Kid with amazing guitar skills

Submitted by: cheeseboy 11 years ago in Entertainment

This guy is nuts.
There are 189 comments:
Male 12
This is Jerry C!!! He is not fake and if people are gonna say retarded stuff like "OMG THERES DRUMS" Thank you we realize that there is a noise that is playing to. Jerry C is amazing look for Canon Rock by him this is a profession (Korean I think) guitarist.
0
Reply
Male 400
it was pretty ok
but look kinda fake
0
Reply
Male 146
...
0
Reply
Male 437
what the... thats not a kid!!!!!! thats a wierd skinny-faced guy or girl or alien but that isnt a kid!!!
0
Reply
Male 125
this is fake
watch his left hand...hes playing along with a song and misses the bends...he does them about 4 notes later...and its not the feed of the video thats lagging...any other guitarist could see that
0
Reply
Male 26
Meh. This sounds fake. But then again, this video isn`t exactly in sync with the music. This song is too "fast" for my taste, anyway.
0
Reply
Female 190
Smooth
Wish I had enough motivation to actually practice the piano.
0
Reply
Male 2
0
Reply
Male 2
He is very good but check this out :-

http://www.siliconeswamp.co.uk/video/canon.wmv

Much cleaner technique and interpretation IMO :)

0
Reply
Female 193
Oh leave him alone. The point isn`t what he looks like, you guys are so freakin` stupid. Well, I thought he was good. And it didn`t look fake at all. You people are just jealous :P
0
Reply
Male 34
just for the record my friend David can outplay Hendrix
0
Reply
Male 34
For all of low level B*ASTARDS talking about soul and music go F*CK yourselves!I am a musician and most of you people know nothing of soul in music so F*CK off!
0
Reply
Male 1,385
jealousblues wrote "blah, you dont really play WITH your teeth." clearly you haven`t seen ozzy osbourne live in budikan where zak plays with his teeth during a really long solo
0
Reply
Male 213
[quote]On 4/14/2006 1:12:40 PM ruexperinced wrote: you said it, its th same with all these metal/shred things, no feeling[/quote]


Neither does mustang sally or margarittaville but I dont see anyone bitchign about those constantly.

0
Reply
Male 213
[quote]On 4/14/2006 7:19:51 AM beternal wrote: when he can play it upside down, with his teeth, with his left hand and behind his head like j.hendrix, then i`ll be impressed...[/quote]

blah, you dont really play WITH your teeth.

0
Reply
Female 408
ooh, it`s the guy who did canon rock!
He is so cool. I can play bass a little bit, but he`s just...phenomenal. (And I know it`s a guitar not a bass)
0
Reply
Male 1,866
i dont think its fake.... its pretty sweet if you ask me
0
Reply
Male 32
leave it to asians to ruin the art of guitar

sloppy missed notes and a repetative song that lost my interest i nabout 5 seconds

and the worst part is people think this guy is sweet when he probobly can`t play a g chord for the drating life of him

my suggestion...remove all gutiars from the entire continent of asia so they won`t completely ruin music for the rest of the world

0
Reply
Male 1
This kid is good...
0
Reply
Female 10
he seemed like he woz actuallu playing it but you can neva b sure!i agree with you guys though he has one seriously bad hairdo and i seen better giutar players, all in all theres 3mins and 25secs of my life gone on a clumsy guitar player with a hairdo from which generation i have no idea!x-(
0
Reply
Female 49
he is too not nuts!!
0
Reply
Female 12
i think he did great all i can say is wow and can i have some lessons?
0
Reply
Male 377
It sounds sloppy.
0
Reply
Male 43
Ok seriously, it`s hard to tell whether he is playing or not with the background music so loud (drums, etc.).
Second of all, what he is playing doesn`t even sound that cool if you ignore the distortion.
That heavy metal distortion kicks ass, but without it, what he is playing probably sounds like crap.
0
Reply
Female 10
ok just bcuz hes better than sum of u ppl doesnt mean u can say that its fake...its called practice...and alot of it...i bet anybody could do that if they actually tried...i thought it sounded pretty good too..
0
Reply
Male 1
8 out of 10 poeple on this board dont know what they`re talking about. Yes, it is real. Yes, this guy has skills. Sure it isnt the greatest song, but for a crappy song he plays it well. try listening to canon by jerry c, its a much better performance.
0
Reply
Male 1,385
nice finger work and good effort, but there is quite a few bum notes and the picking could be alot cleaner, the notes need to be very defined in sweeping apegios otherwise you sound like an ordinary hack and nothing like Yngwie Malmsteen, Nuno Bettencourt, Steve Vai or Joe Satriani. Sorry to be so brutal, but keep up the good work and he will get there
0
Reply
Female 152
Is anyone surprised that he`s asian?

didn`t think so.

0
Reply
Male 65
Meh, he`s alright. Sweeps and tremelo picking doesn`t hold my attention for more then a minute usually. Triad sweeps are boring as hell as it is. Then when he does shred he doesn`t do anything very awe inspiring, just trem picks.
0
Reply
Female 2
My boyfriend`s 18 and goes to school for jazz. I`m almost certain he can do that, but not as sloppy.
0
Reply
Male 1,079
...
0
Reply
Male 276
Not fake. The sound is inputting directly to the recording, and thats mucho rehearsals, I can play quite a lot of that style, he`s got some pretty drating badass sweeping going on there though, have to try that.
0
Reply
Male 33
and who the F-__-UCK is called jerry C?!?!?!
0
Reply
Male 33
he sucks, every real guitarist knows that first the film is sped up and second he problaly looked up the tab and did it extremly slow cause he sucks so bad, then he recorded sped it up and inserted the riff that i can probaly find online in three seconds, just goes to show ya asains suck at guitar but they rock at electronics =D
0
Reply
Male 1,866
wow, i don`t play the guitar so to my ears that was good.
sorry i forget but who was that amazing guitarist that used to play like one guitar but made it sound like 2? slipped my mind but THAT guy had skills!

and i think this sounds more impressive than it is because of the electric guitar.
do this on acoustics and it isn`t good.
but i don`t play guitar so don`t take me seriously...

0
Reply
Female 1,025
how boring.
0
Reply
Male 1,586
alexguest - you completely missed my sarcasm. I was trying to point out the ridiculousness of people who say we aren`t allowed to have the opinion that something is not that great when we can`t do it ourselves. I was slagging all the idiots who are saying, "when you can do better than this guy, you can say he`s crap."
Which is bull. I can say that someone is crap regardless of whether I can do what they do or not.
So - you missed the sarcasm of my comment, which is forgivable. But let`s lighten up on the nazi stuff. I mean, it`s a post about some kid playing guitar, for crying out loud
0
Reply
Female 363
"Definately not fake. The kid playing is asian, and everyone knows asians are crazy at guitar"

Wow, that`s pretty steryotypical. >>;
I think he`s good and his mom should be proud. :P

0
Reply
Male 108
Sorry `bout that.
0
Reply
Male 108
Also Enohead, your telling me that I can`t critisize someone if I think he/she/it is complete bol***s? I don`t like Britney Spears. Her songs are not nice. I don`t really like her singing voice and dancing is something else. That is an opinion. I think Britney Spears is a bad singer. Period.
0
Reply
Male 108
I know for sure that comments after the fourth page arent read, but that can be achieved by sitting your but down and really practising a gazz-billion times. I play the keyboars and piano and it`s really easy to learn something mechanically. I`d like to see if he can play a NEW piece one hundred times worse than he played that piece. I`m not going to say hes got great talent. I`m going to say he a) is really f***ing pushed by his parents, or b) has a really strong enough will-power to practise 43 million times a day.

Oh and Enohead, lord or lady of "I usually say silly stuff" , why do you say that we can`t say that Britney Spears is crap until we are as good/better than her? So does the same principle apply to reverse things? Say...Hitler? No, we can`t say Hitler is bad until we are as bad as him. The same example goes for all the high Nazis that survived the war. They were TRIED FOR WAR CRIMES. Yeah, we TOLD THEM THEY WERE MEAN BASTARDS and WE LOPPED THEIR HEADS OFF.

0
Reply
Male 285
well no wonder he`s so good. he`s asian.
0
Reply
Male 187
and the guy who sed shredding is all hammer ons and pullofs is a complete retard who obviously does not play the guitar wat hes doing is sweep picking and thats when u run the pick from the top string to the bottom with an arpeggio so it looks like hes not picking much
0
Reply
Male 187
cool, but sloppy shredding
0
Reply
Male 51
STILL PHOTOSHOPPED!!!!!111!!!1!!!!1ONE
0
Reply
Male 1,586
All you people can`t say Britney Spears is lame until you can sing and dance as good as her. You have to say she`s awesome, unless you can do exactly what she does.
That`s some great logic.
0
Reply
Male 87
I`m going to be saying everything is photoshopped, so get used to it.
0
Reply
Male 23
I`m not even going to bother reading every single post on here cuz if half of you even knew what a sweep was then you would be impressed.
0
Reply
Male 147
Well this isn`t impossible and could be done with maybe 4-5 years of hardcore practice. The technique is called sweep picking and its pretty impressive/unbelievable to those who arent familliar with it.

What bugs me is that someone trys to show its skills and get a slew of really bad critics. Me as a musician have experienced this phenomenom which I call:

The "If your face doesn`t appear in MTV you suck no matter how proficient and skilled you`re" phenomenon.

Notice who I used the word "FACE". So yeah you got it, music sounds good to people no matter if it`s crap as long you have an image. Yeah forget all those countless hours studying music and an Instrument, just bang a couple of power chords use a vocoder and make sure you look pretty; and you`ll have a future in the music business.

Overall the guy is good, repeat. Good. Not amazing.
for Amazing guitarist look up for Al Di Meola, Paco de Lucia, John Pettruci and Jimi Hendrix.

Peace.

0
Reply
Male 538
""I agree with Skippy562...I have a friend who can shred even better than this guy...and he`s twelve...""

wait one minute!! i thought shred had something to do with skateboarding or snowboarding.. i definatly need to catch up with my teenage lingo *turns channel to MTV*

0
Reply
Male 4
If he is a guitar player hes into drugs?
Since when.

Stop saying its fake when its not you ignorant pricks.

0
Reply
Male 22
Yeah...you say that it`s fake, that someone showed more heart and was better. That guy plays guitar well, get over it. You CAN make those sounds with an electric. Hendrix showed no heart dumbasses. He showed what three tablets of acid can make you do. He was a good guitar player, but no where NEAR the best. Now, please, just shut up about it being Photoshopped. If he IS a guitar player, then he`s into drugs. Which means, his brain isn`t capable of using Photoshop without imploding...
0
Reply
Male 87
Photoshopped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0
Reply
Female 60
damn asians get all the talent lol...
This is real, and if it isn`t, then he must have hired some wicked good photoshoppers to photoshop every single freakin frame. Come on. He was probably born with a guitar in his hands. It is not impossible, just uncommon. It`s pathetic of how all of you are saying its fake. IT`S NOT! DEAL! JUST A DUDE WITH AN ELECTRIC GUITAR! and snoball1; you don`t know anything about guitar, do you? Go back to 3rd grade.
0
Reply
Male 56
that is most defantaly fake and if you knew that song its sped up by the computer...
0
Reply
Female 160
This will look good on his resume for McDonalds

lol...

0
Reply
Male 142
I`m sure he`s very good, but all I kept noticing was how bad the drumming on the backing track was.
0
Reply
Male 97
He`s good.
It sounds like a Malmsteem song.
I don`t see why people think it`s impossible for people to be that good.
And just because he`s good doesn`t make him a rockstar.
99% of musicians aren`t professional.

He`s good, but not soulful.
I`m not into shredders.

I like guitar from the heart.
As a guitarist myself,
I could tell you that it`s real.
And it`s REALLY hard to play that fast...

Now, if he only had some soul...
He would be brilliant...

0
Reply
Male 888
Not that I can do better, but it isnt that great.
0
Reply
Male 51
Photoshopped! All Photoshopped!
0
Reply
Male 26
it looked to me that his guitar wasnt plugged in. but this may just be due to the quality of the video. i also noticed that he doesnt seem to alter his picking speed to the music. if that was real then the guy must be really up himself to film himself playing that. music like that is poo anyway its all about getting rich and showing off play technical talent is nothing next to playing with soul.
0
Reply
Male 6
For those who say he only picks a few strings, you don`t need to pick when you`re shredding.

Shredding is all about pull offs and hammer ons (tapping strings with fingers).

0
Reply
Male 205
This will look good on his resume for McDonalds
0
Reply
Female 370
I think it was awesome! Go old dude go!
0
Reply
Male 230
i thought it was faked but then i noticed he was jappaniese why can jappaniese people do stuff like that and sold a rubiks cube in like 12 seconds and complete mario int 10 mins
0
Reply
Male 41
cool pretty dam good not quite dragonforce speed but still good.
0
Reply
Female 879
Im impressed, way better than I could ever do, not too much of my style, but definitly worth seeing, I think
0
Reply
Male 4
Hahaz cocohead has a point. But i believe you can be both. Objectivity is "best".

Anyway, the quality is bad enough, but if you check out his other videos it`s pretty much hard for him to completely fake it. Plus, IF you really look at it the exact placement of the fingers each time the same riff appears. He`s relaxed in different ways, and his shifting is quite good. So look again before you judge too quick

0
Reply
Male 5
Try this - Critics compare, Artists admire. My question to everyone is, which one are you?
0
Reply
Male 695
this guy is pimp. very good. i`ll bet he is a steve vai fan. i would like to hear him play some ZAPPA.
0
Reply
Male 213
You guys are morons. You are like OMG ITS TEH FAKEZORZ!!! But you have never picked up a guitar. If you think it is fake you have obviously never played guitar. I can`t believe people said it sounded like MIDI. You do not get that scratch the pick occassionally makes from a MIDI.
The people who think it is fake because there are no drums, well words don`t describe that. It`s called a backing track - he puts them for download on his site.
0
Reply
Male 48
hahaha fake all the way, just check the video closely, you can see that it is just different scenes replayed and spliced. I give it 2 thumbs way down.
0
Reply
Female 331
wowza
0
Reply
Male 4
I just found out he plays a stratocaster... Which is seriously a not bad guitar. Sorry about the wrong information. =)
0
Reply
Male 104
sigh. For all you slagging him off, when you can do better yourself, feel free to continue. Otherwise, stfu.
0
Reply
Male 4
Oh oops, Smagboy on why it looks fake. Anyway, I think this guy is probably in his late twenties, and it`s a "funky" hairdo in Taiwan. I know, it`s quite horrid to some of you out there, but then again you have many people with many different hairdos all around the world, who are you to really judge how a "rocker"`s hair should be?

And btw, people who don`t play guitar are allowed to criticised, but don`t talk like you know it so well that you can say how bad the person is without analysing why he`s bad. "I`ve seen better" isn`t a good enough excuse.

Anyway, he arranges his own music which is to me a rather good thing, despite the fact that I disagree with his style since I`m half-classically-trained.

Stop quoting "big names" without understanding each field well too. I don`t mean to be a harsh person, but please, it`ll be nice to know what you`re talking about before you say it. Saves a lot of argument on here. Though it does make it more

0
Reply
Male 4
Okay, I`m a guitarist as well, and Asian. Full-blood. He`s a taiwanese, Chinese, not a Japanese. Stop thinking all Asians are Japanese please. Thank you.

Anyway he`s a pretty good player considering his sweeping skills are pretty alright(it`s not faked). He`s too relaxed to be faked, to do at slow speed, singly picking each note and speeding up would make it ultimately super unnatural. I agree with some people that HendRix is not so "insanely out there" but credit is given to him because he pioneered the music of our current time. I would listen to Smagboy on that one, being that it`s a likely reason why it`s so, for there are actually many ways we can add background music into it.

Tough I have to say musically I don`t quite like this guy being that he`s not very tasteful, but the fact that he`s using a pretty crappish guitar it`s not bad, and the fact that he uses so much distortion. Might not be to many`s taste, but he`s of considerably good skill... Please give him som

0
Reply
Female 395
does anyone know his website to hear other junk at?
0
Reply
Female 285
Wasn`t this link posted on i-a-b.com a little while ago? Like a couple of months maybe? I can swear I have seen it here before.
0
Reply
Male 1,725
from the moment i saw it i new it was fake
it didnt even look like he was plucking the strings with his pick
0
Reply
Male 4,431
I`m guessing it looks fake because he`s likely playing direct into Cakewalk or Band in a Box (or some other digital multi-track software) while filming. He then goes back and adds the various effects (like at about 30 seconds you`ll hear the reverb and phase open up a bit, etc.) and syncs up the new audio with the video.

I do play guitar, and have for years, and this guy`s alright so long as you consider what he`s doing and from where`s he`s doing it. I guess it just depends on if you care for this type of music or not (I don`t, and couldn`t finish the video). If you do, and want to see it played right, go here and click the 2:30 video block (of the 6 on the right, it`s the middle, right hand one). Now, I`m not Vai, not even close, but I provide this link for comparison... :-)

0
Reply
Male 2,216
Where are the perfectly timed drum beats from?
0
Reply
Male 7
Your gimpistry is beyond comprehension. He`s obviously NOT "really mediocre", really mediocre is all the idiots who think this over the top tall poppy BS makes them look cool in front of a bunch of anonymous people on the net. Nobody`s creaming anyone over this. The video was posted and the decent people are showing a little bit of respect to a guy who has obviously worked hard to get his skills to this level. He`s not talking himself up or anything, he`s just doing his thing and he gets bashed to high hell. Nobody cares if you know some kid who was playing Eruption from within the womb, that video isn`t posted here. Now go die.
0
Reply
Male 4
[quote]On 4/14/2006 12:52:06 PM Fedaykin wrote: B.B. King shows more feeling with just two notes[/quote]
But B B kings stuff sounds like sh*t and is simply as F*ck.
0
Reply
Male 4
I can`t believe everyone is creaming themselves about this.
Hes really mediocre (I can`t do it, but then again I don`t want to. I can sweep fine without making it sound douchebaggy) and tons are better than him.
0
Reply
Male 4
Jerry C isn`t a kid.
AND
When you sweep with that much distortion and speed you don`t need to be accurate.
And it doesn`t sound good.
0
Reply
Female 64
and of course, hes asian. thats how we do =]
0
Reply
Male 531
i liked the Canon Rock better though
0
Reply
Male 531
cool thats the same kid that did http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?lin...

or Canon Rock for short

0
Reply
Female 1,382
*sigh* yeah another post...

It ain`t fake! I`ve seen 2 people play live, a kid and his teacher and yeah, maybe it does look fake but it ain`t!

0
Reply
Male 196
I can`t believe all the naive people on here who think this is fake. Just because you don`t see anyone playing drums doesn`t mean he can`t play them out of a speaker like some other people have said. Just because he seems to be moving faster than your tiny brain can comprehend doesn`t mean it isn`t real. I gurantee that everyone who said this was fake has never even played a guitar and for the guy who said that he didn`t even pluck the strings: To put it simply; you don`t have to pluck strings for sound to come out. There are such things as hammer-ons ect.
0
Reply
Male 254
He probally has really pushy parents and it does look kinda fake, they probally recorded it and then speed it up on the computer.
0
Reply
Female 1,382
some more of jerryc`s stuff is here http://www.jerryc.co.uk/

(sorry for the kinda double post)

0
Reply
Female 113
Why does everyone always compair everyone else to jimi hendRix. Yes, it has an "r". Seriously, not everyone can be hendrix, get over him. Or do you have some weird man-crush on hendrix? lol Well I wasn`t in awe but it wasn`t bad.
0
Reply
Female 1,382
Dammit, if I took guitar instead of the clarinet I bet I would have this guy beat by now :3

Oh and to whoever said it reminded them of Sonic it`s probaly cuz this is the way Jap`s play guitar and most of Sonics recent theme songs et cetera are by Japs.

0
Reply
Female 403
okay this is pissing me off a little. there seems to be a bunch of people who say " he`s not that good" " i`ve seen better" and blow off the video yadda yadda yadda. now, i think that the ONLY people qualified to say that are the people who can actualy play better OR who have AT LEAST touched a guitar. common peple, the guy has talent, lay off. i would piss myself if i could play that well. very snazzy clip. ^_^
0
Reply
Female 57
Hey, I`m European, and I think he rocked. All those people blabbing and b*tching about there`s no emotion, he played wrong notes, it was sooooo faked and whatever, can you play like that? I mean, if you could, then I would actually listen to what you have to say (umm read what you have to type) but otherwise, don`t diss him. You don`t have the musical knowledge to know that it`s photoshopped or whatever. Just because it is o the internet does not mean it`s fake or sh*tty. And all you people on about Jimi Hendrix and all those people I have never heard of, they aren`t "untouchable". Anyone who has been learning the guitar for as long as them could be like them. Jeez, just givce people a break and accept that they could be doing something that you can`t do that is amazing and freakishly clever. And that remark about him being Asian so he is uber smart, you can just go screw yourself with that. You ain`t got no one else to screw. (Ooooooo I insulted someone)
0
Reply
Male 49
Mamust and Spriggan666, contract herpes and die.

Also, asains don`t have souls.

kthnxbai.

0
Reply
Female 19
I`f he is actually a kid then yeah its good, but I doubt he actually is. I`ve known guys that can play like him from being 14 so its nothing new or spectacular for me.
0
Reply
Male 7
Yeah, the kid`s got some moves. I don`t see why it`s so impossible that the guy might be good at guitar... Really good, with freakishly fast hands. All you bastards with your deluded sense of guitar expertise? Best part of you don`t even play guitar and almost all of you have absolutely no good reason to doubt him.

The point`s been made earlier, but there ARE people better than this guy who have sold millions of albums for it. Get some of them on here.

0
Reply
Male 91
and yet he looks all relaxed... hee hee
0
Reply
Male 91
That`s... awesome...
0
Reply
Male 2,510
oh and just for the record...freaking americans OMFG! TEH AMERICANS R TEH SUX0RS! LOL!

i can do it to, get a sense of humour people

0
Reply
Male 2,510
you have the powers of your father but you havnt mastered them yet. Your dad has much to teach you...you too could play like this boy one day :P
0
Reply
Male 2,510
yes. yes you are.
0
Reply
Female 201
So, Hoax, I`m olny half human? [My dad is Japanese.] So,what am I, then? Oh, and he is cool. Freaking Europeans...
0
Reply
Female 395
I don`t know if it is real or not, (I`m betting real) but I`m showing this to my brother.

My dad got my brother; Dustin a guitar and told him he could get lessons once we moved. He was okay with that for a while, but now he says he doesn`t need lessons. He sits on the floor, puts his finger in his mouth, and strums it. Loudly I might add. It sounds like crap and I know it.

He swears up and down he doesn`t need lessons, so Imma show him this video and laugh at his dumbfounded expression.

Also, can every body stop bitching?

0
Reply
Female 123
i think its fake and that dude is REALLY UGLY
0
Reply
Male 51
*sighs, Just reading through and i noticed alot of Europeans think he sucks. Why europeans why do u have to complain about EVERYTHING. Jesus.
0
Reply
Male 51
Definately not fake. The kid playing is asian, and everyone knows asians are crazy at guitar.
0
Reply
Male 194
Ya, it is fake, its sped up a lot, and hes just playing chord variations by picking one string at a time which is not very hard.
0
Reply
Male 2,510
Izzy do you know what photoshopped is...?
0
Reply
Male 2,510
1. He`s not a kid, he`s asian.
2. It`s not fake, he`s asian.
He said this because ALOT of asians have a freaky ability to PERFECT anything they do...for example...

pro gamers
DDR freaks!
robot engineers

the list goes on

therefore, asians dont count as humans they are some kind of aliens that have come to give us technology and save man kind as we know it....

and build me a HOT robot that does everything a real women does but without all the hassle!


0
Reply
Male 158
PHOTOSHOPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!1111ONE11!
0
Reply
Male 2,486
You know what? I`m SICK and tired of you people who bash others because they kick your ass at something, to all you idiots who say "OMG DERS DRUMS IN DAT IT KANT BE REEL! LOL!", YEAH, THERES NO WAY TO DO THAT WITH OUR MODERN TECHONOLOGY.

This kids freaking amazing at what he does, and he`s better than most of you EVER will be.

Even if you wanna flame him, go get better than him and then try to..

0
Reply
Female 275
Hey, this ain`t no kid; this is Jerry C!! You remember him from Canon in D.
0
Reply
Male 1
Plain out crazy :-D
0
Reply
Male 76
erm....yeah very good.... VERY good....but the guy............... DRUGS!
0
Reply
Female 444
O.O
0
Reply
Female 1,463
i cudnt b bothered to watch the whole ting but the first 18 seconds wer gd!
0
Reply
Female 222
hmmm i think i remember this guy doing Canon awhile ago but a lot of it was fake but then again this looked more real i guess...that guy was really scary looking he looked like a kids head with a creepy guys face... also for some reason that reminded me of Sonic(u know, the blue headgehog)
0
Reply
Male 39
Thats just fake, his fingers hardly move and on some low notes he plays where it would make the highest.
0
Reply
Male 242
SirStealAlot, no man, hendrix sucks...i agree with you on the rest, Vaughan is the man, nobody could put more emotion into music than SRV and i doubt anybody can ever match him...and yes, i know that Stevie Ray Vaughan`s idol was Hendrix and that SRV used a few of Hendrix`s songs, i am well aware of that...but Stevie played those songs far better...forget everything you know about Hendrix and actually -listen- to his music and he`s not that great, his guitar playing is sub-par, he screws up a lot of his songs live...forget Woodstock and "playing with his teeth" and lighting his guitar on fire and actually LISTEN to his music and you`ll see that anybody with a few years of guitar playing could play Hendrix, and not only that, they can most likely out do him...stop listening to your parents when they told you as a kid that "hendrix is a god and that he`s the best guitar player ever" because he`s not, get over it
0
Reply
Female 694
Oooh I remember him.. Saw him on this one.. Eer... what was it called? Interview show thingy (Couldn`t understand it though.. I think it was in Thai...). He`s so cute XD And very talented, in my opinion. He`s actually pretty famous too!
0
Reply
Female 9
He`s not bad, but ain`t amazing either... Meh... I`ve been playing a guitar for a little more than half-year and I think in another half-year I could do the same.

Oh and to those people who wonder why they ehar drums... Well... There is a wonderful program called "Band in a Box". It plays various tracks of drums, or bass, or guitars and so on. And it gives you the feeling that you aren`t playing alone. Face it... It`s more fun to play a guitar when you hear the beat of the drums.

And for those who think the music doesn`t come out from the guitar... Well... It doesn`t... The sound of the guitar (electric) is usually heard through an amp. Also it might seem that what you see in teh video doesn`t match the sound very much. It`s because of teh poor quality of the video.

Sorry for my poor English. I`m only 14 and from a country where English is a foreign language.

0
Reply
Male 117
Also whoever said hendrix is overrated that has to be the dumbest statement ever made in these forums. Hendrix, vaughn, clapton, and king are untouchable nobody will ever play with as much soul as those guys...you feel the cords
0
Reply
Male 117
riday, April 14, 2006 1:12:40 PM
you said it, its th same with all these metal/shred things, no feeling

Umm have you ever seen Steve Vai play? look up the song Eugenes trick bag and tell me there is no feeling. And the kid is damn good listen to his other stuff he is pretty good for being 20 something...

0
Reply
Male 1,521
Yeah!!!! Nicely done! (If is real)
0
Reply
Female 2
all I can say to that is..

duuuuuuuuude!

0
Reply
Male 242
first off...hendrix wasn`t even that good, yah, he WAS good, but not a great, he`s far...far...far too over-rated
and secondly, why does it matter if it`s not the best you`ve seen, that guy is badass, why can`t you admit that? nobody on here can play that well so shut the hell up, pick up a guitar, and try it
and thirdly, it`s not fake
0
Reply
Male 28
uh, to the non-guitarist thats pretty cool...but it is just a bunch of sweep picking..and there is a second guitar on the recording giving it a real harmonious(sp?) sound to it.
0
Reply
Male 2,720
Vomit at 1000 mph is still vomit.
0
Reply
Male 1,225
[quote]Friday, April 14, 2006 1:04:19 PM
On 4/14/2006 12:52:06 PM Fedaykin wrote: B.B. King shows more feeling with just two notes

Amen, brother.
[/quote]
I`ll second that

Oh and to spazmoto, wth does being Asian have to do with anything?

0
Reply
Male 251
any1 else notice is hand is moving un humanly fast¿¿¿ Oh and it is possible with enough practice
0
Reply
Female 263
I don`t want to be one of those people that are all stupid and "I`ve seen better", but...

He is really great though would love to get some pointers from him!

0
Reply
Male 51
you said it, its th same with all these metal/shred things, no feeling
0
Reply
Male 1,586
[quote]On 4/14/2006 12:52:06 PM Fedaykin wrote: B.B. King shows more feeling with just two notes[/quote]

Amen, brother.

0
Reply
Male 9
B.B. King shows more feeling with just two notes
0
Reply
Male 200
Couple things.

1. He`s not a kid, he`s asian.
2. It`s not fake, he`s asian.

0
Reply
Female 294
i thought he was good.but then again i know nothing about playing the guitar.why is it sooo hard for you to belive he can play good.maybe he was having a off day.=D
0
Reply
Male 1,586
And for the record - the argument that you aren`t allowed to criticize something just because you can`t do it yourself is stupid. I can tell a girl that she gives an unimpressive blowjob without being able to give a great one myself. You savvy?
0
Reply
Female 268
that sounded like a really bad midi file.
0
Reply
Male 1
this is my first post on this website ever. SO GO ME. All i would like to say, being a guitar player myself and seeing the other songs he plays he is quite amazing and pretty hard to mach. yes his notes are a little sloppy when your playing 1/16th notes but until anyone can match that stop saying this guy sucks and have a little respect. and dammit would everyone stop with the fake stuff it dosn`t make you look kool but more like youdon`t know what you`re talking about
0
Reply
Male 1,383
he`s probably just playing a tiny bit over a song.
0
Reply
Male 146
I think he was trying to play along with the song actually but im a guitarist and i think thats was fake because he happened to get the right distortion and got it perfectly without looking most of the time in fact he was smiling
0
Reply
Male 6
Well, I don`t play guitar myself, but I`ve seen way better. I don`t think it was a fake. He can be sitting in front of his computer, the drums and stuff coming from his speakers and his guitar hooked up to a pc as amp or something similar without a pc(but it looks like he´s looking at a screen, that`s why I said that). Why do people always compare guitarists with Hendrix? Okay, Hendrix WAS good, but there are alot of guitarists nowadays who have gone way beyond his level(just because he´s the best known guitarist, doesn`t make him the best). For some good shredding I`d advise to watch some G3 concerts. Those were my 2 cents.
0
Reply
Male 180
it doesnt seem like its coming from the guitar but w/e i dont play so i wouldnt kno but it sounds a lot like Avenged Sevenfold
0
Reply
Male 98
*ducks*
0
Reply
Male 98
#1 hendrix never played with his teeth, he used hammer-ons near his mouth
#2 hendrix doesnt play his guitar upside down. he`s left handed.
0
Reply
Male 693
Whoa, but I have to go with skippy562 cuz there are probably other people who can do the same, not that I know anyone, tho. Lol. :-D
0
Reply
Male 1,586
[quote]On 4/14/2006 7:19:51 AM beternal wrote: when he can play it upside down, with his teeth, with his left hand and behind his head like j.hendrix, then i`ll be impressed...[/quote]

Forget playing with his teeth - when he can play with SOUL like Hendrix, I`ll be impressed.

0
Reply
Male 2,510
lots of the notes are the same he just switches them about, to make it look impressive....hes still good tho
0
Reply
Female 21
He`s good, but there are tons of people who can do that. Not including me, but whatever
0
Reply
Male 299
here is the link to canon rock which he also did.
0
Reply
Male 737
It sounds very generated. Somehow the noise doesn`t seem to be coming from the guitar, but it`s a good piece of music anyways.

And by the way, I believe thats an Encore guitar. Those things CANNOT play. Even Joe Satriani couldn`t get a sweep-picking riff going with an Encore, the action on them is way too high, the strings are about a centimetre off the fretboard. I played my friends once and everything about it was nasty.
So if he`s using an Encore, it`s definately fake, you can`t get that kind of sound out of those poor excuses for instruments.

0
Reply
Male 33
of course it looked a bit fake, but its not. That is some really good shredding, I cant even begin to imagine being able to do that myself, and I`ve been playing guitar for years and years.

However, I would be REALLY impressed if he could play slow and emotive

0
Reply
Female 44
looked a bit fake to me
0
Reply
Male 46
Gay, And gay powermetal. And gay again.
Boy got skills thou
0
Reply
Male 1,478
just not... Interesting.
0
Reply
Female 201
The reason he smiled is probably because he is thinking, "Besides a huge, flashy car, this has to be the greatest penis extention EVER!!!!" Well, he isn`t terrible, but he isn`t magnificent either. He probably is just wearing those clothes for comfort, and the crappy hairstyle is just because he is a starving musician. And he probably has a big head because of the angle of the camera or that he`s Japanese and is uber smart. Yeah.
0
Reply
Male 459
wow but that was so faked i meen there were drums where were the drums!?!
0
Reply
Male 341
what makes me laugh is everybody is saying its crappy and hes not that good, when probably everyone except for a few cant even play a chord...
0
Reply
Male 78
[quote]On 4/14/2006 7:51:18 AM AtomicSkier9 wrote: It looks VERY Fake. It seems hes not even "plucking" the strings. Oh well, I am not a muscian so I don`t really know if I am right. [/quote]
I`m pretty sure it`s real, it`s just not very good.
0
Reply
Male 1,085
It looks VERY Fake. It seems hes not even "plucking" the strings. Oh well, I am not a muscian so I don`t really know if I am right.
0
Reply
Male 1,225
^I was going to say there weren`t any triplets...
I`m a percussionist, but I don`t find guitar all that exciting. I could never do that, but I`m not all that excited about it either, real or not.
0
Reply
Male 78
Wait, not triplets, semiquavers.
0
Reply
Male 78
That`s really not that impressive. He`s muddles loads of notes. If you watch, it`s not that tricky, more showy. Just doing triplets in a few different positions. And he hits a sh*tload of wrong notes.

His technique seems pretty clumsy too.

0
Reply
Female 109
I agree with Skippy562...I have a friend who can shred even better than this guy...and he`s twelve...
0
Reply
Female 337
hes got 1 HUGE head and 1 BAD hairstyle
0
Reply
Male 2,057
COOOOOOO.........--catch my breath--...OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL but could be fake. If its real, read above.
0
Reply
Male 2,586
when he can play it upside down, with his teeth, with his left hand and behind his head like j.hendrix, then i`ll be impressed...
0
Reply
Male 233
well it was ok, ive seen better
0
Reply
Male 1,217
"U BASTED, WHO DO U THINK U R!?"

AWESOME! i think its real, but it looked a little fake because either the video or the sound is a little slower or faster than the other... OR ((smartass answer) light travels faster than sound, LOL)

0
Reply
Male 213
The guy`s definately good, but I like his other songs better. This is probably the least musical song he does. Listen to some of his other music to see his true talents. And TDQM, the guys from Dragonforce are fast, and cool. But it`s all speed. The actual riffs suck - they just run up and down scales.
And it`s not fake. There is no reason to think it is sped up, it looks perfectly real. Especially since songs he does like Canon have slow parts right next to fast parts. It has drums and rhythm guitar because he makes backing tracks to play to. Go to his website and you can download some of them.
0
Reply
Male 2,567
um.. wow?
0
Reply
Male 424
meh, it was ok. Looked incredible faked though
0
Reply
Male 761
wooo
0
Reply
Male 28
I dont get it i meen the guys from dragon force play MUCH better but you dont put solos of them just becuse they arnt famous dosent make them that good i meen i think i speak from a few people on the forum when i say why is he so good when there are guys that can play much better like hendix i havent seen one video of him on here all i have seen is kids playing pooly sorry about that rant but i think it had to be said
0
Reply
Male 196
I`m pretty sure this is the same guy who is in the google video doing Canon. I don`t know the song he played there but Canon is a great song.

No, it isn`t fake either. ^^^

0
Reply
Male 164
this guy isnt a kid hes pretty old...and this guy isnt really that amazing there is alot of people who can do that and are very young.
0
Reply
Male 150
if this guy`s this good, why is he sitting on his bed with bad clothes and an even worse hairstyle?
0
Reply
Male 269
Fake. It`s got drums and it`s sped up =-/.
0
Reply
Male 650
For a shredder he`s a bit sloppy. But then again I`m picky musicially.
0
Reply
Male 610
very talented..hope he makes it big in life :)
0
Reply
Male 374
i want him in my band
0
Reply
Male 7
I`d say its more like pushy parents...
0
Reply
Female 1,211
Drugs. Thats what it is :-P.
0
Reply
Female 630
it didnt work :-(
0
Reply
Male 452
Link: Kid with amazing guitar skills [Rate Link] - This guy is nuts.
0
Reply