, you can move to somewhere where this type of behavior is more appropriate. I suggest North Korea or Iran.

I didn`t see him fight with the police: in fact he clearl said, multiple times "I`m NOT fighting you". Tazers may only zap for a couple seconds but that are fairly frequently deadly. And when someone is passively resisting the police by not standing up, pretending that the appropriate response is violence is ludicrus.

0
Reply
Male 1,882
Somehow I think there is more to this than simple "I don`t have an ID". He probably smarted off to the staff about not having is ID, which prompted the police to come. Considering he was fighting the police and swearing at them and verbally abusing them, I think he deserved getting tazed.

And don`t try the "he was leaving" crap. They were helping him up and he started fighting them, so they tazed him again. Tazers only zap for around 5 seconds, and after that the only thing you will more than likely experience is muscle pains. You won`t be crippled for 3 minutes and be forced into a fit of swearing and asking for police officer information instead of actually complying with police.

Whenever someone pulls out the "police brutality" card, I am immediately suspect of it. This only captures a bit of the story, and from what I see, when you swear at officers and don`t comply, you get tazed. Chalk another one up to common sense.

0
Reply
Male 103
You do realize that being tazed can kill people, that they were tazing him while he was handcuffed, and that tazing someone on the settings and for the duration they used renders them incopasitated for up to 15 minutes - that he was physically incapable of complying with them, but verbally told them he would and that he was not resisting, yet they continued to taze him?

Do you also know that they threatened the other students who asked for their badge numbers? That in and of itself is illegal.

Those dumbass cops risked their careers for someone who had forgotten a student ID card. Sadistic f*cks.

0
Reply
Male 1,882
"Here is your patriot act!" "Here is your abuse of power!" "I want your badge number!"

1) If you don`t have an ID when they ask for it, they will not allow you to enter because it is school property and they can do whatever they damn well please. They probably called the police after he refused to leave (since he would have been able to leave before the cops arrived anyways, and the cops were trying to get him out).

2) He got TAZED because he wouldn`t OBEY THE POLICE. When they tell you to stand up, STAND UP. When they tell you to leave, LEAVE. Don`t cry, whine, and moan about it, DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD.

3) This is what I have come to expect from liberal teenage college kids. "How DARE the police tell me what to do! Abuse of power! Patriot act!" What a load of crap. OBEY THE RULES YOUR COLLEGE SETS, OBEY THE POLICE, and STOP BEING A RETARD ABOUT THE WHOLE THING.

Which would you rather do, go get your ID or get tazed for being stupid?

0
Reply
Male 103
Well, if there ever was a case of excessive use of force and complete incompetance on the part of cops and rent-a-cops.

Tazing someone 5 times to get them out of the library while he`s saying, "I`m leaving"?

There`s a reason they`re not real cops, and I hope those jokers never become them.

0
Reply
Male 227
I saw 3 idiots in that clip, the idiot who woudn`t listen to the cops, and the cops that weren`t helping the situation in any way, shape, or form.
0
Reply
Male 135
Well if i wasn`t bored before i watched that...I am now. If he`d just got up and done what they said he wouldn`t have needed to be tased quite so much.
0
Reply
Male 779
This is bull... I almost punched my computer screen watching this... I am so angry!

Have you ever been tased? That crap doesn`t feel good. I got tased, and afterwords I could barly walk. This guy got tased at least five times! I wouldn`t be surprised if he couldn`t stand up at all! I hate cops.

0
Reply
Male 163
farquaadhnch, yes - that`s what she wrote. But let`s take this example. A guy takes off his clothes e holds his p.enis outside a police headquarters while screaming "you f.ucking pigs can all s.uck my c.ock". The cops come out and shoot him clean in the head. Then Lola comes out and says "if you`re gonna make a scene waving your d.ick in front of the police you`re just asking to be humiliated on youtube" - does that sound reasonable to anyone. That`s what her comment sounded to me. In face of police brutality, she focuses on the fact that the guy shouldn`t have made a scene?! WTF? The reasons for him to be arrested are questionable, but debatable. For someone to be tased even once for leaving a library too slowly, is undeniably wrong. Period.
0
Reply
Male 2,519
Maybe you`ll like to see this report as well.
[url=http://dailybruin.com/news/articles.asp?id=38960]http://dailybruin.com/news/articles.asp?...[/url]
0
Reply
Male 145
man this is seriously screwed up. the cops really didn`t have to tase the guy so many times. quite obvious they were getting their kicks out of tasing the poor guy
0
Reply
Male 1,225
over for no reason.

I would like to have more faith that the majority of our criminal justice professionals know what they are doing.

I would also like to see you go for a ride along as they pull over cars for speeding. You`ll have one hell of a time.

0
Reply
Male 1,225
I`m sorry quedas, but lola doesn`t condone what the rent-a-cops did. She just believes that the guy should have listened before the first tasering. and she called the following statement by Legion trollbating:

"lola, you`re a moron, seriously and your avatar is kind of annoying. All you do is write random stuff here, no one cares.
I will bet you a dollar few people listned to the part where it was mentioned "I have a medical condition".

Also like it was mentioned most libraries like this are open to the public."

It also upsets me that dumaspere automatically assumes that all Americans think that this is justifiable. It`s not, and about half of us (maybe more, maybe less) will agree.

and as for j2moneyj2d2, why do you insist on giving cops a bad rep. Not all of them are like the rent-a-cops in this video. My uncle is a police detective and he denounces the use of physical force unless it is under extreme circumstances. He also doesn`t randomly pull people

0
Reply
Male 579
Really poor camera work, I think who ever shot this needs to have the tazer turned on him.
0
Reply
Male 2,306
This is an atrocity, the kid was over-reacting, but the cops were completely out of line. Doing that to a human being is unecessary, they should have picked him up and carried him out or something.
0
Reply
Male 102
Bravo Quedas! Summed it up beautifully. The Patriot Act, the with-us-or-against-us attitude, the disregard for personal freedom at all levels for the sake of some greater authoritarian good, really frightens a lot of non-Americans. Just like Quedas said, what is even scarier is that some people are in favour of infringement of civil liberties. Seems like they`re the ones who are bending over.
0
Reply
Female 368
talk about abuse of power...campus security? they think they`re cops? pitiful!
0
Reply
Male 163
I`m scared. I`m really scared. Bruneau, iAMzach, Zerocyde and Lolap.ussy, people like you really frighten me. That even one person thinks tasing someone for not getting up is acceptable behavior is for me the sign of something very rotten in our society. I prefer to believe that the fact that americans have been "cursed" with constant democracy, makes you not apreciate the importance of human rights. In Portugal we only have democracy since 1974 and lived under brutal dictatorship so maybe I understand a little bit more about the importance of personal freedoms, like not being met with brutal violence when you yourself are making a non-violent protest. The fact that you are still a minority still conforts me, but I truly cannot believe that you think acceptance of brutal and unwarranted violence is a matter of opinion. And on a personal note, Lola...whatever, it insults me that you think standing up for civil liberties is trollbaiting.
0
Reply
Female 63
Ok I finally finished reading this thread, and OK, he didn`t have a student ID.

But, on a more general scale, this guy just got tazered 4 times for being at a library. How ridiculous is that?

0
Reply
Female 63
I hate cops. Like him, if I`m not doing anything legally wrong, then I will not listen. I`m not about to listen to someone with less education and acts on quotas and assumptions. Needless to say, I`ve gotten in several verbal battles with cops harassing me me absolutely no reason. It`s fun because, for the most part they are stupid and have no decent response. I never get in trouble because they never have any initial reason to pul me over in the first place.

He was in a library, he wasn`t using anything that needed his card...I don`t even see why the cops were called.

You think they would stop after awhile, you can hella tell they were getting their jollies off torturing him.

0
Reply
Male 1,030
great camera work - NOT
0
Reply
Male 96
The guy got what he deserved. He was clearly a terrorist.
0
Reply
Male 20
drat the police!
i can`t believe how many lames there are on here..how could you be on the pigs` side?
0
Reply
Male 923
For everybody saying he should have just gotten up and left when he was told, you obviousley have never been in a situation where you have been in trouble over something you did not do, and the fact that you did nothing seems to go over the heads of the people giving you Hell. Perhaps he had a large asdignment due, or maybe he was studying, HELL, maybe he was writing an email to a girlfriend or significant other, it doesn`t matter. If I were in the right and they tried kicking me ou, I woud refuse too. How many taserings I would ake before I actually left however would depen on my pain tollerence:-p
0
Reply
Male 955
Well, what has been said is that he didn`t leave immediately, but was in the process of leaving when the cops got there and started the mess. If that was the case, why in the drat did they not just watch him leave and then at least confront him and ask him to leave, we see none of that just a lot of tasering.
0
Reply
Male 606
well mabey he should have not been an idiot and left the friken librar?
0
Reply
Female 48
The UCLA library requires that students present an ID after 11:00 PM. The subject of this video failed to present an ID, and then refused to leave the library when asked by campus police. The real cops were brought in to remove the man, presumably because he refused to leave on his own. The video begins as he starts to throw a fit about being escorted out, and gets tased. He is then subsequently tased another 4 times during the process of removing him from the library, something a lot of people feel is an excessive use of force.

-Fazed.net

0
Reply
Female 1,972
Legion, I agree the rent a cops were wholly in the wrong, but there are better ways to handle that situation. So many people get injured when they don`t think before they act. Now this young man is going to be known as the Tazer Guy on youtube...will his embarassment help right a wrong- no, and those police academy dropouts will still be kept in a position to do this again to someone else.
0
Reply
Male 173
The person who got tasered did not hurt or threaten anyone. The rent-a-cops threatened to taze people just for being there (With or without IDs)

I think that`s too much.

The campus-police tazered him multiple times, when merely letting him leave as he was doing would get him away from there.

Who here has tried to leave somewhere after being told to? If someone started pushing you, would you tell them not to? If the then shot you in hte arse with a tazer, would you scream? Or would you do what they say and stand up straight away and keep moving with the barbs deep in your flesh sending out 50,000 volts of pain?

0
Reply
Male 2,567
Zerocyde = fan of robocop :) am I wrong?
0
Reply
Male 2,567
Those cops are violent. You have plenty of cops there to help him get up after you tasered him when he was leaving.
0
Reply
Female 48
Calling the police seems like overkill, but it seems like the library staff asked him to leave and he didn`t (complete speculation on my part).

For the most part I don`t agree with tazers and stun guns. Sometimes they are necessary, but I think tazering someone once is ENOUGH. And making demands to someone who has just been tazered is lunacy.

0
Reply
Male 438
Ok but he didn`t and the cops responded in an overly brutal poorly judged manner.

He could have also teleported off campus but he didn`t.

There`s no IF`s here acronym boy, all I see is brutal cops.

The point is there is only one result here, we see it in the video and please stay on topic if you`re going to say anything lola.

0
Reply
Female 1,972
^Don`t bother responding to trollbaiting, Zerocyde...some folks just don`t understand opinions are like poopchutes- everybody is entitled to have or be one.
0
Reply
Male 3,255
"I will bet you a dollar few people listned to the part where it was mentioned "I have a medical condition".

Also like it was mentioned most libraries like this are open to the public." - Legion5

And? Dosent change the fact that the second he decided to quit being a fag and start listening to the cops the taserings would have stoped. Even if he decided this before the first tasering.

0
Reply
Male 438
Cool... where`s your law degree Jebler? I like how you make a determination on the legality of what is "rent a cop brutality".

This is a judgment call discussion and it was in poor judgment. 100+ students would agree.

0
Reply
Male 3,255
"if you are not ready for what it does you don`t get up right away." -neesnu

What part of that video did you see the cops expect him to get up RIGHT after being taserd? I heard about 100 "GET UPs!" between each of the idiot`s screams.

Do what the cops tell you, and they wont taser you. The fact that I, someone who dident even finish high school knows that, while he was in friggin collage means that he compleatly brought it on himself.

0
Reply
Male 1,142
i saw no brutality there i saw a bunch of kids who think freedom means that they are free to break the rules or laws one guy who needed to be tased and cops doing ther job. to people saying is was on the ground cause he couldnt stand up you can see him resisting them they try to pull him up
0
Reply
Male 438
lola, you`re a moron, seriously and your avatar is kind of annoying. All you do is write random stuff here, no one cares.

I will bet you a dollar few people listned to the part where it was mentioned "I have a medical condition".

Also like it was mentioned most libraries like this are open to the public.

0
Reply
Male 3,255
I honestly dont know what disgusts me more. The fact that so many pieces of poo think they can do /act whatever/however they want, when ever they want, and expect the entire legal system of the United States of America to bend over and let them. Or the fact that so many people get violently pissed and start screamin poo like; "i want ur dratin badge numbr lol!" when they don`t bend over and let it happen.
0
Reply
Male 3,255
What a bunch of pussy ass bitches. HOW ABOUT YOU JUST dratING DO WHAT THE dratING OFFICER TELLS YOU JACKASS?!?!?!? And these are COLLAGE KIDS?!?!? Thats it, im moving to a diffrent country, this place is f.u.b.a.r.

Can anyone here tell me why so many people thing that cops are drating judges? To many of us watched the movie judge dread too many times or something? It dosent matter how drating innocent someone is, its not the cops job to place blame. Its the cops job to; A) Get you away from other civilians. Then B) Get you in front of a judge.

This stupid little whiny ass pansy (and his supposed collage educated friends) keeps screaming "I\He dident do anything!" WHY THE drat ARE THEY TELLING THE COPS THIS???!? Tell the drating judge you were innocent, its not the cops job to determine that.

0
Reply
Female 1,972
If he was being harrased for not carrying ID- fine...go back to your dorm, get your ID- then file a complaint with the university- have fun with it. Acting a fool while others are trying to use the library is just silly- and gets you tazed on YouTube.
0
Reply
Male 34
Bruneau have you been hit with a taser...I have not but I have been hit with a stun gun as a joke by a friend, if you are not ready for what it does you don`t get up right away.
0
Reply
Male 173
They weren`t real police officers.

He had been tazered, You cant stand up.

Whilst carrying him away they tazered him in th arse.

This is really messed up, and I`m shocked that the rent-a-cops involved aren`t being arrested by real police.

0
Reply
Female 560
bruneau go stick a fork in a outlet then try to get up inmeddiatly will cops yelling at u
0
Reply
Female 458
Bruneau,
I`m sure he was lying on the ground writhing in pain because he didn`t want to listen to the officers saying "GET UP"
0
Reply
Male 606
i agree with Bruneau.
0
Reply
Male 34
I hate fliters Who the hell says poo...ant I meant did no one have any balls.......pooE
0
Reply
Male 34
I am at a loss...I respect Police Officers..I am friends with some where I live but still some one should have come forward and try to help that guy...poo did not one have any balls there!!!!
0
Reply
Female 50
Universitys are well within their rights to only allow students use of the facilities. And most public universities DO require a valid student ID to check out books and to use the computers.

I realize that this video did not capture the events that led up to his tasing, but all of the subsequent footage shows the officers giving ample warning before they acted. How many times does a cop have to tell you "get up or you will be tased again" before you get it?

Thank goodness for mob mentality. Damn kids.

0
Reply
Male 54
he has point there, that there, is your "oh-so-great" patriot act.
0
Reply
Male 606
thats absolutly stunning. i was shocked after i saw this. i cant belive how electrifying that was.
0
Reply
Female 606
WTH
0
Reply
Female 11
Link: UCLA Student Being Tased [Rate Link] - A camera phone captured a student being tased after he allegedly refused to leave library. Warnings: language, violence.
0
Reply