Rockin' in the free world since 2005.

[Total: 54    Average: 2.9/5]
121 Comments - View/Add
Hits: 12893
Rating: 2.9
Category:
Date: 06/07/06 02:10 AM

121 Responses to Self-mutilation Rampant in Colleges

  1. Profile photo of buddy
    buddy Male 30-39
    10116 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 2:19 am
    Link: Self-mutilation Rampant in Colleges - Lots of kids cutting themselves.
  2. Profile photo of luckyguy2086
    luckyguy2086 Male 18-29
    196 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 2:35 am
    The stress from being perfect all their lives has to be released somehow.
  3. Profile photo of nooneissane
    nooneissane Female 13-17
    17 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 2:38 am
    well...thats not the smartest thing to do...
  4. Profile photo of jerc
    jerc Male 18-29
    34 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 2:39 am
    damn emo kids
  5. Profile photo of Caughtnlies
    Caughtnlies Female 18-29
    51 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 2:59 am
    Eff you jerc.
    It`s not only emo kids, and it`s not something to joke about.
    My sister and best friend have been through things like this and it`s sad. Have you ever been close to someone, know that they are hurting on the inside and hurting themselves on the outside and not been able to do anything about it?
    It`s a sucky feeling.
    Think about things before you say them.
    -_-
  6. Profile photo of Spazmoto
    Spazmoto Male 18-29
    200 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 3:17 am
    Em0 losers.
  7. Profile photo of night_watch
    night_watch Male 18-29
    208 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 3:40 am
    I have to agree with the article, don`t know if SM is just becoming more popular, or the public is becoming more aware. My ex and a college friend of mine both did it.

    Can`t really give an opinion on it... never tried it, and never felt the need to. From what I know though, it seems to stem from something traumatic in childhood, a lot sexually

    meh... *shrug* Watch some Dr. Phil bitches!!!

  8. Profile photo of BeatleAddict
    BeatleAddict Female 13-17
    226 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 4:01 am
    *yawn* Emo is becoming way too common an insult, and it`s about as strong as a newborn kitten from overuse.

    Anyhow, they should know not to take all the idiots that insulted them in school seriously, or should find another way to deal with life.

  9. Profile photo of Osprey39
    Osprey39 Male 18-29
    1409 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 4:18 am
    Thankfully we don`t have this crap at Dartmouth.
  10. Profile photo of cruxshadows
    cruxshadows Female 18-29
    2144 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 4:21 am
    Haha All The Emos On IAM Are Getting Upset.
  11. Profile photo of skippy562
    skippy562 Male 18-29
    164 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 4:27 am
    how do you italic a sentence on here?
  12. Profile photo of S_J_W
    S_J_W Male 18-29
    1465 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 4:53 am
    I use to do that years ago… Thankfully I wised up and knocked that crap off. Oh, and before anyone assumes it, no I am not nor have I ever been a member of the Emo party. I was more Rockabilly than anything else… just extremely depressed.
  13. Profile photo of Tinkerbellio
    Tinkerbellio Female 18-29
    101 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 5:15 am
    Emo`s are eventually going to take over the world...


    *shuts door of bomb shelter*

  14. Profile photo of DragonCake
    DragonCake Female 13-17
    403 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 5:20 am
    who said their emos. i know " preps" and other sterotypes thast self mutilate.
  15. Profile photo of Emoscumcom
    Emoscumcom Male 18-29
    4 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 5:30 am
    Hahaha Yes! Good to see the comments littered with "Dam Emo`s"
  16. Profile photo of metter
    metter Male 13-17
    1016 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 6:06 am
    wow.......hmmmmm


    wierd

  17. Profile photo of metter
    metter Male 13-17
    1016 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 6:07 am
    heres an interview with a kid that did that

    www.selfcutter-interview.com

  18. Profile photo of metter
    metter Male 13-17
    1016 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 6:07 am
    wow.......hmmmmm


    wierd

  19. Profile photo of Jake-BackMT
    Jake-BackMT Male 18-29
    297 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 6:43 am
    you ignorant people crying "emo" have no clue in hell what your talking about. I went to a very good private school, and had friends confide in me that they would cut or burn themselves.

    Just make sure your more understanding should you find this out about people in your own life. It may surprise you how regular young people cope with things.

  20. Profile photo of xp
    xp Male 30-39
    523 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 7:20 am
    So? If people want to cut themselves why should we stop them? Fuqem. There are plently of other people in the world who are in pain that is not self inflicted. Help them first.
  21. Profile photo of 0verclock3d
    0verclock3d Male 13-17
    230 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 8:55 am
    You know what? If you feel you have such an emotionally traumatizing life that you need everyone to feel sorry for yourself by cutting yourself, then your not worth my time or pity. Thats whats wrong with today society. Nothing is ever their fault, and no one tries to actually fix their problems. Just whine.

    They can`t be too bad anyways, they are getting daddy to pay for Ivy League universities.

  22. Profile photo of headseed
    headseed Male 70 & Over
    370 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 9:13 am
    PEOPLE ARE F#CKED UP.
  23. Profile photo of Goldfishgal
    Goldfishgal Female 18-29
    426 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 9:35 am
    You guys need to cut it with the emo bullpoo.

    These are REAL kids with REAL problems.

    NOT drating little crybabies who just feel sorry for themselves and want attention. IT`S A WAY TO COPE.`

    You ARE NOT THEM. You don`t know the trigger, so lay off on the "OMG LEIK EEWWW EMO BABIES!!!!! WHY CAN`T THEY JUST BE HAPPEE!??!!"

    Do some research on it while you`re at it. Usually people who cut don`t tell anyone and if they do, it`s only because they realised they need to find a better way to cope with their feelings.

    As for the others who cut and go out and show everyone, yah, they just think it`s cool.

  24. Profile photo of Goldfishgal
    Goldfishgal Female 18-29
    426 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 9:36 am
    stupid censors
  25. Profile photo of satenya101
    satenya101 Female 18-29
    539 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 9:49 am
    People who self harm arent neccessarily EMO.. ffs.. it isnt only the `posh ivy league schools` loads and loads and loads of kids do it... its just unfortunate it was on that area they studied.... I agree with Goldfishgal ... its a way of coping.. not an attention seeking thing (well.. sometimes it is..) but.. for the people who do it is an ESCAPE...

    You people just dont know anything... You alway automatically think `emo` if they are `cutting themselves` or anything like that.. i find that pathetic. The End.

  26. Profile photo of EstiloPanama
    EstiloPanama Female 18-29
    2074 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 10:01 am
    Cutting is so stupid. These people just do it for the following reasons:

    1. It`s SO cool. And goth.
    2. It`s very emo! Wow, self sacrifice!
    3. Mainly...for attention. (Look at me...I`m suffering...boo hoo.)

    I know if you offered help to these people, or asked to take them to a psychologists, they sure as he|| would not take you up on your offer.

    Anyways, carry on with your bi.tchfest. =)

    Oh, and remember kids, adults, and ivy-league students...and even to the ones in low-middle class universities and high/middle schools. Just remember:

    "If you`re going to cut, go down the road, not across the street."

    ;)

  27. Profile photo of spitebaby
    spitebaby Female 13-17
    170 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 10:04 am
    HAHAHA... that`s EXACTLY like my school... one girl cut herself and all of a sudden EVERYONE cut themselves... that same girl said she was raped and 5 kids in her "posse" said they were raped... it was funny... some kids who do it actually have problems and other are just social climbers. In my school to be the stereotype of an outcast is cool... it`s so funny...
  28. Profile photo of spitebaby
    spitebaby Female 13-17
    170 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 10:05 am
    Maddox is awesome and should be given an award for being a god among men...
  29. Profile photo of TexGal24
    TexGal24 Female 18-29
    252 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 10:15 am
    What happened to good `ole fashioned drowning your sorrows with alcohol? Or hell, if you want to hurt yourself have a cigarette addiction. What`s with the cutting? Get a diary, a blog, or a shrink. Don`t understand...

  30. Profile photo of 0AmY0
    0AmY0 Female 18-29
    472 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 11:07 am
    Cutting=nonsense. Don`t understand, and don`t care to.
  31. Profile photo of hatemelater
    hatemelater Male 13-17
    63 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 11:16 am
    Cutting yourself shouldn`t be so rampant. People whine and cry "Oh, you don`t know people that cut themselves. You have no right or place to make fun of them." Yes, actually I do and I do.

    Cutting yourself is either the weakest form of coping or the strongest form of self pity. If you want a way to cope with something, talk about it. Get your mind off of it. Do something about it instead of sitting on your lazy ass crying about it.

    I`ve been through bouts of depression. Who hasn`t? What did I do about it? I fixed it. I helped myself instead of cutting myself or any other form of self mutilation.

    As for the ones cutting themselves, I hope the lot of them hit a major vein. Scare `em a bit.

  32. Profile photo of nikki1810
    nikki1810 Female 13-17
    29 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 11:35 am
    Amen hatemelater
  33. Profile photo of flingspoo
    flingspoo Female 18-29
    999 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 11:44 am
    i used to mess myself up quite a bit.
    Then i realized its much more fun to have someone else do it for you. ....S&M..... or he||, just get another piercing.
  34. Profile photo of B-Hazard
    B-Hazard Male 18-29
    2960 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 11:44 am
    Everyone shouting "Normal people cut themselves too, not just emo`s" should think about what they`re saying...

    You speak about how it`s wrong to judge people, to label them by an action, but you`re then turning around and saying they shouldn`t be labled emo because of what? they don`t dress or act overall like the stereotypical `emo`? isn`t that just labeling up another group of people, not because of they cut theirselves, but because of how they dress and act overall?

    That`s kind of hypocritical.

    *note* I`m hardly serious about that opinion. It`s just the guys that are just saying `emo` are only saying that and you guys are coming up with some actual points as to why these people can`t be called emo. I figured I`d at least throw a counter-argument out there.

  35. Profile photo of B-Hazard
    B-Hazard Male 18-29
    2960 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 11:45 am
    P.S.

    God damn emo`s.

  36. Profile photo of LochNess-Abz
    LochNess-Abz Female 13-17
    815 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 11:45 am
    People who cut themselves should be burned at the stake. Hatemelater you are totally right, i mean if you`re having drating problems then deal with it cutting urselves is making it worse its a total bunch of poo
  37. Profile photo of LochNess-Abz
    LochNess-Abz Female 13-17
    815 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 11:46 am
    -.-
    drating=Fu,cking
    poo=sh,it
  38. Profile photo of sugarhigh83
    sugarhigh83 Female 18-29
    1034 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 11:59 am
    what is this msnbc day?
  39. Profile photo of Lorah
    Lorah Female 18-29
    1784 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 12:05 pm
    maybe they do this because they cant talk to knoone, like the father is abusive, the mom is an drug addect. And you get beat up everyday at schoo, you have no friends, nobody listens to you, nobody cares to , you have no one to turn to, and nobody is going threw the same thing. Ever think of that? There all alone? It could very well be the reasions why. You cant always turn to ppl, and you guys proved it, alot of ppl are not understanding. Just like all off you on here. Ppl dont care, ppl are crule, ppl tell ppl to kill themselfs everyday, so they start to cut themselfs coz of all the threats they get to do it. If sum1 keeps tellig you to kill yourself and you have nobody, your evetually gonna break. Ppl deal with their problems differntly to, sum fight, sum drink, sum kill themselfs, and others just cut to take away the pain thats around them, they hate themselfs so much they feel as if they diserve to be in pain and cut themselfs. They feel as if that thats what they diserve. Its not
  40. Profile photo of Lorah
    Lorah Female 18-29
    1784 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 12:08 pm
    their fault, its not because there emos, it can be anybody, 13 year olds, 40 year old, gurls boys, preps, jocks, geeks, whomever. Camon guys dont be jerks and make it worse, dont be the lowlifes that make ppl wanna cut themselfs, be better then that, be sumthing for ppl can turn to when they need help, not the ones were ppl have to advoid and be hurt. Grow up and open your eyes, see that these ppl turly need help and that there is nobody to turn to, aka like you guys. Show respect, its ppl like you that make this world suck. Not the cuters. The cuters cut coz they have ppl like you in this world.
  41. Profile photo of Lorah
    Lorah Female 18-29
    1784 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 12:10 pm
    maybe they do this because they cant talk to knoone, like the father is abusive, the mom is an drug addect. And you get beat up everyday at schoo, you have no friends, nobody listens to you, nobody cares to , you have no one to turn to, and nobody is going threw the same thing. Ever think of that? There all alone? It could very well be the reasions why. You cant always turn to ppl, and you guys proved it, alot of ppl are not understanding. Just like all off you on here. Ppl dont care, ppl are crule, ppl tell ppl to kill themselfs everyday, so they start to cut themselfs coz of all the threats they get to do it. If sum1 keeps tellig you to kill yourself and you have nobody, your evetually gonna break. Ppl deal with their problems differntly to, sum fight, sum drink, sum kill themselfs, and others just cut to take away the pain thats around them, they hate themselfs so much they feel as if they diserve to be in pain and cut themselfs. They feel as if that thats what they diserve. Its not
  42. Profile photo of Lorah
    Lorah Female 18-29
    1784 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 12:10 pm
    opps sorry didnt mean to post that a seconed time
  43. Profile photo of HamFar
    HamFar Male 13-17
    429 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 12:18 pm
    i really dont care
  44. Profile photo of mostclever
    mostclever Female 30-39
    316 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 12:23 pm
    I love how everyone treats this issue like it`s some new phenomenon. Cutting to deal with life has been around longer than I have and who knows how long.

    The sad commentary on our society is that SOME kids are doing it because it`s the IN thing to do now. THOSE are the kids that need to be drop-kicked. Hard.

    And even though Lorah can`t seem to be able to spell or use periods, she does make some very valid points to those that just say "Deal with it. Everybody else has to".

  45. Profile photo of SammyFrank
    SammyFrank Male 18-29
    1030 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 12:47 pm
    we went from talking about "uni" to "college" in one day.. how refreshing..
  46. Profile photo of lilrebbitzen
    lilrebbitzen Female 13-17
    20 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 1:17 pm
    to EstiloPanama:

    For the ones who are doing it as part of the cool crowd (which is stupid), they aren`t going to go to a shrink. Some of the ones actually doing it to cope with pain, though, might actually WANT help. I`m the type of person that, if I were hurting myself, I`d be going to someone for help. Thank G-d (literally) I have several friends I can turn to when I`m depressed.
    To Lorah:
    Thanks for stating that. I was severly depressed at 15 and almost killed myself. I`m a lot better now, 2 years later. I still have depressed moments, but I have people I can talk to now that I trust. A lot of people don`t have that, as you pointed out. The kids I went to middle school with were total douche-bags. I couldn`t talk to them about anything. All of the other kids were only concerned about cheerleading tryouts and trying to get laid. I was just trying to survive. A lot of kids go through that.

  47. Profile photo of lilrebbitzen
    lilrebbitzen Female 13-17
    20 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 1:21 pm
    I only tryed self-injury once, with a straight pin. I just poked myself, and learned I didn`t want to do it again (it hurt.). I find other ways of coping with stress and depression (video games, talking to people about stuff, reading...)

    If people are doing it to be part of the cool crowd, the cool crowd should be shot. On sight. With shotguns.
    The cool crowd is SEVERELY over-rated. I find I`m happier being myself.

  48. Profile photo of Crotchodile
    Crotchodile Female 70 & Over
    142 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 1:26 pm
    I can`t believe the level of ignorance on this board. Well, I kinda expected it actually, since emo bashing is now the "in" thing to do. Does that make you any better than the "emos" themselves?
    These people have problems one way or another, and it isn`t up to you to decide whether it is a "serious" problem or not. If they`re doing it, then it IS a serious problem for THEM. Something that you can deal with, doesn`t mean the next person can.

    Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:15:48 AM
    What happened to good `ole fashioned drowning your sorrows with alcohol? Or hell, if you want to hurt yourself have a cigarette addiction. What`s with the cutting? Get a diary, a blog, or a shrink. Don`t understand...

    It`s funny you list two addictions, which relax you. Well, same as cutting yourself! It releases endorphines, which make you feel better. It can be somewhat like a drug. What is the difference really? Just cutting is more frowned upon our society than

  49. Profile photo of Crotchodile
    Crotchodile Female 70 & Over
    142 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 1:26 pm
    smoking and drinking.
  50. Profile photo of AVDPhoenix
    AVDPhoenix Male 30-39
    1522 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 1:39 pm
    Losers! Pathectic little bitches!
  51. Profile photo of AFTERSHOCK
    AFTERSHOCK Male 18-29
    2783 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 1:41 pm
    I`VE CUT MYSELF BY ACCIDENT...
  52. Profile photo of Lupine
    Lupine Female 13-17
    455 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 1:41 pm
    If people are doing it to be part of the cool crowd, the cool crowd should be shot. On sight. With shotguns.
    The cool crowd is SEVERELY over-rated. I find I`m happier being myself.

    I`m with shooting the cool crowd- people who cut themselves because they can`t cope have a mental disorder. (I`m not trying to be funny or sarcastic, it`s true) Depression is real and sometimes it can`t be `solved` by just `getting over it`. These people need HELP not bashing.

  53. Profile photo of contragirl
    contragirl Female 18-29
    90 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 1:54 pm
    So many seem to think that the people who partake in SM are doing it for attention, and granted there may be a few who do, but most that I have met (including myself, though it is something I got help for and no longer do) do not do it for the attention. It is done for the feeling it brings. It is an escape.
  54. Profile photo of Crotchodile
    Crotchodile Female 70 & Over
    142 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 1:55 pm
    There are some kids who will do it to try and fit in, but not everyone who cuts theirselves should be judged the same. A lot of people on this board a guilty of doing such. Calling these college students "emo" is just ignorant. I`m sure these college students are too old to be into the "emo" scene.
  55. Profile photo of Goldfishgal
    Goldfishgal Female 18-29
    426 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 2:14 pm
    Why does nobody listen to those with COMMON SENSE??

    Ignorant, narrow-minded, morons..

    Ever heard of decreased seretonin release?

    Some people just can`t help but be sad, and they don`t know why. So it`s not their fault.

  56. Profile photo of The_Frogg
    The_Frogg Male 18-29
    619 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 2:16 pm
    i`m not joking about emo`s they need to stop! They need to do something with their lives and stop bitching about how no one likes them. THey need to open thier eyes and see WHY no one likes them, BECAUSE THIER FRIGGEN CUTTING THEMSELFVS!!


    Ever wonder if they`ll start using the word `emo`

  57. Profile photo of ClockXWork
    ClockXWork Female 13-17
    6 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 2:22 pm
    *sighs*
    These people are surely behind the times...Just shows how much attention they pay to the world around them.
    Though I`ve realized that this "problem," is more a trend now.
    Sure some actually have issues and problems. But most are using it as attention (believe me I know quite a few of them) It still shouldn`t be taken lightly. You can`t just shrug it off and go "Oh, it`s nothing." Because then the next time you`ll find them dead in their own pool of blood because they went too deep without knowing.

    (But that`s just my opinion so back off with the flaming.)

    And people with the Emo comments.
    Please, are we still stuck in the past?
    Grow up :)
    It would make this place a whole lot better. I`m sure of it.

  58. Profile photo of randomfish
    randomfish Male 13-17
    62 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 3:00 pm
    Wednesday, June 07, 2006 2:16:51 PM
    i`m not joking about emo`s they need to stop! They need to do something with their lives and stop bitching about how no one likes them. THey need to open thier eyes and see WHY no one likes them, BECAUSE THIER FRIGGEN CUTTING THEMSELFVS!!

    Ever wonder if they`ll start using the word `emo`

    Thats completely wrong, the reason they cut themselves is because of people like you making there lifes suck, with your b*tching about it to them. For all you know they could of been raped, they could have serios problems at home, and there beaten up evryday at school because of this.

  59. Profile photo of kakophony
    kakophony Male 18-29
    122 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 3:17 pm
    Freaking emo losers.
  60. Profile photo of SassySweet05
    SassySweet05 Female 18-29
    221 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 3:37 pm
    ^^ My freaking gosh, are you doing that just to make the people on this board mad? I personally know the two types of cutters, the depressed and the "I-think-its-cool-but-its-just-lame" cutters. The "cool" cutters, are fun to be around, when they aren`t cutting, but being around the depressed people, makes you wonder, what goes on in their head? I`m kinda split on what to type here, cause, the "emo" thing is worn out, and the "kids cut themselves because of people like you" arguement is wearing me out, and I don`t think anybody NEEDS to cut themself. They might wanna, but cutting is an addiction, like ciggies or booze. Some of these people are in need of serious help (i`m not being sarcastic), and some just need to stop being "cool" and get over themselves. Since when is bleeding and scars and pain "cool"?

    I`m just waiting for the flames.

  61. Profile photo of lilrebbitzen
    lilrebbitzen Female 13-17
    20 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 3:48 pm
    SassySweet is right. Anyone who`s vutting as a release needs professional counseling. If you`re doing it as part of the cool crowd, you`re stupid.

    "Since when is bleeding and scars and pain "cool"?"

    That`s what I was wondering. I wonder if they`re just mocking the people who are seriously huring inside?

    Heck, these days I wonder why ANYTHING can be declared "cool". I`m 17, and I can`t help but look at other kids my age and wonder "wtheck?" Maybe it`s because I had my share of dealing with that crap in Middle school and no longer care for a bunch of the stuff normal teenagers do...

  62. Profile photo of misscutieroo
    misscutieroo Female 18-29
    1944 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 4:06 pm
    what no pictures???
  63. Profile photo of OctobeR_God
    OctobeR_God Female 18-29
    223 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 4:20 pm
    Emo Gollege!
  64. Profile photo of Dark_Dragon
    Dark_Dragon Female 13-17
    117 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 4:22 pm
    Oh my. Now, those of you shouting `OMG. You called them emo! How CLOSE-MINDED!` You`re as bad as they are.

    Now, I know everyone wants to believe that there are reason, and what not, but alot of the time it`s for attention. Most depressed people don`t really want to die, they just want help. Some people just want to be `cool`. At any rate, it`s still for attention. But just because it`s for attention doesn`t mean it should be ignored. Because they NEED help.

    This isn`t a clear-cut issue. They`re not all wanting to be `cool` and they`re not all dying inside.

    And sometimes it`s a bit of both.

  65. Profile photo of GypsyCassie
    GypsyCassie Female 18-29
    880 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 4:27 pm
    Yeah, well, Im usually a pretty sympathetic person, but this is one issue that I just think is ridiculous. If somebody is that weak that they have to turn to hurting themselves because they cant handle thier own problems, than I say, let them...
  66. Profile photo of TexGal24
    TexGal24 Female 18-29
    252 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 4:28 pm
    This forum makes me want to cut myself.
  67. Profile photo of mostclever
    mostclever Female 30-39
    316 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 4:28 pm
    ^"clear-cut" ha
  68. Profile photo of Eva_unit01
    Eva_unit01 Male 13-17
    114 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 4:52 pm
    One of my freinds told me that at the junior high I went to, one of the 8th graders this years were cutting themselfs, then one cut their wrist too deep. I kind of had to laugh at what a stupid fad this has become.
  69. Profile photo of firebird37
    firebird37 Female 13-17
    329 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 4:52 pm
    you know, alot of people who sm actually need help, and they need to not be laughed at and ridicculed. It`s not only that many of them are depressed, but so many people HATE themselves, and think they deserve the pain-they`re trying to punish themselves.
  70. Profile photo of GypsyCassie
    GypsyCassie Female 18-29
    880 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 4:53 pm
    ^ See, now if somebody would`ve explained it that way to me, I may have felt different, good job.
  71. Profile photo of Honeybaby626
    Honeybaby626 Female 13-17
    163 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 5:25 pm
    *sigh* wow. this whole "cutting" buisness has been around for a long time. people that cut for attention piss me off. its the people that cut and hid thier cuts that are really suicidal.
  72. Profile photo of Honeybaby626
    Honeybaby626 Female 13-17
    163 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 5:28 pm
    "you know, alot of people who sm actually need help, and they need to not be laughed at and ridicculed. It`s not only that many of them are depressed, but so many people HATE themselves, and think they deserve the pain-they`re trying to punish themselves."


    that is a wonderful point.

  73. Profile photo of shizzaster
    shizzaster Male 13-17
    1866 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 6:09 pm
    NOW they catch on.
    stupid adults...
  74. Profile photo of shizzaster
    shizzaster Male 13-17
    1866 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 6:10 pm
    btw, i think those kids and princeton are too smart, even though they have pressure, this is just another way for them to mess with our heads!
    CONSPIRACY
  75. Profile photo of ImNoGod
    ImNoGod Male 18-29
    1149 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 6:37 pm
    Let the idiots cut themselfs. May there blood run dry....
  76. Profile photo of tonesontail
    tonesontail Female 13-17
    55 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 6:53 pm
    Cutting yourself is pretty common...for kids hitting puberty. But in college? Grow up.
  77. Profile photo of B-Hazard
    B-Hazard Male 18-29
    2960 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 7:08 pm
    RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!
  78. Profile photo of nondescripti
    nondescripti Male 18-29
    40 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 7:36 pm
    Jesus, you`d think by the time you get to college you can grow out of your emo phase.
  79. Profile photo of jjcruiser13
    jjcruiser13 Female 18-29
    706 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 7:57 pm
    Cutting is what SOME kids do for attention. And for those people, they suck.
    But the ones that do it because they`re truly trying to feel better, don`t call them so pathetic. What about the people who drown their sorrows in alcohol, eating disorders and drugs?
    It`s all the same. It`s a way to try to feel better.
    Depression isn`t something that you can just snap out of.
    But then again it`s not like most of you would understand, because you`d rather just make a quick judgement and act like you`re a damn trained psychologist or something.
  80. Profile photo of Skooshy
    Skooshy Female 13-17
    75 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 8:11 pm
    They do that all the time at my school (I am in Middle School). They say it`s because of all the stress they`re under. But really, it`s nothing compared to what college students and adults have to face. Plus they bring it upon themselves. And when you ask them why they do it, they tell you it is because of their boy/girlfriend. And some of them cut themselves because their friends do it.
    Psh.
  81. Profile photo of Skooshy
    Skooshy Female 13-17
    75 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 8:12 pm
    But I do feel bad for those college people. :(
  82. Profile photo of violingirl77
    violingirl77 Female 13-17
    1426 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 8:28 pm
    How is that a "disturbing phenomenon"? What`s wrong with cutting yourself?

    Go ahead. Make fun of me.

  83. Profile photo of violingirl77
    violingirl77 Female 13-17
    1426 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 8:28 pm
    oh and btw, i dont actually want people to know. i dont want attention. i dont want to tell anyone. i dont need help. ok?
  84. Profile photo of Lorah
    Lorah Female 18-29
    1784 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 8:45 pm
    I am so glad that you stoped cutting yourself lilrebbitzen. Just keep being strong. :)
  85. Profile photo of discordany
    discordany Female 13-17
    84 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 9:15 pm
    You know what estilo? F*ck you.

    Sure, there are people who do it for attention. Can`t stop that. But MOST of them do not. And many of them are not EMO or GOTH.
    And you know what, if someone actually offered, and really truley cared, to take a cutter to a psychologist, they may just say es. I, for one, have offered it to about 5 people, and 4 of them took me up on that offer and are BETTER.

    Anyways, what I really want to say is: F*CK YOU..... This is a serious issues and insesitive comments like that last bit you said are NOT f*cking needed

  86. Profile photo of discordany
    discordany Female 13-17
    84 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 9:17 pm
    hatemelater, would you really want them to hit a major vein if they were someone yoy knew? Ive had friends hit that major vein..... trust me... it`s hell.
    Thankfully, their doctors were able to restart their heart.....
  87. Profile photo of mezzy-spoon
    mezzy-spoon Male 13-17
    31 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 9:37 pm
    OMG! I`ve had problems, but I dont fl_lcking cut!!!!!!!! At school, I have no friends, everyone hates me(proven fact), but do I cut myself? NO! I just hang around the friends that I have. I also do a lot of poo, totally pissing off teachers, graff, poo like that, but I don`t hurt MYSELF! Why not just hurt the person who pissed you off?
  88. Profile photo of mezzy-spoon
    mezzy-spoon Male 13-17
    31 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 9:38 pm
    Fl_lcking swear filters.
  89. Profile photo of discordany
    discordany Female 13-17
    84 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 9:39 pm
    Because sometimes there isnt a specific person to blame it on.

    Oh, by the way, if you have no friends and everyone hates you, how do you hang out with the friends that you have? I thought you had none?

    Good for you for not cutting.... some people can`t manage that, however, and they need help, not someone saying "well ive been through all of that and I dont cut" That`s just bound to make them feel even more worthless, which probably isnt the right course of action.....

  90. Profile photo of hatemelater
    hatemelater Male 13-17
    63 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 10:05 pm
    Discordany, can I ask you a question? (besides that one)

    Did she do it again? If the answer is no, my comment stays as is. If the answer is yes, then she should have cut deeper.

  91. Profile photo of Goldfishgal
    Goldfishgal Female 18-29
    426 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 10:09 pm
    WHY DON`T YOU PEOPLE READ????????

    SOME DO IT FOR ATTENTION, YES. BUT OTHERS DO NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    They do it because THAT IS THEIR COPING METHOD.

    And you know what? When they TRY and explain why they are sad and not feeling good and WHY THEY CUT, they most likely get the same responces you people give "OMG! EMO!" "Freaks" "STUPID CUTTING MORONS!"

    Makes me want to cut just thinking about how mean some people can be.

  92. Profile photo of discordany
    discordany Female 13-17
    84 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 10:11 pm
    Depends on which situation your talking about.... after her heart stopped? yeah she did.
    After she went for help? No.


    And f*ck you, you disgusting little prick. You have absolutely no f*ucking right to play god and decide who deserves to live and who deserves to die. You have absoluetly no f*ucking right ot tell me that my sister deserves to be dead right now becase she`s had a horrible past. You know what, not a lot of people could even have gone through a lot of the shi(t she`s been through... they`ve f(ucking told me that.... so you can shove it up your ass.

  93. Profile photo of hatemelater
    hatemelater Male 13-17
    63 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 10:24 pm
    The man who loses his temper, loses the debate. -Chinese Proverb

    Discordany, I`m not trying to play God. I know people that have horrible pasts.

    For example, I know a guy who had an abusive father. He was dumped on the downtown streets as a kid and told to find his way home. He was constantly beaten. He had to dig through dumpsters to find clothes for himself. HE had a hard life. Did he cut himself? No. He pulled himself up by his boot straps and got his life where it should be. Everyone has the potential to go one way or the other.

    One CHOOSES to cut or not. One could choose to be weak and cut, or one could choose to look past that and have self respect.

  94. Profile photo of discordany
    discordany Female 13-17
    84 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 10:35 pm
    Ok, so I purposely DIDNT say what her past was so that someone wouldn`t come here and be like `yeah well ive had a worse one`, but screw it:

    Her aunt killed herself. Her boyfriend killed himself in front of her. Another boyfriends cheated on her (ok, big deal, i know, but it added to everything else). Another guy pushed into her house and raped her. He then proceeded to stalk her. Another boyfriend was abusive. Many of her friends are suicidal. Oh yeah, and she`s dying.

    You say that she can choose to look past it and have some self respect? Sure. But admit this: Its DAMN hard to look past tat, and even if she could, she may not be able to have any self respect because people have STOLEN THAT FROM HER>

    You`re not trying to play god? Really? Fine, whatever float your boat. You still ahve no right to tell ANYBODY who deserves to live and who deserves to die.

  95. Profile photo of hatemelater
    hatemelater Male 13-17
    63 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 10:54 pm
    The cases change from person to person, but the way they choose to cope with it defines who they are.

    With all of that happening and all of the possible choices, why would she choose to cut herself? As previously stated, it`s either the weakest form of "coping" or the strongest form of self-pity.

    To turn her experiences into a competition is not only disgusting, but it shows that you have just as much respect for her as she did for herself.

    Congratulations.

  96. Profile photo of unbelievable
    unbelievable Male 18-29
    1154 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 10:58 pm
    "You guys need to cut it with the emo bullpoo."
    Zing! ^pg1

    Cutting is gay. and if you cut so are you

  97. Profile photo of discordany
    discordany Female 13-17
    84 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 11:06 pm
    Listen buddy, Im not trying to turn them into a competition. In case you cant read, I said that that was the reason I previously DIDNT post her experiences.
    IIn case your wondering why I posted them, it`s because you said (and I quote): "HE had a hard life", as if she didnt. Im not saying hers is worse, no, that wasnt my point. My point is that more than one person can have a ahrd life, and just because he could cope, doesnt mean that she could.
    Sure, maybe it was self pity. I can honestly say that I would pity myself in her position. Maybe it was a weak way of coping; but with all the poo going on in her life, maybe it was the first thing she thought of.
    Why did she turn to it? Because she wanted to die, plain and simple. And after that, she was addicted. After all she had seen that life had in store for her, she wanted out.
  98. Profile photo of discordany
    discordany Female 13-17
    84 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 11:06 pm
    One more thing: Don`t ever suggest that I dont respect her. I have more respect for her than anyone else in this world. Why? Because, although you may not believe it, she`s the strongest person that I know. She went through all of that, she`s been through hell and back, and she still managed to get better, and she`s still here today, happy, no longer clinically depressed, and she DOES respect herself. If I didnt respect her, I would never have stuck around to see that happen. If I didnt respect her, I wouldnt consider her a sister.
    Sure the way the person chooses to cope with it defines who they are. But you know what, just because they choose to cope with it in that way DOES NOT MAKE THEM A BAD PERSON, an undeserving person, or anything of the sort. They are just as deserving of life as anybody else; THEY just havent realized it yet, and people like you arent helping.
  99. Profile photo of hatemelater
    hatemelater Male 13-17
    63 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 11:23 pm
    Competition or not, you`ve turned her experiences into a bullet for an internet debate.

    All I`m saying is that I find it a good bit easier to respect someone for taking the hard road and doing things the right way. My apologies for suggesting that you don`t respect your sister, but if the shoes fit...

    Either way, it`s been nice. G`bye.

  100. Profile photo of Goldfishgal
    Goldfishgal Female 18-29
    426 posts
    June 7, 2006 at 11:50 pm
    "Cutting is gay. and if you cut so are you"

    F u c k you.

  101. Profile photo of B-Hazard
    B-Hazard Male 18-29
    2960 posts
    June 8, 2006 at 12:06 am
    what an....appropriate picture, goldfishgal.
  102. Profile photo of PixieGal06
    PixieGal06 Female 18-29
    54 posts
    June 8, 2006 at 12:19 am
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!You emo-bashers are hilarious!!Thanks for the laughs and all the fresh new jokes you cutters...."keep On Cuttin`"
    Death to all Emos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  103. Profile photo of cannibal151
    cannibal151 Male 18-29
    1551 posts
    June 8, 2006 at 12:23 am
    Bleed for the devil
  104. Profile photo of PixieGal06
    PixieGal06 Female 18-29
    54 posts
    June 8, 2006 at 12:28 am
    ^^^LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
  105. Profile photo of mezzy-spoon
    mezzy-spoon Male 13-17
    31 posts
    June 8, 2006 at 12:43 am
    Because sometimes there isnt a specific person to blame it on.
    True, but I`m saying that if someone hurts you, your responce is ti hurt you?
    Oh, by the way, if you have no friends and everyone hates you, how do you hang out with the friends that you have? I thought you had none?
    Well, I didn`t LITTERALLY mean none, I have four genuine friends(yes, I counted), a lot of people that claim to be my friend(fl_lckin BS`ers), the rest of the school hates me (I know this for a fact, people have told me to my face that most everyone hates me).
    Good for you for not cutting.... some people can`t manage that, however, and they need help, not someone saying "well ive been through all of that and I dont cut" That`s just bound to make them feel even more worthless, which probably isnt the right course of action.....
    True, but I`m also saying that there is always SOMETHING to confide in (music, the select few that will help
  106. Profile photo of S_J_W
    S_J_W Male 18-29
    1465 posts
    June 8, 2006 at 12:59 am
    Wow, all this useless aggression towards people who at one point or another decided to harm themselves. While I do agree that there are those who do it for attention, there are those (like myself) who never let anyone know. My family has no idea I went through it, only one friend has ever found out and my current girlfriend knows simply because I had no other excuse for the scars. The only reason I admitted to it here was to give the perspective of someone who has dealt with this kind of thing. My reasons for it (and there are no good reasons) was that I felt emotionally dead. The entire time I didn’t feel the pain of the cutting. After I got help, that all changed. I had one relapse and the moment I drew blood I felt pain and I knew that I would never do it again. I suppose the negativity is the common reaction that you see when people find something they don’t understand.
  107. Profile photo of jerc
    jerc Male 18-29
    34 posts
    June 8, 2006 at 1:59 am
    Kids that cut themselves are extremely stupid. Everyone has problems and we all have to get through them. Just because you`re depressed and have some problems doesn`t mean you should harm yourself. Why cut? Some of you might say that it`s a way of escaping. I think it`s a pathetic excuse not to face your problems. Come on, do these people think they have it that bad in life? People in Africa are starving for crying out loud. If you have a problem, face it. It`s what everybody does. Cutting yourself is one of the most idiotic things you can ever do. A normal person would not think about harming themselves because it is a sign of insanity. The human body will try to preserve itself and keep itself from harm. self inflicting the pain is a sign of insanity. Come on just face your problems like we all do.

    And I said "Damn emo kids" because I was too lazy to explain it.

    Cutting yourself is stupid so don`t do it.

  108. Profile photo of laurendo10
    laurendo10 Female 18-29
    9 posts
    June 8, 2006 at 10:44 am
    This is a difficult issue. I have to say I am a bit of a sceptic. My father was an alcoholic, and depressed, and he would self harm on a number of occasions. These weren`t suicide attempts, but did often result in a need for stitches. He now has burn marks (from cigarettes) and long, purple, raised scars up his arms and legs, still, despite it happening around 3 years ago. To me, this is true self harm, an expressing of feelings of anger or sadness that are of such depth it is the only way you can do it. On the other hand, I know plenty of goth, emo (AND OTHER TYPES) of people within my high school who ALL do these short little scratches up their wrists and COMPARE them, that, to me, is either attention seeking or simply trying to make themselves out to be deeper then they are. Considering this is a college, I`d say these cases are of the latter example.
  109. Profile photo of Goldfishgal
    Goldfishgal Female 18-29
    426 posts
    June 8, 2006 at 12:34 pm
    "what an....appropriate picture, goldfishgal"

    ;-)

  110. Profile photo of SammyFrank
    SammyFrank Male 18-29
    1030 posts
    June 8, 2006 at 12:45 pm
    I find it hard to beleive that some people really try to have serious conversations on these boards...
  111. Profile photo of TexGal24
    TexGal24 Female 18-29
    252 posts
    June 8, 2006 at 3:24 pm

  112. Profile photo of jjcruiser13
    jjcruiser13 Female 18-29
    706 posts
    June 8, 2006 at 3:29 pm
    ^^^ LMFAO!
    I agree. Everyone needs to not having their f*cking opinions on here.
  113. Profile photo of Enohead
    Enohead Male 40-49
    1587 posts
    June 9, 2006 at 10:30 am
    "Everyone needs to not having their opinions on here"?
    Wha...??
    That ain`t not making no sense.
  114. Profile photo of reb0rn4never
    reb0rn4never Male 18-29
    555 posts
    June 11, 2006 at 2:46 pm
    Just take the pain away with drugs it`s that easy. No mess, no pain.
  115. Profile photo of Baphomet73
    Baphomet73 Male 30-39
    198 posts
    June 11, 2006 at 6:59 pm
    TexGal, that was AWESOME!!!
  116. Profile photo of _CRYN_OUT_
    _CRYN_OUT_ Female 18-29
    411 posts
    June 15, 2006 at 10:56 pm
    I`m not so weird after all!
  117. Profile photo of _CRYN_OUT_
    _CRYN_OUT_ Female 18-29
    411 posts
    June 15, 2006 at 11:04 pm
    On 6/15/2006 11:03:19 PM jenahsea wrote: cryn out who are you talkingg to? in the good why not rude :-P

    I`m talking about myself because I used to cut sometimes.

  118. Profile photo of _CRYN_OUT_
    _CRYN_OUT_ Female 18-29
    411 posts
    June 15, 2006 at 11:14 pm
    On 6/15/2006 11:08:49 PM jenahsea wrote: how old were you?

    The first time I ever did it I was 19. I haven`t done it since I was 23...last year.

  119. Profile photo of _CRYN_OUT_
    _CRYN_OUT_ Female 18-29
    411 posts
    June 15, 2006 at 11:17 pm
    On 6/15/2006 11:16:46 PM jenahsea wrote: really i did it a couple weeks ago and im ten

    That`s too bad. Why are you on this site though if you`re 10?

  120. Profile photo of _CRYN_OUT_
    _CRYN_OUT_ Female 18-29
    411 posts
    June 16, 2006 at 3:30 pm
    On 6/15/2006 11:41:43 PM jenahsea wrote: hey is anybody there?

    Chat in newbies or journals...stop trying to spam up the links forum, thanks.

  121. Profile photo of _CRYN_OUT_
    _CRYN_OUT_ Female 18-29
    411 posts
    June 19, 2006 at 10:26 pm
    On 6/19/2006 10:21:56 PM jenahsea wrote: hi is any1 there ????????

    Shut up, c*nt!

Leave a Reply